Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies (33669 Views)

Top Five Phrases Used By Girls To Friendzone Boys / These Phrases Are Liable To Make Some Ladies Really Mad At You / Some Phrases Guys Says To Ladies And Their Real Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by PweetyJay(f): 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
The "It's not you, it's me." line isn't the most ridiculous one men came up with to break up with us. There's lots more where that came from!

I've just put together a list of 20 Ridiculous Break Up Phrases from Men I've ever heard of and my translation of what they really mean!

Have you heard even better ones than these? Please share them with me and we'll complete this list together! wink

1. "I'M JUST NOT READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP RIGHT NOW, BUT IF I WERE... YOU'D BE THE ONE!"

aka:"I'm still not ready to spend the rest of my life sleeping with one person, but if I were, it might be you."

2. "I STILL REALLY CARE ABOUT YOU."

aka: "... Just not enough to really date you or spend much time with you. But I still care!"

3. "I'D LOVE TO STILL BE FRIENDS AND HANG OUT AFTER ALL THIS."

aka: "Can you hook me up with your hot friends after you get over me dumping you?"

4. REALLY NEED TO FOCUS ON (FILL IN THE BLANK... SCHOOL, JOB, GOD, WHATEVER) RIGHT NOW."

aka: "I don't think you'll take this break-up well, but you can't argue with this one."

5. "I'M MOVING TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY, BUT I'LL CALL YOU WHEN I GET BACK."

aka: "I've got to get away from you, fast!"

6. "YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME!"

aka: "And I know I can do so much better than you!"

7. IT HAS BEEN SO GREAT GETTING TO KNOW YOU, BUT I THINK WE NEED TO SPEND TIME WITH OTHER PEOPLE."

aka: "I've already met someone I'd rather spend more time with."

8. "I'VE GOT A FEAR OF COMMITMENT."

aka: "I've got a fear of being tied to you for life!"

9. "I'M FEELING SMOTHERED, AND I JUST NEED TO GET SOME SPACE."

aka: "You're way too in my business, too fast - I am ready to get you out."

10. "THE GUY WHO MARRIES YOU IS SO LUCKY!"

aka: "I just hope I'm not that lucky!"

11. "I THINK WE NEED TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE AND JUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS."

aka: "I'm already sleeping with someone else, and I'm just telling you this before you find out."

12. "I STILL WANT TO BE WITH YOU, BUT I JUST WANT TO TAKE A BREAK."

aka: "I want to try sleeping around, but keep you close in case I can't find anyone else."

13. I'VE GOT A LOT OF ISSUES I NEED TO WORK ON RIGHT NOW."

aka: "My main issue is that I'm just not that into you."

14. "I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE MORE OF A FRIEND THAN A GIRLFRIEND TO ME."

aka: "You're just not as cute as you were when we started dating."

15. "I JUST NEED SOMETHING MORE."

aka: "I'm not sure what more is, but I'm kind of bored, and this line sounds really convincing."

16. "I'M STILL NOT OVER MY EX."

aka: Ouch. This one's probably true.

17. "I WISH WE'D MET FIVE YEARS FROM NOW INSTEAD."

aka: "I'm really not that mature right now, but I probably will be in five years, and then I could've made a great boyfriend/husband!"

18. "WE'RE JUST IN TOTALLY DIFFERENT PLACES IN OUR LIVES!"

aka: "I'm in this place called I Want to Go Out Drinking, Partying, and Sleeping Around, and you're in this place called Let's Settle Down, and those two places don't fit well together."

19. "I JUST RESPECT YOU SO MUCH."

aka: "Please don't tell your friends I'm a jerk, because I might want to date some of them."

20. "I THINK WE GOT TOO CLOSE, TOO FAST."

aka: "When you put your toothbrush beside mine in the bathroom, that really freaked me out."

Post in the comments and let me know the worst ones you've heard of!

www.pweetyjay..com

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by yomanovic: 11:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ok I guess a women will not say anything like this. They just follow the new superman while the one she was once all over is left in wonderland. I think men's ways of breaking up is better, then.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by PweetyJay(f): 12:37am On Sep 13, 2013
lol, grin grin are a guy. share the ones you have heard from women nah..This is basically from a woman's point of view grin grin
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Nutase: 5:04am On Sep 13, 2013
grin
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Tolexander: 5:56am On Sep 13, 2013
OP, you are trying o.
Are you talking from experience?

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 13, 2013
Hey, Girls say nothing or very few things. Actions speak louder than voice. In their cases you hear things like:

Mike, meet my cousin Chinedu from Abeokuta. So tell me how chinedu can be from abeokuta unless u still need someone to tell u that u re out.

