Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers (12182 Views)

Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers / Top 20 Nigeria's Richest Artiste / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
Notjustok.com will just wake up one morning a give us a list of their so called most gifted rappers.
But i dont give a damn about any gifted rappers because many unknown rappers are gifted. All i care about are the greatest rappers.
Here are the top 20 greatest Nigerian rappers;

20. Reminisse

19. Freestyle

18. Ice prince

17. Olamide

16. Sauce kid

15. Vector

14. Ill bliss

13. Da grin

12. Eedres

11. Overdose

10. Nigga raw

9. Ikechukwu

8. Terry tha rap

7. Naeto c

6. 2shorts

5. Junior and Pretty

4. M.I

3. Eldee

2. Ruggedman

1. Modenine
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by hod898(m): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
Guy MI rap pass Eldee O!
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
Where d hell is 'The Man Of The Year'

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
hod898: Guy MI rap pass Eldee O!
forget all these things wey eldee dey do. Eldee dey rap die. Thats if know him well
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2013
uniqueval: Where d hell is 'The Man Of The Year'
i wish to have phyno in my list but. He has no album yet. That means he hasn't fully arrived. Thus, far from being among the greats
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by hod898(m): 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
Indifferent:
forget all these things wey eldee dey do. Eldee dey rap die. Thats if know him well.
[b][/b]
If I forget, how I won take knw say hin rap pass MI? Abi na you no write well?
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
hod898: [b][/b]
If I forget, how I won take knw say hin rap pass MI? Abi na you no write well?
its not realy all about who rap pass, its about their deeds in Nigerian rap game
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by airmark(m): 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Every dicke n harry just dey pop up list now grin So nigga raw is greater than vector,olamide and even late dagrin? This ur list is ''VERY NOT JUST OK''.
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 6:00am On Sep 11, 2013
airmark: Every dicke n harry just dey pop up list now grin So nigga raw is greater than vector,olamide and even late dagrin? This ur list is ''VERY NOT JUST OK''.
Nigga raw has been in the game since 2004 with 3 Albums to show 4 it. Nigga raw is the menthor to every Eastern rapper u can think of 2day.
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 11, 2013
No phyno ? undecided the list ain't complete without him.

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by airmark(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
Indifferent:
Nigga raw has been in the game since 2004 with 3 Albums to show 4 it. Nigga raw is the menthor to every Eastern rapper u can think of 2day.
Then you should have said 'oldest' and not 'greatest'.if its a matter of number of albums then eedris should be ahead of terry tha rap man in your list. Online and real life, olamide despite having 2 albums, has more hits and is presently greater than Raw in rap genre.
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
adaobi123: No phyno ? undecided the list ain't complete without him.
phyno just arrived. He is good, soon he will be a great
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
airmark:
Then you should have said 'oldest' and not 'greatest'.if its a matter of number of albums then eedris should be ahead of terry tha rap man in your list. Online and real life, olamide despite having 2 albums, has more hits and is presently greater than Raw in rap genre.
You are mistaking being rave of the moment for being great. Eedris that you are talking about did mostly singing in half of his albums, but terry has always been a rapman
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by airmark(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
Indifferent:
You are mistaking being rave of the moment for being great. Eedris that you are talking about did mostly singing in half of his albums, but terry has always been a rapman

Pls tell me ur criteria for claiming nigga raw and terry tha rapman are greater than olamide and vector. Forget rave of the moment sh.it, olamide's omo to shan was an hit and no nigga raw or rapman hits could match it till date, let alone talking of his recent mutiple hits. At least notjustok explained how each rapper on their list merited it. If you could rate terry the rapman above vector and baddoo, its either you know nothing bout rap or you r just being mischievous.
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by tical(m): 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
when blogs force sumthin on the masses, soon they start believing the bigotry..

I knw that the naija rap industry is dull cuz rappers are lazy & inconsistent but continuously making Mode9 your best rapper does signify growth ..

when was the last time Mode9 dropped a critical acclaimed album?

