Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,900 members, 7,806,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit (1499 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines / Where Were You 500 Years Ago ?? / PHOTO: 15-yr-old Girl 'la Doncella' Frozen For 500 Years As A Sacrifice Ritual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by mko2005: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
[img][/img]
The Olu of Warri, Atuwatse II, has said he his giving the land where he rules to God and putting a stop to Idol worship.
Henceforth, I submit and present the title ‘Ogiame’ to God, the creator, who made the sea and rules over all. Therefore, no Olu or person may bear the title or name that now belongs0 to God. I nullify all tokens of libation poured on the land and seas or sprinkled into the air in Iwere land. I frustrate all sacrifices of wine, blood, food, water, kola nuts, and other items offered in Iwere land.
In conformity with the new covenant through the blood of Jesus, I release the royal bloodline, the chiefs of the Iwere kingdom, the Iwere people and land, waters and atmosphere of Iwere kingdom from all ties to all other spiritual covenants and agreements.
His declarations has however triggered swift reactions from the royal family and the youths. The youths who came out to protest said, they are protesting against the moves by the monarch and others to change the only recognized ancient title of “Ogiame” that represents the symbol of the Iwere Kingdom of Warri.
One of the protesting youths also said that the move amounts to a desecration of a title that has been in existence for more than 500 years. The protesters set a huge fire outside the gate of the palace.
The Olu of Warri is however insisting that it’s time for the land to go back to God.
Who agree with him?
- See more at: http://peculiarmagazine.com/2013/09/olu-warri-stops-500-years-old-tradition/#sthash.N8rrBEvE.dpuf

Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by iphedahyor(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yeah...!finally finally,I'm d first 2 comment

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by mko2005: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2013
iphedahyor: Yeah...!finally finally,I'm d first 2 comment
You made and it's on a positive news ! Where are the pagans ? Let them come and learn from the Olu of Warri land !

God help us
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by Dhortunn(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
*space chopped*
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
Space booked
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Kudos to the Olu..If the pagan gods were powerful they would have not elected him as olu in the first place..My God is the Mighty God.
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 11, 2013
Amen
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by trent9002(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2013
Absolute disrespect to local traditions. I say they impeach him or something.
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by Rhemar(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
God taking over kingdoms, it's high time we retraced our steps back to him. It's good he's realized they've being following after man-made gods nd traditions of no meaningful substance for too long nd d appointed time to quit all dat is nw God bless d King
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
From Frying Pan into Hot-Smoking Lava grin grin grin grin so no more sacrifices to the gods... it is now tithes and government allowances to Daddy GO grin grin grin grin
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by Candour(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Rhemar: God taking over kingdoms, it's high time we retraced our steps back to him. It's good he's realized they've being following after man-made gods nd traditions of no meaningful substance for too long nd d appointed time to quit all dat is nw God bless d King

My bro, he has recanted. He has taken back the 'Ogiame' title so back to status quo

While i applaud his decision to show he's born again, i think he should have just stepped down from the throne if he means business and leave the traditionalists with their throne. You can't divorce the throne from tradition and it could have become very violent if he hadn't budged. Paul renounced his position in Judaism when God arrested him because he knew there is no way he could have combined the two.

dismantling a tradition of over 500 years on his own was a battle doomed to failure from the start.
Re: Olu Of Warri Stops 500 Years Traditions And Shifts To Holy Spirit by 4C2215131: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Candour:

My bro, he has recanted. He has taken back the 'Ogiame' title so back to status quo

While i applaud his decision to show he's born again, i think he should have just stepped down from the throne if he means business and leave the traditionalists with their throne. You can't divorce the throne from tradition and it could have become very violent if he hadn't budged. Paul renounced his position in Judaism when God arrested him because he knew there is no way he could have combined the two.

dismantling a tradition of over 500 years on his own was a battle doomed to failure from the start.

On point. You can't serve two masters.

(1) (Reply)

Eleven Things You Did Not Know About Christmas / Download Gospel Music: Nathaniel Bassey Ft Micah Stampley - Onise Iyanu / Does God Have An Anus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.