26 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Pdizzle(m): 8:03am On Sep 13, 2013
Greensaint: Hey, Girls say nothing or very few things. Actions speak louder than voice. In their cases u hear things like:

Mike, meet my cousin Chinedu from Abeokuta. So tell me how chinedu can be from abeokuta unless u still need someone to tell u that u re out.
hahahaha...girls funny walahi

4 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Eobiabo(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2013
Very true @op

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by ireneidiva(f): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2013
Poster,women use these lines too.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by addictiv(m): 10:14am On Sep 13, 2013
mine went like this yesterday after two good years of a blissful relationship,i noticed she was consciously avoiding me and asked her about it and this was her response

woman :i love you but i really need to be alone right now, i need to think things through cos our relationship is so complicated.

addictiv: k how long should i wait for you to make up you mind?

woman: i dont know, i just want to be alone for sometime

addictiv: i want to see you

woman:no i cant see you,i want to be by myself

addictiv:can i call you

woman:yes feel free to call me anytime

please translate this for me cos me isnt thinking straight ryt now

5 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by PweetyJay(f): 11:01am On Sep 13, 2013
Tolexander: OP, you are trying o.
Are you talking from experience?

grin grin one doesn't need to experience it to know! no?. i believe in learning from other people's mistakes...Even though i do make some myself

4 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by PweetyJay(f): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2013
addictiv: mine went like this yesterday after two good years of a blissful relationship,i noticed she was consciously avoiding me and asked her about it and this was her response

woman :i love you but i really need to be alone right now, i need to think things through cos our relationship is so complicated.

addictiv: k how long should i wait for you to make up you mind?

woman: i dont know, i just want to be alone for sometime

addictiv: i want to see you

woman:no i cant see you,i want to be by myself

addictiv:can i call you

woman:yes feel free to call me anytime

please translate this for me cos me isnt thinking straight ryt now

errrrhm In my opinion dude! u been dumped!!! cheesy grin lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by switdil(f): 11:46am On Sep 13, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Eeeeyaa
@ OP
Sorryy ooo
Men r wicked sha!!!
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lmao! This is so true. I made use of no.1 last week.
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
oh yeah! wld you rather prefer a "non-ridiculous" phrase like...

•Sorry babe, you damn ugly, you kiss terribly, dress horribly. I got myself a hottie

•You and I are one heck of an incompatible couple. I wonder how we lasted a whole day

•I always thot you were the girl of my dreams, in reality, you've been my worse nightmare

•Cmon don't tell me you dint see this coming. Itz over!

17 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Ralphlauren(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
"Babe, I'm going to bring you nothing but trouble. My life is too complicated"

That line is what I use. It never fails. grin

17 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Olayinkaabby: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
I am Not ready
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Well I ve used'' I need some space''
''we got close too fast''
''You deserve someone better'' grin grin grin
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by yuzedo: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
13. I'VE GOT A LOT OF ISSUES I NEED TO WORK ON RIGHT NOW."
My favorite... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lwkm4h
uniqueval: oh yeah! wld you rather prefer a "non-ridiculous" phrase like...

•Sorry babe, you damn ugly, you kiss terribly, dress horribly. I got myself a hottie

•You and I are one heck of an incompatible couple. I wonder how we lasted a whole day

•I always thot you were the girl of my dreams, in reality, you've been my worse nightmare

•Cmon don't tell me you dint see this coming. Itz over!

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by lafuria1(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
if these phrases are ridiculous, what do you guys wanna hear?
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by ogunrhotimi: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Or if GO̶̶̷̲̥̩̥̅̊͡D want Us T̶̲̥̅̊o be husband & wife
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by 80million1: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Let me prepare a ROBUST REPLY!

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by kokoye(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
At least men have a heart and try to provide a soft landing..even if its a lie.

Women on the other hand...hmm....leave story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by MrMac10(m): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
I love my mom so i got to spend quality time with her
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Forzap: 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Lilaex: 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
------/\____\
-----/:/------/
----/:/------/
---/:/------/
--/:/------/
-/:/------/
/:/------/
\:\------\
-\:\------\
--\:\____\
---\/____/
------_____
-----/\------\
----/::\------\
---/:/\:\------\
--/:/--\:\------\
-/:/----\:\------\
/:/------\:\------\
\:\------/:/------/
-\:\----/:/------/
--\:\--/:/------/
---\:\/:/------/
----\::/------/
-----\/____/
-----_____
----|:|------|--_____
----|:|------|-/\____\
----|:|------|/:/------/
----|:|------/:/------/
----|:|-----/:/------/
----|:|----/:/------/
----|:|---/:/------/
----|:|--/:/------/
----|:|-/:/------/
-----\:/:/------/
------\/____/
-------_____
------/\------\
-----/::\------\
----/:/\ \------\
---/:/--\ \------\
--/::\---\ \------\
-/:/\:\---\ \____\
-\:\-\:\__\/____/
--\:\-\/____/
---\:\------\
----\:\____\
-----\/____

This is one thing u have no control OVER.!!!
Never be sad if someone prefers another over you....... its always difficult to convince a monkey that strawberry is sweeter than banana..!

29 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by sexymoma(f): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
I HAVE GIVEN MY LIFE TO CHRIST...... SO I WANT TO TRACE MY WAY BACK SPIRITUALLY.

15 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by xynerise: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
''You boiled the wrong eggs''

4 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by realone2012: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Must I comment?
Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by omoawori(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Our pastor said U and I ar nt compatible spiritually......women's style

4 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Phrases Men Use To Break-up With Ladies by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ridiculous?

Finally given me ways to break up

I tell both of them "I love you"and I make sure the one I'm breaking up with finds out about the other.
Then I say "Baby, it is not like that......" before I get facepalmed to the floor. I just tell the new girl she's my ex

Finally, a way to stop those pains

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife Denies Me Sex. Man Laments / How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? / Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.