How many hits does Mode9 hav in his whole rap career..both huge & underground?

Can he hold down a whole nite concert wit his fans spitting his verses?

How many features in any genre (+ hiphop) has Mode9 ever nailed before?
*pls dont call 'Stylee'*

Can you, your friends or any of your relations run to mode9 as a top priority rap feature on any of your potential hits?

Do you hav mode9's last album @ home?

As long as the answers to majority of these questions is No! Then the general mention of MODENINE as your best rapper on every list is bigotry!

Modenine is an intelligent spitter (super lyricist) but he is FAR 4rm being the BEST RAPPER in Nigeria..4get all those props.
He lacks skills to be an all- round great rap MUSIC artiste like Jay Z, MI, Kendrick Lamar, Pastor Mase, Rick Ross & even Mos Def (yasin Bey)

NOTE
Putting Mode9 always @ No1 does not make one a hiphop head...if it is so, KRS 1, Canibus or Papoose wil be the best rappers in the US..these are spitters..if they r topping Best Emcees List..No problem but Best Rapper ..Hell No.

Putting mode9 as your best shows your naija rap scene is stagnated.(for those who strongly still believe Mode9 Is)

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
airmark:

Pls tell me ur criteria for claiming nigga raw and terry tha rapman are greater than olamide and vector. Forget rave of the moment sh.it, olamide's omo to shan was an hit and no nigga raw or rapman hits could match it till date, let alone talking of his recent mutiple hits. At least notjustok explained how each rapper on their list merited it. If you could rate terry the rapman above vector and baddoo, its either you know nothing bout rap or you r just being mischievous.
Terry tha rapman dropped his 1st album in 2002. U must be wondering where olamide and Vector were then. See his albums; Rap manifestation(2002), tha rapman begins(2007), Boys are not smiling(2010), the Joe spazm mixtape. 2009.
You forgot all Olamide's good rap songs and u ar talking omo to shan where he did singing. Now i know u aint know shit about rap and hip hop.
I dont want to talk about Nigga raw cos with the way you rep Olamide, i can understand u dont understand much from Nigga raw
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
tical: when blogs force sumthin on the masses, soon they start believing the bigotry..

I knw that the naija rap industry is dull cuz rappers are lazy & inconsistent but continuously making Mode9 your best rapper does signify growth ..

when was the last time Mode9 dropped a critical acclaimed album?

How many hits does Mode9 hav in his whole rap career..both huge & underground?

Can he hold down a whole nite concert wit his fans spitting his verses?

How many features in any genre (+ hiphop) has Mode9 ever nailed before?
*pls dont call 'Stylee'*

Can you, your friends or any of your relations run to mode9 as a top priority rap feature on any of your potential hits?

Do you hav mode9's last album @ home?

As long as the answers to majority of these questions is No! Then the general mention of MODENINE as your best rapper on every list is bigotry!

Modenine is an intelligent spitter (super lyricist) but he is FAR 4rm being the BEST RAPPER in Nigeria..4get all those props.
He lacks skills to be an all- round great rap MUSIC artiste like Jay Z, MI, Kendrick Lamar, Pastor Mase, Rick Ross & even Mos Def (yasin Bey)

NOTE
Putting Mode9 always @ No1 does not make one a hiphop head...if it is so, KRS 1, Canibus or Papoose wil be the best rappers in the US..these are spitters..if they r topping Best Emcees List..No problem but Best Rapper ..Hell No.

Putting mode9 as your best shows your naija rap scene is stagnated.(for those who strongly still believe Mode9 Is)

Peace

Bro i'm not a blogger did u see any link there? Im just a Nairalander critically analysing our rap game.
Coming to mode 9 issue, in my opinion i won't give him the no.1 spot because he couldn't combine hip hop with commercial success like Ruggedy & M.I. But he has really done much to deserve the no.1 spot, with 4 albums and 3 mixtapes. I'm only being unbiased.
In America rappers like Rakim,Krs one, Mos def & Talib kweli who are hardcore are well rated because there they listen to rap, here we listen to beat and noise. Thats why rappers like 2chainz drive hip hop newcomers crazy here. If i want to listen to jamz i knw where to download gobe and skelewu but if i want to listen to lyrics i also know the right joints
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by AbuMikey(m): 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
Shiiity thread! angry

Eldee rated too high
Vector rated too low!!

