Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

How To Become An Atheist - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become An Atheist (22962 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Joshthefirst(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
voltron: ^^^
Purpose is a critical element in the survival of the species.. it can be argued that though Animals do not have Souls... they have Purpose (even though it is a myopic one). Christians deem the ultimate purpose in Life is to Worship God infinitely in eternity. all our striving to understand ourselves in perfecting this purpose ultimately ends in the placid scenario stated above.

Christians often argue that to belief in "nothing" (as they crudely label atheists) is to not have a Purpose in Life as it were. aimless, blissfully ignorant and tirelessly foolish in our sense of reason.. fortunately the tome of Christianity i.e The Holy Bible, prescribes LOVE for all regardless of the race, culture, religion, beliefs etc.. it is one Commandment that a visible Majority of Christians fail to understand or blissfully ignore when it comes to Religion... they FAIL so horribly at this i often wonder how they arrogantly place themselves on the train to Heaven.

Smh.

Do you know what heaven or worship is?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Smh.

Do you know what heaven or worship is?

Classic example of a hypocritical Christian.. do you think i was born an atheist.? I am sure if you are asked to explain Heaven and Worship you will pack up your brains and run away from this thread. This is a clear example of what a True Christian should not be. Proud, Unintelligent, Ignorant, Poor Knowledge of the Word of God and Hateful of others who do not subscribe to his myopic understanding of the Bible.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Joshthefirst(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2013
voltron:

Classic example of a hypocritical Christian.. do you think i was born an atheist.? I am sure if you are asked to explain Heaven and Worship you will pack up your brains and run away from this thread. This is a clear example of what a True Christian should not be. Proud, Unintelligent, Ignorant, Poor Knowledge of the Word of God and Hateful of others who do not subscribe to his myopic understanding of the Bible.
why are you so insecure? How am I proud and ignorant of Gods word?
Smh.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 13, 2013
Joshthefirst: why are you so insecure? How am I proud and ignorant of Gods word?
Smh.

insecure... how.. your actions show you up
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
Bidam:

Look at what Paul the chief of sinners( 1 Timothy 1:15) told the greek philosophers and idol worshipers in thesalonica, because they humbled themselves to listen to him.

And we also thank God continually because,when you received the word of God,which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men,BUT AS IT ACTUALLY IS THE WORD OF GOD WHICH IS AT WORK IN YOU WHO BELIEVE. ( 1 Thessalonians 2:13).

But the sinner is too imperfect, filled with doubt and faulted senses and weak to his sinful instincts, how then is this sinner fit to spread the perfect news?!

The issue is too bare to ignore.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Joshthefirst(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
Kay 17:

But the sinner is too imperfect, filled with doubt and faulted senses and weak to his sinful instincts, how then is this sinner fit to spread the perfect news?!

good evening ma'am.

God has made us fit. He has changed our natures. He has made us righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 14, 2013
Kay 17:

Rather, the issue is about God working in us and through us,though our frailty.

The Holy Spirit inspires us.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 9:41am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: good evening ma'am.

God has made us fit. He has changed our natures. He has made us righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

And if I witness you sinning, that alone is sufficient to condemn you as a sinner.

@bidam

Sinners are desperate ppl too, you could be lying and I don't trust you.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Nov 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Here's another lame excuse skeptics give:

"If I were God, I'd hate to have you people speaking on my behalf."

We do our best, but we are fully aware that "God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe" (see 1 Corinthians 1:21). He chose the weak vessels of human beings to take the message of everlasting life to weak and dying human beings.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
Kay 17:
@bidam

Sinners are desperate ppl too, you could be lying and I don't trust you.
Then trust the sure more word of prophecy.The word of God spoken through us. They are Spirit and they are Life.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
Someone Said: "Galileo was censured by the church, and he's far from the only example. When the church would claim dominion over that which rightfully belongs to science, then atheists have every right to be angry at it for preventing human advancement. Would we have ever landed on the moon if the church had kept convincing everyone the Earth was flat?"

Galileo wasn't an atheist. When the Roman Catholic church confined him to house arrest he protested, “I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” Also, almost everyone (including scientists) believed that the earth was flat (except theist, Christopher Columbus and some others). And don’t forget that the men who landed on the moon read Genesis chapter one from space, and just before the landing they took communion and thanked God for sending a Savior. The president of American Atheists, Inc., at the time tried to sue NASA for reading their reading of the Bible, but it was thrown out of court. - Ray.

Watch -->> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Someone Said: "We don’t know how we came here, but let's study and try to find out and not to give a simple answer like 'God.’"

Atheists may not like God being the answer to that question. But that’s like saying, “We don't know what two plus two adds up to, so let's not give a simple answer like ‘four.’"

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
If you are tired of hearing about God's mercy, please know that you will never hear about it in Hell. -> www.needGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 11:37am On Nov 19, 2013
How is God's mercy shown?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2013
Kay 17:

How is God's mercy shown?

God's grace is receiving what we don't deserve and God's mercy is not receiving what we deserve.

God is righteous and has justly sentenced man to death, so that we received the punishment we deserve. However, God exercised grace because of His love for us and took that punishment upon Himself as the payment for our sin.

