Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau (6593 Views)

UPDATE: Four Killed In Yola Explosion — NEMA / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri / KOGI UNDER SIEGE: Four Killed In Fresh Attack On Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 10, 2013
About four persons were Monday confirmed killed during an attack on two villages in Langtang South Local Council Area of Plateau State by gunmen suspected to be hired mercenaries.

The two villages attacked were Karkashi and Barrack and were completely razed to the ground by the attackers.

Confirming the sad incident to journalists in Jos the Plateau State capital yesterday, the chairman of Taroh community in Wase Local Council, Mr. Jungle Luhdut, said four people were killed while the two villages have been completely burnt with no house standing.

According to him, the attackers after carrying out their dastardly act bolted away through Taraba State, adding that the casualty figure was low because people have moved out when there was a rumour of the impending attacks.

In the same vein, another source which did not want his name in print told newsmen that the attackers stormed the two villages simultaneously with sophisticated weapons, shooting at random.

When contacted, Spokesman of the Special Task Force (STF), Captain Salisu Ibrahim Mustapha, said he will get across to the Sector Commander in Langtang South before commenting and as at the time of filing this report he had not responded to the inquiry.

Meanwhile, Kogi State Police Command has smashed a bank robbery gang who attacked and robbed a first generation bank in Abejukola, Omala Local Council Area of the state.

Also the police have rescued Ibrahim Audu, the kidnapped younger brother of the former governor of the state, Prince Abubakar Audu, who was abducted two weeks ago at his Alloma residence in Ofu Local Council Area of the state by yet-to-be unidentified gunmen.

State acting Commissioner of Police, Mr. Austin Evbakhavbokun, who disclosed this while briefing newsmen on the activities of the state command yesterday, explained that the police are already on the trail of the kidnappers.

The police boss said that operatives of the command received information that unknown gunmen have attacked and robbed the bank carting away an undisclosed amount of money from the bank main vault and ATM machines which also led to the death of one customer, Emmanuel Bako.

This, he said, made his men to commence investigation which led to the arrest of one Bala Umar of Olofu area of Ugwolawo in Ofu Local Council area of the state, who confessed to have conspired with two men namely Zekeri and Ahmed to carry out the robbery operation.

According to the police boss, “during interrogation he confessed to have hired his blue Volkswagen station wagon Golf car with registration number XW 343 EPE which they use for the operation and after the operation he was given the sum of N200, 000 as his own share of the loot”.

Evbakhavbokun, however, added that investigation is still in progress to arrest the two fleeing suspects, stressing that items recovered from the scene of the robbery incident are 18 empty shells of AK47 ammunition, one locally made Improvised Explosive device, one magazine with six AK47 live ammunition and one blue Volkswagen station wagon Golf car.

In a chat with newsmen, the suspected bank robber, Bala Umar denied taking part in the bank robbery operation, saying that, “my friend which is Ahmed came to me that I should borrow him my car that he want to use it and I gave him the car after he came from his trip he gave me the sum of N200, 000, I am just begging the police to treat me fine. I am a driver. I will help them to locate Ahmed which is currently on the run but I want to inform the whole world that I did not know the other person because I do not participate in the operation.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/132351-four-killed-by-gunmen-in-plateau
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 10, 2013
My God!!
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by 247notire(m): 7:11am On Sep 10, 2013
Jos nd Violence. Jesus pls cm quick b4 they kill one another finish
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Ina2k(m): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Ina2k: lipsrsealed
Lagboski Inana!!! grin
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Ina2k(m): 7:37am On Sep 10, 2013
Maxwel do I knw u?wink
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 10, 2013
Yup, very much grin
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by LMAyedun(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2013
When will peace return to plateau State? God have mercy. RIP to the dead.

Hope price Abubakar Audu paid some ransom sha.. Cuz that guy stole enough in Kogi during his days as the Governor. Boyz are hungry, some of those stolen funds needed.
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by ritababe(f): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2013
I think i should join the people saying end time things, because this is too much oh.
Everywhere war. Whats really going on in this planet?
I need immediate explanation now.
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by onyeguy: 10:26am On Sep 10, 2013
Okay number 8 to comment grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 10, 2013
Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheesy wink smiley cool
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2013
Quite disheartening
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2013
cry
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by mastermynd(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2013
keke drop me here,,,,,,,

u pple knw dat

There are some TYM dat TINS will be ENDING.....

