Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

5 Ways To Hold Your Temper - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper (20439 Views)

Suspected Cultists Hold Family Hostage In Lagos / My Wife Has Crazy Temper Tantrums / Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Krasid(m): 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
Learning how to hold your temper in a fight isn't easy at all.And when you're done lashing out, you realise later that maybe you should have been calm and composed instead of throwing your temper on the person- be it your loved one, family e.t.c.
But here are a couple of tricks that will save you the trouble of being guilty after a fight.

Put yourself in the other's shoes
The best way to control your temper is by
trading places with the other person- the
one who is on the recieving end of your
fury.Think about what he/she must be
feeling while you are yelling or screaming
at them.This will help you control your
anger immediately and calm you down.

Is it worth your anger
Think about the problem that is making you so hyper.Is it really worth so much aggression? Think about the issue calmly whether it is worth all this madness that you are into.If the anwer is no, then put your energy into something else.Honestly, half of the fights most of us get into do not deserve that much energy and madness.

Talk about it
When you communicate about your problems to your loved ones or your family, half of the trouble is over, then and there.Talking about your expectations and what is hurting you can save up on unnecessary trouble.This saves up on a lot of time and will not sap your energy out of you for nothing.

Take deep breaths
Deep breathing will ease your mind and will help you think better about your problems.Just a couple of deep breaths and you will realise what exactly you've been trying to fight and why you are so angry.This one will save you from blowing up every time.

Walk away
The best and the last resort any fights, is to walk away from the problem.If you think that you are not in the condition to talk about the issue with your partner or your family, then just walk away from it.When you are okay, and on the right frame of mind to deal on the problem again, talk about it then.
http://www.ynaija.com/4-ways-to-hold-your-temper/
http://www.m.timesofindia.com/life-style/relationship/man-woman/ways-to-hold-your-temper/articles.how/17923806.cms

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by EfemenaXY: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
Easier said than done.

Some people just 'snap' if you know what I mean.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Kanwulia: 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
I only hold my temper AFTER THE FACT! grin
You go hearrrrrrrrrrrram!
Simple! kiss

MY FAMILY AND MEN LOVE ME JUST LIKE THAT! cool

No shakinnngggg! At least no pretence. . . or BACK-STABBING HOLY NWENJE CHRISTIAN LOVE. . . YOU WILL KNOW WHEN I WANNO KILL YA AZZZE. . . WITH A LONG NOTICE, so you can defend ya azzzze!

Unlike the religious HYPOCRITES. . .looking for IMAGINARY chemical-weapons of 'mass-destruction' TO LOVE THEIR H-ENEMIES as themselves!

LIKE OBAMA AKA BLACK MAN IN GEORGE BUSH-MAN SKIN! cheesy
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Emmyk(m): 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nice. Buh I dont fight. cheesy
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by wellmax(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
I don't get angry!
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by adrainuche(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
Have some more sex....

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
adrainuche: Have some more sex....
...and much more sex.
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by osdayoola(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
easier said than done.
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by alex1612: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
If you can't control your temper, the Bible liken you as a fool. if you have control over your temper, You are helping yourself, in so many ways you can't understand or explain sometimes

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by dridowu: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
The only thing i do is to walk away for @least 1hr

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Kslib(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
Calculate:::
Look at the opponent,consider his size,consider the muscles..
If what you saw made you 'shiver',then my brother,walk-away.. I repeat 'walk-away'...
All izz well!

10 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
after I don slap u I'll surely calm down aiit?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by osdayoola(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
wellmax: I don't get angry!

then u are nt human
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Carlos266: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
but dis dude dont get angry easily..nd by d way.its good 2 be on d ist page
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by KingsleyJay(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kslib: Calculate:::
Look at the opponent,consider his size,consider the muscles..
If what you saw made you 'shiver' ,then my brother,walk-away
All izz well!
U were doin just fine wen u started d post wit present tense then u switched over to past tense
U shud av continued thus
if what you see makes you shiver
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by martyns303(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
adrainuche: Have some more sex....
Lesson, don't use sex to solve problems

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by osdayoola(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
alex1612: If you can't control your temper, the Bible liken you as a fool. if you have control over your temper, You are helping yourself, in so many ways you can't understand or explain sometimes
i pity u
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Tanx for dis. I have serious anger issues nd I need help wish I could attend anger management class cos its getting worse
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by mangbede: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
anger is carried out inadvertently...its usually very difficult 2 think b4 acting wen angry...4 me even wen i walked away,i wil stil make sure i fight u wen next we meet on d street...

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Mdrill(m): 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Actually, The real best way is just to ignore, and walk away..
Gentility ain't Stupidity.
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Sweetapple007(f): 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
A big laugh can help!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by xynerise: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Anger? It has been long I experience that
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by nuelkaosi(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Do I get angry?. Not sure. *Thinking*
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by GudluckIBB(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Its not easy OP,Especially puttting your self in the person's shoes. Person wey ready to kill you, u go dey give am consideration?
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Mdrill(m): 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
But the again, Its also better to let it all out, Than to keep everything bottled up inside.. Thats lethal.
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by SincereBigot: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
GudluckIBB: Its not easy OP,Especially puttting your self in the person's shoes. Person wey ready to kill you, u go dey give am consideration?
crap
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by YoshiMaster: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Thank you op

I was exposed to cellular radiation when I was younger, now whenever I get angry, I smash cellular phones. I have been through so many phones, and the docs say there's no cure. Just yesterday's I used my phone to stone one hediot that bashed my car. I believe I can manage my condition now with the steps you outlined.
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Archmed(m): 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kanwulia: I only hold my temper AFTER THE FACT! grin
You go hearrrrrrrrrrrram!
Simple! kiss

MY FAMILY AND MEN LOVE ME JUST LIKE THAT! cool

No shakinnngggg! At least no pretence. . . or BACK-STABBING HOLY NWENJE CHRISTIAN LOVE. . . YOU WILL KNOW WHEN I WANNO KILL YA AZZZE. . . WITH A LONG NOTICE, so you can defend ya azzzze!

Unlike the religious HYPOCRITES. . .looking for IMAGINARY chemical-weapons of 'mass-destruction' TO LOVE THEIR H-ENEMIES as themselves!

LIKE OBAMA AKA BLACK MAN IN GEORGE BUSH-MAN SKIN! cheesy
this comment is inspired by w*e*e*d

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by crackhaus: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Walk away, go listen to your favourite music...but my personal preference, transfer your aggression on to the one who's trying to make you loose it. Do this by deliberately doing or saying something you know will make them feel bad, then you will feel so much better.

Word to all those with temper tantrums and anger issues; know that no matter how much craze you feel you got, there's always someone out there with a lot more of it. Don't pick a fight with a kid or woman because they're weaker, it might just be your worst mistake.
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by sholay2011(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kingsley Jay:
U were doin just fine wen u started d post wit present tense then u switched over to past tense
U shud av continued thus
if what you see makes you shiver
All izz well!
I believe he's right. "If" most times is followed by a verb in its past tense.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
Aint gat no anger issues,cux if u Bleep up....u go hear am hot hot[color=#006600][/color]
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper by justbelieve: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
i love No. 5 so much

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bullying: I Taught My Son To Fight Back / Professor And Wife Celebrate 55th Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Woman Welcomes Triplets A Year After Losing Her Child (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.