Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,858 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:58 AM

Mysterious - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mysterious (6631 Views)

The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Re; The Crazy Circle(mysterious) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
EPISODE 1
THE SKY IS BLUE, the weather looks so bright for events like weddings, burial, birthdays to take place. Considering the season of the year, its unexpected for rain to fall hence social activities can easily take place.
But for Bola, she is oblivious of her present environment talkless of taking note of what the weather looks like. No wonder a Yoruba adage said "someone that hasn't faced difficulty shouldn't call himself a man".
The events of one year ago was playing itself back in bola's mind making her loose touch with the present.
" Bola, why are you so quiet this afternoon, I have noticed that you've been very quiet since you got here, hope no problem" asked bayo.
Sighing heavily, "well, I don't think I need to start parabulating, let me hit the nail on its head; I AM PREGNANT FOR YOU BAYO!".
After a few seconds of silence which looks like eternity, Bayo finally speaks " You are pregnant huh",
Bola looking amused replys " Didn't you hear me right or what?, of course I am". "You don"t expect to bring such a shocking news to me and not get me surprised, do u?", "what are we going to do now?",
"what do you want us to do?" replied bola.
Clears throat, " well, considering the fact that we are just freshers in school, I mean we've spent barely six months in the university and you are telling me this!, you know we are not responsible enough to become parents besides your family don"t really approve of me, remember they've always detested me ever since we were in secondary school. and..."
cutting him short " bayo, when I wanted to tell you the news, I went straight to the point, its not like am not distressed here too, its just that I want you to be factual so that I will know what next to do from here". "okay, I will come and visit your parents this weekend to let them know am responsible for the pregnancy, Do they know yet?"
"WHAT!!! bayo are you crazy? my parents? do you want to kill me? that's not acceptable please think of something else!"
"If you are thinking of aborting that baby count me out, Its a thing of shame that we made the mistake of having sex at first, now you want us to compound our sin by including murder right?" what you want to hear that I will say; we are keeping the baby.
Bola who was initially shocked at the prospect of visiting her parents started crying.
"Sweetheart am so sorry, I never meant to shout at you that way, am really so sorry, but you know that the only dignifying thing to do right now is to both accept our mistake and brace up for the arrival of the baby".
Bola letting out a long hiss while sobbing replied " easier said than done, when you will not be the one to face the cruel treatment from the society, when you will not be the one with the bulging stomach after some months, when you don't know how strict my parents can be. You are so selfish, thinking about yourself alone" and with these, she stormed out.
soliloquizing "Women can be very funny, Isn't she thinking of the risk involved with abortion? am I not the one that should be acting weird? after all I have my reputation to protect too, as far as I am concerned, there will be no abortion, bad enough that we have done something aborminable in the sight of the LORD, now she wants us to worsen it by committing murder"

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious by Madawaki01(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Following
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
madawaki01 thanks
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
BOLA couldn't sleep, she kept tossing right and left on her bed hoping silently that all that is happening to her is a dream.
"oh my GOD what have I done to myself"she kept muttering, she couldn't stop the flow of tears that was streaming down her face. She was in this state till she got exausted and was swayed by the tempting hands of sleep.
Bayo is the only child of mr and mrs Adesesan who diedin a ghastly motor accident and ever since the death of his parents, he has been raised by his uncle who lived modest life an believed in instilling proper disclipline in a child hence they pride thierselves in raising a disciplined and handsome boy called bayo.
Bayo started thinkng of the best possible way to tell his guardian what he has done without much rancour but all through the night, sensible ideas excluded him. He however had a resolve that if this is GOD's way of punishing him, so be it but the pregnancy will not be terminated.
She was chased about with a cutlass by a girl who was crying and screaming saying
"you are wicked, you didn't gve me the chance to live and am here to take your soul".
Bola woke up with a scream and sweat oozing out of her body. She pondered on the dream for a while and later concluded that its due to her distress hence her plan stands, she must abort the growing foetus!

