Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Crimson - The right to decide. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crimson - The right to decide. (11885 Views)

Threading The Right Path / Was It A Night With A Smart Or Possessed Beautiful Gal On Campus? You Decide / Excerpts From My Upcoming Novel 'crimson Clouds' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by sconp: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
following
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by ninja4life(m): 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
Following thread with keen interest.i like this story but i will lik to give my opinion,wen writing d story u should make it realistic as possible i think d part in which micheal is giving out such information to chnedu is outrageous i think u should reduce d amount of info michael gave to chinedu and ut shouldnt be so direct.just my opinion though.nice story all d same
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 11:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
ninja4life: Following thread with keen interest.i like this story but i will lik to give my opinion,wen writing d story u should make it realistic as possible i think d part in which micheal is giving out such information to chnedu is outrageous i think u should reduce d amount of info michael gave to chinedu and ut shouldnt be so direct.just my opinion though.nice story all d same

I made him release dat much info so as to show the magnitude of the current situation. Moreover, i wanted to show in hindsight how some1 wil waste his talents and gifts when he allows anger or hatred to rule him. Talents and gifts r there 2 serve God and humanity. As 4 d direct nature, i pictured an interview setting only with some marked differences. As 4 d story been unreal, well i wanted to add something that may be possible in d far future. Tnx a lot 4 ur comment and tnx @ scon-p
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
Michael Nwosu was thinking more about his life. For a 15 year old who suffered the tragedy of watching his mother and sister murdered in front of his eyes, he had rather grown up quite smoothly. Naturally intelligent with the knack of being precocious and witty, he excelled in his academics,topping the class always, to the chagrin of other parents. Not a guy to shy away from work, he had developed a wonderful physique,making him a sort of Adonis among his peers,with his 'baby boy face' complimenting him. This attracted young girls(and older women) to him like bears to honey,but he had no time for them.

That was due to the pain he had suffered when he was six years old. He still remembered who caused the whole pain, a certain rich man called Musa Danladi. Musa was a wealthy businessman, known to be exceptionally ruthless when he deals with people perceived to be obstacles to him expanding his economic power. He had the ears and eyes of the governor and the hierachy of the state and used that to wreck havoc in the state. Michael's dad was a medical doctor,and had no time for politics or business. They clashed due to the fact that Michael's dad brought a land and house that Musa was interested in. Not long after, Michael's dad was murdered under strange circumstances which was made more strange when both the police and the state government swept the issue under the carpet. Michael's mum and sister followed the same route some years later and he was moved to the Catholic parish nearby,while Musa took over everything he should have owned. Remembering all this,with the coupled injustice served,made Michael bitter and therefore he despised everything with a northern origin,including the girls and his teachers. All his teachers,except one.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
Change the " flies to faeces " part to something like " bears to honey ". It's less disgusting.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by ninja4life(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
Keep follwing thread.more ink to ur pen dan
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
Kaycee7: Change the " flies to faeces " part to something like " bears to honey ". It's less disgusting.
Changed. But seriously is flies to faeces dat digusting.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
rapmike:
Changed. But seriously is flies to faeces dat digusting.
Faeces? Not a great thing to picture.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Kaycee7: Faeces? Not a great thing to picture.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Like the gross picture
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 5:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
rapmike:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Like the gross picture
Consiga que
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:36am On Sep 26, 2013
Kaycee7: Consiga que
I no sabi dis 1
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
rapmike:
I no sabi dis 1
It's Spanish for " Keep them coming".
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
Paul Ajayi was the history teacher at Michael's school. Posted as a youth corper after finishing his university education, the political science student was retained after his service and had remained there. He picked quite an interest in Michael after he noticed the nonchalant and uncaring attitude the boy threw at his environment and everything around it, save for his books.

