Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Artiste Focus: Godwon (why He Is Nigeria's Most Talented Rapper) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Artiste Focus: Godwon (why He Is Nigeria's Most Talented Rapper) (2039 Views)

This Is Why Mercy Johnson Is The Most Talented Nollywood Actress (Photo) / PROF PELLER, The Enchanting Story Of Nigeria’s Most Famous Magician [PHOTOS] / Godwon And Sauce Kid and MI Starts Twitter War!!!!!!!!!!! (PIX ATTACHED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Artiste Focus: Godwon (why He Is Nigeria's Most Talented Rapper) by entadaplace: 9:47am On Sep 11, 2013
In the wake of all these rap diss tracks flying around as a result of the top ten most talented rapper thingy written by notjustok.com. Godwon voiced his opinion in his track Over Analyse, good to know that Sinzu was quick to reply him. My point is, being talented is different from being the fans favourite. D'banj is my best African Artiste i can never say he is a talented singer. Bez is far from attaining big things yet he remains one of the best in the industry. I personally do not think any top ten most talented rapper in Nigeria is complete without Godwon, a man once tipped to achieve more than the incredible MMG's Wale Folarin. A prophet gets no respect in his homeland they say, i wonder if moving back to Nigeria was best for him. With all due respect Godwon completes my top three Nigerian rappers, with MI and Modenine above him any how you want to.

Here is a little i could get on him:

Neyu Godwon Nyan, simply known as Godwon, is a full-blown KD boy, born and raised in Zaria - Kaduna - till he was 9, when his family moved to Houston, Texas.

Music to Godwon is a passion. His music career took a turn in a positive direction when he won the Eminem Freestyle Battle in Houston, Texas. The competition was a big television show recorded for a major network and was shown across the United States. After he won that competition, a lot of doors open for him; he got signed by an independent music label in the US called To The Top Entertainment and his career suddenly blossomed. There after, he started doing freestyle and intros for some notable radio DJs and also got called up to write songs for different artistes including those on jay Z’s label.

So far, he has released three albums and has some mixtapes in the US and is a member of BET Hiphop Awards voting Alumni.

His exodus back to Nigeria was inspired by the growth in the music industry; encouragement and inspiration from notable industry veterans aided his decision to come home with guns blazing.

SOurce
Re: Artiste Focus: Godwon (why He Is Nigeria's Most Talented Rapper) by Nobody: 3:19am On Sep 12, 2013
Maybe u wish u were ,for me best nigeria rapper is no other person than ICE PRINCE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Pictures Of Naked Ethiopian Men: Viewers Discretion Is Advised / USA Today Profiles Tiwa Savage / Photos: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes' Traditional Engagement Ceremony In Ango'a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.