Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Sample Of Letter Of Application - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sample Of Letter Of Application (990281 Views)

Nigeria Police Academy Begins Sale Of Application Forms / Pls Can Some One Help Me With A Sample Of A Recent Standard CV. / The Perfect "Letter Of Application" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2016
This is an example of how NOT to write a letter of application. Imagine you have to read like hundreds of this type of letters when selecting a candidate...you would fall asleep after this one. Your letter should not tell me who you are, it should show me who you are, in its style, in its originality, in its tone, in its approach, in what it highlights. There is too much lacking in it for me to even start giving suggestions, it would end up in a whole course here. And I see that there are already enough self-made yahoo yahoo advisers here who are offering their useless advice for not worth it financial rewards.

But don't bother too much...we learn most in life from how we shouldnt do things, we learn most from rejections time after time and from our failures. In the end, they will drive us to master things and create the best version of ourselves. So keep trying!

Just don't copy paste any application letters from the internet while making minor changes. If you do so, you have no idea about how recruiters work. But the result will be clear. You will stay jobless.

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Samexdx(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2016
Lols.... Since 2006
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by MNDY(m): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2016
xchanger:
This is not an attempt to criticize you in anyway Funsho cause you're doing a great job here. I made a few changes to your letter, to make it sound better grammatically.

4, Asa street,
Ikeja Lagos.
Ist June,2006.

The Human resources Manager,
ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
Oyo state

Dear sir,

APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CHIEF ACCOUNTANT

I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of Chief Accountant. I graduated from XYZ University with a degree in Accounting (2nd Class Honours, Upper Division). In addition I have a Masters degree in finance, proffessional qualification (ACA), and many years of cognate experience.

I understand that this post requires a candidate with a strong analytical mind, a self starter who must be able to work with little supervision. I possess these attributes and they have served me well in the past - ensuring my rapid promotion by my previous employers.

I would appreciate an opportunity to interview with you and demonstrate to you first hand that i am an excellent fit for this position. You may contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655. I have also attached my resume for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Nice! But how can you help adjust that second paragraph for a fresh graduate and first-time applicant?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by eromzee(m): 7:36am On Apr 19, 2016
funsoo:

4, Asa street,
Ikeja Lagos.
Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
Oyo state

Dear sir,

APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF A CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of a Chief Accountant. My second class upper grade in Accounting,proffessional qualification (ACA), Master degree in finance and many years cognate experience seems to
fit me well for this position.

I understand this post requires a candidate with strong analytical mind,a self starter ,who must be able to work with lesser supervision.
All this attributes are already part of me as evidenced by my rapid promotion in the past.

Kindly contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655 for an interview where my ability
to add value to ABC Nigeria limited can be assessed.

Thank you for your time and considration

Yours faithfully,
Adekunle Olufunso
ATT'D
CV

I DECIDED TO POST A SAMPLE OF JOB APPLICATION LETTER TO GUIDE OUR JOB SEEKERS IN THE FUTURE.YOUR COMMENTS PLS.
plz I also use yours sincerely want 2 knw if it wrong tanks.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by aguns1980(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2016
I want to ask, can this application letter also be seen as cover letter?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by sucess001(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2016
post since 2006?

Mods...fear God o...
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Jonwesley(m): 7:59am On Apr 19, 2016
Is it not a pity that job seekers and applicants can't write applications? And the attempts I come across here are appalling, correctors even further made blunders. What a sorry state of our education.

I remember that application writing or essays is part of the Waec/Ssce final examinations. How did these people pass English language in that examinations?

No wonder so many people are jobless. The moment an error is noticed in your application, you have helped HR is not considering you for selection and you will be wondering why you were not called or invited for further consideration. Sorry!
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by permanentgrace(m): 8:03am On Apr 19, 2016
Wahalai! Who says someone cannot succeed in this life even at a long run? Only if you dont give up easily like Buhari didnt. Imagine a thread of 2006 hitting frontpage in 2016. If each thread you create and it hits frontpage, you're automatically entitled for $50k, this is sure when this my Op would've made it perhaps after all hopes were lost.