It was not easy though. Michael behaved snobby and ill-disciplined to start with and Paul did not have an ice-cold temperament or patience like that of a tortoise. However, after he encountered Michael in the only moment when he was emotional(while the boy visited his parents graveyard), he was able to reach Michael and understand him,thereby fostering a friendship that helped Michael to at least reduce the intensity of disdain he treated people with. Michael saw Paul as an elder brother who he could unburden his heart and mind to,without feeling like he was bothering him. Paul,for his part, saw the chance in that to discuss many things like Christianity and politics with Michael, helping him in d process. Michael felt free around Paul and that was the first place he heads to after his classes, like today.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ah. History. Cool.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:06am On Oct 08, 2013
Sori guys, had phone probs,am bck though, wil try my best.

Michael walked towards the church from school,huming along. As he expected, Paul was teaching the children at Bible study class(known as Sunday school). The current topic was forgiveness. As he heard Paul teach the kids, pangs of pain and sorrow reached his heart. Will the situation ever change? It has been some years nw, but he stil remembered the scenes he witnessed, as he saw his mum and his little sister raped and killed by people who call themselves youths. All because of a lawless beast called Musa, he had turned to a homeless,distraughted,half destitute, saved by d Catholic church and surviving by the little money the mum saved up coupled with small cash gotten from jobs he did.

He was still thinking about this things when he heard, 'hy bro'. Michael turned around 2 see Paul besides him. He greeted back and sat on one of the platforms in the church. 'So what is going on?',Paul asked.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
'Nothing'. Michael replied. 'Just watching the birds fly'. 'Michael, you can't deceive me, i know you r thinking of something, especially with your face looking like spoilt tuwo'. Paul retorted.

Michael feigned ignorance, knowing that Paul will preach if he tells him what was on his mind. Paul, after trying to coax an answer from Michael, decided to shift focus to other matters. Actually, Paul had witnessed a massacre of a family by some Hausa youths, somewhere in Kano where he went to visit a friend. The visit was not nice at all, as d image of the slaughtered family, victims of a mini crisis,was showing up in his mind. His friend also made matters worse by relaying tales of previous massacres, something that aided the retention of the image.

Paul was relaying what he saw to Michael, when he noticed a change in Michael's facial expression,like he was about to cry. 'You were thinking about your family,weren't you'? Paul said. Michael was about to say something when Paul surprising patted him on the back.

'I understand what you are going through, it must have been terrible',Paul stated, reflecting on what he saw.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Thank GOD you're back. Nice update.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
Michael looked at Paul's slightly mortified face,looking for some sort of fight back from Paul but found none. He wondered if he will ever lose the hatred that haboured his heart.

An opportunity came for him to escape from the hate and it came in the form of a girl, Aminat!

She was Michael's classmate,who finally caught his eye. She was first treated with disdain, as Michael did with every other girl. But an incident changed his preception of her. Her dad had come into the school,begging for patience with respect to her school fees. The show put up by the Principal of the school, who regarded her dad worse than dirt, just because he was of Yoruba extract and a civil servant. He felt sympathy for her and that brought them together as friends. Adversity opened a link of friendship and as she was also intelligent, he enjoyed her company. Love was blossoming!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kaycee7: Thank GOD you're back. Nice update.
Tnx Kaycee.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 7:30am On Oct 13, 2013
rapmike:
Tnx Kaycee.
No. Thank you. You're the one writing.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:14am On Oct 14, 2013
The transformation in Michael's life was evident. The once moody,unfriendly kid seemed to have brightened up, to the extent that he started making friends in his class. Aminat's friendship seemed to have fanned embers of love in Michael's heart, much to the relief of his teachers and boys and to the chagrin of the girls. Jealousy, like an unwanted guest entered the hearts of the other girls,who started to view Aminat with spiteful eyes. Not that she cared anyway. It seemed that the storms that had hit Michael were gone for good.

But they came back!

Michael,all this while,had not yet asked Aminat out,partially due to the Christian/Muslim barrier and his shyness. Emboldened by one of his new friends, he went to express his love to her.

He found her in the tuck shop located just infront of the classes. He then started his 'proposal'. 'Aminy, i have struggled to hold this back but i can't, i am in love with you and i want you to be my girl', Michael said in a soft,cool manner.

