Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

How To Promote A Web Forum? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Promote A Web Forum? (2972 Views)

I Need Ideas On How To Promote A First Hand Website Like Nickzom / Google To Promote Secure Websites (HTTPS) In Search Results / 6 Easy Ways To Promote A New Or An Old Blog Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Promote A Web Forum? by yommys01(m): 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2008
This particular thread is targetted at Seun . I want him to tell us what he did to get members to his forum and not just members but regular members . I have a forum call soccerfanbase.com but if I must confess it is being very frustrating getting the members to come back to the forum once they have registered but it all seems nairaland is different, what makes the difference. I need advice from Seun and any other forum owners in the house. how do you get members , keep them and earn a living doing what you love
Re: How To Promote A Web Forum? by uspry1(f): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2008
Be creative working on your forum by getting new SMF graphic theme layout or replacing "SMF BANNER LOGO" to add soccer picture logo on it to bring your target audiences coming back to you.

There are many cool SMF theme layouts created by SMF forum administrators, who are either skilled webmaster with PHP proficient or hire graphic designer creating SMF theme layout, to install them on their website.

RebelRose Networks
http://www.rebelrosenetworks.com/forum/index.php

MMO Champion
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?action=forum

Land Rover Addict - the best 4x4xForum
http://www.landroveraddict.com/smf/

Community Forum
http://.com/index.php

SMF and TP Theme Basic Tutorials
http://www.tinyportalmedia.com/main/index.php?board=41.0;sort=subject
Re: How To Promote A Web Forum? by uspry1(f): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2008
---Use your word of mouth advertisement, newspaper ad classified placement, and radio/TV commercial advertisement to let all soccer fans know about your forum.

---Create your own flyer handout distributing to people on the street to let them know about your forum.

---Create your own 5-minutes video file to upload your YOUTUBE VIDEO site marketing all soccer fans to know about your forum.

---Order to obtain bulk Nigerian target audience:SOCCER mailing labels for postcard mailers sending to your soccer fans.

---Tell your friends, your forum members, and cyberfriends to pass out your forum link or add your forum link banner to their signature box or email signature.

---Create your signature adding your forum link on other social networking sites other than Nairaland.

---Order two magnetic car sign advertisement on your car doors while you drive around to get people on the street notice your forum advertisement. You can take your magnetic car signs off your car doors when you go church or at home. See picture below:

There are no limits imaginations using your marketing promotion skills to convince your target audiences come back to your forum.
Re: How To Promote A Web Forum? by yommys01(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2008
uspry1:

---Use your word of mouth advertisement, newspaper ad classified placement, and radio/TV commercial advertisement to let all soccer fans know about your forum.

---Create your own flyer handout distributing to people on the street to let them know about your forum.

---Create your own 5-minutes video file to upload your YOUTUBE VIDEO site marketing all soccer fans to know about your forum.

---Order to obtain bulk Nigerian target audience:SOCCER mailing labels for postcard mailers sending to your soccer fans.

---Tell your friends, your forum members, and cyberfriends to pass out your forum link or add your forum link banner to their signature box or email signature.

---Create your signature adding your forum link on other social networking sites other than Nairaland.

---Order two magnetic car sign advertisement on your car doors while you drive around to get people on the street notice your forum advertisement. You can take your magnetic car signs off your car doors when you go church or at home. See picture below:

There are no limits imaginations using your marketing promotion skills to convince your target audiences come back to your forum.

Create your own 5-minutes video file to upload your YOUTUBE VIDEO site marketing all soccer fans to know about your forum, how do I create a video ?
Re: How To Promote A Web Forum? by uspry1(f): 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2008
yommys01:

Create your own 5-minutes video file to upload your YOUTUBE VIDEO site marketing all soccer fans to know about your forum, how do I create a video ?

If you have your own webcam with built-in microphone, you can record yourself marketing to introduce your forum setting 5 minutes timer that automated stop for you. I use Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro that comes with its own editor software CD for taking picture or recording video setting.

[list]
[li]First, practice your 5-minutes presentation on your mirror with your MINUTE TIMER set 5 minutes! [/li]

[li]PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE until you are 100% confidence ready for recording your video via your webcam.[/li]

[li]Second, CONVERT YOUR VIDEO FILE to 320x180 email video (too small to view) or 680x320 broadband video whatever you choose and TEST your video file FIRST until you like that file. I mean first video with lot of mistakes, you can delete that file to start over again record video again like i say PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE until video is perfect you want. (use Windows XP/Vista's Movie Maker, free basic video editing software you can edit cutting timeframe you do not want that)

Windows XP/Vista Movie Maker is found at START button> ALL PROGRAM>WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER.[/li]

[li]Third, register your YOUTUBE access to upload your 5-minutes video file there.[/li]

[li]Fourth, finally at last, email your friend your YOUTUBE video link they see your presentation to market your forum.[/li]
[/list]

Helpful tips:GET STARTED WITH WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/getstarted/default.mspx

Good luck!
Re: How To Promote A Web Forum? by uspry1(f): 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2008
[center]How to upload Windows Movie Maker files onto YouTube Video

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3WdQmwHnLk&hl=en"[/flash][/center]
Re: How To Promote A Web Forum? by Seun(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2008
Re: How To Promote A Web Forum? by Creamz(m): 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
I just started a forum now www.naijamatters.com and I just want to say thank you for all these tips here. Will definitely try them out

(1) (Reply)

I Can Add 6k Active Members To Your Facebook Group... For N1000 Airtime. / Semalt: What Does Darodar Mean In Google Analytics? / Please How Do I Pay For An Ad On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.