Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Crimson - The right to decide. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crimson - The right to decide. (11884 Views)

Threading The Right Path / Was It A Night With A Smart Or Possessed Beautiful Gal On Campus? You Decide / Excerpts From My Upcoming Novel 'crimson Clouds' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 11:26am On Dec 24, 2013
Hameenat94: Bitterness has taken over Micheal
Am telling u, and dats 1 of the most powerful weapons a man can have.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
'Paul once told me that life holds a key for all of us to unlock solutions to what we call our problems'. Chinedu said. 'Like you Michael, i have sunk into the darkness before, where I saw this country as a hopeless entity. I have been denied and betrayed, I have hawked in the streets while someone made away with my father's inheritance, I have been attacked and marginalised for no fault of mine, I have seen it all, I really have.

But Paul saved me at that moment when i taught it was all over. He showed me how to live and how to be strong, how to forgive and be kind. But most importantly, he shown me the way to know God!'

As Michael looked on, Chinedu brought a mini bible from his pocket. ' I carry this everyday', he held up the bible. 'I read it and meditate on it, therefore I know much more than you think I do'.

'I have some knowledge and that knowledge brings light which brightens this heart. The light has been growing day by day and has made me a better man. I am not the only one with this knowledge, but the future has it too.'

What is the future? Michael asked.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Updates suspended til Thursday. I wil be seriously busy, thats y.

Merry xmas in advance.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Xmas to all my fans,dos who commentd and dos who view silently.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 25, 2013
rapmike: Merry Xmas to all my fans,dos who commentd and dos who view silently.

Merry Christmas..
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Kaycee7(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2013
rapmike: Merry Xmas to all my fans,dos who commentd and dos who view silently.
Wishing you the same, Mike
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
'The future is the bright light I see at the end of the tunnel. The generation coming after us, Michael. A generation who have grown in this country but not of this country. A generation who are changing and learning, maturing far beyond what you see'. 'Michael, when I see the future, I see a godly set of people who are ready to take over from us'.

'I know what the modern day Nigerian Christians do. They cheat and steal, then come to give thanksgiving for the money they stole. They fornicate and turn around to condemn a poor prostitute. They are all cry-babies who only think of themselves and dont bother to really know God. No, I do not fight for them'.

'I rather fight for the future,those few who have matured and know God for who he is and he knows them too, Chinedu continued. 'They bring a light, which when fully matured, will heal and revive this battered country. Its for them I stand here today and if necessary, I will die in order for their time to come'.

'This country has bled too much, its time for it to be awoken from the ashes it is in now, and I will do just that in a few minutes'. Michael replied with certainty.

You will fail if you tow this path, Michael and that will happen because you cannot lead this country, you will only bring bitterness in it because your heart is bitter, Michael'! Chinedu spat out.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by ESIXLOVE: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
**** walked in putting on agbada and holding a cutlass . Takes a bow and sit down on a lone seat at the back **** hmmm my cutlass na to use finish Michael after chinedu don finish important own.. Nice work bro. Keep it up.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
ESIXLOVE: **** walked in putting on agbada and holding a cutlass . Takes a bow and sit down on a lone seat at the back **** hmmm my cutlass na to use finish Michael after chinedu don finish important own.. Nice work bro. Keep it up.
Tnx bro
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
'You speak of leading the country so easily, yet your heart is darkened toward change'. Chinedu continued. 'Don't you see it? The country is in gross darkness because someone used bitterness as a change weapon,and instead of changing the country, they only managed to infuse hatred in other people'. You know where that led to, Michael? Millions of massacres in two centuries as a country, yet you still stand here with such hatred, your heart has refused to heal, Michael, you can't rule the country this way.

'So how do I heal this heart of this hatred'? 'How did you get pass yours, Chinedu'? Michael asked, sounding desperate.

'I gave my life to Christ, first of all, then i started the long process of healing my heart. I focused on the work of God. Chinedu said, showing his Bible,and i started studying it. I also pray to God, not desperately but respectively, having his Spirit as a guide. I also began to apply what i learn in the Word outside, and that has led me to change my views about people that I hated previously. I can't say that my heart is completely healed, but i know that I will get there soon'.

'Can someone like me get to where you are, Chinedu'? Michael looked humbly.

'My God does not reject anyone, no matter how difficult his situation is, Michael'. You just have to see the light...

'Will you guide me to him, even at the cost of your life, Chinedu'?

