Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri (9828 Views)

Aisha Babangida Gets Gold Plated Customized Utensils As Gifts From Malivehood / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks / GEJ's Aide Reno Omokri & Osinbajo At Twitter War Over Kano Rally Crowd- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by ochejoseph(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
The presidency debunked news making rounds that the federal government plans to Buy customised gold plated iphones ,
a statement via his twitter handle special assistant to the president on New Media Reno Omokri reads :''Be advised that the story that the Nigerian Government has ordered 53 Gold iPhones is false. There is no truth to the story whatsoever''.
@renoomokri

Premium times ,sahara reporters and other online media platforms had published same earlier today without cross checking their sources and facts .

The UK’s Independent newspaper has retracted it's statement that the Nigerian government ordered 53 Gold phones to celebrate independence while interviewing the founder of Gold and Co, Amjad Ali

Below is the corrected statement

Basic models in gold or rose gold cost from £3,000. Ali says he is fulfilling an order from a [size=14pt]Nigerian individual[/size] for 53 gold iPhones to mark the country’s 53rd year of independence from Britain next month.

while the previous was

Basic models in gold or rose gold cost from £3,000. Ali says he is fulfilling an order from the [size=14pt]Nigerian government[/size] for 53 gold iPhones to mark the country’s 53rd year of independence from Britain next month.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/yours-for-up-to-50000-the-real-gold-iphone-5s-outshining-apples-new-release-8807520.html

In a twitter exchange between the company and a Nigerian social activist, Henry Okelue (@4eyedmonk), the London-based company denied claims by Independent newspaper that it got the order directly from the government, saying the order came from a private individual

https://twitter.com/goldandco/status/377784296393957376

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Expensive72(m): 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
That news must be a handy work of APC & their allies like Sahara reporter shocked[b][/b]

8 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Tolexander: 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
Not yet convinced!

Exactly how Reuben Abati came to debunk the story of Patience Jonathan being hospitalised in germany until she came to tell us she was dead 7times.

http://www.channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2390-patience-jonathan-not-sick-shes-only-resting-abroad-presidency

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/fg-debunks-rumour-of-first-ladys-illness/

32 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by wheelbarrow: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
Reno tells lies for a living...

grin

10 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Trut(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
Without being told, you should have known that that story is a POOOOO that comes from the opposition.
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
The rejoinder is scanty. I expect something more detailed.
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by plaindealer: 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The rejoinder is scanty. I expect something more detailed.

Don't we all know why it's scanty? They don't have anything to support their denial with and the story remains the gospel truth.

The denial has nothing to do with truth or false, they just have to say and lie about something as usual..
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by bloggernaija: 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nonsense.
THIS ORDER WAS MADE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

1 THE INEPT AND INCOMPETENT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
2 THIEVING PDP POLITICIANS
3 PARASITIC BUSINESSMEN AND POLICIANS AROUND THE PRESIDENCY
4 OIL BUNKERERS
5 CRIMINAL EXPARTRIATE BUSINESSMEN (LEBANESE,SYRIANS,INDIANS) WHO SURROUND THE PRESIDENCY.
6 CIVIL SERVANTS IN THE PRESIDENCY

MOST LIKELY , THE ANSWER IS THE PRESIDENCY.
THIS BEARS THE FINGERPRINT OF THE NIGER DELTA'S EXCESSES AND CORRUPTION.
THE SENSELESS AND ELITIST BEHAVIOURS LEARNT FROM TNE POLO RIDING ELITES OF THE NORTH WHO SIMPLY HAVE NO SHAME CONSIDERING THE POVERTY SURROUNDING THEM.
ALL THE SAME, IF NOT FROM THE PRESIDENCY, THE FACT REMAINS THAT IT IS THE COUNTRY'S MONEY THAT IS BEING WASTED AND STOLEN BY A ROTTEN ESTABLISHMENT

1 Like

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
bloggernaija: Nonsense.
THIS ORDER WAS MADE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

1 THE INEPT AND INCOMPETENT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
2 THIEVING PDP POLITICIANS
3 PARASITIC BUSINESSMEN AND POLICIANS AROUND THE PRESIDENCY
4 OIL BUNKERERS
5 CRIMINAL EXPARTRIATE BUSINESSMEN (LEBANESE,SYRIANS,INDIANS) WHO SURROUND THE PRESIDENCY.
6 CIVIL SERVANTS IN THE PRESIDENCY

