Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible (9192 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2013
The Holy Bible is considered by many the infallible word of God. It was not just written by man, but rather written by God through man.

This book is the cornerstone to the Christian and Judaic religions, without this book, they have nothing to hold their beliefs to. With these two things in mind, one would think that it would have to be one heck of a book. Not only 100% correct in every manner, but chock full of
wonderful teachings, pleasant miracles by the all loving God, but scientifically tested and proven as a source of answers to the unknown mysteries of our earth and universe as well.

Well as you are about to see, there are a great many errors, contradictions, and misrepresentations as far as the scientific accuracy of the Bible. The stories are often
jumbled and don't match the other books. Don't just take my word for it, as always I encourage everyone to read the Bible to check what I say.

Genesis 2:17- But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt
not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Then it contradicts itself with;
Genesis 5:5- And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Does God not have respect to people?
Romans 2:11- For there is no respect of persons with God.

Acts 10:34- Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

Or does he?
Exodus 2:25- And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them.

2 Kings 13:23- And the LORD was gracious unto them, and had compassion on them, and had respect unto them, because of his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and would not destroy them, neither cast he them from his presence as yet.

God tempts no one
James 1:13- Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

God does tempt!
Genesis 22:1- And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

And why would Jesus ask this, if God tempts no one?
Matthew 6:13- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Israel shall be thy name
Genesis 35:10- And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name : and he called his name Israel.

Jacob! Jacob!
Genesis 46:2- And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I.

Whatever you do, don't make graven images. Don't you dare!
Exodus 20:4- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

But let me tell you the proper way to make some graven images.
Exodus 25:19- And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.

More contractions coming right up...stay tuned.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by ooman(m): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2013
xtianity and xtians are nothing any serious minded would take seriously. Every religion is a shame and should be ignored.

The dumb african xtians and muslims dont know they are modern slaves of the jews and arabs....

4 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2013
Baasha died in the 27th year of Asa's reign!

1 Kings 15:33- In the third year of Asa king of Judah began Baasha the son of Ahijah to reign over all Israel in Tirzah, twenty and four years

But then Baasha came against Judah AND built Ramah 9 years after he died!

2 Chronicles 16:1- In the six and thirtieth year of the reign of Asa Baasha king of Israel came up against Judah, and built Ramah , to the intent that he might let none go out or come in to Asa king of Judah.

2 Samuel 24:1- And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against
Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel
and Judah.

The contraction

1 Chronicles 21:1- And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

2 Kings 24:8- Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign , and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

The contraction

2 Chronicles 36:9- Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign , and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

There are a lot more from where those came from, but since my point's already been made and proven, I will pause here...for now.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2013
If it for contradiction in the bible, this thread is moving to 100 pages

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2013
ooman: xtianity and xtians are nothing any serious minded would take seriously. Every religion is a shame and should be ignored.

The dumb african xtians and muslims dont know they are modern slaves of the jews and arabs....

Exactly grin
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE: If it for contradiction in the bible, this thread is moving to 100 pages

For real!
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2013
ooman: xtianity and xtians are nothing any serious minded would take seriously. Every religion is a shame and should be ignored.

i wish i could give u a million likes for that....but take one and i will keep the rest lol
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2013
C'mon, Christians, come and explain why your Holy book is full of holes and contradictions.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2013
Those that compiled the bible didn't read it well first.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2013
[size=16pt]Two Accounts of Creation[/size]

If there is one thing to be said about the Bible, its that it doesn't waste time in contradicting itself. Technically the very first word of the Bible is the beginning of the first contradiction.

The very first thing the Bible covers is creation, and there are two accounts of creation in Genesis...two different accounts.

The first account starts at Genesis 1:1 and ends at Genesis 2:3.

The second account begins at Genesis
2:4
and ends at Genesis 2:25.

Now let's see how they differ.

The order of creation in the first account.

1. Heaven and Earth

2. Light (night and day)

3. Sky

4. Plants

5. Sun, moon, and stars

6. Fish and birds

7. Land animals

8. Man and woman at the same time

The order of creation in the second account

1. Man

2. Plants

3. Birds and land animals

4. Woman

There is a reason to this, as there is for many of the errors in the Bible. The first account originated in a time when man wanted to believe that they were God's pride and joy. That this world was made for mankind. God created everything, and made this nice little place for him to put his masterpiece...man.

The second account is from a time when men were seeking dominance over women, and justified it by saying man was God's original creation, and worked with God in
naming things. Then women were made from a left over part of a man. Women always get dumped on in the Bible.

5 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2013
Errors in the Creation

Aside from the obvious contradictions,
there are just a lot of things in this short section of the Bible that just doesn't make sense.

In Genesis 1:1 it says "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.", then later on in Genesis 1:8 it says "And God called the firmament Heaven."

So did he create heaven twice? Are there two heavens?undecided

I thought maybe the first statement was just saying what God did, then it was going to explain in detail how he created heaven and earth...but in Genesis 1:2 the earth has already been created. So I have to believe that there was a double creation of heaven.

On the first day, God created light. No problem there, right? But God didn't create any sources of light until the forth day. So did he only invent the concept of light on the first day, but no light was around until the forth day?

If he had light, as well as darkness, and light and day...then why did he have to make the sun, moon, and stars? No matter how you look at the subject of light during the creation, it just doesn't add up.

Sunlight brings us to another problem. We know the sun was created on the forth day...but plants were created on the third day. We know plants require sunlight to live, so why did God make these things in this backwards order?

Now if we take the literal time frame, and a day in creation as being a 24 hour period, the plant thing isn't a real problem...plants can survive 24 hours. But then the whole creation story loses credibility...who really believes the universe was created in less than a week? Not even most creationist believe this one.

