Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (48021 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by joe4truth: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
fr_evangel:

Signs of the end time and the unveiling of the anti-christ
true talk,tanx bro.the wise shall understand.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by crosswire(m): 12:13am On Sep 18, 2013
For those BLINDLY opposing the Catholic Church.
Its not compulsory to be a Catholic. And for Catholics, faith comes before understanding.
So that once you have faith, you don't need explanations.
If you don't like the catholic church, you can find your way out. But don't keep poisoning minds with half truths you don't understand and do not care to.
Even though Saul had fallen away from God, David refused to kill him. Even if the Catholic church has made some errors, be carefull how you go about it.
If the Catholic FAITH leads people to hell, then thats exactly where i want to go to.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by crosswire(m): 12:15am On Sep 18, 2013
joe4truth: true talk,tanx bro.the wise shall understand.
It is not a crime to be foolish is it?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by nedu2000(m): 7:13am On Sep 18, 2013
crosswire:
If the Catholic FAITH leads people to hell, then thats exactly where i want to go to.
shocking shocked,this more or less settles the argument
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 11:07am On Sep 20, 2013
elampiro:

The Catholic priests should not have problem interpreting the catholic teachings. When that happens, it is no longer the Catholic church as handed over by the apostles.
are u sure u want to go there? Arius the oga of arianism was a catholic priest. Nestorius was a bishop, pelagius was a bishop and matin luther a priest. Do you mean that becos those guys couldnt interprete catholic teaching that means the church is nolonger of christ?
Jesus said the gates of hell will never prevail, u need to trust him
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by BERNIMOORE: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
jesus and other inspired men of God affirm the belief in God and keeping to what he commands as the only way to eternal life

but the so-called pope has his own version that oppose that, see them in black and white what the sacred scripture teaches;

Luke 10:25-28

25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, [size=18pt]“Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”[/size]

26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”

27 So he answered and said, “ [size=18pt]‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind[/size], and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”[i]

King James 2000 Bible
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter
: [size=18pt]Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.[/size]

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
jesus is dead.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by BERNIMOORE: 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
jesus is dead.

yeye-and-so called-pope-francis give you mouth talk, a beg yarn anything you want, grin grin grin grin grin grin if a stupid and a-supposed-or-would-be-a respected -man-of God-opened-his-mouth-[size=18pt]GBAU!!![/size]-to-say those nonesense in page-0, so why cant you a-myopic-irresponsible-and-a-non christian not talk-gboa!!! funny grin grin grin grin isn'nt it? endtime prophecy in fufilment. cheesy
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
you didnt understand me it seems.

jesus is dead.

THe Gods are immortal.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Noneroone(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
jesus is dead.
lord Jesus do not hold this sin against him.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
jesus be careful. dont cross my path or ill curse you.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by joe4truth: 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
crosswire:
It is not a crime to be foolish is it?
ignorant is not an excuse
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by rastarman(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2013
To every age,group, society. God always make a part for an instructor. Jesus is d way the truth and life.... In Greek/ArAmaic. The statement is a present tense. So Jesus is d only way to God. And that was then. All religion leads to God. All u need is to do what is the truth of your religion. No one perfectly will tell u all the full criteria for Judgement on the Judgement day. All religion just have their approach towards it.
Moreover, The firmament was called heavens. So Christian and Muslims which heavens are u going to. Astronauts have been to heaven before you then. They have travelled thru space ship. Pope Francis is a theologian. He needs to explain more... Cos of ambiguity. All I advice is do or best and leave the rest.

Finally.. God owns everything. All things is he. If u like be Babalawo. Christian. Muslim Hindu. We are all from God he owns everything. God is like energy... Which cannot be created nor destroyed but transformed from one form to another.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nauttyprof(m): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
The Pope forgot to read the story of Cornelius. Despite Cornelius being moral, giving arms and offering prayers, God had to step-in so that he gets it right by asking him to fetch for Peter. Peter on getting to his place had to first preach the gospel, which brought about the filling of the holyspirit and then baptism. If God still needed Peter to tell Cornelius the gospel, then an Atheist is not exempted.

The Pope just wants to be accepted by all and not truly following the mind of God.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by crosswire(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
joe4truth: ignorant is not an excuse
You said the only the WISE will understand, that Catholics are apparently foolish is not a crime, after all, Catholics are dumb and don't read the bible, and don't make research into history, and forged books and put them into the bible, and the Holy Spirit is not in the Catholic Church. Bro, its not our fault, we are just foolish, pls let us be.

Nauttyprof: The Pope just wants to be
accepted by all and not truly
following the mind of God.
i bet you are following the mind of God? Since the pope is the earthly head of the Church so catholics are also not following the mind of God. This is easy to understand since catholics know nothing about the scriptures and, of course, the Holy Spirit is not in the catholic church.
Go and read:
2 Peter 3:14-16
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by crosswire(m): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
joe4truth: true talk,tanx bro.the wise shall understand.

A bible verse for you:
Matthew 11:25
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nauttyprof(m): 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
crosswire:
i bet you are following the mind of God? Since the pope is the earthly head of the Church so catholics are also not following the mind of God. This is easy to understand since catholics know nothing about the scriptures and, of course, the Holy Spirit is not in the catholic church.
Go and read:
2 Peter 3:14-16

I read the Bible verse you quoted and it so much emphasize the place of God, so go read it yourself again and stop lifting a portion of the Bible without reading the verses before this.

