Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati (2162 Views)

Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign / Pat Utomi Says Oba Akiolu Was Joking When He Made That Statement / I Have Told My People That Unless They Give Me N100 Each,i Won't Run - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by hardywaltz(m): 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Contrary to claims made by Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu.
President Jonathan never
promised to only serve one term in office. This is
according to presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati. The Niger state governor had earlier in an interview asked President Jonathan to keep a
promise that he, the
president, purportedly
made to the Northern PDP Governors in 2011.
Namely that he, GEJ, in
return for the governors’
support, would not run for office again in 2015.
Clearing the controversy,
Abati took the
unprecedented step of
revealing what actually
transpired during the
secret meeting in which his boss was meant to have made the unconstitutional agreement.
According to Abati, the PDP Governors did indeed ask Mr President whether or not he would run again for President in
2015, and the President, in
his characteristic humorous
nature, assumed that the
Governors were joking
with him because any sane
Governor wouldn’t
normally be asking such a
stupid question in the first
place. In his reply to what
he rightfully believed was
a joke, the President
jokingly answered the
Governors saying “One
term is
enough to make it!”
But the Governors,
according to Abati, took
him seriously and inferred
from his return of jest that
he had acquiesced to their
illegal and immoral
demand for him to
unconstitutiona lly
disqualify himself from
running for the office of
President of Nigeria on a
future date.
Concerning 2015, Abati
noted that “The focus
should be on the best
man for the job; not the
man who promised not to
do the job." -NAN

1 Like

Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Tolexander: 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Abati took the
unprecedented step of
revealing what actually
transpired during the
secret meeting in which his
boss was meant to have made
the unconstitutional
agreement
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
The northern govs supporting gej now are only decieving him cos when the time is ripe its the sultan's tribal voice they'll heed and not that of someone considered a minor.

Gej fans, face reality.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Maxymilliano(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
hardywaltz:
Concerning 2015, Abati noted that “The focus should be on the best man for the job; not the man who promised not to
do the job." -NAN

Touché!
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by wirinet(m): 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
hardywaltz: Contrary to claims made by Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu.
President Jonathan never
promised to only serve one term in office. This is
according to presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati. The Niger state governor had earlier in an interview asked President Jonathan to keep a
promise that he, the
president, purportedly
made to the Northern PDP Governors in 2011.
Namely that he, GEJ, in
return for the governors’
support, would not run for office again in 2015.
Clearing the controversy,
Abati took the
unprecedented step of
revealing what actually
transpired during the
secret meeting in which his boss was meant to have made the unconstitutional agreement.
According to Abati, the PDP Governors did indeed ask Mr President whether or not he would run again for President in
2015, and the President, in
his characteristic humorous
nature, assumed that the
Governors were joking
with him because any sane
Governor wouldn’t
normally be asking such a
stupid question in the first
place. In his reply to what
he rightfully believed was
a joke, the President
jokingly answered the
Governors saying “One
term is
enough to make it!”
But the Governors,
according to Abati, took
him seriously and inferred
from his return of jest that
he had acquiesced to their
illegal and immoral
demand for him to
unconstitutiona lly
disqualify himself from
running for the office of
President of Nigeria on a
future date.
Concerning 2015, Abati
noted that “The focus
should be on the best
man for the job; not the
man who promised not to
do the job." -NAN

Abati has lost it, he must think that the 160million nigerians are illiterates. What is unconstitutional about a decision of a person to serve one term? If so mandella should be tried for breaking the law by serving 1 term.
There is nothing stupid or illegal about a promise or decision to run for an office for one term only, it is only that such agreements have no legal backing.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by cKaiser: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
No wahala

Retardeen Jonathan would jokingly go back to his otueke fishing village to resume kai-kai drinking with Asari and Tompolo by May 29 2015

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by malele(m): 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Segeggs: The northern govs supporting gej now are only decieving him cos when the time is ripe its the sultan's tribal voice they'll heed and not that of someone considered a minor.

Gej fans, face reality.

They and there sultan are goats

1 Like

Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by malele(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
wirinet:

Abati has lost it, he must think that the 160million nigerians are illiterates. What is unconstitutional about a decision of a person to serve one term? If so mandella should be tried for breaking the law by serving 1 term.
There is nothing stupid or illegal about a promise or decision to run for an office for one term only, it is only that such agreements have no legal backing.

