Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (125753 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Madeu(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
SirChotas:
Do we have Frederick Forsythe fans here?

Uncle I.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Madeu(m): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
oyinlolami:
The Brothers Karamazov. Page 305. smiley

That's nice. Wow! I have been trying to read that book, didn't find any interest in it.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by sage1000: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Started Queen of Fire. The final book in the Raven Shadow Trilogy and so far its been awesome, the twists keep on coming.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Lawalsuleiman(m): 5:51am On Jul 07, 2015
My Current read :- The Upside of Down by Meagan McArdle . It's a very nice motivational book of how failure is actually a step in success at anything.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 7:24am On Jul 07, 2015
sage1000:
Started Queen of Fire. The final book in the Raven Shadow Trilogy and so far its been awesome, the twists keep on coming.
@moneyallowed
Are you done ?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by egorov(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2015
Mynd44:
It does not have to be a novel, it can be a textbook, a pamphlet, Bible, Koran, Ifa tablet, newspaper, something from your phone or anything else.

What book are you reading right now and what page are you?
hello, good morning. I do follow your stories, in ghost mode tho, please I'll like to talk to you about a project on my hands, I want you to be of help. Can we talk privately please? Ur quick response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Mynd44: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2015
egorov:
hello, good morning. I do follow your stories, in ghost mode tho, please I'll like to talk to you about a project on my hands, I want you to be of help. Can we talk privately please? Ur quick response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Send me a PM
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by joseph1832(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2015
oyinlolami:
The Brothers Karamazov. Page 305. smiley
Amazing! I read some while back Richard Leigh and Michael Baigent The Inquisition. There was an excerpt from The Brothers Karamazov.

Been trying to get my hands on Malleus Maleficarum and The Brothers Karamazov but I've been unable to?.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by moneyallowed(m): 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
SIRcumalot:

@moneyallowed
Are you done ?
Nope had to take a break. I'll be done by the weekend. I knos you are. How wouldd you rate it?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
moneyallowed:

Nope had to take a break. I'll be done by the weekend. I knos you are. How wouldd you rate it?
Better than Tower lord
Not as good the first novel
A decent read I think we'll get more book in that world.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Beetroot: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Iliad by Homer.Page 7

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by HouseOfBalloons(f): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Recently finished IT and 11/22/63 by Stephen King and 'and the mountains echoed' by Khaled hosseini. currently on The catcher in the rye by JD Salinger

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by sage1000: 12:21am On Jul 09, 2015
And the mountain echoed was one of the best books I read last year, it some truly exceptional story even if there are some stories that drag on a bit.

Just finished Queen of Fire. Lyrna and Frentis stories were excellent but Vaelin part felt a bit boring, kind of like how I felt reading Frentis story in Tower Lord. It provided a suitable end with several shocking twists so I can't complain. All in all a great conclusion to the trilogy.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 1:31am On Jul 09, 2015
sage1000:
And the mountain echoed was one of the best books I read last year, it some truly exceptional story even if there are some stories that drag on a bit.

Just finished Queen of Fire. Lyrna and Frentis stories were excellent but Vaelin part felt a bit boring, kind of like how I felt reading Frentis story in Tower Lord. It provided a suitable end with several shocking twists so I can't complain. All in all a great conclusion to the trilogy.
We might get a clash between the two last standing empire in the future.
Reva's and Alucius POV's were alright but lyrna and Vaelin dropped the ball.
Have you read the Kite runner ?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
I nid dat book queen of fire sage.. hw do i get it ahhhhhhhhgggggggghhhhhhhhh
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
I nid dat book queen of fire sage.. hw do i get it ahhhhhhhhgggggggghhhhhhhhh grin grin
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
Pls how can I get queen victoria's journal. Preferably The Girlhood of Queen Victoria.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by sage1000: 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
aydriano:
I nid dat book queen of fire sage.. hw do i get it ahhhhhhhhgggggggghhhhhhhhh grin grin

lol, here is a link to an epub version. That is where I got mine from. Enjoy.

http://93.114.44.238/viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=1169087&hilit=queen+of+fire

SIRcumalot:

We might get a clash between the two last standing empire in the future.
Reva's and Alucius POV's were alright but lyrna and Vaelin dropped the ball.
Have you read the Kite runner ?

