Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

School Portal ...... Any Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / School Portal ...... Any Help (4215 Views)

Confused On Where To Start Blogging. Any Help Please? / School Portal, Portal Development / How Can I integrate as sms system to my website. any help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Portal ...... Any Help by Cordova: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
Good day everyone.
Please I am actually about to pick up a job from a school that need a school portal for students and staff.

I am considering whether to develop the portal from scratch or to buy and install on the site.

If I should buy I will be glad to have a suggestion of good and reliable school portal that is available
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by yawatide(f): 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Depends on features and how much they are paying you. I personally would recommend a hybrid - build from scratch but provide a CMS solution for "non techie" pages that may change often. That way, you are not called every so often to add "coma" to a page, if you know what I mean. Of course, this all depends on how much is being offered.
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by uwa234: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hello,
If you can develop from the scratch, then go ahead and do that, i personally believe that's the best, if you cant develop, then buy or find an open source school portal and then customize it. Remember,a school portal is different from a school website. The one i use is fedena.
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
With the knowledge of PHP,MySQL,and PHPMyAdmin you can easily do this. Make all pages in .php format dnt use .htm or .html (this will make it easier) Create a login and register page, create a database, create a profile page, (THIS DEPEND ON WHETHER YOU WANT STUDENTS TO FILL IN THEIR INFO OR YOU WANT THEIR PARENTS TO ACCESS IT) Develop a scratch card or PIN Code validation page that links to the profile page using ajax,vbscript or php....add other needed pages. Then link together using a nice theme
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by talk2D: 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Don't waste your time if there is a solution for you to use. Just do what is right and move on bro!

1 Like

Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
@Cordova, we can help you setup an advance, the best so far, flexible, reliable, efficient, robust school portal called Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS) with amazing features like automatic and accurate student results computation, sending of student's result to their mobile phone, retrieving student's transcript within seconds etc.

Log on to http://www.demo.idigitgs.com to feel a live demo of Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS). Click on student login at top right corner to login with details provided there or to know more information about this portal, offers and company, download this pdf @ www.demo.idigitgs.com/SDOSMS.pdf.

However, u can follow this topic @ www.nairaland.com/1440568/students-divine-oracle-schl-management

For more info Call 08030716751, 081 6368 6200 or email support[at]idigitgs.com, igweze[at]live.com. Thanks
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
dON'T SAY THE best so far !! mr man u havent see some KICK ASS student portal ? am almost done with one you gonna smile wink wink wink
jerome44: @Cordova, we can help you setup an advance, the best so far, flexible, reliable, efficient, robust school portal called Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS) with amazing features like automatic and accurate student results computation, sending of student's result to their mobile phone, retrieving student's transcript within seconds etc.

Log on to http://www.demo.idigitgs.com to feel a live demo of Student's Divine Oracle School Management System (SDOSMS). Click on student login at top right corner to login with details provided there or to know more information about this portal, offers and company, download this pdf @ www.demo.idigitgs.com/SDOSMS.pdf.

However, u can follow this topic @ www.nairaland.com/1440568/students-divine-oracle-schl-management

For more info Call 08030716751, 081 6368 6200 or email support[at]idigitgs.com, igweze[at]live.com. Thanks
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by winexviv: 11:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
When you say school portal, do u mean a university portal or secondary school portal? Within my best knowledge and experience in working on similar project, I will suggest you understand exactly what the school hope to achieve and code the system from scratch. If you use an opensource, bet me they will surely request for a feature which will demand you critically study the system and code it in which my even take weeks to achieve depending on your expertise. If you can't code this at the moment, kindly hire someone that can assist you on that and pay the person little. This project might be you breakthrough cv. Goodluck
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:58am On Sep 17, 2013
Abegi, send me that project make I sharpaly finish am, lick and clean mouth

