Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,608 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion (26792 Views)

Banker Warehouse Employment Test / Notification For Employment Test With Heritage Bank / P & G Employment Test Sample Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by spawne: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds: 1 + 1 = 3
See Proof Below

Method one
1 = 1

41 – 40 = 61 – 60

16 + 25 – 40 = 36 + 25 – 60

4² + 5² – 2 * 4 * 5 = 6² + 5² – 2 * 6 * 5

(4 – 5)² = (6 – 5)²

4 – 5 = 6 – 5

4 = 6

2 = 3

1 + 1 = 3

Method two
put a+b = 0

so 1(a+b) = 0

1 = 0/(a+b)

0 = 1

adding 2 on both sides

0+2 = 1+2

2= 3

1+1 =3
Method three
Let x = y, then

x−y+y=y

x−y/x−y+y=y/x−y

We can then simplify as:

x−y/x−y+y/x−y=y/x−y

or

1+y/x−y=y/x−y

1=y/x−y−y/x−y

1=0

Now we know that x = y or 1 = 1 is true and that 1 = 0 or 0 = 1 is true, we pose:

0 = 1
1 = 1
1 = 1

Adding these three equations we get:

0 + 1 + 1 = 1 + 1 + 1

or

1 + 1 = 3
hahahaha. Dude(i'm guessing you a guy), you remind me of the tricks i used to pull in high school,tyring to convince everyone that all numbers were equal. But the truth is there are principles guiding every mathematical operation and lyk book face rightly pointed out, just cause the square of two numbers are equal doesn't imply both numbers are. Cool trick though.

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Hemical: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
infiniteloop: 1+1= whatever you choose to define it.

Like earlier stated, it depends on the operating base of computation.

An example of what I mean is this:
1, 2, 4, ? What's the next number in the series?

This is a common math problem and on lower level of thinking, it is safe to assume this is a GP series and then conclude the next number is 8.

However looking deeper, the next number could be 17/3.

(1x5 -3)/1 =2
(2x5 -3)/2 =4
So third term will be (4x5 -3)/3 =17/3

Point is: when asked such a question, technically the right answer is to ask the condition.
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? HAVE YOU EATEN TODAY? undecided

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by mariannlove(f): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
@all the comments, you mean all ths for only -1plus1. I beg make una no scatter my brain
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by spawne: 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
I'm under the impression you can give any answer and back it sort of.
-1+1 doesn't exactly return every system to zero. For example, reversing the conditions(or process) for an irrevesible system doen't restore it back to its initial state(thermodynamics). I just think you can give any answer(of which there are several) and back it up. *shrug*
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Chidoks(f): 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
[quote
author=SilaV]It depends on the perspective with which an individual
wants to view the equation.For instance,if we were to look at it from
mathematics angle,then the following conditions would apply:
(1) The number bases you are working with.If it were to be base ten,then
the answer would be 2.However,if it were to be base two,the answer
would be "10"(pronounced one-zero)
(2)The operation the cross symbol represents.That is,the concept of
binary operation would be looked at.In binary operation,the cross or
plus sign is not regarded as the "normal addition" operator.Any sign
that comes in-between two numbers in binary operation is often expressed
as "opertion".For example, 1+1 is read as "one operation one".Of
course, in binary operation if the plus sign actually means
addition,then one of the rule would apply;1+1= 1.
Again, if the equation is to be looked at from social perspective,then
the institution of marriage would come to mind.In marriage: 1+1=1
Just my contribution.[/quote]

oga/madam no vex o,na untop 1 plus 1 you day speak long English and maths .abeg o they tell me say 1 plus 1 is two.any other answer na lie!!!
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by yorex2011: 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
basically a test of how wide u can think and hw well u can communicate ur thoughts....after all no use knwing evrything and u cant explain it to sumone....so there is no correct ansa...just perception and justification.....think of it this way....u can be standing in front of a horse with ur friend and he can tell u that its a cow and justify that claim such that even the horse would "moo"

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by thirdeye(m): 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Haaaa!! Graduates don suffer for this country o...na wetin una dey face be dis?
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by akenuka(m): 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
I'm surprised to see people confused at a simple question. I know the fear is because it was given in an interview.
Based on how the quetion is put "use ten minutes to discuss", one simply need to know that this is logical and it is talking about corperation in work. There are more than just 1 person in the workplace but the company has one goal and it needs corperation.
Therefore,
1+1=1
Thanks
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
its a very simple question. I will tell the interviewer that 1+1=2 in arithmetic. But I will simply ask him/she 'what do you want your 1+1 to be, and I can make it happen'

5 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by seangy4konji: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
That's one of the reason am still working damn hard to raise money and start my own business to avoid all dis unneccesary questions in life because you want to give me work then I should now run mad or am I back in kindergatten class or how will that question affect producitivity when am working with you or affect the price of alomo tommorow..am sure they all take marryjane in dat office.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by saintdeby(m): 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
-1+1=1/2 half, in a corporate organisation, d job assigned for 2persons per day, if 1 of dem is not around, d second person can't do more dan his ability, d person datz not around is -1, coz itz not possible for u to do double work assigned for 2persons in d office, so its 1/2 half of d work dat will b done for dat day or week & if possible u want to do d two, u won't b able to finish ur part....
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by koolkamzzy(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mathematically, -1+1=0
In Business, -1+1= BEP (Break Even Point). To justify, define Break Even Point so that you book go full.
SHIKENA!

