Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President (20324 Views)

NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent / ASUU Vs FG ... The Full Gist / Esut ASUU Vs Governor Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by AMACRITY(f): 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
can someone help me to summarise this plz.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
essay
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
This NANS people should just SHUT UP. Are they not the same set of people that honoured an ex-convict?(bode george a graduate of kirikiri) kiss
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by texazzpete(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

See people taking this NANS fellow seriously...have you forgotten what country we are in? Why was the NANS President having a 'private and exclusive discussion' with Gov Suswam? How are we now to believe he has not been compromised?

Instead of organizing a public debate between Suswam and ASUU, he is busy taking one side. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
Foolish people
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by albiol: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
Its too long for me to read since it has been long since I have gone to skool
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by samtos007: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
SHAIBU LIAR: If dem like make dem no call of the strike,me I don take to farming and I dey even pray make dem no call off the strike again
Sure, students with good CGPA and those who had just project defence to do before the strike want the strike called off.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Akiika: 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Wetin dem dey teach una sef! with the so so unintelligent reasoning and olodo posts here on Nairaland...their teachings ain't worth shit!
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by midow4life: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
A[color=#990000][/color]s Nigerian students,what are we doing to help ourself?
ASUU vs FG,both are toying with our future and we are allowing ourself to be played by this guys!!!
Pls can't we start organised protest? Social media protest? Let's speak out in unity!
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by jagudaswag170(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
F**k them all mehn,dy shuld do wat dy lik,bt f**k ASUU most,bunch of looters!!!!.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by berryldilty(f): 1:27am On Sep 14, 2013
ASUU is selfish. they behave as if they are the only ones in the education sector. if they want to earn big like those in government, they should resort to politics. an average lecturer earns 1.8million or more per annum not to talk of the PhD holders and professors. what of the primary and secondary school sector which is the bedrock of education is not properly funded in terms of allowances and salaries. a secondary school teacher earns less than 300,000 per annum plus the primary school teachers who earn less than 200,000 per annum. they are very greedy. its time for students to rise up and say NO to this injustice that is being meted out on us. SUG presidents and executives should rise up, NANS should rise up and say NO. universities should pull out of te strike. let there be an enforcement of no work no pay and u will see that they will go back to class.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by goddygodwin: 6:57am On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=pseudonomer][/quote]

jst a word mr ASUU chiarman wht a man sore he must rip wether good or bad....and every body wll me jurge ...
N u wl b judge fr killing d dreams f many youths out dea
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by JENMAUCY(f): 7:06am On Sep 14, 2013
yetunsbay: wot do u mean?didnt FG read d agreemt b4 signing it or were coerced? We re talking abt a 9letter word here "AGREEMENT".....
. Yes,we are talking about AGREEMENT bt is a crime if the students they claim they are fighting for know what this so called "AGREEMENT" contain or look like?
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by otokx(m): 8:17am On Sep 14, 2013
ASUU does not give brown envelopes or "kola" to its visitors, neither do they give transport allowance or take care of the hotel bills. The guy said he is an OAU student; why did he not go to the local ASUU chapter president to interact with him?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by otokx(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2013
@berryldilty

no university staff has been paid since August 1 and this is now forcing other unions that were not on strike to join ASUU. Like play, like play the days will become weeks and months.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2013
I SUPPORT ASUU 100%
IN OTHER NOT TO GENERALIZE I WILL TALK ABOUT A SCHOOL I KNOW, UNIABUJA.
EVEN AMONG THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY,THE CALL THE SCHOOL GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL, COS SINCE CREATION IN 1989 THE SCHOOL HAS BEEN USING A SECONDARY SCHOOL THAT WAS CONVERTED TO THE UNIVERSITY...... THE SCHOOL DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A CAMPUS AT ALL. THE LIBRARY OF MY SECONDARY SCHOOL IS BIGGER THAN IT'S OWN, LECTURE ROOMS THAT CAN ONLY ACCOMMODATE 60 PEOPLE IS USED FOR A CLASS OF 300 STUDENTS. PEOPLE LIKE US HAVE PERMANENT WINDOWS WE SIT ON AND ANYDAY WE COULDN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER WE SIMPLY DON'T ATTEND LECTURES...... I MUST SAY I WAS HALF BAKED BY THAT SCHOOL, IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO IF GOVERNMENT PAID ATTENTION DUE TO HIGHER EDUCATION........ I WON'T WANT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME TO HAPPEN TO OTHERS THAT'S WHY I SUPPORT ASUU

I KNOW MANY OTHER SCHOOLS HAVE GOOD FACILITIES AND THOSE YOU SEE CONDEMNING ASUU COME FROM SUCH SCHOOLS AND DON'T FEEL THE PAIN OF OTHERS.