1 Like

Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
@Mobilexceterav . . . Wish u best in your own goal. However, we will love to feel or see your own demo when u are done. For now mine is the BEST and by next week I will be launching the secondary and primary school version too . . . .
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:01am On Sep 18, 2013
jerome44: @Mobilexceterav . . . Wish u best in your own goal. However, we will love to feel or see your own demo when u are done. For now mine is the BEST and by next week I will be launching the secondary and primary school version too . . . .
Aii bro, send me the link when it's ready... shola at benbron dot com
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
L0l bro just face the fact :: yoruba will say ... if you never enter another person farm u dey shout sey na ur father farm big pass !!! na so bro check around u u will see some kick a s s portal that is developed with HTML5 for frontend and some overkilling framework for backend ... ur stuff is good no is is saying is not !! but stop saying "THE BEST "
jerome44: @Mobilexceterav . . . Wish u best in your own goal. However, we will love to feel or see your own demo when u are done. For now mine is the BEST and by next week I will be launching the secondary and primary school version too . . . .
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
I don't know if this will help, but you can post your project here and hire freelancers who will do it: http:www.getlancers.com

Getlancers.com is Nigeria #1 job outsourcing and Freelancing website. We're a freelancing company that specializes in connecting both experienced and amateur web developer, software engineer to potential clients/contractors in Nigeria. All payment made on the website are protected through our integrated escrow feature.
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by mrperfect(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2013
There are a lot of open source you can use out there to have the project done.
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by Subhendusoftid: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2013
Hi Cordova,

Greetings!!

We are SOFTiD Solutions a premium software company from Bangalore, India. We have a School management system developed for one of our esteemed client in Nigeria. We wonder if you could be interested in the same. Please write back to us on subhendu.softid@gmail.com or subhendu.m@softidsolutions.com for a detailed discussion on your requirement. We would also like to showcase our product during the discussion.

You could also choose to talk to us on our Skype contact ssis.subhendu

Awaiting for your response.

Regards,
Subhendu
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by adewasco2k(m): 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
I see alot of guys working on school portals, also working on one, using codeigniter so work seems to be moving very fast grin
Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by uken73(m): 3:16am On Sep 21, 2013
If it is for Nursery/Primary or Secondary School, then you need to take a look at the following thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/953571/nursery-primary-secondary-school-management

The Enterprise License of the school management software goes along with a CMS web portal.

FEATURES:
The web portal is a dynamic database driven website which content management capability which allows for easy maintenance/update of the site by the school. It also features social network/community interaction such as;
• Membership registration; for members of the school community (Staff, Students, Parent etc)
• Friend requests & following of other members
• Status updates, comments and liking of status.
• Sharing pictures
• Discussion forums/topical discussion boards with chat.
• Exchange of private messages

Other features include;
• Customized e-mail address such as info@kellygroupofschools.com or ese@kellygroupofschools.com.
• Multimedia gallery.
• School Calendar and Social calendar.
• Checking of results online (through Prisec School Manager Web Module).
• School events and news updates.
• Frequently asked questions management/updates.
• Online help desk.

9 Schools across the Federation have already adopted this solution. They can't all be wrong.
Check out the web portals of 3 of the 9 that are using the Enterprise license which goes along with the webportal.
http://www.monefschools.com (Nursery/Primary and Secondary school, Uyo, Akwa ibom State)
http://www.gtisng.com (Nursery/Primary and Secondary school, Ikare, Ondo State)
http://www.citadelinternationalschool.com (Secondary School, Ikare, Ondo State) - Only result module is ready as of now.

Others include;
Zamani College, Kaduna
Essence International Schools, Kaduna
Alpha Academy, Rivers State
Christian Montessori Nursery/Primary School, Akwa Ibom
Dominican Basic College, Rivers State
Great Faith International School, Rivers State

Bright Stars Model Secondary School, Akwa Ibom (Only web portal) http://www.brightstarsmodelschool.com.

Look at my signature below for contact details.

Re: School Portal ...... Any Help by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
julisunkan: With the knowledge of PHP,MySQL,and PHPMyAdmin you can easily do this. Make all pages in .php format dnt use .htm or .html (this will make it easier) Create a login and register page, create a database, create a profile page, (THIS DEPEND ON WHETHER YOU WANT STUDENTS TO FILL IN THEIR INFO OR YOU WANT THEIR PARENTS TO ACCESS IT) Develop a scratch card or PIN Code validation page that links to the profile page using ajax,vbscript or php....add other needed pages. Then link together using a nice theme
music to my ears...spot on babes.

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? / 5 Ways To Keep Readers On Your Blog Longer / I Need Smtp Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.