Also, the mind of God is clearly written in His word so, stop taking it personal if I don't support the Pope. Besides, I never went against Catholucs as a whole, I only wasn't in support of the Pope's words. So, I choose to follow what God says in His word than follow the words of man. Man is fallible but his word guides and is right. I am not perfect but will choose His word anyday anytime.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by crosswire(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2013
Nauttyprof:
Also, the mind of God is clearly written in His word

I included verses 14-16 to better understand the context, but verse 16 is the main verse. If you read it well, a part says "There are some difficult things in his letters which ignorant and unstable people explain falsely as they do with other passages of the scriptures".
Note that the "letters" in question is "scripture" which I believe you also view as the word of God.
If it were "clearly" written then why did Peter say there were "difficult things" in the scripture.

Don't instantly judge what the pope says, i can't find a better way to say it.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
can anyone show me a place in the speech where pope francis said ''you don't need to believe in God to go to heaven?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ebukaOtika(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
"Ecclesia Loquita est" if you think you dont like or understand what the Pope Said ...... Why Not Ask For A Good Explanation..... Most People Are Gifted In Turning Messages Passed Across Upside Down Just To Point Fingers ...
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by uzoexcel(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Be careful!!!!!
PAGAN 9JA:
jesus be careful. dont cross my path or ill curse you.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nauttyprof(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
crosswire:

If it were "clearly" written then why did Peter say there were "difficult things" in the scripture.

Don't instantly judge what the pope says, i can't find a better way to say it.

This is one thing I won't support you on. Who was Peter referring to? To the same like-minds like himself? To the body of christ? There were people like the Pharisee (just as of Jesus' time), who couldn't just understand why the Apostles were gaining much popularity hence resolved to deceiving people with lies by not following what is written in the scripture since they only have the word but don't understand. Also, please could you help define an Atheist (if there is anyway I'm missing something in this post) and also give me the reason why God still wanted Peter to meet Cornelius despite he giving alms and offering prayers, if he could just walk by Conscience.

Also, what does John 3:16 mean and why would the Apostle write this - Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved?

Jesus is THE way to the Father (John 14:6). Not your conscience, not your self believe or whatever it is you have in place of Christ.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nauttyprof(m): 5:17am On Oct 09, 2013
ebuka Otika: "Ecclesia Loquita est" if you think you dont like or understand what the Pope Said ...... Why Not Ask For A Good Explanation..... Most People Are Gifted In Turning Messages Passed Across Upside Down Just To Point Fingers ...

While your statement may be true, also know that most people would also find everything and everymeans possible to believe what someone has said since that person is a respected figure and of a better advantage in the society.

It should be noted that for the Bible to include the Berean christians in the book of Acts, it should mean something to us in this present age and time (Acts 17:11).
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nauttyprof(m): 5:19am On Oct 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: can anyone show me a place in the speech where pope francis said ''you don't need to believe in God to go to heaven?

My question then is who is an atheist? If you can answer that in line with John 3:16 then I'll rest my case.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by crosswire(m): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2013
You can check wikipeadia for who an atheist is.
Every thing I would want to say in this post is summarized in:
1 corinthians 5:9-13
My emphasis is on, according to the translation I have here, "God judges those outside"
The Pope never said CHRISTIANS do not need to believe in God, neither did he say that CATHOLICS are free to be gay.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nauttyprof:

My question then is who is an atheist? If you can answer that in line with John 3:16 then I'll rest my case.
please where did pope francis say atheist do not need to believe in God. If you show me where he says that then i'll know what we are discussing about.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nauttyprof(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: please where did pope francis say atheist do not need to believe in God. If you show me where he says that then i'll know what we are discussing about.

And you haven't answered my question - who is an atheist?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nauttyprof(m): 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
crosswire: You can check wikipeadia for who an atheist is.
Every thing I would want to say in this post is summarized in:
1 corinthians 5:9-13
My emphasis is on, according to the translation I have here, "God judges those outside"
The Pope never said CHRISTIANS do not need to believe in God, neither did he say that CATHOLICS are free to be gay.

I now understand your view, but then I never in anyway passed judgement. The Pope shouldn't have taken the matter down to conscience since even in the Bible verse you quoted, Paul never in anyway encouraged the belivers that those wrong doers should follow their conscience, and the surprising thing is this - though Paul stated that God is their judge, he ended verse 13 by stating that any wicked person found should be put away from them.

So, if the Bible mentioned that whosoever believes in Him (Christ) will not perish but have everlasting life, then the Bible meant it.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ebukaOtika(m): 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nauttyprof:

While your statement may be true, also know that most people would also find everything and everymeans possible to believe what someone has said since that person is a respected figure and of a better advantage in the society.

It should be noted that for the Bible to include the Berean christians in the book of Acts, it should mean something to us in this present age and time (Acts 17:11).

What Do You Mean By In A "Better Advantage In The Society"
And What Does That Mean To You At This Present Age And Time?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Atheists have turned the pope's saying to suit/buttress their pathetic belief of God's "non-existence".

You guys need to start believing in God. He exists.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by wildikeman(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
With them wud ur 4king church have existed...go and wallow in the private jet jo...heretic
hbpeze: That is why i tell pple catholic is not a church*even d anglicans*was it not jesus dat said "NO ONE CAN GO THROUGH THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM"so whats ds pope sayin*
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by KENFERDYOORI(m): 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
SMH.... Waiting for the "faithfuls" to come defend him again.
THERE IS NOTHING TO DEFEND JUST GET WHAT HE IS SAYING. WHEN HE SAYS "IF THEY FOLLOW THEIR CONSCEINCES" WHAT IS CONSCIENCE 'INNER VOICE OF GOD' SO IF THEIR CONSCIENCE IS STILL ACTIVE THEN IN-AS-MUCH-AS THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, GOD STILL EXIST IN THEM. THE POPE IS JUST BEING LIBERAL OR DO YOU THINK THAT GOD HAS REJECTED THEM? HIS OWN CREATURES?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Fight Inside Olivet Baptist Church In US While Pastor Was Preaching (Video) / Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.