HOW CAN ANY SANE PERSON SAY 400BILLION ANNUALLY FOR 2 YEARS WON'T MAKE AN IMPACT ON OUR UNIVERSITIES AND ASUU SHOULD RATHER COLLECT 100 BILLION FROM A GOVERNMENT THAT ALLOWED IT'S CRONIES TO STEAL OVER A TRILLION NAIRA IN SUBSIDY ......... IS ASUU ASKING FOR A TRILLIONS ...... SO SATISFYING THE POLITICIAN IS PARAMOUNT FOR GOVERNMENT THAT SPENDING ON EDUCATION , AND THIS IS A GOVERNMENT THAT WANTS TO BE AMONG 20 LARGEST ECONOMY BY 2020...... DREAM

ASUU CARRY ON, ALUTA CONTINUA..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Mustay(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2013
When some of you say ASUU is selfish, you fail to realize a greater number of their children are in the same public school as other masses. Government on the other hand has most of its people in either private/foreign schools. We can guage those who're more concerned or not.

Choose your friends wisely wink

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by jayplect(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2013
grin grin
Segeggs: New minister for education says government is now ready to give ASUU all it's demands.

link

www.assholestrike.com

Yeye grin
Segeggs: New minister for education says government is now ready to give ASUU all it's demands.

link

www.assholestrike.com

Yeye
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by jayplect(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
otokx: @berryldilty

no university staff has been paid since August 1 and this is now forcing other unions that were not on strike to join ASUU. Like play, like play the days will become weeks and months.
And months turning into year
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by jayplect(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
otokx: @berryldilty

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by incrediblestev: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
It is unfortunate that even the supposed students can not coherently explain the contents of the so-called agreement without resorting to shouting out the same old tired songs of corruption and stupid comparisons, little wonder they have continued to stay in the house.
ASSU leadership needs to be reasonable and pragmatic in the way they sort for solution to their problems, I am not moved by the over laboured point of justifying unrealistic demands all because there are other arms of government that are entitled to far more monies, that still does not make it ok for ASSU and its mafia leadership to continue to blackmail and hold students to ransom.

All they have continued to do is talk about aspects of the agreement that favors them no one is talking about the parts of the agreement the FG has actually made serious efforts to show commitment, the problem here is our partisan and anti-government media houses that always feel the need to be antagonistic and spread propaganda, let ASSU stop hiding under the guise of looking out for anyone or wanting FG to honour an agreement which obviously does not have a one off solution to its implementation, all we have heard is that FG has not been honest, the question is which aspect of the agreement has FG reneged on, let us know the importance of getting that aspect of the agreement attended to, is it an aspect that affects their ability to work well, does affect the quality of their service and so on.

In a pragmatic society where everyone understands the worth and significance of their job, hitting home your points in making demands like this wont be hinged on the fact that because other arms of the government earn more, do less or not deserving of the kind of salaries they get, you therefore will stop work and cripple everything until you get your own share of the largesse. If these facts irk anyone in academia so much then may be they should drop the job and head straight to politics where your insatiable demands and material lust can be met instead of jeapardizing the future of students who are the sole victims of these foolish show of power between union and government.

It is unfortunate that the academic union has been infiltrated by partisan politicians who are playing raw politics under the guise of helping out. Little wonder the private sector employers wont let any form of unionism, they don't stand up when you need them unless it affects their pockets, as if this will better the mediocre services they give to students, bunch of lazy over fed and over pampered cry babies that are actually the problem they are pretending to solve.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
incrediblestev: It is unfortunate that even the supposed students can not coherently explain the contents of the so-called agreement without resorting to shouting out the same old tired songs of corruption and stupid comparisons, little wonder they have continued to stay in the house.
ASSU leadership needs to be reasonable and pragmatic in the way they sort for solution to their problems, I am not moved by the over laboured point of justifying unrealistic demands all because there are other arms of government that are entitled to far more monies, that still does not make it ok for ASSU and its mafia leadership to continue to blackmail and hold students to ransom.

All they have continued to do is talk about aspects of the agreement that favors them no one is talking about the parts of the agreement the FG has actually made serious efforts to show commitment, the problem here is our partisan and anti-government media houses that always feel the need to be antagonistic and spread propaganda, let ASSU stop hiding under the guise of looking out for anyone or wanting FG to honour an agreement which obviously does not have a one off solution to its implementation, all we have heard is that FG has not been honest, the question is which aspect of the agreement has FG reneged on, let us know the importance of getting that aspect of the agreement attended to, is it an aspect that affects their ability to work well, does affect the quality of their service and so on.

In a pragmatic society where everyone understands the worth and significance of their job, hitting home your points in making demands like this wont be hinged on the fact that because other arms of the government earn more, do less or not deserving of the kind of salaries they get, you therefore will stop work and cripple everything until you get your own share of the largesse. If these facts irk anyone in academia so much then may be they should drop the job and head straight to politics where your insatiable demands and material lust can be met instead of jeapardizing the future of students who are the sole victims of these foolish show of power between union and government.

