Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (125708 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2014
Cold blooded:
"Ysabel"

Page 276

By Guy Gavriel Kay

Pls guys refer me to more Gothic or horror books/Novels.
a
Try Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin. It's a refreshingly different kind of vampire novel.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nigeriakan: 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
I really am sorry for the data loss on this site. I wish the prob get sorted out sooner.
Throught with Txtn; A gr8 db8 by David Crystal. Fancy how texting started, where it just got to, its future fate or how d Chincos do it their own style using their complex logographic orthogtaphy or the universal influence in every chat language - d buk wl guv u mre dan enuf.
For now I'm on Francine River's A Voice in the Wind -Epub format, 21%. Can't wait to see what becomes of poor Hadassah, brave Artreres, naughty Julia, and the innocent slaves.
Burning against the brutal gladiator culture of the Romans for the mo.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 7:18pm On Jun 28, 2014
Reading Harlan Coben's Caught. On page 15
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 29, 2014
The Fifth Witness( Mickey Haller 3) by Michael Connelly. Page 1.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2014
horbeat: Wao! Great avid readers here. Am so happy to meet you guys,and see a lot of books you all are reading, but I am disappointed that many books mentioned here are mostly non Nigerian author or even African author. I marvelled at this, is it that we don't have good writers in Nigeria or there work don't worth reading, or we are not aware of Nigeria writers? I think the problem is that we all are deceived by imported idea and philosophy.
For me, I have a lot books am now Reading, and many in my bookshelf to be read. Three weeks ago I finished the art of war and the Gods are not to blame by ola rotimi for the second time, last week I completed everything good will come by sefi attack and now at the mid of there was a country by Chinua Achebe, also taking a look at ago sogunro latest work, senator bony face and other sorry tales.
Yesterday i read the preface and intoductory page of the acidebtal public servant, you know how lenghten it is.
You can check on this blog www.readingrecipe. to discover 2013 great Nigeria/africa books.
Guy go siddon jare......if most people don't bother with your African fiction then there's a reason don't you think?I'm not saying Western literature is all that either......Fifty Shades of Grey & The Da vinci Code exist after all, but i'm saying i get more reward for my time when i pick a book that doesn't scream Mother Africa on the cover. When they stop hyping average authors like Chimamanda & promote genuine talent maybe we'll reconsider. Till then happy reading The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Just finished: Missing You by Harlan Coben. Really a great read. Harlan sure knows how to literally make you sit at the edge of your sit without knowing, all cos of the suspense!

Started: Caught by Harlan Coben. Page 1

Thanks Illuminatus wink

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
Meanwhile, I have all of John Grisham's, Sidney Sheldon's and Harlan Coben's books in epub. Downloaded today. grin grin even though I highly doubt if I'll have the time to read them all. Mhen I miss my reading days.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
The Fifth Witness( Mickey Haller 3) by Michael Connelly. Page 1.
Finished,now on to Book 4; gods of Guilt.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by touchmeder: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Americanah
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Aniroly(m): 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
[s]I am reading "What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You?by Mynd_44:"[/s]Am on page 17grin grin grin
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by mspeak(m): 6:46am On Jul 02, 2014
-------
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2014
Finished 'Divergent, now onto Book 2:Insurgent
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Satan by Jeremy Levin
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Lollz(f): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2014
This week z been awesome! I read a whole lota stories ranging from.....

OLA the young moon maiden by (not so sure about the author btw this story was beautifully nigerian and ah loved it!),

SAVIOUR I by vantee,(hilarious! An effect of watching too much sherlock movies),

CYBERLOVER by frank3.16 (twas such a thriller),

::::::::: *LARA'S*::::::::: by bukky dan, divided emotions by HBG nd many others!

These stories hav been there for a really long while but, i just dint hav d zeal to read them! Buh im glad i finally did!!