Guy close ur mouth, fashola said its only failures that go for 2 terms. That he has never repeated class and will only go for one term. What later happened.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by omoalaro: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
GEJ was also joking when he said that he would not contest in 2015.

“Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour. But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”

Jonathan said this while interacting with Nigerians mainly diplomats working in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa.

While fielding questions from those present at the interactive session on whether Nigerians abroad will vote, Jonathan said: “I would have loved that the Nigerians in Diaspora vote this year but to be frank with you, that is going to be difficult now. Presently, the law does not allow the voting outside Nigeria and so this year Nigerians in Diaspora will not vote but I will work towards it by 2015 even though I will not be running for election.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

He was also joking when OBJ said he will do only one term and GEJ was by his side keeping silent.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by petrov10: 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
cKaiser: No wahala

Retardeen Jonathan would jokingly go back to his otueke fishing village to resume kai-kai drinking with Asari and Tompolo by May 29 2015
keep dreaming grin
cKaiser: No wahala

keep dreaming
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by wirinet(m): 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
malele:

Guy close ur mouth, fashola said its only failures that go for 2 terms. That he has never repeated class and will only go for one term. What later happened.

your IQ must be sub zero. How is what you wrote there related to my post? I said Abati's use of the terms i highlighted is wrong. I never questioned the right of GEJ to run for second term.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by sunstyle(m): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
who is Abati decieving? Is he decieving his boss or decieving himself hmmmm wonder shall never end ooo. If mr president did not knw his field is better for Abati to quickly tell him dat there is always vacancy in an entertainment industry where nobody will oppose his talent as a comendian. Make una tell basketmouth and others 2 be ready 2 fully welcome mr president by 2015.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by eagleeye2: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
malele:

They and there sultan are goats
That statement was uncalled for.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by PapaBrowne(m): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
But seriously, since Jonathan's enemies believe he doesn't deserve a second term, shouldn't they be happy if he contests since that should automatically give them the opportunity to boot him out of office with their votes. But no, they know they are not in the majority so they want to force him out before elections since in a free and fair election, he would trounce any of the current contenders.

Imagine West Brom or Hull City or some near relegation club claiming to be a much stronger team than say Chelsea or Manchester United and yet telling those teams not to play in a forth coming match so they can claim 3 points without a fight. If you are stronger as you claim, you should happily go to the pitch with your opponent.

Or Imagine PDP telling Amosun not to contest the next elections since they believe he isn't performing. Why not go and meet him in the polls.

Its just pathetic how much cowardice these nitwits express. How can you tell a full grown man not to exercise his inalienable constitutional rights. Absolutely pathetic. Do they not realize they offend the sensibilities of 22 million Nigerians that voted him when they make all this noise.

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
I thought Basketmouth was a great comedian but MEHN Abati is Better.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Kingspin(m): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
Moderator pls ban is second hand fellow forever because he just mislead NLers by using Abati's name in vain.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by ssii: 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Same way he was joking about all his electioneering promises. No wonder he has not be able to keep his promises. This whole govt Is a big joke grin
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by 3ace(m): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
I don't really have anything against GEJ for changing his mind but for Abati to come up with such claim in GEJ's defense is preposterous and ridiculous. Does he think he's talking to kindergarten kids? His silence so far on this issue made me feel he was going to submit a sensible defense but with this, I'm disappointed.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
This country is guided by constitution NOT morality.

GEJ is constitutionally qualified to run for second term. Why did the Niger State silly Governor have to ask GEJ the silly question in the first place ? Oh I guess, he was one of the cabals who wanted to overthrow the constitution so that the North can stay in power as their birthright.

It was great that GEJ gave a silly response to a silly question that was asked at a silly time in Nigeria's history.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by gtrust: 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
2019 is around the corner!
Please, leave GEJ alone to complete his work.

They wanted GEJ not to be sworn in as Preisdent when his Oga YarA'Dua died in office.
They wanted to bring in a muslim as president and GEJ will remain Vice but...

Now, they want to ask him NOT to contest and let one of 'them' replace him and again that will NOT work.