It is unfortunate that the academic union has been infiltrated by partisan politicians who are playing raw politics under the guise of helping out. Little wonder the private sector employers wont let any form of unionism, they don't stand up when you need them unless it affects their pockets, as if this will better the mediocre services they give to students, bunch of lazy over fed and over pampered cry babies that are actually the problem they are pretending to solve.

all these grammar just to make no sense ........... go back to sleep when you wake up write another long and senseless article to please your paymasters and earn your pay
mtschew.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by lucabrasi(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
berryldilty: ASUU is selfish. they behave as if they are the only ones in the education sector. if they want to earn big like those in government, they should resort to politics. an average lecturer earns 1.8million or more per annum not to talk of the PhD holders and professors. what of the primary and secondary school sector which is the bedrock of education is not properly funded in terms of allowances and salaries. a secondary school teacher earns less than 300,000 per annum plus the primary school teachers who earn less than 200,000 per annum. they are very greedy. its time for students to rise up and say NO to this injustice that is being meted out on us. SUG presidents and executives should rise up, NANS should rise up and say NO. universities should pull out of te strike. let there be an enforcement of no work no pay and u will see that they will go back to class.
an average lecturer in the worst higher institution in the uk earns almost 10million naira equivalent per annum,ASUU signed an agreement with Govt once and they refused to honour it,wouldn't it be foolish of ASUU to give Govt the benefit of doubt again on trust?
the higher education sector in Nigeria is in a state of coma,if nothing is done like the radical move ASUU is embarking on i can bet you even Ghana will not accept a Nigerian certificate.

go and find out,all the harvard,cambridge ,oxford e.tc why do you think people rush to attend them and pay a lot of money?
all their lecturers were enticed with big money.the western university system is run like a premiership they entice genius and world class brains to their university with big money.you complain a lecturer is forcing you to buy hand outs why won't they when they are not paid enough?
i schooled abroad and i have never paid 1 penny for handouts all through my degree,no lecturer has ever had sex with a student because they won't want to jeopardise their career and the good money they are collecting

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by lucabrasi(m): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
otokx: ASUU does not give brown envelopes or "kola" to its visitors, neither do they give transport allowance or take care of the hotel bills. The guy said he is an OAU student; why did he not go to the local ASUU chapter president to interact with him?
the ASUU chairman was actually asked why they did not speak to NANS and the man's reply was "which faction of NANS?the ones being sponsored by politicians?
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by incrediblestev: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
lucabrasi:
an average lecturer in the worst higher institution in the uk earns almost 10million naira equivalent per annum,ASUU signed an agreement with Govt once and they refused to honour it,wouldn't it be foolish of ASUU to give Govt the benefit of doubt again on trust?
the higher education sector in Nigeria is in a state of coma,if nothing is done like the radical move ASUU is embarking on i can bet you even Ghana will not accept a Nigerian certificate.

go and find out,all the harvard,cambridge ,oxford e.tc why do you think people rush to attend them and pay a lot of money?
all their lecturers were enticed with big money.the western university system is run like a premiership they entice genius and world class brains to their university with big money.you complain a lecturer is forcing you to buy hand outs why won't they when they are not paid enough?
i schooled abroad and i have never paid 1 penny for handouts all through my degree,no lecturer has ever had sex with a student because they won't want to jeopardise their career and the good money they are collecting
My guy you will do well to comment with facts and not mere exaggerations and out of no where comparisons.
There is no University anywhere in the UK or Europe that is 100% funded by the government, you can not even compare the amount a student in any of the universities pay to the near nothing public university students pay, so what are you yapping about.

The endowment funds of Oxford alone is like more than a hundred times more than our entire education system, you think such funds come from the pockets of the governments? If the FG decides to give full autonomy to school management to generate its own funds do you think an average Nigerian parent will be able yo meet up?

And you obviously don't seem to fully understand the issues here if you think this perennial strikes will do anything to better education in this country. It goes beyond salaries and emoluments of just university lecturers, they only make up a minute fraction of the recurrent expenditure in the education sector that FG spends money. Education does not revolve around the salaries of University lecturers, they are not the only ones who are players in the sector, holding everyone to ransom just because they have disagreement with their employers is not only selfish but also exacerbating the already bad situation.

Let's be realistic here, no matter what anyone thinks or how inappropriate the shenanigans going on in our polity is, there is little justification in the position of ASSU, successful government may have been dishonest in meeting some of the agreements but that can not be used as a justification to take an uncompromising position where you conclude to say until all of your demands are met you won't bulge, that is unreasonable and selfish, and I font see how such a stance helps education in this country.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by kalimera101: 11:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
*hiss*
1 thing I know is that all these long posts, grammars, messages, thoughts, wishes, curses and what have u will not end the strike.
*walks away*
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by koolnd: 9:44am On Aug 30, 2014
Industrial Conflicts:The nature and character of the university as an academic organization entails the achievement and maintenance of a harmonious environment conducive for the working together of various groups of staff and management team for the attainment of institutional goals Ajayi (2000). However, in recent years, the Nigerian University system has experienced series of industrial conflicts with dive

http://www.scharticles.com/industrial-conflicts-nigerian-university-system/
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by betaessays: 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
Industrial conflict is regular in the Nigerian context. Costing us so much revenue from our already depleting resources. For more information, read: http://articlesng.com/industrial-conflict-impediment-personnel-management/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Jos Permanent Site On Fire (photos) / VC Gives Herdsmen Ultimatum To Withdraw Cattle From Campus / "Converting HND To Degree Is Absurd" By Punch Editorial Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.