Just read *laoug* lamentations of an ugly girl ep 1-13 this morning. Its really a cool one!! #Feeling excited#

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
Play Dead by Harlan Coben. Page 135.
BTW, I don't read many indigenous authors because I can't find good ones. I've read all of Adiche's books (and who's that saying she isn't a good author? She is the best Nigerian born contemporary author I know), and I love them. Most of the other African novels are just not my type. The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born is purely overrated. It had less taste than Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen!
My point is, I read good books that I hope to enjoy. It has nothing to do with tribalism and what-not
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
moneyallowed:
Guy go siddon jare......if most people don't bother with your African fiction then there's a reason don't you think?I'm not saying Western literature is all that either......Fifty Shades of Grey & The Da vinci Code exist after all, but i'm saying i get more reward for my time when i pick a book that doesn't scream Mother Africa on the cover. When they stop hyping average authors like Chimamanda & promote genuine talent maybe we'll reconsider. Till then happy reading The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born
.u were making sense till u said Ngozi is over rated.
It means u don't know d worth of salt in d soup.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mczigx(m): 5:55am On Jul 07, 2014
Illuminatus: Play Dead by Harlan Coben. Page 135.
BTW, I don't read many indigenous authors because I can't find good ones. I've read all of Adiche's books (and who's that saying she isn't a good author? She is the best Nigerian born contemporary author I know), and I love them. Most of the other African novels are just not my type. The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born is purely overrated. It had less taste than Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen!
My point is, I read good books that I hope to enjoy. It has nothing to do with tribalism and what-not
chimmanda is the best female writer in nigeria as well as literature is concerned.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: .u were making sense till u said Ngozi is over rated.
It means u don't know d worth of salt in d soup.

It's just my opinion guys, maybe wrong or right but still stand by it. never said she isn't good, only not exceptional. hey but what do i know eh? she's the one with the awards after all

about those awards....am I the only one who downloaded a book cos it won a literary award only to fall asleep on the 1st chapter? dunno what criteria they use but I'm sure boring must be one of them. think they intentionally skip the more beloved books/authors & go for the lesser known ones cos they have this subjective idea of what "literature" is supposed to be.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2014
moneyallowed:

It's just my opinion guys, maybe wrong or right but still stand by it. never said she isn't good, only not exceptional. hey but what do i know eh? she's the one with the awards after all

about those awards....am I the only one who downloaded a book cos it won a literary award only to fall asleep on the 1st chapter? dunno what criteria they use but I'm sure boring must be one of them. think they intentionally skip the more beloved books/authors & go for the lesser known ones cos they have this subjective idea of what "literature" is supposed to be.
.u are right about been to your opinion,but can ask u this question,are u into Literature?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 9:20am On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: .u are right about been to your opinion,but can ask u this question,are u into Literature?
Oh yes. However I believe there's Good literature & bad literature- I enjoy the former & either avoid or tolerate the latter.
did I give the impression I'm not into literature?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Meklex(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
Please where can I download 'we need new names' by Noviolet buwalayo??
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
bourne supremacy by robert ludlum.just got to the last page.next one i am reading is attitude 101 by john .c. Maxwell.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mczigx(m): 6:03am On Jul 08, 2014
Am reading the Good News Bible am in page 431
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbrith. Page 114.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Brisingr(m): 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
Illuminatus: The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbrith. Page 114.
how good is this book ?
I heard it was written by that Popular Female writer
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
Brisingr:
how good is this book ?
I heard it was written by that Popular Female writer
Well, it isn't bad. So far, it is interesting with some mystery, although it could be better.
The book is written by Robert Galbraith...
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Brisingr(m): 3:06am On Jul 09, 2014
Illuminatus:
Well, it isn't bad. So far, it is interesting with some mystery, although it could be better.
Na it was written by J.K rowling under that pen name.google it
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
Brisingr:
Na it was written by J.K rowling under that pen name.google it
I see... And I understand why she used a pen name. But yet...
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
Illuminatus:

Guy, I fear you no be small.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by rudepen(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
the FOG... james herbert... page 100
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
So, I've finally finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (who is supposedly, J.K. Rowling) and I confess that it was disappointing. Yes, it had this interesting plot with such potential but I was disappointed that the story wasn't what I expected. There was so much description and narration, and then some characters speak a variety of English I've never heard of before. I don't know what to say about the ending, except that although I was sated, I wasn't satisfied. I rate the book 4 of 5. *shrug*
Anyway, I started reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. Yesterday. Now at Page 51...
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by DONOCSO(m): 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
The Da Vinci Code page 160

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.