That is why many people say that a day in the creation was 1,000 to 7,000 years (depending on who you ask). Name a plant that can live 7,000 years with perfect
conditions...much less with no sunlight.

Its amazing that anyone would try to get this stuff taught in class as a fact, do you believe it, with all of these errors? Be honest, church folks.

4 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 10:23am On Sep 12, 2013
Ray McBlue: C'mon, Christians, come and explain why your Holy book is full of holes and contradictions.

holy bible means bible full of holes grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2013
Sometimes the problem is not the people but English seems to give people problems.

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Sometimes the problem is not the people but English seems to give people problems.

What are you saying?

Are you implying that in during the course of it's English language translation, it lost some of it's relevancy?

Please, kindly elaborate.

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2013
@ Ray_bacblue dont let the christian hunt you with guns. you just got on their nerves lol

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 10:27am On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013:

An understatement, mate!
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 10:28am On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013: @ Ray_bacblue dont let the christian hunt you with guns. you just got on their nerves lol

Lol, I only want them to see the truth, that's all.wink

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Lol, I only want them to see the truth, that's all.wink

believe me they are not worth it bro, they are blind people....
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013:

believe me they are not worth it bro, they are blind people....

Some don't know that, though. Makes point of creating this topic worth the effort.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 10:37am On Sep 12, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Some don't know that, though. Makes point of creating this topic worth the effort.

it takes less effort to enslave people mentally but a mountain of effort to free their minds. Don't forget most of them were brainwashed while they were still babies.

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 10:42am On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013:

it takes less effort to enslave people mentally but a mountain of effort to free their minds. Don't forget most of them were brainwashed while they were still babies.

True...but it doesn't justify that they should be allowed to wallow in their ignorance, lest they infect you with it.

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2013
Ray McBlue:

What are you saying?

Are you implying that in during the course of it's English language translation, it lost some of it's relevancy?

Please, kindly elaborate.
No m saying that people are interpreting in wrongly....the op just came here with his contradictions, did he study the bible in ancient greek also? The english bible have references fron its original language.

It takes a fool to say there is no God, it takes a wise man to thoroughly study the good news.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 10:54am On Sep 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: No m saying that people are interpreting in wrongly....the op just came here with his contradictions, did he study the bible in ancient greek also? The english bible have references fron its original language.

Even in the original language, the content and meaning remained largely the same, so what's your point?

HumbledbYGrace: It takes a fool to say there is no God, it takes a wise man to thoroughly study the good news.

How about this; It takes a wise man to say there is no God, it takes a fool to believe there is God without some semblance of proof.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013:

it called Buy-Bull (crap)

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by nnofaith: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2013
why would an all knowing god bother himself with a flimsy thing like proof reading!

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RationalDude(m): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: No m saying that people are interpreting in wrongly....the op just came here with his contradictions, did he study the bible in ancient greek also? The english bible have references fron its original language
Madam, why don't you quote the op and then point out the verses that were not properly translated?
It takes a fool to say there is no God, it takes a wise man to thoroughly study the good news.
A god that can't be proven to exist? "God" is just an idea in our minds and um...... the bible contains zero good news.

3 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2013
nnofaith: why would an all knowing god bother himself with a flimsy thing like proof reading!

grin grin
Exactly!

Your sarcasm is epic!
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2013
RationalDude:
Madam, why don't you quote the op and then point out the verses that were not properly translated?
A god that can't be proven to exist? "God" is just an idea in our minds and um...... the bible contains zero good news.

She's just grasping at straws. Trying desperately to stay afloat, even though it's futile.

1 Like

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Ymodulus: 11:19am On Sep 12, 2013
Am so happy seeing this thread.

I wish most delusional christians would seat down to read the bible with open mind then they will see the thousands of contradiction.

I have point out several contradictions in the Quran and Bible. All this make me ask why do pple still take all this book serious?

Mind u. I will be bringing my contradictions soon.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Judas2013: 11:20am On Sep 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: No m saying that people are interpreting in wrongly....the op just came here with his contradictions, did he study the bible in ancient greek also? The english bible have references fron its original language.

good news?
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by RayMcBlue(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2013
Ymodulus: Mind u. I will be bringing my contradictions soon.

Looking forward to it, mate.

Meanwhile, my next topic will be focusing on Islam.
Re: Bible Babble - Contradictions In The Holy Bible by Ymodulus: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
------------------1----------------

GOD of WAR or GOD of PEACE.

EXODUS 15:3; For the LORD is a MAN of WAR, the LORD is his name.

ROMANS 15:33; now the god of peace be with you all

------------2------------------
IS JESUS GREATEr or LESSER than is FATHER?

JOHN 10:30; I and my father are one.

JOHN 14:28; for i go to my Father who is greater than I

------------3---------
AT WHAT TIME was JESUS cRUCIFIED?

Mark 15:25 says “And it was the third hour,
and they crucified him.”

John 19:14-16 says “…about the sixth
hour…they cried out…crucify him….Then
delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified.”

-----4------

DID SAUL daugther had a child?

2 Samuel 6:23 says “Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death”
2 Samuel 21:8 says “But the king took…the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul”

----5-----

WHO KILLED SAUL?

1 Samuel 31:4-6 says “…Saul took a sword and fell upon it. And when his armourbearer
saw that Saul was dead and…died with him. So Saul died…”
2 Samuel 21:12 says “…the Philistines had slain Saul in Gilboa.”

------6----

WHO has SEEN GOD

Gen 32:30 states,
“…for I have seen God face to face, and my
life is preserved.”
However, John 1:18
states, “No man hath seen God at any
time…”

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Discussion between Antiparticle and DoctorAlien on GOD / Let's Identify The Ways Satan Fight Christian Faith And Profer Solutions / Six Ways To Express Love For God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.