Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:37 PM

Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result (24006 Views)

OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session / Kogi State University {pre-degree Result) / Futo Pre-degree Result List Is Out. Admission List Out Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2006
HI
i finished with a second class lower in my ist degree do you think i can get admission abroad for masters with this result.
my CGP was 2.63, am really doubting if iwould get a school overseas , especiall in the USA.
plz help me out.
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by roflmao: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2006
You may well be able to. Depends on the University you graduated from and that you're applying to. The latter will prolly be the deciding factor but other factors will come into consideration like your professional experience and/or any external professional qualifications you may hold.

I suppose in the worst case you may just have to take something like an Access course I guess. Nothing that serious
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2006
i finished from FUTO studying elec elect engineering.
FUTO means federal university of technology , owerri, imo state.
i inteend gettin my CCNA and CCNP professional exams b4 i tink of applying
or do u think i should do a Post Graduate diploma cos 2 upgrade my GP to a second class upper division?
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by roflmao: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2006
I'd say you're definately doing good by getting your CCNA & CCNP and Post graduate Diploma might be a good thing cos you may well be able to get in directly. The indication I'm getting is that you're going into Computer Networks right?

Anyway my best advice is that you research and make a shortlist of your preferred Universities. Then contact the relevent persons in-charge of admissions into their Masters programs and put your situation forward to them to best know where you at and what you may need to do. From that you will be able to get an official confirmation as well as what will best suit you. I did likewise before commencing my undergraduate program and it got me settled, answered my questions, and totally cleared my doubts.
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by Consultant(f): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2006
It won't matter very much if you have a great score in the GRE and if the rest of your application looks good. Good work experience can also help to enhance your chances. I know someone with a 2.2 who qualified for admission to a top 20 business school so don't worry too much about it.
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by my2cents(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2006
the only way to know, in my opinion, is by you applying to the school(s) you have in mind and letting them review your transcript.

Better than trying to crack your brain coming up with mathematical formulae that may or may not work.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by Badman888(m): 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2006
yea it is possible, it just depends on the school you apply to.
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 05, 2006
thanks guys for ur assistance, but i hope u guys know that i finished with a CGPA of 2.63
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by SkolAbroad: 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2010
Hello All, I have been following the question with keen interest.

Even with 3rd Class in your first degree, I guarantee you admission into universities in the UK for your Master through a Pre-Master programme route. Note that you MUST come to our office because we do not operate from abstract world. Call us on 08038409305 or send mail to: info@cardinalstar.com
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by GLOBALINF: 10:34am On Oct 20, 2014
BENEFITS FOR STUDYING IN CYPRUS

• No need of external exams such as SAT, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
• Affordable tuition fee (part payment is accepted)
• Free Transportation around the city for students 24/7
• Job Opportunity for student with work permits
• Affordable Accommodation for Students
• Discount card for students to purchase goods at a very cheap rates
• Scholarship Opportunity for outstanding students
• Cyprus is a crime-free country
• Free internet facility is available in almost everywhere (inside buses, parks, relaxation gardens, public buildings, supermarkets, schools, hospitals etc)

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

• O-Level Results
• Transcript or Statement of Result.
• International Passport
• Birth Certificate
• Application forms
• University Degree Certificate/Transcripts. (Masters Only).

WHY NORTH CYPRUS

North Cyprus offers; favourable, extraordinary, enjoyable, mystic, spiritual and peaceful environment for you any season of the year. Cyprus, third biggest island of the Mediterranean is always desired in every period of history for strategic, political, commercial and religious reasons, and does not lose its charm at any time...

North Cyprus location is at the crossroads of Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa. Closest neighbouring locations are Turkey, South Cyprus, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, Israel and Syria. Its coasts are approximately 396 km long with a unique blend of beaches, plains and mountains. Moreover, with its historical past and location, Northern Cyprus is in many ways a surprising synthesis between eastern and western cultures; and with its rich multicultural heritage, in every part of the country you will find ancient monuments and sites that belongs to more than 11 thousand years of civilization and history makes the country exceptionally beautiful.

North Cyprus Universities offer affordable tuition and fees as well as accommodation charges, whilst North Cyprus offers moderate living expenses. Estimated average living expenses for international students are 100-250 USD per month.