Chinedu nodded his head, even as he was unsure of what next to do. 'I will do so, since you want to change and change the country too. I will pay the ultimate price, even if its for a soul as yours, because that's the life i plan to live'.

Chinedu then led Michael to pray, inevitably sealing his death, or so he thought.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by Feraz(m): 11:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
Good work...but I thought you shoulda switched to where NASA is trying to study why the satellites are being positioned that way.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by mattyqueen(f): 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
OP i tot the micheal we are tlkn abt here is a hologram? bt 9ce story
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
mattyqueen: OP i tot the micheal we are tlkn abt here is a hologram? bt 9ce story
Michael is speaking to Chinedu through a hologram of himself, d real Michael is still alive.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
Meanwhile at NASA, things were heating up pretty fast.

'Ted, what is happening for the umpteenth(hope I got the spelling rite) time? A visibly disturbed General Moore asked. General Moore was the Head of Operations, Counter Terrorism Force (CTF), who was drafted as a result of the inability of NASA to solve the 'satellite' crisis at hand,coupled with the onset of virus attacks on NASA's servers. He came with his 'crack' team, which consisted of 'seasoned' hackers and virus developers, who were battling to solve the virus puzzle infront of them.

'Sir, i still don't have my panels back, and the satellites are heating pretty bad. If the heat aint diverted to somewhere else, we will lose the satellites'.

General Moore was now really worried. If the satellites were lost, a valuable system of surveillance will be lost and with Korea and Russia cracking each firewall the US develops, they will be easy targets for attacks.

'Sir, something is happening right now. All the heat generated is been transferred to the 'prime' satellite'.

'The satellite facing Nigeria?' a shaken General asked.

'Yes Sir', a grim looking Ted replied.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2013
Chinedu had just finished his prayers with Michael when the latter told him how much time he has left.

'Chinedu, you have two minutes left, what will you do?'

This time though, Chinedu was sure of his reply, 'I guess this is the end for me and my generation. It is left to you and your guys to show the rest the way'. 'My time is up but I am happy that I was able to do something, even if its a little because even the little things count to him (God)'.

Something then shifted in Michael's heart at that moment.

'Michael, what are you there'? Preye said, screaming on top of his voice.

'What does it look like'? I just hit the override button and yes i know the rays are heading here, so go and get d emergency water pods and get the hell out of here'! Michael screamed back.

'Michael, you know that the pods are....

Yes I know, thats why i am staying here, now move it'!

Michael now turned to Chinedu, 'Yes, someone's time is up, but its not your time, its mine.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by donkross1(m): 6:55am On Dec 29, 2013
Oyaaa gbogbo General mike. I don show aagain.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
In NASA, Ted had given up hope on ever diverting the disaster looming. General Moore and everyone waited for the seemingly inevitable outcome; the death of Nigeria!

'Sir, something strange just happened'! Ted reported, looking shocked.'The 'prime' Satellite had its co-ordinates changed, just right now! 'Its focus is on a small island just below Nigeria, The rays have been diverted there sir'! Its a miracle!

General Moore was very relieved, as he thought of Ifeoma, his Nigerian wife and his three lovely kids, who are now safe. Everyone else was exhausted and the panels were on safe and back in their control.

Chinedu looked astonished,but happy at the new chance at life. his face expressed his emotions in words that had not been found yet in the dictionary.

As he was about asking what happened, Michael interrupted him.

'I have an override button here, which diverts the rays to where I am. I wonder why I put it though'. He said a bit mockingly. 'I would make a poor leader, since i do still have baggage and i will have to learn all over again how to be without hatred. You on the other hand, have gone through some processes and have come out unscathed'.

he paused for a second and then continued, 'I can see that unlike me, you will have the heart and will to conquer the darkness that is on the land. Your heart that has been strengthened by your beliefs make me say so'.

'You remind me of Paul and your talk about the future corresponds to what Paul told me some time back. Unfortunately, I had shut my eyes to the light and had almost ruined the whole script. I do not deserve to Lead this people'.

'I leave Nigeria to You Chinedu, You are the only one that I can trust to bring light to this country, Though the final decision lies with the future, not you. Whatever path they go, just remember to do your best.'

Till We meet on the judgment throne Chinedu, I say goodbye'. Michael said before his hologram disappeared.

A second later,A huge tremor was heard, shattering the windows and doors in the house.

The Rays have descended already!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
The story has almost finished oooo. Na epilogue remain now

By the way, I managed to get a mini map of Nigeria's shoreline. The island with BIOKO or something like that is my idea of where Michael and his crew were.

Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by ESIXLOVE: 1:13am On Dec 30, 2013
Nice work, but suicide na falling of hands nah,, anyhow dat na for pple wey important kill.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
EPILOGUE

Chinedu was at Eagle's square, Abuja. It was the Remembrance Day of the blast, which had left a scar on the island where it happened. Dancers from all parts of the country filled the whole place, displaying their skills. The President sat at the VIP lounge, with Chinedu close to him.

Chinedu was now the Special Adviser to the President on Home Affairs. This was as a result of the incident five years ago, when rays seemingly came from the sky and hit Bioko island, destroying all forms of life on the island. Chinedu knew that it could have been Nigeria or rather it should have been Nigeria. He remembered that chilling day where he spoke to Michael and the events after that day.

Since he was the only person to have seen Michael, Chinedu was given audience to the President and the Senate. Infront of them all, he explained everything, from Michael's plan to the rasons for his actions and what finally happened. It looked so unconventional, but President Hassan cared less and the Senate were with him at that point. Decisions were made and then Chinedu, who was a constable at that time, was given the post of Minister of Home Affairs.

As the Minister, Chinedu started inculcating the principles he had learnt to his staff, soon enough with the help of the President and everyone within the executive, Chinedu had managed to change the psyche of the country, which led to some level of progress in the country.

Right now, as the President ( who was just starting his second term in office) was giving his address, which was based on cooperation of evryone in the country to improve the standard of themselves through patriotism and the right sense of thinking and actions, whiulst saying his Government's commitment in improving the situation in the country, Chinedu summed up how the country had progressed. The Country may not be free from corruption, but its grip is reducing, while the food prices and the general standard of living has greatly improved. Most of all, Justice and fairness has returned to th country, the land of his dreams.

Nigeria was really on the right path, after all!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
The story has ended, though i felt i rushed this part a bit. It has been exhaustive, but i am at the end. Thanks to everyone who had read and commented on this piece. I will work on what I have hear before I think of the next move

P.S. I have not placed the prologue yet, That was a mistake from me. I will do that soonest....

Cheers!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by donkross1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
rapmike: The story has ended, though i felt i rushed this part a bit. It has been exhaustive, but i am at the end. Thanks to everyone who had read and commented on this piece. I will work on what I have hear before I think of the next move

P.S. I have not placed the prologue yet, That was a mistake from me. I will do that soonest....

Cheers!
. Paparapapapapauu. Bravo.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by VoiceofanInk(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
rapmike: The story has ended, though i felt i rushed this part a bit. It has been exhaustive, but i am at the end. Thanks to everyone who had read and commented on this piece. I will work on what I have hear before I think of the next move

Cheers!

Congratulations. An interesting story indeed.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Voice of an Ink:

Congratulations. An interesting story indeed.
Thanks
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by ESIXLOVE: 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
Intelligence is an attitude... Indeed it was an intellectual assembling of alphabets to form words and words to form sentences and sentences to for form this masterpiece... That my brother is intelligence... So in the famous words of ESIXlOVE... " intelligent work brother " bravo.
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:05am On Jan 01, 2014
ESIXLOVE: Intelligence is an attitude... Indeed it was an intellectual assembling of alphabets to form words and words to form sentences and sentences to for form this masterpiece... That my brother is intelligence... So in the famous words of ESIXlOVE... " intelligent work brother " bravo.
Wow, thanx.
A lot.

Wia is Ishilove and co nw?
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 12:06am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year folks!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 11:08am On Jan 03, 2014
Sorry for been out...... But una no try@ my fans.

Anyway, this is the prologue i wanted to start the story with.

Enjoy.

Nneoma sits tight in the living room, watching NTA network news with rapid attention.Her two kids, Micheal and Nneka, were sleeping soundly on her laps, after arguing endlessly over what to watch. She shifted her eyes away from the telly and focused on her two adorable children, still under ten years. she shook her head in pity.

It is now a year after Micheal Nwosu Snr, had died in the hospital after he was attacked by armed robbers in the hospital he was working. His simple crime-trying and failing to save a shot member from the gun-shot injuries acquired after a shot out with J.T.F. That is what they told her, although she sentimentally choose to believe that he was killed because he was simply Igbo. Her belief was strengthened by the fact that there were other doctors there that were treating the injured armed robbers. She looked remorsefully at her kids, wondering what future held for them in this cruel land.

