Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Her Excessive Spending Habit - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Excessive Spending Habit (1642 Views)

See The Latest Lie In Town To Avoid Spending Money / Man Divorces His Wife Over Her Excessive Sexual Desires / Man Divorces Wife Over Her ‘excessive And Insatiable Desire’ For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Excessive Spending Habit by ax2bx4: 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
I just need your candid views on this matter. My fiancee, we've been dating serously for 3yrs. Recently, I had some serious cash flow coming in and I decided to spoil her a bit. Ever since then, she's been too materialistic for my likings. Consider the following cases:

- I hate going to the cinemas with her, cos she MUST always want to stop at shoprite.
- She cannot go to a supermarket and not spend at least 20k
-Even if u make a list of what to buy, just rest assured the list is useless, because she would pick way more
than you budgeted for.

Stuffs like this are not too bad, but the frequency of it pisses me off. Just today, we were supposed to buy just chicken and salad cream, but on getting to the supermarket, she started picking this, picking that . . . stuffs we don't even need. I was mad, why cant we just get what we came for and leave, is it all the time we must fill up the trolley? She said, is it because your finances are down, you are shouting on me? How can we come to a supermarket and spend just 2000?

I got so pissed, left her there, and drove straight home. When did spending at a supermarket become a competition?
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by 190theclown: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
thats her true nature!!

shes been pretending and now the cash came in shes bought her actual self out

Drive am before she wreck you oh!!

save for the raining days my broda nor let Naija girl send you go 6feet grin
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by ax2bx4: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
190-the-clown:
thats her true nature!!

save for the raining days my broda grin

Always on point, as usual !!!
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by daisyella: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
ax2bx4: I just need your candid views on this matter. My fiancee, we've been dating serously for 3yrs. Recently, I had some serious cash flow coming in and I decided to spoil her a bit. Ever since then, she's been too materialistic for my likings. Consider the following cases:

- I hate going to the cinemas with her, cos she MUST always want to stop at shoprite.
- She cannot go to a supermarket and not spend at least 20k
-Even if u make a list of what to buy, just rest assured the list is useless, because she would pick way more
than you budgeted for.

Stuffs like this are not too bad, but the frequency of it pisses me off. Just today, we were supposed to buy just chicken and salad cream, but on getting to the supermarket, she started picking this, picking that . . . stuffs we don't even need. I was mad, why cant we just get what we came for and leave, is it all the time we must fill up the trolley? She said, is it because your finances are down, you are shouting on me? How can we come to a supermarket and spend just 2000?

I got so pissed, left her there, and drove straight home. When did spending at a supermarket become a competition?
op have u tried talking to her abt d fact u don't like her spending habit? if she spends like that, will she be able to save @ all?
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Enegod(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
she is not a wife material..thank your God she is now showing her true colour..
Also thank your God you haven't married her

1 Like

Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Coefficient(m): 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
190-the-clown:
thats her true nature!!

shes been pretending and now the cash came in shes bought her actual self out

Drive am before she wreck you oh!!

save for the raining days my broda nor let Naija girl send you go 6feet grin

You never disappoint on issues like this. grin
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by 190theclown: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
ax2bx4:

Always on point, as usual !!!

Coefficient:

You never disappoint on issues like this. grin

you guys dont even know me embarassed embarassed
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by didicold(f): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
@190
what happened to you, did u have a life changing epiphany or what?lol
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Amya(f): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
If you love her, talk to her. Her behaviour is not etched in stone.
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by DukeNija(m): 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
Amya: If you love her, talk to her. Her behaviour is not etched in stone.

I'm afraid this is one behaviour carved in stone
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by ax2bx4: 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
Amya: If you love her, talk to her. Her behaviour is not etched in stone.

i've tried oh, dis chic can blow 1millz in 1hr . . . if she she sees it.
It's just as if her sole intention is to make me go "bankrupt"
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by andyanders: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
my brother, take a walk cus, she will abandon you if you go down. She can even start sleeping out in order to meet up her demand.

Go look for someone that will be able to even caution your spending habit.When you have a lady even asking you : how come you just wanna spend only 2k, then run away from her. Thank your God you are just dating now.
There are better ones out there but ask God to show you your woman when you are ready to settle down. The worst investment you go into is, marrying a bad woman as that will confine you to sorrow for the rest of your life.