God took pleasure in all of His creation (Revelation 4:11), but He loved people most of all. He uses the deterioration of the created universe to show us the consequence of our sin. If we did not experience the consequences of our rebellion against our Creator, we would never understand that we need salvation from our sin, and we would never receive His offer of mercy for our sin.

Most people easily recognise that there is a problem in the world. We need to realise that there is One who has overcome this problem of death and suffering, and this Person is Jesus Christ. AiG.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
What offence/sin is a day born baby guilty of?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Kay 17:

What offence/sin is a day born baby guilty of?

What offence/sin are millions of unborn babies guilty of?

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
When you turn your back on God, any way you go is a wrong direction.

Watch -> www.evolutionVsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Questions and objections:

"Ray. I feel sorry for you that you think your God of infinite love and wisdom could be so narrow-minded as to condemn two consenting adults to death for getting married. Your God seems to mirror your beliefs so perfectly always. That's convenient." Leonie Trent

Thank you for your sorrow. But I don't need it. You should rather have sorrow for yourself and others who are unsaved. God has condemned all of humanity to death and damnation (not just homosexuals). Perhaps you have noticed that ten out of ten die. But because He is rich in mercy He will grant everlasting life to all who repent and trust alone in Jesus. See www.needGod.com for details.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Rhymeyjohn: 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
voltron:

the consistent inconsistency of an atheist, but atheists say everybody is born an atheist, deny?!
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What offence/sin are millions of unborn babies guilty of?

Ok Obama is wrong, pls answer my question
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
Kay 17:

Ok Obama is wrong, pls answer my question

What about the mother of all murderers? Obama is just their father. cool

http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Someone Said: "The creator of the Internet, a homosexual, and Bill Gates, who gave away billions to help humanity, and the creator of Facebook, and another atheists...are all going to Hell?"

Ray Answers: Being rich or inventing something doesn’t mean that you get an automatic pass if you violate criminal law. Anyone who has violated God’s Law (the Ten Commandments) will end up in Hell, irrespective of how rich they are or what they've invented. By the way, Bill Gates is not an atheist.

Watch --> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 5:49am On Nov 21, 2013
Oladeegbu

Yes both obama and the other woman are wrong, so back to my question: what are the sins/offences of day old babies?!
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Someone Said: "The creator of the Internet, a homosexual, and Bill Gates, who gave away billions to help humanity, and the creator of Facebook, and another atheists...are all going to Hell?"

Ray Answers: Being rich or inventing something doesn’t mean that you get an automatic pass if you violate criminal law. Anyone who has violated God’s Law (the Ten Commandments) will end up in Hell, irrespective of how rich they are or what they've invented. By the way, Bill Gates is not an atheist.

Watch --> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

1st of all,im no atheist.i just follow this thread to adress some conflicting issues i have with religion and/or its authenticity in some areas,for obvious reasons. Well,all id like to ask is that you provide concise PROOF that bill gates isnt an atheist,sir.because the net says he is. (and just for the record,whether he is or isnt doesnt change the fact that i respect and admire him greatly.) thank you.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
datopdlink:

1st of all,im no atheist.i just follow this thread to adress some conflicting issues i have with religion and/or its authenticity in some areas,for obvious reasons. Well,all id like to ask is that you provide concise PROOF that bill gates isnt an atheist,sir.because the net says he is. (and just for the record,whether he is or isnt doesnt change the fact that i respect and admire him greatly.) thank you.

Thank God that you said that you're no atheist, because they don't exist. Atheists are those who are certain in their belief that there is no God. As for Bill Gates he isn't sure if there is a God and that makes him agnostic.

http://www.celebatheists.com/wiki/Bill_Gates
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Thank God that you said that you're no atheist, because they don't exist. Atheists are those who are certain in their belief that there is no God. As for Bill Gates he isn't sure if there is a God and that makes him agnostic.

i checked out the link.fair enough....thanks a lot sir.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

so he he cool then...
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
Kay 17: Oladeegbu

Yes both obama and the other woman are wrong, so back to my question: what are the sins/offences of day old babies?!

None. You haven't answered the offences of millions of unborn babies that are still being murdered today.

Re: How To Become An Atheist by davidhume1: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

None. You haven't answered the offences of millions of unborn babies that are still being murdered today.

Hope you know that 15-20% of recognised pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion!

What does God have against these unborn babies?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Joshthefirst(m): 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
david_hume:

Hope you know that 15-20% of recognised pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion!

What does God have against these unborn babies?
why blame God.

But listen to yourself man. Think. You hate God then, but you blame him for spontaneous abortion and use it to justify mass murder and intentional abortion?!

I weep for you. I weep for the child denied a chance to live. I weep for the child encouraged in godlessness.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
Joshthefirst:

why blame God.

But listen to yourself man. Think. You hate God then, but you blame him for spontaneous abortion and use it to justify mass murder and intentional abortion?!

I weep for you. I weep for the child denied a chance to live. I weep for the child encouraged in godlessness.

May God have mercy on us. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Pastor Sarah Omakwu Appeals To Buhari To Stop Killings In Nigeria (Photos) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? / TB Joshua Prophesied The Boston Marathon Explosions Since January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.