Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back (56138 Views)

The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State / Ten Ways That Show That Your Prophet Or Prophetess Is Fake / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Omooba77: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor William Kumuyi, General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry has disowned the controversial videos of a ‘prophetess’ and others who claimed to have died, gone to heaven and came back to narrate their extra-terrestrial experience.

In the controversial videos being sold all over Nigeria, two women and a boy claimed they died, went to heaven and came back to narrate what they said God showed them.

One of such CDs is that of a Sierra Leonean woman, simply called Sister Linda Ngaujah. Linda said she died and was shown happenings in heaven and hell and that many of the members of a large church on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway are on their way to hell and that the founder of a leading church in Lagos should repent as he allegedly acquired his powers from the devil, saying that a Bishop of another large congregation and his members are not even recognised in heaven.

She added that women who used rubber and wool to plait their hair will go to hell as it is a sin and that the only way for people to be prepared for heaven is to go back to the old Deeper Life Bible Church’s method of dressing.

The video CDs released by Linda is causing serious controversy in the church of God as some women in Deeper Life, who plait rubber hair have vowed never to do so again as they want to get to heaven.

Some female worshippers have even shaved their hair in one Christian Assembly in Ikorodu, saying that they don’t want to have anything to do with attachment as they want to get to heaven.

Another person who claimed to have gone to heaven said she saw the late wife of Kumuyi, Biodun, in heaven and narrated her encounter there.

Other CDs were released by Margaret Amure from Church of God Mission, who also claimed to have gone to heaven and another 10-year old boy from Edo, named Samuel.

Reacting to this development on Sunday during the church service, Pastor Kumuyi warned members of his church not to have anything to do with such CDs as these are the last days where many people would come up with different things to deceive the church of God.

Kumuyi urged members of the church not to waste their money on such CDs, saying that the church should not rely on purported CDs of people who claimed to have gone to heaven to come back to produce CDs to sell to people narrating their encounter.

He referred to Linda’s CD which said people need to dress like Deeper Life to get to heaven, saying that “if you dress like Deeper Life without salvation and sanctification, will you get to heaven? These are the last days.”

The man of God emphasized that dressing like Deeper Life would not take anybody to heaven but that righteousness and holiness of heart are the keys to getting to the kingdom of God and warned members to desist from lwatching such CDs.

Kumuyi further said that one of the people who claimed to have gone to heaven said they saw Mummy Kumuyi in the kingdom of God, saying that he did not need such CD to know that his wife was in heaven and that the word of God has told us the criteria for getting to His kingdom.

According to him, such people were merely deceiving the people, saying that when Apostle Paul was translated to heaven and came back, he did not produce CDs about what he saw in heaven and began to sell them.

“When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, Lazarus did not go about telling people that this was what he saw in heaven. We should rest on the word of God to tell us what we need to know about heaven and how to get there. How do you know that they have actually gone to heaven? These are the last days. Don’t waste your money on buying these CDs,” he stated.
Culled from PM NEWS
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/09/controversial-video-pastor-kumuyi-disowns-prophetess/

43 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by ammyluv2002(f): 9:52am On Sep 10, 2013
I don hear........ but seriously why are we like this? We no get sense? Person go just wake up one morning decide to make CD claiming all manner of things and people dey buy? *SMH* even with all the bible we don read , all the preaching we don hear yet we dont know our right from left.....na wa o!

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by enigmagu1(m): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2013
ammyluv2002: I don hear........ but seriously why are we like this? We no get sense? Person go just wake up one morning decide to make CD claiming all manner of things and people dey buy? *SMH* even with all the bible we don read , all the preaching we don hear yet we dont know our right from left.....na wa o!

FIRST to comment cool grin

who tell say e go reach frnt page??
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by ammyluv2002(f): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2013
enigmagu1:

lol....let's wait and see

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2013
This is better.
If i were him, i would do the same.
The issue here is the Word of God states clearly what God expects from us; and how to get to heaven.
Most of these so called visions are engineered by the devil to make heaven sound like a reward for good works. It is not. We get saved by faith. Some are in this as a means of business because they know alot of people will buy this fake visions. We judge every vision by God's Word. Every vision that fails to meet the standard of the Word, we declare it false!
Some christians would buy all these cd's. And they form their lifestyle based on this rather than the word. Therefore, they have a confused idea of what God requires. God's total mind is in the Word. Any christian that is shaken by all these "visions" is still a babe in Christ. That we henceforth be no
more children, tossed to
and fro, and carried about
with every wind of
doctrine, by the sleight of
men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they
lie in wait to deceive; Ephesians 4:14