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2013
The following morning, bola heard a mild knock on her door. Wondering who that could be, she reluctantly stood up from her bed to open the door.
"good morning, can I come in?"
stepping aside, she allowed him in.
"I'm sorry for being so silly yesterday, I shouldn't have acted that way". Bola apologized.
"Its okay dear, we've found ourselves in a messy situation that we both didn't plan for, So how was your night?"
"terrible"
"Hmmmmmn" clears throat, "Bola"
"YES"
"Have you given our last discussion a deep thought?"
"Yes I have"
"What is your decision?"
"Bode, like I said yesterday, I can't face the stigmatization from the society, I can't afford to disappoint my parent's, I can't allow an unplanned child disturb and destroy my future, I will have to abort the baby"
"And if you develop serious complications after the abortion and die?, what if later in life when you are ready to give birth you are discovered to have no womb, what if that child keep hunting you all your life?" Bode replied calmly
Flaring up " I knew it! I know that the thoughts you have towards me are thoughts of evil and not of Joy, I know you never loved me. Mr Man, I am aborting this pregnancy and there is nothing you can do about it!"
with these, she got up, went to the door, opened it and ordered Bode out of her house.

"Hello, am I speaking with the Adesida's?"
"yes, How can I help you?"
"Your daughter was brought here unconscious some hours ago, she was involved in a motor accident, your presence is needed at our hospital"
"what! my daughter?, where was she going to? how come? please I need the address now"
After getting the address of the hospital from the doctor, Mrs Adesida hurriedly left the house to go and see her daughter.
When Mrs Adesida got to the hospital, she was so scared and eager to see her daughter and she was directed to the ward her daughter was being treated. After staying for a while with her daughter who had regained consciousness but sleeping and sobbing quietly, the doctor asked to see her.
"You must be mrs Adesida"
"yes"
"well, madam, the accident did not cause any internal damage on your child only some cuts in some parts of her body. But we need to carry out some other tests on her if you will permit us"
"Doctor, Just do anything that will make my daughter leave this place as soon as possible"
"okay, thanks for your cooperation"
"thanks doctor, am really grateful"

After a week in the hospital, Bola was finally discharged from the hospital and the result of the test carried out on Her was given to her parents that same day. When they Got home, Bola's mother prepared a delicious meal for her child which she ate before going to sleep.
After making sure that their daughter is well attended to, Mrs. Adesida decided to get some rest herself. Picking up her Bag from where she had carelessly dropped it initially, she started heading for the room but the bag stopped her because the contents in it fell out. While packing it back, she saw the brown envelope containing the test results that the doctor gave them and she decided to check what it contains.
"WHATTTT!!!!" Bola's mother screamed and Her husband rushed to her side to know what went wrong.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by Madawaki01(m): 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
Spacing,work on ur spacing

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thanks, will work on that @ madawaki01. Please drop your comments and constructive criticism for encouragement and improvement as you read. thanks

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
The scream woke Bola up. She couldn't stop wondering what happened to her mother that made her scream that way. Finally, she decided to check n her. On getting to the sitting room, the pale form of her mum scared Her.
"Mum, what is wrong with you?. Hope you are alright?"
Her mother couldn't respond, she just kept shaking her legs as if someone just died.
"BOLA, have your seat" replied her father.
After Bola was seated, her father gently passed her the report the doctor gave them earlier. Bola who was oblivious f what the report contains opened it.
On opening it, she let out a loud gasp and started crying. Her mother infuriated by her sob charged at her demanding to knw who impreginated her. Mr Adesida sensing the tension mounting, swiftly took charge of the situation and calmed both mother and daughter. After making sure that both are seated again, Bola's father demanded for an explanation from his daughter.
" Mum, dad I am so sorry, its a mistake" was all she could say admist tears.
"I am so dissapointed in you, is this what I trained you to be?, I want to see the bastard who impreginatd you this weekend" with that, she left father and daughter sitting and headed for their bedroom
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2013
nice story, bt OP i hope na fiction.
cool following8)
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Imerion, thanks for following, Yes it is
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
EPISODE 2
After Mrs left the sitting room, Bola's father decided to talk to her.
"well, to say am disappointed at you is to say the least. Your mother and I raised you in a higher standard then this. But the mistake has been made and there is nothing one can do about that." Bola's father said in a rather cool voice.
"I am sorry sir"
"Who is responsible for this pregnancy, what is his name?" He asked
At this, Bola looked up in a hasty manner because she wasn't expecting such question from her father. Knowing fully well that Bola was not accepted in her house, she thought of lying but immiediately thought against it remembering that her mother was expecting to meet him during the weekend.
"Bode sir"
"Bola why would you do this to us? Bode?, what job has he to father a child, despite all our warnings?, is this the type of life you want to live, giving birth out of wedlock to a Boy who cam barely feed himself?, Well like your mother said, this weekend, we want to see him."
...............................................................................................................................................................

