Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike (4026 Views)

ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report / Group Sues ASUU Over Strike / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by abu12: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2013
Teachers in public primary and junior secondary schools in Kogi State under the aegis of Basic Education Staff Association (BESAN) yesterday organized an inter-faith prayer session aimed, “at rescuing basic education from total collapse”.
The teachers, during the session held in Lokoja, prayed God to touch the hearts of those in government to do the right thing and protect the future of children of the less privileged.
The state chairman of BESAN Mr Suleiman Adomu, while addressing journalists said the group decided to seek God’s intervention in the matter so that children can go back to school.
He said the situation in basic education level in the state has reached a worrisome point, as pupils lost five months in the 2012/2013 academic session to strikes by teachers, and that resumption for the new academic year has become impossible.

He said the development is making parents to lose confidence in public schools, just as it has led to a drastic drop in enrolment figures.
Adomu, who added that public schools in the state will remain closed until their demands are met by the government, lamented that traditional rulers and other major stakeholders were contacted to intervene in the matter to no avail.
Earlier, those who led the prayers, Pastor Ejiri Godwin and Imam Abdulrahman Danladi, advised the state government and teachers to work together to right the wrongs in the education sector. They also appealed to both parties to shift grounds in the interest of the state.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/5067-kogi-teachers-hold-special-prayers-over-strike
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Appliedmaths(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2013
If them like make them no pay the teachers their money, dem go pray from now till the return of Jesus christ. Mtchew! Why are we Nigerians always stupid? You dey owe pesin simply pay them their money and all thes strikes would come to an end.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 11, 2013
Remember the rule No.1 pls...Kogi People on fp again NICE ONE....Next is Prayer session for A.S.U.U.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2013
WADA UR FADA;
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2013
too bad for our education here in nigeria
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by DonColz1(m): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2013
May their prayers be answered in jesus name, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2013
Pls we dnt trade insult on Nairaland.....Mind ur words pls...
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by moscobabs(m): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2013
I don't think i will go back to Nigeria again.this strike thing is becoming unbearable
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by uzeba(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2013
booked♠
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2013
I'm lost for word.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by safarigirl(f): 11:54am On Sep 11, 2013
Kindly leave God out of your idiocy and solve your problems your damn selves. Na only prayer we sabi, pray then go house sleep
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by bilo1(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2013
Noted
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2013
Smh
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2013
Prayers. Protest you fools
May God never answer those prayers.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Same train.
moscobabs: I don't think i will go back to Nigeria again.this strike thing is becoming unbearable
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by engrj(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
May God Answer them.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
Prayers or Action....Hmmm this nation is at the edge of a cliff about to slip off..
You elect a president with you own thumb , you still pray to God to Change him did God vote in the elections?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by chimchim1(m): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
and my Gov is busy attending pdp meeting up and down.
i head he has never done anything meaningful in the state
can any1 confirm that?
please my brothers n sisters, let us 4get abt tribal politics,
regional politics, and even party and vote for individual dt
can deliver good governance.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Revolva(m): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
naija n prayers...well hope it works.n strike ..all the yeye presidents n senators...lol
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Freiburger(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
One of the prayers i hate so much is this, ''God please touch the hearts of our leaders'' for what? undecided
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by chimchim1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
abeg, park well

no be cotonou u dey stay grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
moscobabs: I don't think i will go back to Nigeria again.this strike thing is becoming unbearable
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by 30secs(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Onase: Pls we dnt trade insult on Nairaland.....Mind ur words pls...
Baba... we dey over trade insult... infact, insult is our job.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Justbeingreal(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
engr j: May God Answer them.
lol
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by abu12: 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
The govt is just ruining the future of those children in that state, now that the school has resume for a new academic year, the poor once who can afford to attend the private school. will sit down at home watching their colleague going to school wat a f*u*c*k.

Tomorrow if some of them turn to nuisance in the street who will they blame for this
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Lol!.. Nigerians will prefer 'prayers' instead of actually 'acting' to tackle real life problems cheesy cheesy
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by ade2008(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
I pity the children in that state.the future of these children is gradually being destroyed. A time is still coming in this country when people will have to take weapons and pursue these useless animal in power. Gentlemanliness no longer pay in this country . When u dont force u dont get anything.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Akshow: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
foolish Nigerians will keep on praying when all we need is common sense.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by ffo(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
abu12:

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/5067-kogi-teachers-hold-special-prayers-over-strike

these are some of the dividends of Wada led administration.
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by SamNelson: 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
Whats d fu*ck wit those teachers and kogites? I pray God wil not answer ur prayers next time b wise and dont vote 4 dat zonbi call wada!
Re: Kogi Teachers Hold Special Prayers Over Strike by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
I really wish the parents of the children in this state can afford to send their children to Private schools.#I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA>C.E.O Naija must be great<.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help On IELTS Remark / The condom Museum and other strange museums in the world / (leaked Video) Father Beats Boy Caught Sleeping With His 13-year-old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.