Maybe Sambo will be the biggest winner in all these as in 2019 everybody will support him.
All these governors who have served 2 terms will not smell presidency (forget Atiku)

SAI SAMBO 2019!

I know the Igbos are looking for their turn but they have to wait until after SAI SAMBO finishes his 2 terms from 2019.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Billyonaire: This country is guided by constitution NOT morality.

GEJ is constitutionally qualified to run for second term. Why did the Niger State silly Governor have to ask GEJ the silly question in the first place ? Oh I guess, he was one of the cabals who wanted to overthrow the constitution so that the North can stay in power as their birthright.

It was great that GEJ gave a silly response to a silly question that was asked at a silly time in Nigeria's history.

Can you just stop saying rubbish!! GEJ has a right to contest and we are not denying that, so we are looking forward to sending him back to Otueke in 2015. As you said, we are guided by the constitution and not morality but we all know that GEJ lied in 2011. He lied and he is a liar and we will send him back home in 2015. I actually want him to contest and lose! Please don't suggest he was joking, that is just lame!
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
Kamanda: I thought Basketmouth was a great comedian but MEHN Abati is Better.

abati holds no torch near FFK. the greatest clown ever liveth
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Pataki: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
What do you lot expect from a kindergarten president? The doofus of a president is busy joking and lying here and there.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nashville:

Can you just stop saying rubbish!! GEJ has a right to contest and we are not denying that, so we are looking forward to sending him back to Otueke in 2015. As you said, we are guided by the constitution and not morality but we all know that GEJ lied in 2011. He lied and he is a liar and we will send him back home in 2015. I actually want him to contest and lose! Please don't suggest he was joking, that is just lame!

bro all sentiments aside GEJ actually won that election in 2011. he was voted for in the whole south except osun and even some states in middle belt voted for him.

i am not an avid GEJ supporter but in the absence of a better contestant he should just continue

1 Like

Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by musaajebor(m): 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
Heheheheheheh.veryvery funny.++farts unknowingly++
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Danhumprey: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
If he want us to believe that it was a joke,then it's obvious that all the promises GEJ made in 2010 were just some jokes.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by Mogten(m): 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
Clowns!
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by baddestboylagos(f): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
If GEJ wants to contest, let him abeg. It is the electorate that will decide...that is if we are all vigilante and don't allow anybody to rig the election. Shinaka joke or no joke.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by awodman: 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: But seriously, since Jonathan's enemies believe he doesn't deserve a second term, shouldn't they be happy if he contests since that should automatically give them the opportunity to boot him out of office with their votes. But no, they know they are not in the majority so they want to force him out before elections since in a free and fair election, he would trounce any of the current contenders.

Imagine West Brom or Hull City or some near relegation club claiming to be a much stronger team than say Chelsea or Manchester United and yet telling those teams not to play in a forth coming match so they can claim 3 points without a fight. If you are stronger as you claim, you should happily go to the pitch with your opponent.

Or Imagine PDP telling Amosun not to contest the next elections since they believe he isn't performing. Why not go and meet him in the polls.

Its just pathetic how much cowardice these nitwits express. How can you tell a full grown man not to exercise his inalienable constitutional rights. Absolutely pathetic. Do they not realize they offend the sensibilities of 22 million Nigerians that voted him when they make all this noise.
Xactly my thoughts...I once asked Gbawe that same question on this forum..if u really think the guy is a nonentity,then you should be happy he is contesting cos that will be a smooth ride for your party..but like usual he responded with loads of insults
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by tayooluwole: 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
lol....he was joking cos he was actin film dt very moment or he could read unseriousness frm d body language of d people holding d meetin wth him??
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by truth4meal(m): 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
GEJ was joking when he said he will go for only one term abi?...the question I want to ask is if in that meeting we have ali baba, julius agwu and basketmouth thr? Well since the president was joking then we can now see how funny his losing will be - at least we are all joking.
Re: GEJ Was Only Joking When He Said He Won't Run In 2015 - Abati by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Abati + jonathan = fools at puberty! grin grin

Na who he dey use joke?
Us?

Ur fada! Both of u!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi Is A Beneficiary Of The ‘missing’ $5 Billion ECA Fund-fg / Gov. Rotimi Amaechi Is A Lair, Okonjo Iweala Says / ★Top Ten Reasons To Vote Out GEJ!★

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.