Two days later, Bode received a call from Bola saying that they needed to meet as a matter of urgency and importance. Bode's mind couldn't concentrate on the early morning lecture He was receiving before the scheduled meeting with Bola. The Last time he had heard from her was when He went to Her house to convince her about keeping the pregnancy. What had happened between that period of time? has she succeeded in terminating the pregnancy? what does she want to tell him? the success of the abortion?, hissing inwardly, he thought that if that is what the urgency is all about, he wasn't interested but anyway he would go even if it is just to see her face again.
Bode allowed his thoughts to wander farther to how he had really missed her, how he long to make things go back to how it used to be before the pregnancy saga, how bola used promise him that only death could do them part because now it seems that pregnancy has caused a crack in their wall.
His mind was jolted back to the present when the lecturer announced the end of the lecture. As soon as the lecturer left the lecture hall, bode didn't wait for the normal chit chat with his friends, he left immediately.
When bode got to the spot they had agreed to meet which was under the mango tree not far from the engineering building of the campus, He sighted bola who didn't see him. Before notifying her of his presence, He did a short study of her features and noticed that she was tensed and not composed. Then he began to wonder what was wrong.
Tapping her gently by the shoulder, He greeted
"Good afternoon bola"
"I didn't even know when you got here, Good afternoon"
"Its been a while, hope all is well with you"
"As you can see bode, All is not well"
" What Is wrong?" asked an alarmed Bode
"I had an accident on my way to the hospital for the abortion"
"Oh my God" exclaimed Bode
"Someone rushed us to the hospital and there after my parents were contacted. A test was carried out on me and I never knew what it was all about until I heard my mum scream day before yesterday at home only for me to realize that it was the result of a pregnancy test."
" So you are still carrying the pregnancy and your parents knows?"
"yes".
"Do they know that am responsible for it?
"Only my Dad does and they will like to meet you on Saturday"
"they?"
"My mum and Dad"
Sighing deeply, bode replied "That means I have to tell my guardians before Saturday".

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
hello guys, do u rili want me to continue writing dis story? I rili nid to knw if u r enjoyng it or not. Your opinion matters
Re: Mysterious by sexymoma(f): 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pleeeeeeeease continue am ***following***

1 Like

Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
thanks sexymoma. I jst wanna knw if ppl r following. The comments matters too u knw. *winks*. I will continue anyways
Re: Mysterious by AMYpurple(f): 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
kip it cumin.....I'm here alrdy..lol
btw,u r gud bt work on your puntuatn and also on your descriptive imagination....kinda findin it hard to relate wit d story.
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
Thanks AMYpurple. Will wrk on it. Thanks!
Re: Mysterious by sexymoma(f): 9:09am On Sep 25, 2013
**Still Waiting**
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
Oga mi,ma...see you have been doing great i just seeing this today but it does not matter....look at my signature and you will know what will happen to this thread
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Am sorry for d delay, I am having a slight problem wit my system. I will update on mon. Thanks for reading despite d imperfection.
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
guy cum update ds story nah cool
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hormaulorlah: Am sorry for d delay, I am having a slight problem wit my system. I will update on mon. Thanks for reading despite d imperfection.

