Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (48018 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by eameh30: 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
nedu2000: The pope is pleasing man instead of God,the pope is WRONG....for the bible says,which I believe the pope uses as reference "except a man be born again he won't (even) see the kingdom of God [John3:3].......И̣̣̣̥o pope,cardinal or pastor can convince me otherwise
Are U sure, U know the real meaning of been born again? For Ur information, its Ur conscience that judge U; it tells U when U wrong and when U right. Remember, God said the new covenant shall be written in Ur mind
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Gombs(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
Acts 4v11-12

KJV:This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
ESV:This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone.
NIV:Jesus is “‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’
AMP:This [Jesus] is the Stone which was despised and rejected by you, the builders, but which has become the Head of the corner [the Cornerstone].
KJV:Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
ESV:And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
NIV:Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
AMP:And there is salvation in and through no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by and in which we must be saved.

His Holiness the pope got it wrong this time...I realy hope he was misquoted

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by airfinance(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
allhamdulilah i am a muslim..if only people would read more,reserch more and study the teachings of what jesus christ (pbuh) preached,they would find out the real truth.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Truthisit: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
THE FOOL SAYS, THERE IS NO GOD

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
joel lala:

If truely your own gods were so powerful, how come the christains by the help of God conquered the pagans with the help of their own gods(more than one sef)?

[size=16pt]THE GODS DO NOT FIGHT HUMAN WARS.

THE GODS ARE SPIRITUAL FORCES FREE OF RELIGION.

(TRUE) RELIGION IS THE ORIGINAL WAY OF THE TRIBES TO WORSHIP THE GODS.

WE PAGANS LOST BECAUSE OF OUR OWN DISUNITY AND WELCOMING ARMS.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
PEStyOFlife: Waiting for the time he say marring a small girl is not a sin.......

hehehe

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
johnnyblakes: look its not about being a christain or muslim or any religion infact its not just religion,its about being a child of GOD and to be a child of GOD you must be born again by accepting JESUS CHRIST AS your personal lord and saviour and must live a holy and righteous life in order to see HEAVEN .PERIOD undecided kiss lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed kiss undecided

But you are still saying all non Christian is going to help then since most religions don't accept Jesus as their lord and saviour
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
airfinance: allhamdulilah i am a muslim..if only people would read more,reserch more and study the teachings of what jesus christ (pbuh) preached,they would find out the real truth.

hmmm
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
God and heaven are illusions of the mind.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by temi2013(m): 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=italo]So you think all non-Christians are going to hell

A big yesssssssssssssss. John 3:3 affirms that and in addition, john 3:36 confirms it too.Jesus is the way the truth and the life.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by badmeat(m): 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
ppl misinterpretin and attckin the pope and xtianity 4rm all angles of life. an evidence telling us all that xtianity is the centrality of humanity-everything in life either goes towards it or away 4rm it. muslims, hindus, comfusionists, budhists, traditionalists, pagans etc all standing against it. let the religion of God be. fellow xtians lets stand firm in christ all these things were foretold in the Bible. shalom kiss
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=28pt]MR. POPE,

YOUR RELIGION ACCUSE US OF IDOLATORY. YET YOU KEEP IDOLS OF JESUS IN YOUR HOME?!
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=28pt]MR. POPE,

WHERE ARE MY ANCESTORS?

WHAT HAS BECOME OF THOSE MEN AND WOMEN, WHO GAVE ME MY LANGUAGE, CULTURE AND IDENTITY?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Judas2013: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
joel lala:

If truely your own gods were so powerful, how come the christains by the help of God conquered the pagans with the help of their own gods(more than one sef)?

The pagan gods are still the once been worshiped. Yahweh = Osiris, Jesus= Horus, Mary= Isis, Satan= Set .....light of the world is the Sun worshiped every December 25th no be so? Jesus is simply the retelling of the Horus story.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by nativedoctor(m): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
nedu2000: The pope is pleasing man instead of God,the pope is WRONG....for the bible says,which I believe the pope uses as reference "except a man be born again he won't (even) see the kingdom of God [John3:3].......И̣̣̣̥o pope,cardinal or pastor can convince me otherwise

what is the difference between being genuinely born again and obeying your concience? speaking gibberish?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
How's that?
johnnyblakes: ITS SHAME LORRETTA
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
what the pope said is nice. is high time all the so called christians and others stop looking down on atheists. atheists are peaceful people and if there is 'heaven' they will definitely make it
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Judas2013: 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
Truthisit: THE FOOL SAYS, THERE IS NO GOD

and the intelligent worship? are you kidding me?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
Da Pope is of the Devilish......as usual.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
airfinance: allhamdulilah i am a muslim..if only people would read more,reserch more and study the teachings of what jesus christ (pbuh) preached,they would find out the real truth.
my brother no offence pls'a question
1 was jesus a muslim?

