Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation (13751 Views)

Tinubu Celebrates With People At His Residence Over Apc’s Big Win (photos) / It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan / 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Amaechi blasts Tukur over APC sponsorship allegation

Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, yesterday, took up issues with the embattled National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhanji Bamanga Tukur, for accusing him of sponsoring All Progressives Congress, APC.

The governor, who spoke through his Information and Communications Commissioner, Ibim Semenitari, said it was unbecoming of Tukur to make such a wild allegation that was not backed by any thread of evidence.

A statement by the Commissioner read: “The attention of Rivers State Government has been drawn to comments credited to Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, alleging that Governor Rotimi Amaechi is sponsoring All Progressives Congress, APC.

“The Government of Rivers State finds this statement rather unfortunate and incongruous coming from the same person who, only in February, roundly commended Governor Amaechi, describing him as one of the brightest lights of Peoples’ Democratic Party and one of the country’s best performing governors.

“We are certain that Governor Amaechi is still a member of Peoples’ Democratic Party and has remained so despite the shenanigans of unscrupulous persons and the humiliation meted out to his person and office by the party leadership.

[b]“Perhaps we should remind Alhaji Tukur of his own words uttered after two days of exhaustive inspection of the projects undertaken by Amaechi’s administration.

“Tukur had declared, after the visit, that ‘God has given us land, water and people.

‘If you take our people and give them education, a secured environment and sustainability, so that things can keep revolving and evolving, making it a continuous process, that state or nation becomes a developed nation.

‘Without mincing words, since Friday, when I arrived Port Harcourt at noon, I have been inspecting one project or the other till this morning (Saturday). It is very difficult to praise your son because he (Amaechi) is the best for me.’

“Also speaking at a dinner party held in his honour, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur declared that the ‘PDP will never lose to any party if transformational leaders like Governor Amaechi remain behind the party.

“He said ‘Believe me, PDP will never lose to any party, if people like Governor Amaechi stand boldly behind us. We will win and continue to win in any election… support your governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amae-chi; support our party, then be sure to win your elections’.

[/b]
“We are happy to remind Alhaji Tukur that his comments only reiterated what other party leaders like President Goodluck Jonathan and Chief Tony Anenih have said about Governor Amaechi and his judicious use of the people’s resources.

“Governor Amaechi’s commitment to Rivers people is unambiguous and unwavering.”

Source

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by takedat(m): 8:35am On Sep 10, 2013
Bamanga Tukur is mentally senile. Its one of the disadvantages of keeping gerontocrats in the corridors of power.cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 10, 2013
take dat: Bamanga Tukur is senile cheesy

You'd have to be a bed ridden, geriatric politician in Nigeria before your senility can ever be called into question.
As long as you are "breathing fire"; "storming conventions"; and/or "issuing directives from palatial mansions" all is generally considered well grin

Ruling party elders:
Anenih - 80
Clarke - 85
Tukur - 78
Obasanjo - 76
Babangida - 72

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by figment232(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2013
No he is not

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2013
“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.” ― John Lennon

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 10, 2013
in politics there's no permanent friend!!
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by 1shortblackboy: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2013
blast mean wetin na oya make una dey blast unaselves.....old men wink
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by kizito047(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2013
Who get nokia pin mouth charger
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by kizito047(m): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2013
End time tinz
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Pls no one should type "fresh air till 2019". I always feel like knacking my head against the wall when u do.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by colombiana: 9:32am On Sep 10, 2013
Yungwizzzy: in politics there's no permanent friend!!
if dem like make dem get permanent lovers. To me this old goats are foooling themselfs make dem dey there tompolo go soon dey fly imm jet with nuclear weapons to take over. Old men nor knw wen to retire, na death go retire them soon. Militant dey buy private jet before the so called 2015 elections. I laff at this ple in calabar, especially the apc ranger wen wan win 2015
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by rallymento(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2013
This is it
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2013
I would just like to point out that the SE voted for Yar'Adua, OBJ, and GEJ over Ojukwu from 1999- till date.

Yes - Ojukwu ran for office all those times before he passed.

Now the SE is celebrating GEJ while their brightest light, their very own Tinubu, is being harassed and attacked. I leave you with the 2007 election count.

That "DIM Chukwuem" is Ojukwu. He only recieved 155,974 votes in total.

Yar'Adua earned over 24.8 million votes total and won over 98% in the SE. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ride on Amaechi! Bring your people to the promised land by fire or force. "Any government in power" syndrome in the SE must be defeated. grin

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2013
SB,BRB.Am back,in as much as am concerned,Tukur seems incorrigible and Amaechi everyone knows doesn't give a damn about Tukur and his paid master, GEJ.Many things are yet to come as we keep on watching.
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by alaoeri: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2013
That's understatement.
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by eagleeye2: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2013
A party without an ideology = PDP
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Omen100(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2013
Okay, let me finish my today's official task first, I will have time for pdp later in the day.
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Cmoyor: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2013
Politics in naija there is no permanent friends
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by obailala(m): 9:37am On Sep 10, 2013
shymexx: “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.” ― John Lennon
No wonder [s]another maniac (in his own way) in [/s]the person of Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon retorted that he was maniacally bewildered at PDP's scientific breakthrough in which 16 was greater than 19 and 5 greater than 27. Nothing is impossible in PDP grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Tunjasko(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2013
If a governor can blast the national chairman of his party who z old enugh to be his father..It z as a result of END TIMES 4 pdp...
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Iykopee(m): 9:43am On Sep 10, 2013
Ok tompolo bought a fighter jet in anticipation of 2015.. Geez! He might be hoping to drop some bombs on APC's general ambition like we are in d middle east.. Amaechi becareful and runaway from PDP now!
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Mayany(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2013
Tukur said Ameachi was one of his brightest son but that was before he became a prodigal son he also said he is always welcome back home when he is back to his senses fullstop......
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by adeokunade: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2013
PDP bunch of confused Old people and incompetent young ones. When you mention Tony Anenih, OBJ, Tukur, Clark and the likes, pls what have achieved when they either close or more than 80yrs and you want them to still continue to dictate where this country is heading. Pls, we can say no it is not possible
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by peruso: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2013
Mheeeeen

Tukur's words will really come back to hunt him
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by lif2uz(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2013
In politics they only dance to your tune when you sing their songs. No permanent friend as somebody rightly said.
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by cyril10(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2013
Amaechi is not different from them, he is a thug. There are bad roads every where in Rivers, he should attend to them first. Building schools is good but no good roads to walk to those schools children fall into mud water on their way to school. Amaechi has not done anything reasonable in his second tenure in office as the governor of Rivers, sentiments apart.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by gen2briz(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2013
kizito047: Who get nokia pin mouth charger

follow come abi fake
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by mermaidkingdom: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2013
I think bamanga is right
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2013
Amaechi should prove that he is not the sponsor of APC
Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by homesteady(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You'd have to be a bed ridden, geriatric politician in Nigeria before your senility can ever be called into question.
As long as you are "breathing fire"; "storming conventions"; and/or "issuing directives from palatial mansions" all is generally considered well grin

Ruling party elders:
Anenih - 80
Clarke - 85
Tukur - 78
Obasanjo - 76
Babangida - 72

Are Buhari, lai Mohammed, akande not in the same age grade??

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2013
eagle,eye:
A party without an ideology = PDP

PARTY DON PARFUKA = PDP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists / Tinubu Lists FG Owned Assests In Lagos As First Round Compensation / Umahi Vows Never To Castigate Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.