Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,938 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" (24785 Views)

Stowaway Daniel Ohikhena, Resumes School With Security Men / Group Offers Stowaway Teenager A Scholarship / DSS Questions Mother Of Stowaway Teenager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by luvola(m): 6:01am On Sep 12, 2013
source : http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/arik-stowaway-daniel-ohikhena-i-am.html

Ricky Daniel Ohikhena the stowaway teenager, who, on 24th of August, this year hid in a wheel well of an Arik Air craft from Benin to Lagos, has said he did was not aware that he took a risk when he did that, promising not to do it again.

“I regret it. I want to go home, I am tired.” On his dream, the boy said: “I will be happy to train as an engineer.”

The young Ohikhena, had since his return from Lagos two weeks ago, been held up in a building in the company of security personnel in the Government House, Benin City.

Speaking to journalists, the apparently home-sick boy requested that he should be allowed to go home with his mother to enable him resume school.

Master Ohikhena said he was happy with the award of scholarship to him by De Rauf Foundation and Edo state Government.

He said he was terrified when he was arrested on arrival in Lagos from Benin, adding that he was not maltreated but given good food where he was kept.

He told journalists that he was questioned in Lagos and in Benin, revealing that he returned to Benin by road with three armed security men.
He said that on the return trip to Benin and even at his present location, he was being treated well with “good food,” but that since school has resumed, he would want to go home.

Meanwhile, Master Ohikhena has secured admission in one of the state’s top secondary schools for 13-year-old Daniel Ohikhena by the Edo state Government.

The State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole made this disclosure during the visit of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Managing Director Mr George Uriesi and other FAAN Management team to him at the Government House, Benin City, yesterday.

According to the Governor, “without meaning to encourage anyone else, we decided to support him by sending him to one of the top secondary schools in Edo State that is owned by the Government. The reason for opting for a boarding school is that we think that there is need to closely watch him which his parents could not do.

“He is an intelligent young man with uncommon challenges, but one that has a vision. We had him examined by people who should know and the result confirmed that he is normal.

“This incident was probably the kind of trigger that we needed to improve the facilities at our Airports. You are never going to have all the money you need to do all you have to do. You should start from somewhere,” he noted.

Oshiomhole added: “It is also a security issue that we do not have any runway security lights at the Benin Airport.”

http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/arik-stowaway-daniel-ohikhena-i-am.html

1 Like

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by psucc(m): 6:12am On Sep 12, 2013
At last, we have Governors that reason beyond self. I appreciate Rauf and Oshobaba for this feat. God bless them.

10 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Confusionist(m): 6:28am On Sep 12, 2013
U av been eating good food in Lagos o!
If u like, wen u grow a bit older, join Nairaland, join the bigots and start abusing Lagos and callin us parasites! Na same same!

Na that our pepper wey u eat for lagos go judge una grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by wheelbarrow: 6:37am On Sep 12, 2013
You get luck say you be underage.

When soldier and mopol for whip your yansh till stew comot from your ear you go forget say ya papa get house.

Anyway, I forgive you.

Go and seen no more.

Jesus loves you.

cool

11 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by fr3do(m): 6:37am On Sep 12, 2013
Confusionist: U av been eating good food in Lagos o!
If u like, wen u grow a bit older, join Nairaland, join the bigots and start abusing Lagos and callin us parasites! Na same same!

grin
the binis have close ties with the yorubas na.

@post
the idea of putting him in a boarding is 'gold'.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by GenWOJUOLA(m): 6:40am On Sep 12, 2013
Ehya....london dream gone sour!

1 Like

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by goldfish80(m): 6:42am On Sep 12, 2013
They should allow the boy go,what else do they want from him?

1 Like

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Rexphobia(m): 6:43am On Sep 12, 2013
Here is my take.

The reason for opting for a boarding school is that we think that there is need to closely watch him which his parents could not do.

Why judge the parents based on a single issue? Or we now have child support and welfare structure in Nigeria.?

Teenagers now believe they are so smart and invisible. Don't hang the parents already. At least he has a sister that is also 'normal'

Good Morning.

6 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Chimezie198(m): 6:45am On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Mucokey(m): 6:48am On Sep 12, 2013
Copy him to ur own peril

1 Like

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 12, 2013
You miss home
Then why did you run away?
Abi na ur mama send you before?
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 12, 2013
Another blogger...
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Tolexander: 6:51am On Sep 12, 2013
This is the problem about nigeria.

A boy stayed hidden in a plane tyre for minutes and was docked.

It is very obvious this guy will be good in airforce or as an air detective and should be trained in those lines

9 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by resdan(m): 6:52am On Sep 12, 2013
Bad belle pple don come again o
Nonso23: All these oshiomole is saying are mere sentiments.. okay you have given him the scholarship... let him go on his way... Drawing attention to your person as a governor that is supposedly interested in the welfare of your people is not necessary...Besides, no one needs to advertise a candle light lit in a dark room... unless he has plans for 2015; then I understand.... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by emmymdk: 6:53am On Sep 12, 2013
Lol.... U no want fly again? U from Benin and U will fly again. tongue make Una free the young man joor
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by sunday478(m): 6:53am On Sep 12, 2013
That a good plan. But the should free the guy. maybe the thought the are holding a celeb.
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by crackhaus: 6:53am On Sep 12, 2013

Nigga shut up!

16 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by SlyIg(f): 6:55am On Sep 12, 2013
Nairacity ni ...
Nairaland ko ...
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 12, 2013
gringringrin;
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by albiol: 6:57am On Sep 12, 2013
I think they should allow the boy's parent to decide what they wish for their child be it go to a boarding skool or stay at home why should be deciding for them
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by malele(m): 6:57am On Sep 12, 2013

Useless boy
Lolll

1 Like

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by crackhaus: 6:57am On Sep 12, 2013
I would have said something but it doesn't fit this situation
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 12, 2013
abeg make una free d guy make im dey go im mama house. Rabbish!

1 Like

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 12, 2013
Maybe they want him construct an airplane for them before they release him, or perhaps they're enjoying his company, cos i dont know what else they could possibly want from that child oh.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Pasidon(m): 7:00am On Sep 12, 2013
so person dey get scholarship these days by just hiding in an aircraft wheel..... Lagos here i come

2 Likes

Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by israel007: 7:00am On Sep 12, 2013
Mucokey: Copy him to ur own peril

You mean 'at your own'?
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by Confusionist(m): 7:01am On Sep 12, 2013
crackhaus:
Nigga shut up!
hey gay!!
Can't a dude just joke anymore? grin
Re: Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" by DankemzI(m): 7:01am On Sep 12, 2013
So After graduating from secondary school, what happens? Is the scholarship till tertiary level?? Probably Uniben?. Nigeria has a long way to go... When in the western world CIA,FBI,SWAT etc, will be rushing to train,educate,recruit de boy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Melaye - Police Confirm Rearrest Of Three Suspects Who Escaped From Custody / 2023: Atiku Employs 19 SANs To Challenge Tinubu’s Victory / Anyone Complaining About Hardship In Nigeria Is Not Being Realistic – Isa-Onilu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.