Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria (9315 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Arrested Nigerian Students Not Terrorists – Parent / Osun Election: Students Not Endorsing Governor Rauf Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2013
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole has urged the youth in the country not to give up on Nigeria.

Instead, they should work in concert with government to enable the nation attain greatness.

The governor made the call in Benin yesterday when he was conferred with the Icon of Excellence Award and Grand Patron of the Nigerian Medical Students Association.

He said: “I am convinced that Nigeria has the potentials. I believe it is time to do those things we did not do in the past to ensure that the potentials become a reality and that we stop agonizing and start organizing and mobilizing our people to stand up and be counted as part of the forces of change to build a country that young people like you would be proud of and you will carry the national passport with every sense of pride and responsibility.”

Oshiomhole advised the students to refuse to give up on Nigeria, adding, “you cannot have another country where you can stay with our visa, where you will not be treated as a tenant or a visitor. The challenges we face are many. Like I have argued somewhere, I believe that our country is still much more than the sum total of all those challenges. What is required is for us to recognize that each of us can make a difference.”

He thanked the Nigerian Medical Students Association for the honour done him as a result of the evaluation of his stewardship.

Presenting the award in the Government House, President of the Medical Students Association, Maina Basiru, said the governor was one person the association had come to recognize for his excellent performance.

He stated that it was the first time that the association would give awards to politicians, adding that as students, they had continued to regard Oshiomhole as ‘a Comrade’ and not a politician.

“You are someone on a rescue mission. Before the coming of Adams Oshiomhole, we know the condition of the state. But today, Edo State has become a role model, not only to Nigerians but to other African countries. Today, people can come to Edo State and do business.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/dont-give-up-on-nigeria-oshiomhole-urges-students/

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 09, 2013
Really?
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by owolabifunke14(f): 8:47am On Sep 09, 2013
Abeg free us this ur yeye talk.U don spoil our country finish come dey use style dey twist am back to d youths.

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Tuntheycr7: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2013
We don hear. Next pls...
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2013
And in their greed they left no inheritance to the children.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by RINE1: 9:20am On Sep 09, 2013
aikluck007:
Instead, they should work in concert with government to enable the nation attain greatness.
abeg make i hear word...how we want take work in agreement with the nation with the ongoing ASUU strike.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Shadydamsel(f): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2013
We don hear
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Cindino20(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2013
Comrade ma foot undecided......FP fins...

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by tolurainbow(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2013
Not 2 give 2 2034 abi una done craze finish...mtchwwwwwww
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2013
b
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nuvally: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2013
The problem is not the problem. The problem is our attitude towards the problem. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE.

For those nagging about ASUU strike, I guess you guys are the reason why they are feeling senators. They should be ignored.

I respect Oshimole anytime anyday. The system is already corrupt!

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2013
We don hear. We will not give up. But you people are making us to give up embarassed

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by nerodenero: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2013
Our leaders gave up on the youths and Nigeria as a whole a long time ago when they continuously loot the treasury and deny us basic amenities.It is just very normal that we give up on Nigeria.As for me,I see no future except God redirect the Country miraculously.There is just nothing to hope on in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Ufranklin92(m): 10:13am On Sep 09, 2013
This people is always talking rubbish
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by abatajjvii: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2013
who they talk there

undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2013
[size=16]Dnt Be Like Yuzedo.. Neva Give Up!![/size] undecided undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by gen2briz(m): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2013
space tinz
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by yhetti05(f): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2013
aikluck007:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/dont-give-up-on-nigeria-oshiomhole-urges-students/
http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/general/80744-don’t-give-up-on-nigeria%2C-oshiomhole-urges-students.html
mstcheeeeew oshiomhole abeg Park Well;itz nau u have feelings for the youth undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by kkkp: 10:19am On Sep 09, 2013
FRESH AIR grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by cdamsel(f): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2013
Pple dat sch in nigerian don't ve a choice,u think if pple had choice dem go sch 4 nigerian?

Parents & students alike ve given up on d system until huge transformation re made
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Birichie(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2013
I think it should be the other wayround, Nigerias shouldn't give up on the students
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Chimaritoponcho: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2013
End time tinz

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by AbuMikey(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2013
My amiable talkative of a Governor tongue

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Encoredme(m): 10:25am On Sep 09, 2013
I have a dream that one day, Nigeria will be great. I have a dream, that one day, our young people will be recognised for their innovation and creativity and their potential shall become maximised.
God will not come and change Nigeria, we will, one person at a time, one problem at a time. That is, when we are ready. For now, majority of us aren't.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 10:26am On Sep 09, 2013
Thank God u knw. Most of us ve already given up, wen u cant even give us an uninterrupted tertiary education, na so so strike strike like say we don turn footballers. If u think A̶̲̥̅♏ lying go to ghana, cotonou, togo, ukraine, cyprus, malaysia, tahiti, haiti, kenya and A̶̲̥̅ host of other african countries u will see ur nigerian brothers and sisters thr schooling, because they cant bear to face the disgraceful nature of our educational system. Better start fixing this problem u and ur colleagues caused, by giving ASUU wat they want, then we will knw u are truly concerned. If not, shut the f.u.c.kk up.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by fckyourman: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2013
A governor telling us don't give up, when he doesn't know the hardship these youths go thought everyday. If he really wants to help the youth he should talk to the FG government on behalf of the youth if not he should Shut up and continuing stealing EDP state money meant for the people.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by jes7: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Are you a graduate who has interest in home teaching and you live on the Island or not too far from the Island? Please send your CV indicating the subject(s) you can teach to jeshconcepts@gmail.com.
Please note, our clients live on the Island, thus we need people who can easily access the Island.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2013
cdamsel: Pple dat sch in nigerian don't ve a choice,u think if pple had choice dem go sch 4 nigerian?

Parents & students alike ve given up on d system until huge transformation re made

*in robots voice* Gbagauns detected....

BTW are you a student What school ? :-/
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by cumpaddre(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2013
RAWBISH angryangryangry
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by rozayx5(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2013
Chimaritoponcho: End time tinz

i wud like Seun and his Mods to censor these 2 words for just a week, am sure this rubbish will stop by then undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 09, 2013
Only Nigerians can have full
conversations with just
QUESTIONS.
Dele: My guy, How far?
Emeka: Wetin dey happen?
Dele: Why you jus dey call me
now?
Emeka: You buy me credit?
Dele: Dis wan wey you call so, you
wan show?
Emeka: Where u dey?
Dele: You sabi Plus place?
Emeka: Make we block there?
Dele: Before nko? Abi u wan make
we block for anoda place?
Emeka: You get pay?
Dele: Wetin you wan take money
do?
Emeka: We no suppose to drink?
Dele: Na me born you?
Emeka: No be u be my chairman?
Dele: Abi craze don log on to u?
Na
my pay u go dey use maintain?
Emeka: Before nko?
Dele: U serious abi you dey play?
Emeka: Bros, wetin u tink?
Dele: So, u no really hold change
eh? And u wan drink? U no dey
shame?
Emeka: Bros, which ones na? Na
change for beer come dey cause
dis
kind yarn?
Dele: Before nko?

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by laplace19(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2013
See talk.... We should not give up on Nigeria when the government has already given up on us the youths.....SMH

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Causes Commotion At Court Says"buhari Is Mad He Cant Jail Me"(video) / We Are Not Tapping Telephone Lines Of Nigerian Citizens - DSS / The Man Who Hugged Bianca Ojukwu When She Slapped Former Anambra's Firstlady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.