Food and drinks bought from shops instead of eating out in restaurants can significantly be cheaper. An individual gets to spend less than 50 USD every week for grocery items and beverages. All other shopping items as well as services are also very affordable in North Cyprus. Just to give you a broad idea, a haircut costs around 3 USD for men and 10 USD for women; a can of coke costs less than 1 USD and a Burger King meal
costs around 5 USD. All in all, North Cyprus offer very affordable living conditions for students and this is among the top reasons why Cyprus is fast becoming a student hub for students from many different countries and cultures.

DO YOU KNOW THOSE FACTS?
• A Breakdown of student members in Cyprus International University
• There are students from 64 countries
• 50% of the students have scholarships
• 70% of the students live on campus
• There are 30 different student clubs
• While CIU had 3,545 students in 2006, the number rose to 7,948 in 2014.
• Over five year period, the number of students has risen by 97.47%

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLS CALL: 08064934353 BB: 24EA4865

Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by Muzikluva(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2016
GLOBALINF:
BENEFITS FOR STUDYING IN CYPRUS

• No need of external exams such as SAT, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
• Affordable tuition fee (part payment is accepted)
• Free Transportation around the city for students 24/7
• Job Opportunity for student with work permits
• Affordable Accommodation for Students
• Discount card for students to purchase goods at a very cheap rates
• Scholarship Opportunity for outstanding students
• Cyprus is a crime-free country
• Free internet facility is available in almost everywhere (inside buses, parks, relaxation gardens, public buildings, supermarkets, schools, hospitals etc)

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

• O-Level Results
• Transcript or Statement of Result.
• International Passport
• Birth Certificate
• Application forms
• University Degree Certificate/Transcripts. (Masters Only).

WHY NORTH CYPRUS

North Cyprus offers; favourable, extraordinary, enjoyable, mystic, spiritual and peaceful environment for you any season of the year. Cyprus, third biggest island of the Mediterranean is always desired in every period of history for strategic, political, commercial and religious reasons, and does not lose its charm at any time...

North Cyprus location is at the crossroads of Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa. Closest neighbouring locations are Turkey, South Cyprus, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, Israel and Syria. Its coasts are approximately 396 km long with a unique blend of beaches, plains and mountains. Moreover, with its historical past and location, Northern Cyprus is in many ways a surprising synthesis between eastern and western cultures; and with its rich multicultural heritage, in every part of the country you will find ancient monuments and sites that belongs to more than 11 thousand years of civilization and history makes the country exceptionally beautiful.

North Cyprus Universities offer affordable tuition and fees as well as accommodation charges, whilst North Cyprus offers moderate living expenses. Estimated average living expenses for international students are 100-250 USD per month.

Food and drinks bought from shops instead of eating out in restaurants can significantly be cheaper. An individual gets to spend less than 50 USD every week for grocery items and beverages. All other shopping items as well as services are also very affordable in North Cyprus. Just to give you a broad idea, a haircut costs around 3 USD for men and 10 USD for women; a can of coke costs less than 1 USD and a Burger King meal
costs around 5 USD. All in all, North Cyprus offer very affordable living conditions for students and this is among the top reasons why Cyprus is fast becoming a student hub for students from many different countries and cultures.

DO YOU KNOW THOSE FACTS?
• A Breakdown of student members in Cyprus International University
• There are students from 64 countries
• 50% of the students have scholarships
• 70% of the students live on campus
• There are 30 different student clubs
• While CIU had 3,545 students in 2006, the number rose to 7,948 in 2014.
• Over five year period, the number of students has risen by 97.47%

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLS CALL: 08064934353 BB: 24EA4865

I need mord info on this please
Re: Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result by g8662: 3:33pm On May 24, 2016
Unlike most African and especially Nigeria universities, universities in Europe do not consider only your academic performance.
They look at you as a person and the potentials that you have.
They look at your passion, your dreams and ambitions.

And so to answer your question, the answer is yes.

You should apply now for free, for admission and scholarships. Time is running out; the earlies you apply, the better for you.

http://cyprusuni.com/how-to-apply-for-admission-scholarships-for-international-students-and-cyprusuni-affiliate-program/

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Cancels 2014 Results Of Candidates / Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State / 7 Types Of Classmates We Had In Primary School (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.