MOST LIKELY , THE ANSWER IS THE PRESIDENCY.
THIS BEARS THE FINGERPRINT OF THE NIGER DELTA'S EXCESSES AND CORRUPTION.
THE SENSELESS AND ELITIST BEHAVIOURS LEARNT FROM TNE POLO RIDING ELITES OF THE NORTH WHO SIMPLY HAVE NO SHAME CONSIDERING THE POVERTY SURROUNDING THEM.
ALL THE SAME, IF NOT FROM THE PRESIDENCY, THE FACT REMAINS THAT IT IS THE COUNTRY'S MONEY THAT IS BEING WASTED AND STOLEN BY A ROTTEN ESTABLISHMENT
I dont have time for endless emotional arguements. Lets deal with the FACTS.

The centenary celebration is FG initiated BUT it is purely private sector driven and govt will not be spending a kobo on the celebration. Pius Anyim, while briefing the house of reps committee on the proposed centenary celebration, said "Nigeria’s planned centenary celebration will be wholesomely funded by the private sector, and will receive no government “kobo”
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116444-nigerias-centenary-celebration-will-provide-15000-jobs-cost-no-kobo-anyim.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/why-centenary-celebration-is-dear-to-nigeria-fg/

That is the FACT.

APC e-warriors can continue their propaganda, lies and mischief BUT in the end, TRUTH shall prevail.

7 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by homesteady(m): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
I also had doubts about that reports,
But let them come out and debunk the story fully
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by biafranqueen: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

The centenary celebration is FG initiated BUT it is purely private sector driven and govt will not be spending a kobo on the celebration. Pius Anyim, while briefing the house of reps committee on the proposed centenary celebration, said "Nigeria’s planned centenary celebration will be wholesomely funded by the private sector, and will receive no government “kobo”
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116444-nigerias-centenary-celebration-will-provide-15000-jobs-cost-no-kobo-anyim.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/why-centenary-celebration-is-dear-to-nigeria-fg/

That is the FACT.

APC e-warriors can continue their propaganda, lies and mischief BUT in the end, TRUTH shall prevail.
makes sense have several clients that would love to promote their brand to a room of Nigerian Poli Tics

1 Like

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by takedat(m): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

That is the FACT.

Spin Doctors do occasionally come across herculean surgical tasks. This damage-control PR cannot work. The centenary celebration is next year, the 53 iphones ordered are for the forthcoming 53rd independence celebration.

"But the author of the story, Simon Usborne, insists that he reported what he was told by Mr.Ali when asked about the denial on Gold and Co. 'I can only corfirm what the boss of @goldandco told me,' he said. He also suggested that Gold and Co is desperately trying to re-script the interview after the fact and probably to assuage the attention and angry reaction the story has attracted from Nigerians on social media."
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144539-controversy-trails-purchase-gold-plated-iphones-nigeria-british-company-retracts-claim.html

the media aides and the boss of the luxury products company don see mumu.

5 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by fiscalcliff: 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
As usual,political jobbers like Insincere Nigerian and the rest of the FG laptop militia have started to pin this story which broke in the British press to the opposition's desperate attempt to blackmail their Ali Baba principal and his lieutenants
Pray is the UK Independent newspaper now owned by the APC or New PDP?
Retraction or not,The FG should know we don't believe their dennial

6 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by takedat(m): 12:36am On Sep 12, 2013
The interview was not free. It was conducted and published by UK's The Independent to help promote his business. Based on the reaction that greeted the earlier published interview, the business owner(Mr. Ali) retracted from his earlier stance to help save face and protect the image of his client(Nigerian Government) and The Independent complied. The business owner suffers from 'foot and mouth syndrome'. The typical symptoms are shoot and scoot, deny, and accuse the media of misquoting or quoting out.

The hard-to-sell denial was expected, those gullible to the point of self destruction will surely buy it.

8 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by taharqa: 12:48am On Sep 12, 2013
@take dat, give it a rest. Like I askd you in d morning on that other thread: are you sure the Govt was d body paying for the Iphones?? I specifically askd d question cos I had read smwhere previously that d Govt was not going to spend money on the Centenary Celebrations but a committee of Private Cops/Individuals set up by Sec of FG were meant to source and foot d cost of d celebrations. You never answered d question
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by takedat(m): 12:54am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: @take dat, give it a rest. Like I askd you in d morning on that other thread: are you sure the Govt was d body paying for the Iphones?? I specifically askd d question cos I had read smwhere previously that d Govt was not going to spend money on the Centenary Celebrations but a committee of Private Cops/Individuals set up by Sec of FG were meant to source and foot d cost of d celebrations. You never answered d question
I was unaware of your question. 53 iphones for 53rd Independence celebration not Centenary celebration.