The thread is a source of motivation to some of us...never give up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Chigorkizz(m): 8:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by nwaimoroseyaho: 8:11am On Apr 19, 2016
shouldn't there be signature after yours faithfully?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by FrankLampard: 8:14am On Apr 19, 2016
Consultant:

You can contact me using contactus@usastudyinfo.com. I may give you my phone number personally but i won't post it here. Note that i'm not in Nigeria though.

Mumu
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by danose99(m): 8:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Jonwesley:
Is it not a pity that job seekers and applicants can't write applications? And the attempts I come across here are appalling, correctors even further made blunders. What a sorry state of our education.

I remember that application writing or essays is part of the Waec/Ssce final examinations. How did these people pass English language in that examinations?

No wonder so many people are jobless. The moment an error is noticed in your application, you have helped HR is not considering you for selection and you will be wondering why you were not called or invited for further consideration. Sorry!
Dude,why not drop a succint contribution instead of casting unnecessary aspersions

10 Likes

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Lectuwaire(m): 8:26am On Apr 19, 2016
Thanks alot and we need sample for the fresh undergraduates.

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by millhouse: 8:36am On Apr 19, 2016
provost:
thanks alot take car
good
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Toscoas2(m): 8:37am On Apr 19, 2016
MNDY:

Nice! But how can you help adjust that second paragraph for a fresh graduate and first-time applicant?
Fresh graduate? and u are asking how to adjust d 2nd paragraph. the letter is just a guide to write urs, do not copy and paste, there are many graduates in here, that would use it. so try to use urs.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Toscoas2(m): 8:40am On Apr 19, 2016
eromzee:
plz I also use yours sincerely want 2 knw if it wrong tanks.
Did u do essay writing in ur ssce? I believe u were tot hw to write letter. Yours sincerely is meant for Informal letter while Yours faithfully is meant for formal or official letter.

2 Likes

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Jonwesley:

If you cannot correct the mistakes then go away!! We are all trying to learn! Mind you this post was made 10years ago, where were you then? I bet the Op and other individuals that contributed have honed their skills..
Run Along! Oversabi headmaster.

6 Likes

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Ablitmuspaper(m): 9:18am On Apr 19, 2016
thanks so much for dt piece....i don't know if u ve any matured cv format....if u do pls kindly send it to vocamezaya@yahoo.com...thanks
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Affluentkess: 9:26am On Apr 19, 2016
My opinion i believe Consultant version seems cool except for the minor errors and believe Tufanja should give an example .......she seems to make some senses
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Mortiano(m): 10:07am On Apr 19, 2016
xchanger:
This is not an attempt to criticize you in anyway Funsho cause you're doing a great job here. I made a few changes to your letter, to make it sound better grammatically.

4, Asa street,
Ikeja Lagos.
Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
Oyo state

Dear sir,

I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of Chief Accountant. I graduated from XYZ University with a degree in Accounting (2nd Class Honours, Upper Division). In addition I have a Masters degree in finance, proffessional qualification (ACA), and many years of cognate experience.

I understand that this post requires a candidate with a strong analytical mind, a self starter who must be able to work with little supervision. I possess these attributes and they have served me well in the past - ensuring my rapid promotion by my previous employers.

I would appreciate an opportunity to interview with you and demonstrate to you first hand that i am an excellent fit for this position. You may contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655. I have also attached my resume for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

notice me; i still prefer d original one; why did u first create urs
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by okehsmiley: 10:23am On Apr 19, 2016
For help with CV writing, contact divoxconsult@gmail.com. Let your CV sell you to potential employers!
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Jacko1(m): 10:38am On Apr 19, 2016
Employers go see one format of cover letter evrywer now.... Hr ppl be lik.... This pool of ppl are very smart.... We cant drop any hmmmm

Somein fishy oh look all of dem used same adjectives
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by amarachi06(f): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2016
Consultant:

4, Asa street,
                                                                            Ikeja Lagos.
                                                                            Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
  Oyo state

Dear sir,

I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of Chief Accountant. I graduated from XYZ University with a degree in Accounting (2nd Class Honours, Upper Division). In addition I have a  Masters degree in finance, proffessional qualification (ACA), and many years of cognate experience.

