Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (125623 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 15, 2013
I take extreme care when reading so I can improve myself. cry

Im extremely slow but it has helped me so far
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 6:10am On Sep 15, 2013
Americannah, by chimamanda Adichie. Dunno the page as its audio but I think I'm in chapter 19.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Wesslier(m): 6:14am On Sep 15, 2013
repogirl: Americannah, by chimamanda Adichie. Dunno the page as its audio but I think I'm in chapter 19.
Afta u plz (sec sch tinz)
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 6:15am On Sep 15, 2013
Wesslier:
Afta u plz (sec sch tinz)

Lol, u want to borrow it?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Wesslier(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2013
repogirl:

Lol, u want to borrow it?
wish i cud... I heard d book won an award.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Shugamania(f): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2013
OMA4U: ^
Forget that one. Me self, I fit finish Rajkput or Khurmi, let me even say Theraja Theraja in 3 days. Don't ask me how. I was trained to do that.^
Forget that one. Me self, I fit finish Rajkput or Khurmi, let me even say Theraja Theraja in 3 days. Don't ask me how. I was trained to do that.

grin grin grin

Theraja ko, prentice hall ni.

Vickii Ro:
Abi ooooo
I remember having 2 stay up d whole night just 2 finish up a book nd return it d nxt day....Dese days I always fall asleep if I try.
*sad face*

Exactly.. These days it's hard to believe am d same person.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
repogirl: Americannah, by chimamanda Adichie. Dunno the page as its audio but I think I'm in chapter 19.
are audiobooks that cool?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Tovot: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
Custody of the state by CRAIG PARSHALL,its bk2 of the CHAMBERS OF JUSTICE Series,I'M on pg 351
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
I am actually writing

"Burning cold" by Mynd_44
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by yemi2plus(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44: I am actually writing

"Burning cold" by Mynd_44
books you're reading not writing.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
yemi2plus:
Do you write without reading it?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by hyungwang(m): 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
Cahill vs Vesper- The Medusa Plot.
Page 126
jar format.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by yemi2plus(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Do you write without reading it?
Yes. I don't read while writing.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
yemi2plus:
Yes. I don't read while writing.
Good then
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
The Equinox by Eire Rain, online fiction, chapter 6
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Trying to read Americanah By Chiamanda, the beginning looks boring, need to know if the book is awesome as it has been said it will be.... undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ anonimous, they are awesome, you can listen and still do stuff. I plug mine to the speakers while am doing house chores.

@ reineviolet, the beginning is a bit slow, chimamanda wen on and on and on about history and boring stuff but it was for a reason I guess but when you get to the middle, it picks up and you wouldn't want to put it down.
The woman is such a cynic and doesn't let anyone go free. She tackles the racism subject in a cynical and funny way but you definitely get what's she trying to pass across.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Wesslier(m): 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Repogirl I guess i'm interested
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wesslier: @Repogirl I guess i'm interested
Aww, but I can't share it, it's on my amazon kindle.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
repogirl:

@ reineviolet, the beginning is a bit slow, chimamanda wen on and on and on about history and boring stuff but it was for a reason I guess but when you get to the middle, it picks up and you wouldn't want to put it down.
The woman is such a cynic and doesn't let anyone go free. She tackles the racism subject in a cynical and funny way but you definitely get what's she trying to pass across.

Yeah It's quite slow sad. She truly is @ the bolded. Thanks for the encouragement grin. Let me get back to reading it cool
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
Outliers --- Malcom Gladwell

Page 134.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Wesslier(m): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2013
repogirl:
Aww, but I can't share it, it's on my amazon kindle.
Am a bit lost here... Well wen i get bak 2 calabar am gonna source 4 it
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2013
Patricia Cornwell's Cruel and Unusual. Page 170
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 16, 2013
yemi2plus:
tell him
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by timpaker(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
I just started "How Rich People think" by Steve Siebold and i'm in page 55 ("Middle class believes you have to have money to make money... World class believe in using other people's money"wink
The book make sense die!
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by kanechimex(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
just finished Lethal by Sandra Brown
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
kanechimex: just finished Lethal by Sandra Brown

Read that about two years ago, lovely end, i never would have guessed who was behind it all.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by kanechimex(m): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
@repogirl, i couldnt guess who the Bookkeeper was either. It is a lovely book
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
@repogirl the idea of listening and doing something else sounds appealing.

I just finished "The Village Headmaster" - Anezi Okoro. Next on the line is "Arrow of God" - Chinua Achebe.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
@anonimous, did u know that was the next audio book I was going on to? After that anthills of the savannah, its Chinua Achebe reading spree for me.
I'm thinking about focusing more on African writers, get a feel of African writing, been reading too many foreign books, I almost feel foreign, lol.

@reineviolet. Just finished with americannah and I dnt want to give spoilers but I didn't like the end. For all her realism, I felt chimamanda compromised in the end. Concluding the story how she felt her readers would like it, she should have remained true to her cynicism. Hope I haven't spoilt it for you, its an awesome book and you'll enjoy it.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by yemi2plus(m): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
@repogirl... Where do you buy or download your audio books?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by repogirl(f): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
yemi2plus: @repogirl... Where do you buy or download your audio books?
I buy from the amazon bookstore cos I use a kindle to read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.