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Omooba77: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2013
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, the grace of God is sufficient, by grace are we saved it is not of any work, Ephesians 2:8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by anibi9674: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
D visionaries dint say anythin contrary 2 d word of GOD

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by SecretDreams(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
To be honest the revelations are getting too much most of them might be talking based on their own thoughts, not on what the Holy spirit revealed to them. The best thing is to focus on Jesus and place everything we hear or see with the Word of God, somethings won't be revealed or known until the day of Judgement.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by ujahboy(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hahah funny tins will never stop in this most religious country. Mteechw. No be only heaven. Rubbish...:
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by agrovick(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
Fp tins, na wa for all this christian fanatics o
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by hollandis(f): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
Kumuyi touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm.Remember the log in your own eyes :your son's wedding in jamaica.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by MamaKs: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
undecided. I don't know what or who to believe. This 'thing' about heaven and hell is turning into something else.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Greenslim: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
NO TRUE MAN OF GOD WILL ALLOW WHAT GOD COMMITTED INTO HIS HANDS TO GO INTO SHAMBLES
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Kelklein(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by badmeat(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
grin,that lady can lie!I listened to the CD,cud nt finish it becos of the crap she was spewing
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by J0nyb0y(m): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Davo93(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pastor W F Kumuyi has said nothing against the Bible and was just concious of the effect the said CD might have im Christendom. More annointing man of God!

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by zolajpower: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
That's is a gud 1 dady kumuyi.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Ashlyy20(f): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Me 2 i went 2 heaven nd i saw pastor i also went on a trip 2 hell ....mshewwww.lyk we care!

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by hisxlency: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
A lady living next to my street have just shut down her hair saloon shop because of these weavon prophecy, sum thing need to be done abt all these prophecies poop

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Pygru: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by iamswizz(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2013

26 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Amoshie(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
Business is good let the gullible ones keep believing all these trash.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Davo93(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
hollandis: Kumuyi touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm.Remember the log in your own eyes :your son's wedding in jamaica.
I believe you are not a Christian for saying this.

11 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Ralphlauren(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
The man of God emphasized that dressing like Deeper Life would not take anybody to heaven but [size=18pt] that righteousness and holiness of heart are the keys to getting to the kingdom of God [/size]
and warned members to desist from lwatching such CDs.

i love Pastor Kumuyi for this statement.

this is the message many Christains are missing....

18 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by gunners160(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
enigmagu1:

aahaahahaa d stori don enter fp oo dat ladi na prophetess she saw it cumin despite hw u take discourage ham she no give up.i hope nl go learn 4rm dis stuff wey happen dnt give up in life even if people tell u no hope u kant get dhr.tell them let's wait nd c
ammyluv2002: lol....let's wait and see
t dhr

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
Kumuyi himself sells CDs ,isn't he an hypocrite ?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by SamConquer(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
The reason why I love My Holy Bible,Is because everything is there for Me to know,the book of Revelation has say it all regarding this aspect,Greeting to You Daddy Kumuyi.....Proudly Christain Till Eternity

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by kabba7(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
If U̶̲̥̅̊ wabt to make hell fIre join the PDP LOOTING. Band wagon . Its free ticket.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by hollandis(f): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Davo93: I believe you are not a Christian for saying this.

what does Kumuyi mean "disowning" .Did he own her in the first place?

when the woman mentions "members of a large church" did she mean deeper life?

In short ,why I even dey answer this one sef "Go hug transformer jorrr"

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by fatgirl: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Symphony007: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
One day i was stuck in traffic so just decided to bring down my glasses to save fuel. What did i hear from the loudspeaker of a road side CD vendor......"and then jesus and i started flying to hell. When we reach there we saw pope john paul and micheal jackson. Inside fire. Their flesh was roasting and they were crying. Jesus was also crying. Telling them. I warned you".....at this point my disgust knew no bounds. Just raise back my glass and let the fuel go. Hunger can make folks do extraordinary things.

34 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Mocked For Claiming To Reach 5 Billion People Worldwide / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Give Your Dreams Positive Interpretations / Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.