Yours faithfully,
                                                                                   Adekunle Olufunso
  ATT'D
  CV

you are very wrong cos he used the APA system of writing which is new to you. American Psychological Association. Read your book and upgrade the more.
Don't mean to correct you but l just did.

2 Likes

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Elhomoj(m): 10:45am On Apr 19, 2016
funsoo:

4, Asa street,
Ikeja Lagos.
Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
Oyo state

Dear sir,

APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF A CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of a Chief Accountant. My second class upper grade in Accounting,proffessional qualification (ACA), Master degree in finance and many years cognate experience seems to
fit me well for this position.

I understand this post requires a candidate with strong analytical mind,a self starter ,who must be able to work with lesser supervision.
All this attributes are already part of me as evidenced by my rapid promotion in the past.

Kindly contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655 for an interview where my ability
to add value to ABC Nigeria limited can be assessed.

Thank you for your time and considration

Yours faithfully,
Adekunle Olufunso
ATT'D
CV

I DECIDED TO POST A SAMPLE OF JOB APPLICATION LETTER TO GUIDE OUR JOB SEEKERS IN THE FUTURE.YOUR COMMENTS PLS.

Though it's nice of you to have posted this stuff, you must be wary of some things. Pay attention to the following: The writer's address should be: 4, Asa Street,
Ikeja, Lagos.
June 1st, 2006.
The receiver's address should be:
The Human Resources Manager,
ABC, Nigeria Limited,
4, Tom Street,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
Your letter must be well punctuated, vagueness must be eliminated and remember 'I', the subject of a sentence must always be in uppercase. Stay blessed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Philadelphia: 11:17am On Apr 19, 2016
So since 2006, it is now this poo is making front page? angry
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by VocalWalls: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2016
Neogebreeds:
It was so nice to find a good Optometrist in Florida Michael Lange Optometrist.

Keyword rich backlink that doesn't identify with your website?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by adewuyia2014(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Thank you Funsho can u please write a sample of cover letter?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by obstead200(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2016
xchanger:

4, Asa street,
Ikeja Lagos.
Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
Oyo state

Dear sir,

I have been using ur style before now. But I think I prefer the OP's style.
Both of u guys are saying the same thing but the OP's is more assertive. it exudes confidence. Nowadays, after qualifications are experience are placed on the table, ur confidence and strength of character counts a lot.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Alani86: 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
Consultant:

You can contact me using contactus@usastudyinfo.com. I may give you my phone number personally but i won't post it here. Note that i'm not in Nigeria though.

I want to use a stone to kill two birds.

First, I want to commend Funsho for such a great job, quasi-impeccably done. I also want to salute his maturity and open-mindedness. These are imperative traits/attributes of a man who will go very far in life!

Second, I am highly impressed and elated by the way "consultant" added some spices to the letter. You are truly well-grounded and inclined. This will surely be helpful to one or two folks on here, I must say!

Lastly, I felt your refusal to make your phone number openly available, makes it irrelevant for us to know whether or not you are in Nigeria. I think the location doesn't really matter, but the sphere of influence.

Much love!

#'Dipo. (aaoa432@gmail.com).

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by oluwamichael93(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Yes okay
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Jonwesley(m): 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jadeite:

If you cannot correct the mistakes then go away!! We are all trying to learn! Mind you this post was made 10years ago, where were you then? I bet the Op and other individuals that contributed have honed their skills..
Run Along! Oversabi headmaster.

Really, what is this fashionista saying? Yes that I didn't have all that time to correct the errors, doesn't mean I can't say the obvious noticeable errors there. It's funny that people like the poster of that application, even though it was posted 10 years ago who to me has a lot of inadequacies in writing essay and particularly an Application letter could boldly come on a forum like this to display his writing prowess which is far below average.

