Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:55 PM

The Next Governor Of Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Next Governor Of Lagos State (4298 Views)

Meet D Next Governor Of Ondo State / MY SON WILL BECOME THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF KWARA STATE ..bukola saraki(PHOTOS) / Who Is Most Likely To Become The Next Governor Of Anambra State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
BABATUNDE FOWLER for governor of lagos state ,y'all to stand for merit over mediocre ,virtue over vice personality over party n Lagos would be a better place ,check his antecedents in lagos state and see whom is behind the success of the incumbent Lagos state administration
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by agbameta: 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2013

Babatunde Fowler, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Lagos state Internal Revenue Service, LIRS

He's the money man and a damn good money man. The people of Lagos are proud of him and he's ability to keep us almost financially independent is of course very glaring and appreciated, but governing Lagos state is not his thing and I don't even think he's interested.
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
I will vote for Tunde Fowler as I know him personally when he was at Chartered Bank before going into politics. He is well educated, articulate and from a very good home. He's been a banker and understands the issues of revenue generation and he has learnt from Fashola very closely so I think he will be a good choice. He definitely has a very good CV and he is not a career politician or government contractor. Although I think Gbenga Ashafa is Tinubu's anointed, Tunde Fowler's definitely a good choice.

He is also a Pastor! I will stop here cos I dont want to expose his dirty sides, hoping he has repented! wink wink
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
if he want to run let him say so, if he is not running let the sleeping dog lie

enough of the drafting of unwilling leaders
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by kettykin: 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Is he a Muslim or Christian
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by lagcity(m): 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
kettykin: Is he a Muslim or Christian

bigot. back to your cave. this is Yorubaland

6 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by plaindealer: 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2013

We don't bother ourselves in lagos with such backward, ignorant and religious idiocy type sentiments.

Where are your backward villages today with their lazy and incompetent do nothing Christian governors?

2 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by PaulJohn1: 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2013

Wetin concern you? You be Lagosian?

Tell us one meaningful development your state has witnessed with your religious governors.

5 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by simpleseyi: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
I hate tax officers. They will tax you for touching your wife, even for looking at the back of a big yansh woman. Lagos is already over-taxed, No more tax please. Even the woman hawking oranges pays for a ticket issued by the local government tax officers, HA WETIN? Too much tax jooorr. Lastly, Tunde Fowler is a sugar daddy, I wont give you the details because he will definitely know that only me can give such specific details. Mothers, keep your 20-30 years old daughters (married or unmarried) away from him.
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
Nashville: I will vote for Tunde Fowler as I know him personally when he was at Chartered Bank before going into politics. He is well educated, articulate and from a very good home. He's been a banker and understands the issues of revenue generation and he has learnt from Fashola very closely so I think he will be a good choice. He definitely has a very good CV and he is not a career politician or government contractor. Although I think Gbenga Ashafa is Tinubu's anointed, Tunde Foowler s definitely a good choice.

He is also a Pastor! I will stop here cos I dont want to expose his dirty sides, hoping he has repented! wink wink

Every man has a black side sire, well said , from the aforementioned you seem to know him very well and from a reliable source i can say that MR BABATUNDE FOWLER is going to contest for the position of the head of executive arm of lagos state, about the party i cant say yet ,primaries might determine if there would be any and him not being a politician i agree with you but i think i high time technocrates ruled rather than them mediocre we have all over the country
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by aljharem(m): 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
fowler ko, flour ni

PDP Lagos 2015, no matter the threat APC gives PDP go enter

1 Like

Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by FreeGlobe(f): 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yorubas should speak for themselves but as long as igbo 45% votes in Lagos is concerned NO MORE MUSLIM LAGOS governor!! and we are still negotiating APC's continued running of Lagos, since we learnt its FG's compensation to Tinubu the yoruba leader.
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by FreeGlobe(f): 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
alj harem: fowler ko, flour ni

in addition, no more Muslim governor.
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
This is the time of blackmail and accusations ,keep them flying , he who doesnt sin is not living , ask that COZA pastor bou it. Btw a man has a personal life to live. Letz address the issue and keep his personal life to his family to handle ,is the man capable of taking lagos state to the next level ?
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
spenca:

Every man has a black side sire, well said , from the aforementioned you seem to know him very well and from a reliable source i can say that MR BABATUNDE FOWLER is going to contest for the position of the head of executive arm of lagos state, about the party i cant say yet ,primaries might determine if there would be any and him not being a politician i agree with you but i think i high time technocrates ruled rather than them mediocre we have all over the country

He has no option than to run on APC/ACN. He is not even a politician and does not have the popularity in Lagos State but if APC/ACN is backing him he will win. Few people knew Fashola before 2007. Fowler has not choice than go with APC. The bad side is rather personal between him and his wife wink, and this was about 10-15 years ago. But the point is I think he will be a good governor.
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by simpleseyi: 10:50pm On Sep 10, 2013

Please wake up, it is morning, stop dreaming. Which of the PDP are you talking about, Tukur's PDP or Baraje's PDP? PDP can never ever win any South-West state. Even for LG election, if PDP wins any local government, we shall rig them out like we did in Ogun and also did to Obanikoro's son in Ikoyi/Obalende LCDA. PDP can continue to drag South-East and South-South backward.