5 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by taharqa: 1:11am On Sep 12, 2013
take dat: I was unaware of your question. 53 iphones for 53rd Independence celebration not Centenary celebration.
The question is there. You may want to look it up yrself now if you want to.... The 53 Gifts d Govt is planning to give to 53 'Deserved' Individuals is actuali to mark d Centenary Anniversay, not ordinary Independence day. At least that was want I read sm time ago... Although, this may not even by related to it at all anyways
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by HarvardGrad: 2:13am On Sep 12, 2013
The Government of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is a waste of Human Capital.

2 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by BabaEleko(m): 5:13am On Sep 12, 2013
Just like they denied that her senselency was sick. They told us she was laying on a mat, sipping coconut juice on the beach abroad only for her to come back to tell us she visited Jesus and came back. PDP and all her allies are nothing to take serious.

4 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by bloggernaija: 5:26am On Sep 12, 2013
The squad's laptops are overheating.
This has the smell of the Niger delta /northern abacha type politician written all over it .
People who shamelessly spend stolen money inspite of the poverty surrounding them.
Apart from his private jets (which doubles up as kabu kabu) and yatch,do you ever hear of dangote spending Money like this.
Do you see otudeko building a tasteless house like orji kalu despite the fact that he can buy him many times over?
Do you see fashola buying a private jet with taxpayer's money
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 12, 2013
take dat: Spin Doctors do occasionally come across herculean surgical tasks. This damage-control PR cannot work. The centenary celebration is next year, the 53 iphones ordered are for the forthcoming 53rd independence celebration.

"But the author of the story, Simon Usborne, insists that he reported what he was told by Mr.Ali when asked about the denial on Gold and Co. 'I can only corfirm what the boss of @goldandco told me,' he said. He also suggested that Gold and Co is desperately trying to re-script the interview after the fact and probably to assuage the attention and angry reaction the story has attracted from Nigerians on social media."
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144539-controversy-trails-purchase-gold-plated-iphones-nigeria-british-company-retracts-claim.html

the media aides and the boss of the luxury products company don see mumu.
If you call another person spin doctor, what then do we call you? Spin doctor master?

Well, I dont expect you and your fellow Tinubu's boys to admit the TRUTH now because that will be conceding POLITICAL OWN-GOAL.

Whether you like it or not, Gold and Co, the luxury product company quoted in the false report, has denied the report. The company in response to the report, wrote “these have been ordered not by the government but by an individual who is gifting them to people there to celebrate the [53rd Anniversary],”

The President’s social media aide, Reno Omokri, has also denied the ridiculous report. He wrote “Be advised that the story that the Nigerian Government has ordered 53 Gold iPhones is false. There is no truth to the story whatsoever.”

The Press Secretary to the Minister of Information, Joseph Mutah, also debunked the report. He said
"we have never heard of anything like that. The story is utterly false and mischievous, there is no any order like that at least by this government,”

Even long before this controversy, in January this year, the FG stated categorically that it will not spend one kobo on the centenary celebration. Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Pius Anyim, while briefing the house of reps committee on the proposed centenary celebration said "Nigeria’s planned centenary celebration will be wholesomely funded by the private sector, and will receive no government “kobo”

We know its not politically convenient for you to admit the TRUTH, but the TRUTH stands whether you believe it or not.

I'll continue to advice you and your fellow Tinubu boys that you cant win 2015 elections with lies and propaganda. TRUTH shall always prevail over lies and propaganda. Few days ago, someone opened a thread on a non-existing FG railway project. Many of the FRESH AIR team on NL did not buy the idea of celebrating non-existing project or lies. We expressed doubts over the existence of that project until it was confirmed that the project never existed. That is the way to go. Stay with the TRUTH and it shall set you free.

1 Like

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by takedat(m): 6:52am On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
If you call another person spin doctor, what then do we call you? Spin doctor master?

Well, I dont expect you and your fellow Tinubu's boys to admit the TRUTH now because that will be conceding POLITICAL OWN-GOAL.

