Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. (3149 Views)

7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage / Christian Brothers & Sisters!!! / I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. by enm(m): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2013
Good day to you all. Am guy who is single but will like to settle down soon, but the problem is right now am confused whether to go forward with my plan or not. I have a girl whom I love so much to the extent that am afraid to loose her despite her lacking but recently I have been seeing some signs and having dreams which are pressing so hard on me that I will be in for a hard time at the end of the day if I go ahead to marry her.

I once dream of meeting a lady whom in the dream I told that we should get married that if not for the problem of the world she would have been my wife. In that I see myself as a divorce man and someone who have gone through a lot.

The question is how do I go about praying effectively to God to know if it His will or not that I should my married my girlfriend and if it is not his will, how do I go about locating His ordained or chosen life partner for me as am afraid of marrying and divorcing later?

please this is no laughing matter and it will hurt my feeling if this topic is derail or my plight make nonsense of. If you feel differently from me just be matured about it and state your reason in a civilised way.

I will be very please if people with experience on this matter can share with us their experience
Re: How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. by DJDOLA(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2013
Do u want us 2 teach u how 2 pray or join u 2 find ur dream girl?
Re: How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. by mekzyjoe(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2013
Fast for one week...dry fasting n ur eyes will b open
cheesy
Re: How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. by made2fit(f): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2013
I'd ask u this question: how have you been praying for other issues of your life? Isn't it suprising that when it comes to the issue of marriage, we want God to speak to us via new channels?
Op, u can't desperately rush God to give you an answer. You have to use the same prayer and communication channels that has helped you resolve other issues of your life.
One last word, peace is a sign. When u have peace u'll know that's a go-ahead signal. It is well!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. by enm(m): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2013
made2fit: I'd ask u this question: how have you been praying for other issues of your life? Isn't it suprising that when it comes to the issue of marriage, we want God to speak to us via new channels?
Op, u can't desperately rush God to give you an answer. You have to use the same prayer and communication channels that has helped you resolve other issues of your life.
One last word, peace is a sign. When u have peace u'll know that's a go-ahead signal. It is well!

Is it peace of mind or around me ? If we are to go by peace that mean am still a long way from finding my life partner because my mind is seriously disturbed by some of the dream I dream which show me the future and am scared, hence me coming out to inquired from God.

And note I am someone who doesn't believe that we need to disturb God with our quest for a life partner but being mindful of what proverb 3 vs 5 to 6 said I have decided to come to God with it. And also my coming here is for me to avoid mistake and effectively seek God face because am christian but only attend church once in a while, am a christian but am still indulging in sin despite all effort to living righteously. So how can someone like me who recognised God but keep living in disobedience of God seek his face effectively.

If I seem desperate, it is because I don't want to continue facing and falling into temptation like fornication lust and adultery.
Re: How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. by made2fit(f): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
That is what I'm saying. Why are u bothered about your dream? In the past, do your dreams come to pass? If not ignore it. Dreams could be misleading and besides they can come from any source- you, God and devil. God will not give you a dream that cause chaos and confusion to u. Pray and cancel the dream and go ahead in life with a clear mind.
Re: How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. by made2fit(f): 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
Choosing a life partner for marriage is not as complicated as some people make it seem. The main characters to watch for are love and compatibility.
Use wisdom, be observant, pray and make your choice, believing God for the best.
Re: How Do I Pray For A Life Partner? Christian Brothers And Sisters Help Me Out. by tpia6: 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Help I Am Hearing Voice In My Head. / Abraham's Promised Land Is Sub-saharan Africa, With Proof / Scientific Errors In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.