2 when jesus lived was there islam?

3 when was islam revealed to man?

4 when did jesus came to this world?

i'm waiting pls
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
y are you guys always looking for a way to criticize the pope and catholics at large?? It's alwys the pope said this and that...y dont u mind ur biz, concentrate on ur own faith , keep God's commandment and quit judging the pope on whatever he does or says?? if u think he's going astray, y dont u pray for him or dont u know he's human too?

btw, WHICH CHURCH IS PERFECT??..the most impt thing is keep God's commandments and ur conscience clean....

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Arysexy(m): 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their CONSCIENCE.

“Sin, even for those who have

For those blabbing, the pope said if they obey their CONSCIENCE! Wot is conscience? U wana kill somebody smtin tells u dnt do it, dat is d spirit of God talking. Every human being has 2 spirits battling for his soul. Evil spirit and spirit of God. If an atheist listens to d spirit of God, though he may deny it exist, dat does nt hide d fact dat he obeyed d spirit of God. He NEVER supported atheism but literally he is saying they obeying their conscience, they have obeyed God. Let God therefore be d judge.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by kartel05: 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013: waiting till he tells the truth: God doesn't exist!
Shut up look at the pic of that accident and see aw untouched the BIBLE was.. God does exist bro
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elliottibanga(m): 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
lorretta u: I love the pope because he's non-judgmental and open minded.

Its all an act.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nigerianmovie(m): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
elampiro: Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

Robert Mickens, the Vatican correspondent for the Catholic journal The Tablet, said the pontiff’s comments were further evidence of his attempts to shake off the Catholic Church’s fusty image, reinforced by his extremely conservative predecessor Benedict XVI. “Francis is a still a conservative,” said Mr Mickens. “But what this is all about is him seeking to have a more meaningful dialogue with the world.”

In a welcoming response to the letter, Mr Scalfari said the Pope’s comments were “further evidence of his ability and desire to overcome barriers in dialogue with all”.

In July, Francis signalled a more progressive attitude on sexuality, asking: “If someone is gay and is looking for the Lord, who am I to judge him?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-dont-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

Why does the Pope like making controversial statements? This is about the fourth time. So now, there is no need to preach to anyone to convert to Catholic church/Christianity?

this is exactly how u do with the Bible. U read a whole passage then pick a sentence of controversy and confuse urself. Try to understand the passage not the sentence.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by SlimShawty(f): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=28]MR. POPE, I OFFER YOU A KOLA NUT.[/size]

Ahn ahn...e never do
The most pathetic thing is that u just getting only 1 like in all ur stupid posts...prolly from your other moniker or sumtin.I'm tempted to report u cuz u,my guy,are disobeying rule 11.
And why are u calling on the pope as if he's an nl member?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
What the pope is trying to demonstrate is the openness of God because we neither live by faith nor by works but by grace... Grace is a supernatural gift, FREELY bestowed upon man for his sanctification and salvation... This is a recognition of the fact that everybody cannot be a christian because not every body believe in what christians believe and most of the time, it is no fault of theirs... 90% of christians neither understand the condiments of christianity nor have analysed properly the teachings and accept that it is truly the way, they re only christians because they were born into christian homes... If they weren't born christians, most won't be christians that won't stop them from reaping from the supernatural grace of God..

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=24pt]MR. POPE. LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO MY PEOPLE. LOOK AT THE LOST SOUL BELOW ME WHO NOW HAS LOST HIS IDENTITY AND THINKS HE IS A JEW. ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR RELIGION.I ASK YOU, FOR WHAT?[/size]

Vanityupnvanity: fellow xtians lets stand firm in christ all these things were foretold in the Bible. shalom kiss

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by kcpragmatik(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Dis pope is sure not an extrimist.....
Ur Conscience is the meter used in measuring one`s virtue or vice Level.....
Yu cant just lie to it(conscience)......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Fight Inside Olivet Baptist Church In US While Pastor Was Preaching (Video) / Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.