Where da phuck did you hide Erigga's name? undecided
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by homesteady(m): 11:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
Abu Mikey: Shiiity thread! angry

Eldee rated too high
Vector rated too low!!

Where da phuck did you hide Erigga's name? undecided

So you like erigga!!
I hate that boy enn!! His songs are just too stupid!! And warri boys like overhyping him grin
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by airmark(m): 12:42am On Sep 13, 2013
Indifferent:
Terry tha rapman dropped his 1st album in 2002. U must be wondering where olamide and Vector were then. See his albums; Rap manifestation(2002), tha rapman begins(2007), Boys are not smiling(2010), the Joe spazm mixtape. 2009.
You forgot all Olamide's good rap songs and u ar talking omo to shan where he did singing. Now i know u aint know shit about rap and hip hop.
I dont want to talk about Nigga raw cos with the way you rep Olamide, i can understand u dont understand much from Nigga raw

Thats baseless. Your error starts from misunderstanding the word ''Greatest''. Let me remind you that greatest is the superlative of the word 'GREAT'. Now i asked you what criteria you used to come by your list? You did n't answer. For you to call these rappers 'greatest', it means their products (raps) are bests around and brought them awards and honours. Good, i dont have problem about those on the list, but the order they were arranged made you sund deluded. Before i left nigeria, i know whats up about rappers. The total albums' sales of all rapman albums is not up to Olamide's YBNL. Aint sure if he sells above 5000 copies. Thats about the product and if you wanna argue that, please list the number of A' grade awards he has got, number of top class shows and endorsements, airplays in Nigeria. Being the oldest does n't make you the greatest, get it. You look into achievements dude while you in it. Modo has won awards as best rap act severally so he deserves the number 1.

Just justify why nigga raw and terry tha rapman rank higher than vec and olamide with sensible reasons and unarguable facts cos you know sh.it ?
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by raptainer(m): 6:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Sorry but ure guys Did forget Sinzu, eddy remedy, tony tetula this guyz did great too.
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by AbuMikey(m): 7:16am On Sep 13, 2013
homesteady:

So you like erigga!!
I hate that boy enn!! His songs are just too stupid!! And warri boys like overhyping him grin
Bros,you know am an Edo boy,but erigga's Pidgin lines are da bomb!!
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by larride(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2013
Abeg remove olamide, vector, da-grin and edris from your list and then you can call them top whatever best rapper in your dreams. How on earth will you rate ill-bliss, nigga raw, overdose, sauce kid, 2shorts, ikechukwu, who the heck is junior and pretty and you rate them above da'grin, olamide and vector? I'd even chose Phyno over sauce kid anytime anyday. What is your yardstick for measuring the greatest and let's have an healthy debate.
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by akinsunny2009(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2013
Where is Yung6ix, Naeto C L.O.S
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by akinsunny2009(m): 11:14am On Sep 13, 2013
Where is Yung6ix, L.O.S, among others, who is overdose, freestyle NotJustOk re not Okay
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by flexeey: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
this ought to be in the joke section. its d joke of the century
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 6:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Guys, guys chill lets analyse this well. The problem here is that we are mixing being the best rapper with being the greatest.
If we are to talk about the best, i can close my eyes and tell you M.I is the best. But talking about great, you consider these things;
1. Albums ( or songs)
2. Creativity (Ability to make the audience get the massage)
3. Lyricism ( includes good use of Punchines, Methafors, Multiples, Emotions, good ryming)
4. The impacts made in the rap game
5. Longetivity. ( How long have they been relevant in the rap game)
...MIND YOU: When rating rappers, we dont consider things like Awards, remeber Nas never won a Grammy but Jay z has up to 8 grammies
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
akinsunny2009: Where is Yung6ix, L.O.S, among others, who is overdose, freestyle NotJustOk re not Okay
I understand why you know L.O.S but u don't know Overdose. You are so addicted with chanel o and Sound city
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
larride: Abeg remove olamide, vector, da-grin and edris from your list and then you can call them top whatever best rapper in your dreams. How on earth will you rate ill-bliss, nigga raw, overdose, sauce kid, 2shorts, ikechukwu, who the heck is junior and pretty and you rate them above da'grin, olamide and vector? I'd even chose Phyno over sauce kid anytime anyday. What is your yardstick for measuring the greatest and let's have an healthy debate.
Before we argue anything about I'll bliss, have you hard of thorough bred? Or you just knew about ill bliss when he feature Terry G in Aye kpon gan?
You talking about phyno, go and ask phyno who his menthor was...
Phyno is to Nigga raw what Kanye west is to Jay z. He used to be an underground producer for Nigga raw, slow dogg and co. I know him from Abakpa in Enugu
If u don't know junior and pretty it will pay to consult history. They are the ones who introduced rapping in pidgen english, also Eldee and tha trybes men.
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by airmark(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Indifferent: Guys, guys chill lets analyse this well. The problem here is that we are mixing being the best rapper with being the greatest.
If we are to talk about the best, i can close my eyes and tell you M.I is the best. But talking about great, you consider these things;
1. Albums ( or songs)
2. Creativity (Ability to make the audience get the massage)
3. Lyricism ( includes good use of Punchines, Methafors, Multiples, Emotions, good ryming)
4. The impacts made in the rap game
5. Longetivity. ( How long have they been relevant in the rap game)
...MIND YOU: When rating rappers, we dont consider things like Awards, remeber Nas never won a Grammy but Jay z has up to 8 grammies

Thanks, so those criterias above were used for that your list? Good, please tell me under those categories how illbliss,nigga raw, terry the rapman beat Vector and olamide on that list and as per longetivity criteria, you know no sh.it, WC, william calhoun started before yeezy yet kanye would be ranked higher in the commity of top dawgs. Its not how long but your impact matters most. so longetivity should be merged with impact in the game.
we all know that sometimes awards mean little but no doubt without grammy, Nas still won at BET. Tell me 'A' class awards solely won by Nigga raw and ill bliss in Nigeria? You cant call someone without honour, greatest. People will ask you what has he achieved? Thats what we asked you dude.
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by Indifferent(m): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
airmark:

Thanks, so those criterias above were used for that your list? Good, please tell me under those categories how illbliss,nigga raw, terry the rapman beat Vector and olamide on that list and as per longetivity criteria, you know no sh.it, WC, william calhoun started before yeezy yet kanye would be ranked higher in the commity of top dawgs. Its not how long but your impact matters most. so longetivity should be merged with impact in the game.
we all know that sometimes awards mean little but no doubt without grammy, Nas still won at BET. Tell me 'A' class awards solely won by Nigga raw and ill bliss in Nigeria? You cant call someone without honour, greatest. People will ask you what has he achieved? Thats what we asked you dude.
Like julius agwu said in one of his songs, 'experience is like school bag, everybody cary em own'. If with ur experience in the rap game u think Olamide and Vector are the greatest. Thats ur opinion. With my own experience, this is where i rate them
Re: Top 20 Greatest Nigerian Rappers by godwinadoga(m): 1:13am On Sep 19, 2017
Instead of arguing like kids, why not cast a vote for the rapper you think has the greatest impact on the industry. I keep telling youvguys that hiphophead Nigeria has covered most of these arguments http://hiphophead.com.ng/2017/06/03/greatest-nigerian-rapper-history-vote-now/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angel Twani: 'Mr. Somebody' - Video By Arewa Princess / {download Mp3} : The Way You Are (gbadun You) - Di'ja Ft Tiwa Savage / DOWNLOAD MP3: Davido – Flora My Flawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.