Aminat looked at him,small tears running of her sad face. 'You came too late, Michael, i am engaged'.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2013
Ouch! Dude, I feel your pain
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2013
Aminat's dad had married her out to one of the wealthy men in the state, Alhaji Kagoura. Alhaji was influential with the civil service and the local community, helping the community out in various projects and virtually rebuilt the city when some youths went on rampage. His influence may have reduced,but his name still opened doors,something that her dad was aware of. A year before her 'marriage', Kagoura had asked her dad for her hands in marriage for his son,Usman. Aminat's dad did not object,but rather chose to name a hefty dowry which was completely paid by Kaugora. However, Usman was not interested in Aminat and so she ended as a 'protege' wife.

But nobody cared to know her feelings about everything! Nobody except her dad, the Kagoura family and now Michael knew about the marriage.

Michael was shocked and baffled at the situation. He could see that her emotions favoured him,but the circumstances were daunting. He then asked her a question.

'What are your feelings for me,Aminat'? 'I like you, she replied weakly,but i am married already,there is nothing I or you can do about it'.

'Don't say that.' Michael quiped. 'There is still hope. We can still be close without anything happening'.
After much coaxing and persuasion, Aminat agreed to his proposal, maintaining that it won't last.

If she only knew how right she was!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
The suspense is killing me.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
As the saying goes, jealousy is the fuel for a heart of spite. Aminat's close association with Michael had caused her to be enemies with the rest of the girls in her age grade,especially one. Her name was Isidora.

Isidora was a paragon of beauty, so beautiful that a joke was made as regards a person stranded in the desert, who instead of choosing water will pick her above the water. She was that beautiful and twice as proud as well.

She did have reasons to be proud, well that is,according to her. Her mum who was from the east, was a special adviser to the President, while her father, who was an educated northern, owned one of the largest oil refineries in the world,among other large businesses. She was their own child and was therefore a spoilt,spoilt brat. She had all she wanted materially and more and as she reached adolescent age, she started getting a taste of the boys,virtually becoming the toast of the school. She had known the taste of almost all the 'big boys' in the school,except Michael.

And that was when her eyes were fixed! The tall, handsome, poor prince from the east, whose Adonis elegance was only superseded by his supposedly Einstein brain and Martin Luther King Jnr's character. She was swotted with everything about Michael and could not stand the fact that Michael did not care a hoot about her. She was determined to go all out to get him and in the process, destroy all the obstacles on her way, including Aminat!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 6:36am On Oct 20, 2013
This bit.ch better not try what I think she wants to try.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2013
The first thing she did was to snoop around the relationship between them to find any loopholes and loopholes did she find!

She discoverd about Aminat's 'protege' marriage and used that as a fulcrum to uproot the love that has developed between them. She needed an accomplice though, someone who will risk the wrath of others for her sake.

Enter Preye!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2013
f0ll0wed.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Leebliss13: f0ll0wed.
Well, thanks.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Preye was a long time admirer of Isidora, who took away his virginity. As always, she ignored him after the experience, but she kept a close eye and a hot booty on him, incase he got other ideas and went after other girls apart from her. However, he was lovestruck ( or so he thought) by her beauty and had remained faithful, although once in a while she had to give him the deal if his eyes starts to wander. She knew that he will prove useful some day.

And that day had arrived!

Her plan had revolved round Usman. The young boy, though not interested in Aminat was arrogant and proud, which was normal for boys of his calibre. He had already gained a reputation for tidying girls with the extra bonus of mating with a virgin when he marries, the virgin been Aminat. The last thing he would want to hear is that he is being fooled and his heifer is being toyed with, especially if the culprit was an Igbo boy.

Isidora licked her lips in excitement, making her lips look succulent. She then adjusted her clothes to look provocative and went to search for her 'prey'.

Preye was gisting with his clique of friends when she walked into their midst, causing innocent lustful stares from the boys. She then walked to Preye's desk and stood before him, leaning her arms on his desk and making sure that her twin bombers were staring infront of him.

'Preye, i want to see you'.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
I didn't know lustful stares could be innocent. I'll start working on mine tongue
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by beyonDskygirl(f): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Crrrriiimson!... Am humblyyy followin...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) / Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ / Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.