U get,,

1 Like

Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Lateef9961(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2013
adebayor1490: Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheesy wink smiley cool
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2013
Plateau, home of peace & tourism now turned to home of constant war since 2001.
Last Bullet:
Shebi dem talk say Langtang women dey like fight naked. That's the thick zobo I was fed during my visit to that place.
RIP to the dead!
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Blackboss: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2013
na waooo. when will good news be the order of the day in naija?
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by ayusco85(m): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2013
Once u see plateau state in any news headline, its always about killings and crisis. When will this change? I schl in unijos, and its by the grace of God that we are alive. Pls pray for plateau state against agents of destruction.
#we want peace on the plateau
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by hod898(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2013
They fled through Taraba state? How? That's why I said that most of those military checkpoints are useless! Just give them some money if you are intercepted and you are free to go--no searching.

Boko Haram still exists--killing shekau is an improvement but'll definitely not stop the insurgency; tracing them to their main sources(the Alhajis and politicians) will. RIP to the dead. Only God will purnish these people.
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Albert0011(m): 10:49am On Sep 10, 2013
Chaos in jos...only God wil deliver dem.
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by olusola200: 10:49am On Sep 10, 2013
I hope our NPC is takem mot
So what is our poupulation now?
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by hod898(m): 10:50am On Sep 10, 2013
These people are just jealous that Christians have the light of life. That we are not doomed.

1 Like

Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by fitzmayowa: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2013
When would the blood shed end...naija na wa ooo
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Krisddon: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2013
Dat's bad... D Jos i knw nw is nt d Jos i knew den. Jos used 2 b cool & calm & was also used as an example interms of its friendly weather. I loved Jos haven produced d likes of MI, Mikel, P-square, Ice prince and Kelvin pam. May God redeem d inhabitants of dat city in Jesus name! Hit like if u wish Jos peaceful lyf once again.

4 Likes

Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by hod898(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2013
These people are just jealous that Christians have the light of life. That we are not doomed. The devil is just using them like his handtools-- modern day Pharisees!
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by jericco1(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2013
Niggaz killin for pennies
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by MamaKs: 11:00am On Sep 10, 2013
killing is now a tradition in nigeria. RIP
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by hod898(m): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2013
Arise! O Lord let your enemies be scattered
O Lord! My God! Arise!

*IN NORTH NIGERIA*

O Lord! My God! Arise!

*AGAINST BOKO HARAM AND SPONSORS*

O Lord! My God! Arise!

Boko Haram and sponsors will be in for it!

2 Likes

Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by nerodenero: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2013
State acting Commissioner of Police, Mr. Austin Evbakhavbokun
This name long o, the thing plenty die. How can one pronounce this one without biting one's tongue?
Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Madawaki01(m): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Super Eagles players are
absconding
Robbers are collecting
ASUU is striking
Students are gadjing
Househelps are suffering
Fashion is evolving
Oyedepo is opening
Huawei is launching
Adichie is premiering
Asari is threatning
OBJ is shunning
FFK is begging
Bianca is rejecting
Goodluck is working
Haters are beefing
PDP is splitting
Oshiomole is addressing
Nairobi Governor is slapping
Youths are stabbing
Kenya is offering
PDP Governors are relocating
Anambra NLC is fasting
Bornu is demolishing
TV presenters are wearing
Ex-Militants are declaring
Sen. Saraki is whinning
Asari is thinking
Native doctor is admitting
Lai Mohammed is condemning
Ngozi Ezeonu is slimming
Eedris Abdulkareem is insulting
Adventist Church is appealing
Nigerians are migrating
Bode George is supporting
Jos Airport is building
Oyedepo is slapping
FFK is lying
GEJ is commissioning
Rita Dominic is speaking
Principals are dying
Bankers are dressing
Genevieve is travelling
Police is sealing
Cars are melting
Pope is travelling
Crocodiles are biting
Low cost airlines are coming
Suntai is sacking
Ogbahiagbon is speaking
Funke Akindele is launching
Osun pdp is suspending
Gunmen are killing
Dvd sellers are buying
Nairaland ads are scarc[ing]
Pdp is condemning
Vector is proposing
Immigration is recruiting
Mukina is banning

ALL THIS ARE SIGNS OF
.END TIME

*running away,mukina must nt catch me again*

3 Likes

Re: Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau by Goahead(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2013
nerodenero: This name long o, the thing plenty die. How can one pronounce this one without biting one's tongue?
Serious minded ppl are taking about the deceased....and u re here talking about name, u better go back to nursery school, R.I.P

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Aso Rock Is Boiling At The Moment!! / Facts About The IGP - Transmission Confusion / Buhari,Atiku Not Educated Enough To Rule Nigeria,Says Olawepo-Hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.