Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,074 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? - Literature (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? (125575 Views)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / Love Reading, Right? Well, Check This Site Out! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by queenfav(f): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
XKZ:

I'm impressed.
Do you share?
nah..too stressful.You can download on www.bookos-z1.org
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by XKZ(m): 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
queenfav:
nah..too stressful.You can download on www.bookos-z1.org

Was looking for specific books and they don't have it. Was wondering if you would have them.
Did you get all your books from them?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2015
Just finished the Final Detail by Harlan Coben and The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. The former is a serious mystery thriller and the later is a comedy about a...well, you already know. Lol. I'm currently reading Anything Could Happen by Will Walton. Something for the YA reading group. It isn't spectacular, but it's not a total waste either.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
I was wondering if I could get The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma or any other book that made the Man Booker Shortlist...?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Illuminatus:
I was wondering if I could get The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma or any other book that made the Man Booker Shortlist...?

Cc UC forum : forum.ucweb.com . Register, then use the search button. You can always request new books unavailable on bookzz.org, bookfi and their sisters under Mobile Resources > ebooks. Or search for their torrents on torrent sites.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Tushkid74(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
The Bourne Objective- Robert Ludlum.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Aspireahead(m): 12:18am On Nov 05, 2015
reading THE ANATOMY OF FEMALE POWER by Chinweizu.....mad author this man is
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Tushkid74(m): 8:22am On Nov 05, 2015
The Hades Factor -- Robert Ludlum.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Illuminatus(m): 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
In the Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware. I don't know what to make of it yet. Page 54.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Tushkid74(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
Art of War -- Brad Thor.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
One hundred years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
The Dread wyrm (traitor Cycle book 3). By Miles Cameron.
Lords and Ladies by Terry prachett.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
Paul Bloom - Just Babies: The Origin of Good and Evil Pg. 30

A leading cognitive scientist argues that a deep sense of good and evil is bred in the bone.

From John Locke to Sigmund Freud, philosophers and psychologists have long believed that we begin life as blank moral slates. Many of us take for granted that babies are born selfish and that it is the role of society—and especially parents—to transform them from little sociopaths into civilized beings. In Just Babies, Paul Bloom argues that humans are in fact hardwired with a sense of morality. Drawing on groundbreaking research at Yale, Bloom demonstrates that, even before they can speak or walk, babies judge the goodness and badness of others’ actions; feel empathy and compassion; act to soothe those in distress; and have a rudimentary sense of justice.

Still, this innate morality is limited, sometimes tragically. We are naturally hostile to strangers, prone to parochialism and bigotry. Bringing together insights from psychology, behavioral economics, evolutionary biology, and philosophy, Bloom explores how we have come to surpass these limitations. Along the way, he examines the morality of chimpanzees, violent psychopaths, religious extremists, and Ivy League professors, and explores our often puzzling moral feelings about sex, politics, religion, and race.
In his analysis of the morality of children and adults, Bloom rejects the fashionable view that our moral decisions are driven mainly by gut feelings and unconscious biases. Just as reason has driven our great scientific discoveries, he argues, it is reason and deliberation that makes possible our moral discoveries, such as the wrongness of slavery. Ultimately, it is through our imagination, our compassion, and our uniquely human capacity for rational thought that we can transcend the primitive sense of morality we were born with, becoming more than just babies.

Paul Bloom has a gift for bringing abstract ideas to life, moving seamlessly from Darwin, Herodotus, and Adam Smith to The Princess Bride, Hannibal Lecter, and Louis C.K. Vivid, witty, and intellectually probing, Just Babies offers a radical new perspective on our moral lives.

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by scampy(m): 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
John Le Carre - Little Drummer Girl

Superb novel
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by ichommy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
The Magic of Thinking BIG

Dr. David Schwartz

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by SIRcumalot: 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
Lonesome dove by Larry mccmurtry This is the best fiction I have read this year.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by scampy(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
Micheal Connelly - Crime Beat
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Memunah(f): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
12 years a slave by Solomon Northup
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nicholausian(m): 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
Alex Berenson- The Silent Man
page 29
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nikki44: 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
"The butter fly" last page. Plus am new here grin

1 Like

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
The Black Swan ~ Nassim Nicholas Taleb. A nonfiction.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
Just finished reading "The Way of kings" by Brandon Sanderson. Can anyone tell me where to download the second book "Words of Radiance" in Stormlight Archive series Adey beg
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
A little life
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by kingsamosy(m): 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
The secret of the ages by Robert Collier
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Memunah(f): 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
just finished reading Ola Rotimis Our husband has gone mad again... hilarious book
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by oyinlolami(f): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2015
joseph1832:
Amazing! I read some while back Richard Leigh and Michael Baigent The Inquisition. There was an excerpt from The Brothers Karamazov.

Been trying to get my hands on Malleus Maleficarum and The Brothers Karamazov but I've been unable to?.

Oh dear. Do you have it now? I could send you a copy via mail if you don't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by joseph1832(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2015
oyinlolami:

Oh dear. Do you have it now? I could send you a copy via mail if you don't.
No I don't. Please do, I wouldn't mind the kind gesture.

Is it an E-book?
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by oyinlolami(f): 9:35am On Dec 31, 2015
joseph1832:
No I don't. Please do, I wouldn't mind the kind gesture.

Is it an E-book?

Yes it is. Please give your email address. Would send immediately.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by joseph1832(m): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2015
oyinlolami:

Yes it is. Please give your email address. Would send immediately.
joseph1832@yahoo.com. Thanks for the gesture, you made my last day of the year.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by oyinlolami(f): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2015
joseph1832:
joseph1832@yahoo.com. Thanks for the gesture, you made my last day of the year.

Done.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by nicholausian(m): 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
Just finished Bayo Adebowale's Lonely Days. Brilliant.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by Babe2sure(f): 1:27am On Jan 05, 2016
She's come undone by Wally Lamb. I'm on page 7.
Re: What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? by An0nimus: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2016
SirWere:
Just finished reading "The Way of kings" by Brandon Sanderson. Can anyone tell me where to download the second book "Words of Radiance" in Stormlight Archive series Adey beg
Try torrents. Used to have it but lost almost all my files. Spoiler: Book one was more killer tongue. Don't even know if others are out

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (61) (Reply)

S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / The Godmother / Despite All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.