3 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 10:51pm On Sep 10, 2013

Every man for his vote
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by tpia5: 10:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
not looking forward to that time!

@ thread title.
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by kettykin: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Power shift to lagos Christians by 2015, otherwise APC is wasting their money and time. It is becoming clearer why funsho Williams was murdered and why some people are less interested in who murdered funsho Williams
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 10:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
Nashville:

He has no option than to run on APC/ACN. He is not even a politician and does not have the popularity in Lagos State but if APC/ACN is backing him he will win. Few people knew Fashola before 2007. Fowler has not choice than go with APC. The bad side is rather personal between him and his wife wink, and this was about 10-15 years ago. But the point is I think he will be a good governor.

Well said between he and his wife ,now the question is ,aint dey still married ? Why i said party is yet unknown is because of primaries and all the mediocre that goes on there but on in all he has the backing of a lagos super bloc politician and i think that is a good plus for him . Those who know him know him as a well educated Nigerian ,popular or not ,let go for the man with the know how
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by baby124: 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy. We need a man that is not involved in girlfriend scandals abeg. *Now Searching in the present cabinet*... We cannot afford to be funding lavish lifestyles of girlfriends, baby mama's and wives.
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by Eledan: 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
Why do some non-Yorubas trying to drag politics into Yoruba politics....

For your information....your definition of the relationship between Christianity and Islam is different from our we view it....

Hardly would you see a purely one-way religion family in Yorubaland they way you people are one way religion on the East side..

5 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by Eledan: 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
kettykin: Power shift to lagos Christians by 2015, otherwise APC is wasting their money and time. It is becoming clearer why funsho Williams was murdered and why some people are less interested in who murdered funsho Williams

You are talking to yourself...

3 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
kettykin: Power shift to lagos Christians by 2015, otherwise APC is wasting their money and time. It is becoming clearer why funsho Williams was murdered and why some people are less interested in who murdered funsho Williams

I keep wondering too ,i had a great penchant for that mahn ,may his gentle n mild soul rest in peace, all could be done was to erect a statue n name an avenue after him , poor Nigeria, poor Nigeria
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by cKaiser: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Lets see his resume if he fits to wear the shoes of Tinubu and Fashola

Moreover whats his opinion on how Lagos State should be run.

Whats his views on the ownership of Lagos.

"Mr Fowler Lagos is a no mans land" discuss.

I would go with whoever the hierarchy of the ACN/APC SELECTS and trust to carry on with the legacy of Tinubu/Fashola

Eko o ni baje
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by cKaiser: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
spenca:

I keep wondering too ,i had a great penchant for that mahn ,may his gentle n mild soul rest in peace, all could be done was to erect a statue n name an avenue after him , poor Nigeria, poor Nigeria

If youre looking for Williams killers Ask Obanikoro and the PDP
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by FreeGlobe(f): 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
spenca:

was it Nigeria that killed him? don't you know who killed him?
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
was it Nigeria that killed him? don't you know who killed him?

Please tell us all ,am sure we would love to hear you
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
cKaiser:

If youre looking for Williams killers Ask Obanikoro and the PDP

Since the FG controls the police and they where incharge of the case its no surprise it was put 7ft
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by FreeGlobe(f): 11:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
spenca:

Since the FG controls the police and they where incharge of the case its no surprise it was put 7ft
my friend don't come here to show your level of ignorance, no wonder the APC goons were quick to deceive you. Ask the Lagos state govt led by Tinubu about what happened to Williams a threat to their continued leadership and looting of Lagos
Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by spenca: 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
my friend don't come here to show your level of ignorance, no wonder the APC goons were quick to deceive you. Ask the Lagos state govt led by Tinubu about what happened to Williams a threat to their continued leadership and looting of Lagos

Why should i go ask a man that claims ignorance of the subject matter since you know it why dont you just spill and skip the prelude

Btw they loot they loot our roads are getting better ,they loot they loot our roads have street lights they loot they loot our marketz are getting cleaner they loot they looy facilities are coming up they loot they loot security is not at the highest alert buh if i may ask you wah has your "diabolic leaders" done for your town ?

5 Likes

Re: The Next Governor Of Lagos State by jaso1(m): 11:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
When you read some nonsense write up by Nigerians you wonder where this country is heading to. Cant we appropriately apply our psychological strenght in making a realistic measurement on performance and allow benchmaking before adjudge on general or holistic view of performance?
I think bringing in another party except PDP that's already known with blemish failure remark. Jimi Agbaje would have been prefered candidate for the job. He's a man of value. He accepted defeat and praise performing governance without sentiment. I think given him the chance would give Lagos more value on leadership which would consequently give the state more global competative edge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before We Lost Kwankwaso In Aso Rock. / PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. / [PHOTOS] See World's Weirdest And Craziest Car Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.