LOL
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by mentorseries(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
in mathematics to base 10
-1+1=0
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Huh
See answers
Anyway we were told back then in school that there are one thousand and one method in mathematics.
I didn't believe then until now
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Vansnickers: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
I think of this as a number line. If you can imagine both quantities as vectors(quantities that have direction and magnitude ), you'll see that the "1" and "-1" are vectors with the same magnitude but are approaching each other from different directions. Vector theory explains that the addition of these Vectors (equal magnitude, opposite direction ) gives Zero.

Therefore (-1)+(1)=0

Is the question 1+1 or -1+1??

Well for 1+1, the same concept applies; you are adding two vectors with the same magnitude and direction. You can use the head and tail or the parallelogram method.
Add the two vectors together.

1+1 = 2.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by ajf(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
They will later be asking why our students fail jamb when nairalanders can't even read a question carefully(when under no examination pressure).
The question is - 1+ 1=?. We know you are smart, don't be too hasty to tell us.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Tope2580(m): 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
-1 + 1 whc is equal †̥ 1-1, =0.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by dnawah(m): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
saintdeby: in a corporate organisation, d job assigned for 2persons per day, if 1 of dem is not around, d second person can't do more dan his ability, d person datz not around is -1, coz itz not possible for u to do double work assigned for 2persons in d office, so its 1/2 half of d work dat will b done for dat day or week & if possible u want to do d two, u won't b able to finish ur part....
very good u have gotten the job.it is just lik division of labour.

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by vizboy(m): 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
like play like play una wan burst my head. Wetin be all these one na.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Donmichaelz(m): 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
In maths 1+1=2
in relationship 1+1=1(b4 pregnancy)
After pregnancy=2 (On Your Own)

In business 1+1=2
But in case its an igbo businessman=3

In church 1+1= 11111111111...(Wen two or three are gathered am there)

In Food 1+1=0
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by LausDeo(m): 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Egba girl:

The question is: Negative 1 plus positive 1

Not

Positive 1 plus positive 1
check again what the poster wrote. Its 1+1
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by ajf(m): 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
-1+1=0. Reason; you dey buka, your padi buy you one cassava bread to use chop your agonyin beans. As you siddon make you dey enjoy am,na so you sight one fine opeke wey just dey order her beans(wetin fine girl dey find for buka? we no know), as a sharp guy, you quickly pass am your cassava bread (for your mind now, you go soon kolet number). You com chop your beans with no bread use water top am like dat. Belle don full!
-1 na the bread you use toast.
Your padi dash you bread +1
You chop your agonyin beans with no bread =siro!!!
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by lancey(m): 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Codedrock: Ansa= 11 LIKE this if you think i am correct

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by juliusg: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
Egba girl:

Not

The writter was right. The question is positive 1 plus positive 1. Thank you
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by juliusg: 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Egba girl:

Not

The writer was right. The question is positive 1 plus positive 1. Thank you
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by adewasco2k(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
1 + 1 = 2 QED
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by danny3089: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
1+1=10..based on synergy principle in mgt..the sum of d whole is greater dan d individual part
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by ARico(m): 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
I dnt believe this fucking question but if so the answer must be fucking 2
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by olumuyiolaoluwa: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
lyfe: According to my primary school teacher (-1 + 1) is impossible, but(1+1) one plus one

In Arithmetics 1+1 = 2
In bedmatics 1+ 1= 1
In business 1+1= 11
In election rigging 1+1= 11,100 votes

Infact you ar Right. Buh what is the Question again?
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by legendsilver(m): 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
Infoay: Twale 4u. I think ur ans are very logical n intelligent. Exactly my thought. Brawo!
grin borrow pose grin
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by iamdjizzy: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
Codedrock: Ansa= 11 LIKE this if you think i am correct

Nice try!!

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by peruso: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
lyfe: According to my primary school teacher (-1 + 1) is impossible, but(1+1) one plus one

In Arithmetics 1+1 = 2
In bedmatics 1+ 1= 1
In business 1+1= 11
In election rigging 1+1= 11,100 votes

LOOOOOL NAIRALAND NEVER WITHOUT SONE GOOD LAUGHS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice / Advice To Unemployed Graduates / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.