Nah, I think he is done with that universe for now with the exception of maybe a couple of short stories and I feel it is better like that, it is nice to have an open ended ending.
Here is a link to his thoughts on the novel. https://anthonystuff./
I kind of liked Lyrna's POV maybe because she is my favorite character and was sharing her space with my other favorites like Nortah and Alornis. Vaelin tho... surrounded with characters I couldn't care less about on a quest that was boring was the weakest part of the book.

Kite runner is on my to-do list but right now it is Price of Valor I'm reading, the third in the Shadow Campaigns by Django Wexler. An enjoyable series so far.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 6:59am On Jul 10, 2015
sage1000:

Kite runner is on my to-do list but right now it is Price of Valor I'm reading, the third in the Shadow Campaigns by Django Wexler. An enjoyable series so far.

I was a hoping for war between the two empires seeing as how the empress is still bent on revenge.

Read the thousand names once,
Didn't like it enough to go further.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by CorneliusSulla8: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Red Country by Joe abercrombie

Nine fingers is the greatest fantasy character every written.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by aydriano(m): 12:34am On Jul 11, 2015
Sage my phone couldnt open d epub exe file cry cry.. any oda option
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by UjSizzle(f): 6:35am On Jul 11, 2015
Just started "Blindness" by José Saramago.

It's interesting that not even one dialogue is present in this book.

Next in queue is Khaled Hoseini's And The Mountains Echoed.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Bimffo(m): 6:39am On Jul 11, 2015
UjSizzle:
Just started "Blindness" by José Saramago.

It's interesting that not even one dialogue is present in this book.

Next in queue is Khaled Hoseini's And The Mountains Echoed.

You love reading Novels and Books in General..

What is your secret?? I wanna know how You read Novels and Books without getting Bored.? undecided

Like Sleeping Bored! smiley
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by UjSizzle(f): 6:54am On Jul 11, 2015
Bimffo:

You love reading Novels and Books in General..

What is your secret?? I wanna know how You read Novels and Books without getting Bored.? undecided

Like Sleeping Bored! smiley
Interest.

I've read books since I was a little girl-- I read my books, siblings' books, neighbours' books and practically lived in the school library during breaks grin

So it's interest. My imagination is by far the most active part of my mind; to feed it I need stories. Books provide stories. But now I'd likely find a story anywhere around me (like one bird family nesting above my window).

I do get bored by some books though. Some things like self-help books can put me to sleep cuz they're so monotonous-- no colour. Still there's hardly a book (or pamphlet sef) that passes by me that won't get at least a cursory glance, a quick flip through the pages or a look of longing if I can't have it embarassed

So I'll advice you find what interests you and begin from there.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Bimffo(m): 7:00am On Jul 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

Interest.

I've read books since I was a little girl-- I read my books, siblings' books, neighbours' books and practically lived in the school library during breaks grin

So it's interest. My imagination is by far the most active part of my mind; to feed it I need stories. Books provide stories. But now I'd likely find a story anywhere around me (like one bird family nesting above my window).

I do get bored by some books though. Some things like self-help books can put me to sleep cuz they're so monotonous-- no colour. Still there's hardly a book (or pamphlet sef) that passes by me that won't get at least a cursory glance, a quick flip through the pages or a look of longing if I can't have it embarassed

So I'll advice you find what interests you and begin from there.

INTEREST! Thanks. smiley
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by will007: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2015
Winter"s gold by william heffermann
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by herald9: 7:41am On Jul 11, 2015
didn't know a thread like this exists.

Well these are my collections of all John Grisham novels.

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
herald9:
didn't know a thread like this exists.

Well these are my collections of all John Grisham novels.
lol 10,000ebooks?

What am I reading now sef?

Ok I remember,

Revolution - Russell Brand. tbh, I drag through some chapters of this book but I still read it when I get the chance to. The dude does has some nice points though.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by herald9: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
An0nimus:

lol 10,000ebooks?

What am I reading now sef?

Ok I remember,

Revolution - Russell Brand. tbh, I drag through some chapters of this book but I still read it when I get the chance to. The dude does has some nice points though.
Lol. The app helped me a lot. Are you using it too?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by danthamccoy(m): 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:
Red Country by Joe abercrombie

Nine fingers is the greatest fantasy character every written.
No arguments here.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by danthamccoy(m): 11:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by herald9: 5:06am On Jul 12, 2015
Have taken a break from the Grisham's... Now reading THE ROBOT OF DAWN by Isaac Asimov.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.