Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,097 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues (5547 Views)

My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. / Vibration And Jerking Problem With Mazda Millenia / Jerking When Trying To Accelerate My 1998 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by Vinzee: 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
Please I need help. I took my EOD to car wash and they washed the engine, since then, if I run above 110km it will start jerking. Someone should please help me with a solution to the problem. Thank you.
Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by cardoctor(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2013
Change your fuel pump or check your fuel delivery pipes.

Most important is the latter.

Why?

You didn't indicate if your car is a v6 or in-line 4 cylinder engine but the point is this. The fuel line coming into the engine is made of hardened plastic. Over time, they get brittle and become susceptible to breaking.

Its possible that while your engine was being washed they may have snapped the pipe. I have seen this happen on a lot of ocassions and the usual measure to be taken would be to get a pipe bridge in the line and then use two clips to tighten it on the fuel line.

The tightening of the jubilee clips constricts the fuel pipe and may restrict the fuel pressure to the injector rails.

On normal engine idle or slow pace driving, you may not notice anything. The jerks would usualy happen when you accelerate hard or when you intend to increase your speed.

Have a look in your engine bay and see if you would notice any bridging of your fuel supply line held by clips.

Car-Doctor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by Vinzee: 8:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Thanks Car Doctor. Its a 4 cylinder engine. I observed dat it has stopped. I travelled from Abuja to Enugu with the car and didn't experience the jerking. Thanks once more.
Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by cardoctor(m): 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
Vinzee: Thanks Car Doctor. Its a 4 cylinder engine. I observed dat it has stopped. I travelled from Abuja to Enugu with the car and didn't experience the jerking. Thanks once more.

Well, if it stopped then probably during the wash somehow water entered your tank and got into your fuel line. Obviously the fuel/water mixture got burnt out and now you are back to normall conditions.

Keep an eye out agaain when having your car engine washed.

Car-Doctor.
Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by BigBossKen: 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
Wow I think I have a similar case wt my Honda EOD (2005 accord model). I just changed d fuel pump today n it's still jerking. I will ve to try d other stuff car doctor just mention to see d effect.

Thanks
Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by abbeYhart(m): 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=BigBossKen post=36504674]Wow I think I have a similar case wt my Honda EOD (2005 accord model). I just changed d fuel pump today n it's still jerking. I will ve to try d other stuff car doctor just mention to see d effect.

Thanks [/quote

I have this model of vehicle. Have you scanned the car? I once had similar problem but its been solved.
Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by abbeYhart(m): 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
BigBossKen:
Wow I think I have a similar case wt my Honda EOD (2005 accord model). I just changed d fuel pump today n it's still jerking. I will ve to try d other stuff car doctor just mention to see d effect.
Thanks

Have you scanned the vehicle? I have this model of vehicle and had similar problem recently. Its been solved anyway.
Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by adanny01(m): 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
I have a 2003 accord. I had the jerking 2 or 3 occassions after car engine wash. It disappeared after 1-3 days driving.

Your car only entered limp mode just like mine did. You car has no speed limiter so the speed may not be the actual cause of jerk but engine speed/rev which has a limiter. On my very first wash after buying the car, the limp mode was so low at about 1800 - 2000rpm (cant remember precisely). That limited my speed very low to less than 100km/h. On another instance, it was 3000rpm but this allowed me up to 120km/h but i would feel it when accelerating beyond the 3000rpm point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by Zizzle104(m): 5:55am On Aug 10, 2015
Hello sir

I have 2003 EOD. When I start the car its jerks. When I want to accelerate it also jerks but once on speed it moves well and the gear select well too. Sir what may be the cause because am tired of this mechanics b4 they distroy the car for me

Thanks
Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by krystaball: 6:55am On Aug 10, 2015
Zizzle104:
Hello sir

I have 2003 EOD. When I start the car its jerks. When I want to accelerate it also jerks but once on speed it moves well and the gear select well too. Sir what may be the cause because am tired of this mechanics b4 they distroy the car for me

Thanks

If in lagos call 07011822425 to scan the vehicle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by lonelydora: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
And again I say " I rather drive a dirty engine than have it washed". I only hand clean my engine after learning my lessons when I was using a 230E v-boot.
Re: 2005 Honda Accord EX Jerking Issues by toxxnoni(m): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2018
abbeYhart:

Have you scanned the vehicle? I have this model of vehicle and had similar problem recently. Its been solved anyway.

Pls help, I have being having issues with my Honda Accord EOD. The car might work smoothly and suddenly refuses to fire or accelerate /stalling. With or without AC on... I need you help urgently.thanks

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advise Needed On Best Jeep To Buy With Budget Of 1.4M / Peugeot 407 Transmission Fault / Federal Government Increases Import Duties On Cars And Other Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.