Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,494 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason (11208 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Fynestboi: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2013
FB: BENIN— THE member representing Akoko-Edo federal constituency of Edo State in the House of Representatives, Mr. Peter Akpatason, weekend, accused the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, of being insensitive to the plight of Nigerian students, saying that “she has been blackmailing Nigerians that government does not have the money to meet its agreement with Academic State Union of Universities, ASUU.”

The lawmaker, a former President of the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, said it was irresponsible on the part of the Federal Government to renege on its agreement with ASUU, describing as regrettable, the seeming insensitivity exhibited by government since the commencement of the ASUU strike.

He spoke in Benin City, shortly after the inauguration of Uneme National Development Association’s N100 million Education fund for Uneme communities. According to him, “It is very disheartening that up till now, ASUU is still on strike but unfortunately, I am not in a position to blame ASUU because I was still fully in Labour when this agreement was negotiated between ASUU and government.

“So, it is irresponsible of anybody to enter into an agreement and then renege. It is totally unacceptable and that is the issue. It is unfortunate that a party has gone into an agreement and today, it is is saying that it has no resources to fund what it signed. Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is known for coming up with statements about inadequacy of funds but yet the entire revenue gates in the country are performing above estimation; customs, oil and gas industry, immigration, they are all doing well beyond what was anticipated, yet Okonjo- Iweala keeps deceiving Nigerians and the whole world that Nigeria does not have money. What are they doing with all our money?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/okonjo-iweala-blackmailing-nigerians-on-ASUU-strike-akpatason/

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by salex66(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2013
God will help us in this country.I don't know why our government is so insensitive to education sector.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
"What are they doing with all our money?"
I think she's saving it for 2015 election and hope she's due for her own jet.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by effisyman: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
Who is sensitive?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by momodub: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by braine(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
They don't care about anyone.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by anthoniosp(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2013
seun no worry..#in praiz voice # my guy wen ur guy hammer i go buy u private jet.. lalalalala i go buy buggati.... thanks...#in priaon for saying off point#
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Sunnystooth(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2013
i dont care...
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by lacasa: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
She's lost all integrity she had during Obj's tenure.

She's only acting out a World Bank script to keep Nigeria 'under-developed'.

Plus, with the im.becile-in-chief at the helm, it's way too easy for her

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Ichie11(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
tell her o! maybe she don forget say na Nija she dey. anyway end time tins grin
before I forget hahahahahah front page things nonii grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Osama10(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
Why would she be bothered when all her kids are harvard graduates to be?

No hope for poor man in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by russianmob27: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
All her pikin dey Harvard university, wetin concern her with ASUU, time end thingz, time thingz end, o boy i don forget wetin all of una dey usually talk thingz end time, abeg where dem dey sell ewa goyin for here i wan mess wan beta mess angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by SirCee: 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
How can she be sensetive when they are paying her in Dollars and
her children are schooling in the best universities in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by queenataba(f): 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
She has nothing to loose harvard is not on strike

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by safarigirl(f): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Her kids are Harvard graduates, she's a Harvard graduate with no idea what it's like to be a student in Nigeria, why should she care? One can only be sensitive to a personal experience (even Jonah wey be lecturer before no send talk less Iweala). Please naija students, in your next life, pray to go to a family wealthy enough to send you to a foreign or at least private school.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by gbanikiti(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Thank God she never became World Bank president. I don't blame her anyway! Afterall, her kids are not in any Nigerian University.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
why should she be when she doesn't have any of her children studying in Nigeria? undecided

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by dridowu: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
Y would she care about 9ja students, since all her children are in Harvard . She does not at all, Gej does not care , Maku does not care, Mark does not care, Sambo does not care, Fash does not care, Bisi Akande does not care, Tukur does not care, Obi does not care, lamido does not care, Rotimi does not care Mimiko does not care, Etc they all care about their POCKET only. Selfish People

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by XVIER(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
let us forget about oil money what about d money realised from PHCN? keep deceiving yourself IDIO.T. who is this MAN gan??
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
That true..she is truely insensitive..wat do u aspect..her 3 kids are all havard graduate....

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by timoney(m): 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
"Okonjo waala" is a very big problem in Nigeria. She herself no too go school for 9ja here... so no fit understand d plight of students on strike.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Goddex: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
If I were President, I would fund infrastructure of our University very well but will not release a kobo for those greedy and dubious lecturers. They don't deserve any additional pay

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
timoney: "Okonjo waala" is a very big problem in Nigeria. She herself no too go school for 9ja here... so no fit understand d plight of students on strike.
U think so?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
While Badluck Udele Jonathan is sensitive to to the plight of Nigerians with the likes of Militants buying Private sorties abi?!!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by pesty100(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
Goddex: If I were President, I would fund infrastructure of our University very well but will not release a kobo for those greedy and dubious lecturers. They don't deserve any additional pay
so what you are saying I a worker doesn't deserve to be paid
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Olastep1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
I don hear!!!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by ortopazz(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
With those fat cheeks, she go de vomit no money things after she go sAy she was misquOTed....i dnt blame her.. When U have a man who claims To have been a former lecturer being clueless been about a situation that, should nt av been a problem, in the first place, and he calls himself the president then you know where to check

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by slimfit1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
I don't like the woman but when a job needs to be done basic rules need to be followed. The blame should be on elected officials not appointed official.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
ASSU is just an as$ h0le.

Government have demostrated good faith in the negotiation by puting N130 billions on the table, why not return the good gestures back by showing some patrotism?

And please if you want senators salary, resign and contest. If you think you are better in formulating government policies, resign and join politics.

But the bottom line is even this: Nigerian lecturers are more corrupt than the politicians they are trying to paint black.

Who among them doesnt sell ''Copy and paste'' hand outs?

how many of them doesnt give out marks to female students for a night out?

how many of them even got the job on merit?

How many of them can defend their qualifications?

How many times to they report for their duties?

How many researches have they conducted?

What is the quality of their products?

Abeg, Leave mata for mathias.

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNN Cancels Post Utme Exams! / Is There Any Professor In English Language Apart From Wole Soyinka In Nigeria / Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.