Whether you like it or not, Gold and Co, the luxury product company quoted in the false report, has denied the report. The company in response to the report, wrote “these have been ordered not by the government but by an individual who is gifting them to people there to celebrate the [53rd Anniversary],”

The President’s social media aide, Reno Omokri, has also denied the ridiculous report. He wrote “Be advised that the story that the Nigerian Government has ordered 53 Gold iPhones is false. There is no truth to the story whatsoever.”

The Press Secretary to the Minister of Information, Joseph Mutah, also debunked the report. He said
"we have never heard of anything like that. The story is utterly false and mischievous, there is no any order like that at least by this government,”

Even long before this controversy, in January this year, the FG stated categorically that it will not spend one kobo on the centenary celebration. Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Pius Anyim, while briefing the house of reps committee on the proposed centenary celebration said "Nigeria’s planned centenary celebration will be wholesomely funded by the private sector, and will receive no government “kobo”

We know its not politically convenient for you to admit the TRUTH, but the TRUTH stands whether you believe it or not.

I'll continue to advice you and your fellow Tinubu boys that you cant win 2015 elections with lies and propaganda. TRUTH shall always prevail over lies and propaganda. Few days ago, someone opened a thread on a non-existing FG railway project. Many of the FRESH AIR team on NL did not buy the idea of celebrating non-existing project or lies. We expressed doubts over the existence of that project until it was confirmed that the project never existed. That is the way to go. Stay with the TRUTH and it shall set you free.
Doc, you don vex for megrin I tried to read past the first paragraph and then stopped. As was expected, just another empty of substance tirade and fruitless effort to counteract unfavorable publicity, half truths, repetition of lies, name-calling and infantile propaganda. I quoted and stand by the author of the story who has remained faithful to the original story, insisting that he reported what he was told by Mr. Ali. I'll leave you to continue with the rather little-too-late crisis management. TRUTH is treason in the empire of Falsehood.

Btw, the exclusive title of Spin Doctor Master is your Right. Nobody does it better than you do, I am still 'receiving training from you' , your Excellency!

3 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Pataki: 8:01am On Sep 12, 2013
Foolish lies by the FG.

Abati lied about Patience and was disgraced by the truth coming from Patience herself.

Reno lied about Transparency International and was disgraced on NL.

Retardeen lied on CNN about Nigerians in Lagos enjoying power supply, and was utterly disgraced by Nigerians.

Here again, these satanic children are spinning lies again.

Ye are of your father the devil!

11 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 12, 2013
Pataki: Foolish lies by the FG.

Abati lied about Patience and was disgraced by the truth coming from Patience herself.

Reno lied about Transparency International and was disgraced on NL.

Retardeen lied on CNN about Nigerians in Lagos enjoying power supply, and was utterly disgraced by Nigerians.

Here again, these satanic children are spinning lies again.

Ye are of your father the devil!
What is the purpose of your emotional outburst? Desperation and frustration is driving some people crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by gbanikiti(m): 8:38am On Sep 12, 2013
Who are they going to give the 53 gold plated iphones?

1 Like

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Pataki: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2013
gbanikiti: Who are they going to give the 53 gold plated iphones?

They are sharing it amongst themselves.

We have seen how an Oritsejafor was blessed with a private jet in the presence of our satanic president.

We have seen how an Okupe was given a brand new BMW from our satanic presidency.

In 2011, we saw how this same satanic president gathered journalists inside an hotel and started handling out Samsung galaxy products and brown envelopes to journalists.

In 2010, we saw how the likes of Bakare rejected $50,000 US Dollars from this same president as transportation allowance.

Recently another ex-militant has been blessed with a private jet from this same satanic president.

Possibly, these 53 ipones are meant to appease the new PDP.

Nothing is beyond the reach and wide coverage of corruption with this satanic government and president.

3 Likes

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Pataki: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2013
biafranqueen:
makes sense have several clients that would love to promote their brand to a room of Nigerian Poli Tics

Oh really?? Do you people just have a penchant for ignorance or you just rather enjoy spewing lies like agent lucifer?

Who are the several clients that will identify with corrupt politicians to promote their brand?

Are you lot oblivious to how these associations with corrupt Nigerians affect their international transparency ratings globally?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Idris Wada / PDP NWC Likely To Pass A Vote Of No Confidence On Secondus / President Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.