1 Like

Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:07am On Sep 12, 2013
Anytime u draw up a list for items u guys want, just calculate the cost and give her almost d amt to hold for the shopping, Show her ur wallet and empty pocket, but try to hide some money though with u jst incase, but make sure she hold the money for the items to be bought and let know ur not with any more money at all, Am sure with that, u can put her back in track gradually, But if she ever buys more than the cash with her, Just push her out of ur life and move on.
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 12, 2013
There is nothing to love in that woman. Just kick her out of your life and find someone responsible. And learn how to keep ur mouth shut, and ur money in ur pockets when u start another relationship. Money is meant to be invested and not to be wasted on babes.
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by AlyricistLaura: 4:20am On Sep 12, 2013
tpacalipse: There is nothing to love in that woman. Just kick her out of your life and find someone responsible. And learn how to keep ur mouth shut, and ur money in ur pockets when u start another relationship. Money is meant to be invested and not to be wasted on babes.

I swear some naija chick must have dogged you out bad, everytime i visit this forum you are spitting bitter venom about Women

Always Lecturing some poor sap about losing his funds on a Woman

Some Woman out in Lagos Must have Destroyed You
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
I am starting to believe that we cannot change people.

DATE or MARRY the kind of person we want, we like and can tolerate.

When we say talk to her about this and that, I feel it doesnt usually work.

Just saying sha...

2 Likes

Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by haryor1986(m): 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
Go invest ur money on tangible things bro. Dis ur lady na money waster oooo. Invest 4 ur future. Nobody knws 2moro
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Ngokafor(f): 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
...another whinner on the loose!! angry....fiancée indeed!!..@op you sound so childish!!!...more like a 10yr old!!..

...instead of manning up and talking to your girl like the adult you are meant to be,you are here whinning and running her down....so cowardly and immature!
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
You said you just hit some cash, what was it like when there was no/little cash?
Was she behaving this way too on top the little that was available?
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
Guy, apply your brain here. She's been with you for 3 years...when you were next to nothing. There's nothing major wrong with her, it's just the nouveau riche palava.

Take it easy, she'll adjust with time.
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
Fine, she may be an impulsive buyer but you left her there??!!! C'mon. That's harsh!
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by ax2bx4: 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ngokafor: ...another whinner on the loose!! angry....fiancée indeed!!..@op you sound so childish!!!...more like a 10yr old!!..

...instead of manning up and talking to your girl like the adult you are meant to be,you are here whinning and running her down....so cowardly and immature!

And what have gained
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by ax2bx4: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
fluid26: Guy, apply your brain here. She's been with you for 3 years...when you were next to nothing. There's nothing major wrong with her, it's just the nouveau riche palava.

Take it easy, she'll adjust with time.

And i'll take this advice !!!! And see how it goes, before i consider the 190-style
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Women are usually like little babies. You are the ENFORCER.

There's nothing to react against here. Don't pay for what you don't want to buy. Case closed.

Women are generally quite malleable, depending on what YOU will accept.
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
Err, just do what mine does; say 'no'. It doesn't end anything but my questioning undecided

1 Like

Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
you've known her for 3 years and you expect we strangers to suddenly offer the solution, you are the one to know what to do, besides why not just put your foot down on the excesses.
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 13, 2013
Is called up-grading,Bros u are in trouble oo. this is coming from a woman d next chapter will be to decorate ur aparment,buy a car or change d one u are driving. Try and meet up or that's not ur class will be treading in ur house.To avoid too much grammer sit her down and map out d amt of money u guys will be spending at d end of a every wk.No go mess up after she carry hot love making disorganized ur brain.
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2013
Run Away!
Run Away!
Run Children!
Run For Your Life

Promise me when the chance comes
You'll run as fast as you can
Don't you dare look backwards
Run as fast as you can

cc. Gnarls Barkley - Run Lyrics
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by ax2bx4: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2013
nnennan2005@yah:
. . .No go mess up after she carry hot love making disorganized ur brain.
I had to laugh at that . . the Achilles' heel of most men.
Re: Her Excessive Spending Habit by MrsMango(f): 11:30am On Sep 13, 2013
Op,she's gonna ruin you!

(1) (Reply)

I'm fond of My Ops Manager / Three Girlfriends Turn Up At Airport To Confront Boyfriend / What's Your Definiton Of A Perfect Date...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.