ok nah, we dey wait.
Re: Mysterious by buyles(f): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2013
Hi dear, its monday already, pls update na.
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
EPISODE 3
Bode isn’t the type that gets frustrated so easily, but with this ugly situation that’s eating deep into his innermost being, he couldn’t help being frustrated. His mind was playing several tricks on him, at a point he thought of ending his own life so that all the recent drama in his life would stop but he couldn’t muster the courage to do so. Finally, he decided to visit his guardians on Saturday to let them know what he had gotten himself into and then proceed to Bola’s parent’s home on Sunday to let them know he is responsible for the pregnancy.
On that said day which he was to visit his guardians, an impromptu lecture was fixed but he didn’t bother to wait for any lecture because he wanted to beat all traffics on the road so that he could still meet his uncle and his wife at home because they might have one function or the other to attend. Besides, he thought to himself of what use was his wait when he was bound to gain nothing during the lecture. So he called his friend to help him with attendance because that also matters.
Immediately he got home, his guardians were surprised at the same time worried not knowing what brought him home at this odd moment since it wasn’t his usual character to come home during the semester even though their house was not so far from UNILAG where he schooled. They however welcomed him warmly, asked about how he was faring and academics in general which he responded to positively. Since it was a weekend, everyone was at home busy doing the general cleaning and they were about cooking when Bode arrived. His uncle’s wife asked if he would eat rice as that was what they wanted to cook or maybe he preferred something else joking that rice is what students eat most in school so he might not want to eat it at home. Not having any appetite, he declined politely lying that he ate something before coming in the morning. His uncle noticing his tensed mood asked if all was well with him and he nodded saying all was well that he only came to pay them a visit since he was missing them but he would be going back that same day. With this, he headed to his room promising himself to tell them the real reason why he came home after the family’s breakfast.
Bode really enjoyed the short nap on his bed because he had not had such a wonderful sleep in a while now since the whole drama started. He was jolted back to life when he heard his name from somewhere. At first, he could not remember where he was but after some seconds, his memory came back fully to him. Then he recognized the voice calling him as his mum’s (as he fondly called her).
Immediately he could recognize the voice calling him, he went to the sitting room to know why his attention was needed. On getting there, he saw that the meal was ready and the table was set. He was beckoned upon to come and join them on the dinning table as his dish was also set. He groaned inwardly wondering if his “mother” even heard him saying he wasn’t hungry but he was answered immediately he looked at her because a mischievous smile was playing on her lips meaning that she heard him right but he has to do her bidding. Knowing that he had no choice and that he had to play by her rules so that he does not raise any further suspicion for now, he went to join his family wondering if they would still regard him as part of them after telling them what actually brought him home.
When everyone was settled, Joy who was not really aware that bode was not his original brother and thought she was the second born of the family was asked to bless the meal.
“In Jesus name, father bless this meal and let it function well in our system. Give us the grace to always live our lives to please you so that you so that we shall never lack any good thing. In Jesus name I pray”
Everyone said Amen except Bode because the last part of the prayer stung him and that even disturbed him more. He just picked at his meal and he couldn’t eat well. When asked if the meal was not delicious enough, He blamed his lack of appetite on the meal he had had earlier before coming. Though his “mum” was not conviced, yet she didn’t pressurize him to eat.
Immediately the meal was over, all dishes washed and everyone was settled again, Bode decided to tell them what he came home for. But before telling them, he made sure Joy, Janet and Jack his three younger ones were no longer in the sitting room.
Clearing his throat to gain their attention, he started:
“Mum, Dad, I have something to tell you both. Its been on my mind to come home to tell you for a while now but I do not just know how to say it”
“I knew it! Since you’ve came home since morning, you’ve not been your usual self. You look so stressed out and tired. Is any one disturbing you in school? Are you broke? What is wrong” Interrupted mum
“Darling, please give him the chance to talk without interrupting him. Lets hear what he has to say please. I am as worried as you are but we cannot know what is wrong if we do not allow him to talk so please keep quiet while we listen.” Said her husband while gesturing to Bode to continue.
Bode who didn’t know how to continue was full of tears in spite of himself. He prostrated and started apologizing telling them he had disappointed them, saying that he had refused to follow the Christian way with which they had trained him.
When his guardians couldn’t take it any longer, they urged him to stand up and at least tell them what is happening.
“I errrrmmmm, I have done the abominable thing, I know my punishment is death”
At this point, his “mother” couldn’t take it any longer so she tried to calm him so that he could talk
“Look Bode, No matter what you have done, the king of kings is ready to forgive you, Jesus has paid for your sins on the cross at Golgotha, If Christ can forgive you, how much more we your parents. I can see that you have really suffered over whatever it is that is bothering you but am sure if your biological parents were alive, they wouldn’t like to see you acting like a jelly fish who has got no mouth to talk, or haven’t we been parental enough to you to make you confide in us?” she concluded
“ma, sir, I impregnated a lady”.
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
buyles: Hi dear, its monday already, pls update na.
Now I have updated. Thanks for the love
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Till Wednesday that I will update again If God wills, stay blessed!