It would have been humble enough to ask for help or be guided rather than putting a half baked or a poorly written application as a model for others, and in the process attracting all manner of responses from people that includes those ignorant than him and who woul have thought they have gotten a model to follow. A blind man leading a blind man, will they not both fall into a ditch?

There is so much to correct in that application and please permit me to let it go for now, just as Jarus (whom i have so much respect for) also has responded to. The total presentation is wrong, apart from the spelling errors. The usage of the word, "extreme" is uncalled for, in his attempt to show his likeness for the position. Again, there are so many 'I this or that' in that application which shows arrogance or too much to self and an unnecessary glorification. Imagine claiming 'rapid promotion' by his previous employees, too boastful and full of pride. For crying out loud he attached a curriculum vitae to the application which ordinarily has the details of his past and other things. He demanded the company to call his phone line, uhuhhh, No!, Nevertheless that he used 'Kindly'.

Having titled the application for the post, why stating it again in the first line of the first paragraph,.....

A normal first paragraph of an application ought to be direct and formal, an example could be:

With reference to the advert placement (or replace with "advertisement) of 19th April, 2016 in the Guardian Newspaper regarding the above subject, I hereby apply for the position. This is very formal, this removes all the likes of 'extreme', 'interest', etc.

You don't decide for yourself that your qualifications, skills, etc are perfect fit for the position, you are meant to submit for them to make that consideration. Again it shows a person who is full of pride.

Please, note that my correction is not only on the original poster, but also on others "I too know" contributions that are also full of blunders. I have taken all together in this piece. I beg you, let me rest here for now.

3 Likes

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jonwesley:

Really, what is this fashionista saying? Yes that I didn't have all that time to correct the errors, doesn't mean I can't say the obvious noticeable errors there. It's funny that people like the poster of that application, even though it was posted 10 years ago who to me has a lot of inadequacies in writing essay and particularly an Application letter could boldly come on a forum like this to display his writing prowess which is far below average.

It would have been humble enough to ask for help or be guided rather than putting a half baked or a poorly written application as a model for others, and in the process attracting all manner of responses from people that includes those ignorant than him and who woul have thought they have gotten a model to follow. A blind man leading a blind man, will they not both fall into a ditch?

There is so much to correct in that application and please permit me to let it go for now, just as Jarus (whom i have so much respect for) also has responded to. The total presentation is wrong, apart from the spelling errors. The usage of the word, "extreme" is uncalled for, in his attempt to show his likeness for the position. Again, there are so many 'I this or that' in that application which shows arrogance or too much to self and an unnecessary glorification. Imagine claiming 'rapid promotion' by his previous employees, too boastful and full of pride. For crying out loud he attached a curriculum vitae to the application which ordinarily has the details of his past and other things. He demanded the company to call his phone line, uhuhhh, No!, Nevertheless that he used 'Kindly'.

Having titled the application for the post, why stating it again in the first line of the first paragraph,.....

A normal first paragraph of an application ought to be direct and formal, an example could be:

With reference to the advert placement (or replace with "advertisement) of 19th April, 2016 in the Guardian Newspaper regarding the above subject, I hereby apply for the position. This is very formal, this removes all the likes of 'extreme', 'interest', etc.

You don't decide for yourself that your qualifications, skills, etc are perfect fit for the position, you are meant to submit for them to make that consideration. Again it shows a person who is full of pride.

Please, note that my correction is not only on the original poster, but also on others "I too know" contributions that are also full of blunders. I have taken all together in this piece. I beg you, let me rest here for now.

OK sir, I understand. Point(s) noted. I apologise. Ofcourse, I'd let you rest...A few of us still want to know/learn. Please, can you kindly help out? Thanks in anticipation..... I just sent you a PM.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply. / List Of Fake Employment Companies. Stay Off Them. / NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.