All of a sudden, her intuition rose up, giving her the premonition that something terrible was about to happen. Before she could do anything though, a sudden loud knock was heard at the door, causing her shivers

Shivering out of fear of the unknown, coupled with the rising feeling of evil in her body. After all this is Hausaland, with anything and everything possibly evil happening to you if you are not Hausa and you cross their path. Her mind was crippling her, with only one instruction from it, DON’T OPEN THE DOOR.

The knocking increased and became more violent, waking up her kids, Micheal woke up, suddenly alert to the knocking( as the older child he knew that knocking was not good for the family), he quickly dragged his sister and starting moving to their hideout that was created for situations like this. Nneoma, suddenly brought back to life by her son’s movement, then moved towards the door, shaking seriously and controlling herself . As she steels herself to open the door, possibly to her doom, the door breaks open ………

Micheal continues to pull his sister, who is still half-asleep, into their hideout. The hideout is an isolated place in the house, probably used as a restroom at first, then a store before it was abandoned(due to years of disuse).Micheal had found the place five years back, while playing hide-and-seek with Sunny, the only friend he had made. Sunny died the following year after the discovery, because of a rampage by the youths of the town.

His parents had since found the place useful in hiding themselves during a rampage.After successfully dragging his sister into the place and sitting her down, Micheal started to think about what has now composed part of his life since he was born. Every year at least( at times every two months in ‘special occasions’ such as political campaigning), youths run wild on the town over control of certain areas of the town for their political parties. the chaos increased during the run-up to the elections and becomes terrible during the elections due to ballot box snatching and all the accompanying violence and almost intolerable after elections, as those who lose the elections unleash their thugs to the citizenry.

Of course Micheal’s small mind could not process all that, but it could process the seeming hatred that those youths carry against any one on their path, and he could not understand. At times, something unknown( to Micheal) just sparks violence immediately and people just die for nothing. He was already wise enough to know that this place was unsafe, although all attempts to get the reason why from people proved abortive, it was also equally baffling to him that his mum would not move away from the place. He now concentrated in protecting his little sister.

He could now hear some noise from the house and concluded that the people that were banging the door had entered and his fears were confirmed when he heard faint voices speaking in Hausa. He then heard a slap and his mum crying and begging them not to something, he could not hear very well. As her cries intensified, his heart was beginning to sink, as he thought of the time his father died, he remembered his mum’s wailing and concluded that this was definitely worse than his father’s death.He was thinking of what to do, as he realized that going there will complicate things for his mum( he was that street-wise).As he thought of the next line of action,he suddenly heard a tiny voice shouting ‘Leave my mummy alone!’

Damn!( more like Jesus! in his mind), he was occupied thinking on what to do, while ignoring his sister, who had woken up, heard his mother’s scream and rushed out.He suddenly felt like rushing out, as he knew that if they saw his sister, that she will be in trouble.
He heard the intruders voices raise their voice quite high, probably happy that that they have seen a catch, while his mum’s wailing continued. His sister voice now seemed to the muffled and he could hear chairs screeching , probably as his little sister was struggling. He then decided to sneak out of his hideout, at least to see what he could do.
With stealth movements which may make ‘HITMAN’ jealous, he sneaked out just to see a horrifying scene
Both his mother and his sister were on the ground, and the two riff-raffs were sleeping with them and obviously enjoying it. Micheal was getting very angry and had managed to get a glass bottle,he was planning to shatter it on someone’s head when the next thing he saw made him stop on his tracks.
One of the men had ‘finished the show’ and stood up rapidly. he then brought out a gun and shot his mother on the head, the second guy did the same to his young sister, IN FRONT OF HIS EYES! They then made sure that they were dead and then the men moved off.
Micheal looked at the remnant of what he called his family, shell-shocked at what he saw.

Tears ran down his cheeks as he saw his mother, who had sacrificed herself to save him and his sister and his little sister who he failed to protect. He slowly walked towards them crying out loud, regretting everything, from his father’s death to his sister’s death. As his small eyes were getting drenched in tears, he could make out a name that was on a piece of paper left by the assailants. The name read MUSA DANLADI!
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
Na wa o
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by donkross1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
rapmike: Na wa o
. Wetin happen bro ?
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by rapmike(m): 10:54am On Jan 04, 2014
don kross: . Wetin happen bro ?
As ppl no show now, at least I dey expect some folks.

I know this story is not as bad as viewers make it
Re: Crimson - The right to decide. by donkross1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
rapmike:
As ppl no show now, at least I dey expect some folks.

I know this story is not as bad as viewers make it
. Lol, haba ur story make brains die, no mind em ghost viewers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ / Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition / An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.