Re: Mysterious by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hormaulorlah: Till Wednesday that I will update again If God wills, stay blessed!
Re: Mysterious by buyles(f): 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
Looking forward to it dear, jus dont wait for me to beg u to update again ooo...lol
Re: Mysterious by Madawaki01(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2013
Still following
Re: Mysterious by zenie(f): 10:07am On Oct 02, 2013
Its wednesday o! Waiting smiley
Re: Mysterious by Hormaulorlah(f): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
EPISODE 4
The news was like a blow to his guardians and they just sat there dumbfounded for a while; For his uncle whom he referred to as dad, it was like a sudden stroke had just incapacitated his feet and his lips were too heavy to function. The quiet in the room made bode uncertain about what to feel, he looked from mum to dad searching for an expression to hold on to. He then focused his gaze on mum. At first he thought he saw something like shock then it transformed to disappointment, finally he saw a tear drop. That shattered him totally, he felt emotionally drained immediately, he couldn't stop blaming himself for causing his guardians so much agony. He blamed himself for not being able to control himself at that lustful moment. He prayed in his mind that dad or mum would say something, anything at all, even if it is to rebuke him he wouldn't mind as the silence was killing him.
Finally after what seemed like eternity, dad was the first to regain his composure and he spoke first:
"Bode, what have you done?, how did this happen?, why did you allow the devil to manipulate you so easily?"
Bode couldn't even respond, he just kept starring at the floor like his responses would emanate from there.
"Does the girl's parents know about this?" this time mum spoke with a shaky voice
"yes ma" replied Bode
"And their reaction?" Asked mum
"I have not met them since the incident ma, but she told me that they want to see me tomorrow"
" So you wouldn't have told us anything if the lady's parents haven't insisted on seeing you right" responded mum
" Tomorrow it is, You are not leaving here today and we are going to their place together tomorrow after service" dad said finally
After the final decision, dad helped his wife up and they both went to their room leaving bode to his own thoughts.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................
Since the pregnancy incident, Bola had been asked to bring all her luggages back home so that she would be going to school from home and so that she would not be able to meet Bode at any point in time except when needed. Her mother specifically saw to this making sure that she got detailed information about her movement from sources in her school. As Sunday approached, Bola felt so uncomfortable not knowing what to expect on that day as that was the day for the scheduled visit from Bode. However, what she didn't know that bode's guardians had planned to be there with him.
Immediately after the church service, Bode and his guardian set out to meet bola's parents.
On getting there, Bola was the first the sight them. She was so dumbstruck that she just stood at the window post where she was viewing them from unable to close her mouth and thinking that Bode was crazy for bringing his parents or whatever he calls them with him.
When they got to the door post, they performed the normal right of knocking before entering and their knock was answered by Bola who grudgingly left the window post to answer them. Immediately she opened the door, she got a clearer view of their guests and she went on her knees to greet Bode's guardians who answered her warmly. On getting up from her kneeling position, her face met Bode's and it remained so for some seconds, after she managed to drag her gaze away lazily, she wondered how easily she could get attracted to him again despite the unfavorable conditions they are both in and she mused about how deeply she has missed him. Bode on the other hand was agonizing about how he hadn't been man enough since the whole incident, thinking that Bola would never forgive him and would never love him again.
After the normal formalities between both parties, the reason for the gathering was addressed.
"Well Mr and mrs obe, I know that your son here would have told you what he did with my daughter, even though I wasn't expecting you to follow him here, I am glad you did anyway." Mr Adesida started.
"The reason why we insisted on seeing him was to know what he has in mind concerning the pregnancy" With this, he opened the conversation ground for the Obe's.
"Sir and ma, to say we aren't shocked and disappointed at our son's behavior is to lie. We are highly disappointed about his actions but since our religion forbids getting pregnant or giving birth out of wedlock, I suggest we should do a small engagement between the two familes and when she puts to bed we would do the white wedding." Replied mr Obe
With this, Mrs Adesida responded Hotly
"Which stupid engagement are you talking about, Instead of being ashamed of yourselves for raising a Dog, You r here running your mouth, Shameless and useless people''
"Honey, stop that please, Bode is not the only one at fault here, The two kids are both at fault. lets give them our own terms too and we will reach a compromise." Replied Mr Adesida.
Facing the Obe's, He apologized for his wife's rude behavior before stating their own terms.
"We have decided that nothing is to be done until Bola is delivered of her baby and Bode will be strictly adviced to stay clear of Her for now for His own Good."Finalised Mr Adesida.
"But sir that is not possible............" REplied a surprised Bode
But He was cut short by Mr Adesida Who mainted his stance getting a strict support from his wife by the nodding of Her head.
Seeing that their mind was already made up, Mr and Mrs Obe Got up to leave but Bode prostrated at the feet of Mr Adesida telling him to reconsider his stance but he was told off so After much struggle, He finally Left with His guardian.
Bola's world was shattered, Her heart was broken and her sanity destroyed. She just looked on like she was to die But she didn't.
Re: Mysterious by AMYpurple(f): 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
oh dear!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Love Chemistry 101 / The Stormy Fate / 5 Types Of Writers We Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.