Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,027 members, 7,803,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List (56814 Views)

The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List / Who Are The Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria Now? / Nigeria's Top 10 Richest People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by dulaman: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Very few Nigerians have made the Forbes list of richest people in the world the reason been that Forbes estimates the wealth of individuals and rank them based on the value of shares they have in quoted companies (companies listed on the stock exchange).

The few Nigerians that have the list are Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga and Femi Otedola.

The list of top 21 Richest Nigerian billionaires has been based on:

The value of their shares held in quoted companies, the size and market share of their companies, the number of companies they own and its assumed value, the market value of their company’s brand and the impact of their companies on the Nigerian economy.

Despite the harsh terrain and business challenges involved with starting a business in Nigeria; the successful entrepreneurs listed below held their ground and fought their way to the top.

In a country with a population of over 160 million inhabitants and millions of businesses; these 20 entrepreneurs diligently carved their names in the sands of time.

Check out the list below.

1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – founder of Dangote Group, Richest man in Africa and Richest black man in the world

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial Trust Bank, Globacom

3. Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas

4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group

5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group

6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Flee

7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone

8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank

9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria

10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group

11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group

12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group

13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards etc.

14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group

15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT,

16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group

17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas

19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox Computer

20. Fola Adeola – GTBank

21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig LTD, Distributor of Toyota cars

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/the-21-richest-people-in-nigeria-2013-the-full-list/
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Nwaoguta(m): 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
and lastly. my humble self nwa oguta oil and gas P.l.c.

1 Like

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Caleboha(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
Kindly delete Orji Uzor Kalu from the list. That 4th place is highly undeserved. Using embezzled money to fund your company or biznes doesn't inspire me or anyone! We admire entrepreneurs, people who worked smart and clean, not thieves!!! undecided

6 Likes

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by vedd: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
My name wil surely be on that list... soonest! Mark my words!!!

1 Like

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Sirniyeh(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
This list is not acceptable!
Lets forget about sentiment, TINUBU is more richer than some names mentioned in the list.
Apart from HIM, there are many rich people like.......names withheld
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by MayorofLagos(m): 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Oh, hell no! nobody from Alaba, ASPAMDA or Ladipo

OP, this list is not acceptable to me. angry

1 Like

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Built2last: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
this list should have been 21 richest entrepreneurs not 21 Richest Nigerians..,

How much is Dangote and all you listed owing banks.These guys below are madly rich and they are not owing any bank.

Gen IBB
Gen TY Danjuma, Sapetroleum, and the second largest farm in Spain
Abdulsalam abubakar
Late gen. Abacha
Atedo peterside, founder stanbic IBTC Bank, chairman UAC abi nestle plc i cant remeber now
Atiku Abubakar
plenty names.

1 Like

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by danduchi(m): 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Where Davido papa
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by drnoel: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Caleboha: Kindly delete Orji Uzor Kalu from the list. That 4th place is highly undeserved. Using embezzled money to fund your company or biznes doesn't inspire me or anyone! We admire entrepreneurs, people who worked smart and clean, not thieves!!! undecided
million likes****
but then again on second note, who on that list make money in an honest way? Still respect to Dangote for reinvesting in the country that he made his money in.
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Nwaoguta(m): 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sirniyeh: This list is not acceptable!
Lets forget about sentiment, TINUBU is more richer than some names mentioned in the list.
Apart from HIM, there are many rich people like.......names withheld
we are not talking about agberoes.
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by 13volts(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Rabiu Abdulsamat name is missing BUA CEMENT

1 Like

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by SterlingTowers(m): 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
People just draw up list from their keister, if we want to go by billionaire I can supply endless list of people that are billionaire in nigeria that you guys don't even know or have not heard of but we talk about the richest how can Folake Alakija be missing on the list, the lady that is worth over six hundred million dollars I.e. Whooping ninety six billionaire naira and makes one hundred and sixty million naira per day. What a list. What of Fernadez, Harry Akande, Karl Lawal. I quit. My last two former employers are even richer than some of those guys on the list.

1 Like

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by manchy7531: 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
Caleboha: Kindly delete Orji Uzor Kalu from the list. That 4th place is highly undeserved. Using embezzled money to fund your company or biznes doesn't inspire me or anyone! We admire entrepreneurs, people who worked smart and clean, not thieves!!! undecided

Dont get it twisted, orji uzor kalu has been a billionaire before joining politics, and hope you wont come to tell us tomorrow to delete ifeanyi ubah from the list if he wins anambra governorship election.

BTW where is

Dr Tony elumelu (UBA,Heirs holdings,Tony elumelu foundation, ),

Dr Ernest Nnaemeka Azudialu-Obiejesi (Nigeria’s biggest oil baron,Founder and Group Managing Director of Nestoil PLC, Nigeria’s foremost indigenous oil and gas company)

Mr. Frank Nneji, OON (ABC transport and FIBI sausage roll)

Prince Arthur Eze,(Chairman of Orient Petroleum)

Sir Emeka Offor, (Chairman of Chrome Group)

Dr Innocent Chukwuma(CEO innoson group)

2 Likes

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Kandaha: 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Built2last: this list should have been 21 richest entrepreneurs not 21 Richest Nigerians..,

How much is Dangote and all you listed owing banks.These guys below are madly rich and they are not owing any bank.

Gen IBB
Gen TY Danjuma, Sapetroleum, and the second largest farm in Spain
Abdulsalam abubakar
Late gen. Abacha
Atedo peterside, founder stanbic IBTC Bank, chairman UAC abi nestle plc i cant remeber now
Atiku Abubakar
plenty names.

Abeg go back to Syria. How do you expect the wealth of Politicians to be published. You mentioned
Abdulsalam, IBB, Atiku? Weird Individual like you.

1 Like

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Livinusc(m): 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
I must surely make d list soonest by d special grace of God.
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by YoshiMaster: 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
OP, you must not know bout me, you must not know bout me.

I can have a million naira in a minute, matter fact it'll be here any minute.

Please revise your list.
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by ShineIt: 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2013

Bros did you notice the 2nd and 3rd names on that list are Yorubas, and they made their money from "our oil".

Its painful seeing people whose tribe has no verifiable oil (except ororo) become billionaires from other peoples resources.

Join me in hoping they choke on this stolen resources?
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Balkan(m): 4:11am On Sep 14, 2013
tell amongs all those Yoruba people that did not make their money stealing from the government apart from the Igbo folks. Orji was a billion ever before coming to serve as a Governor.

1 Like

Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Godmother(f): 6:30am On Sep 14, 2013
Lesson learnt; some of these people have more than one business empire eg Mike Adenuga, Jimoh Ibrahim, Dele Fajemirokun and co. Which means they have money rolling in from more than one source
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by biafranqueen: 6:42am On Sep 14, 2013
manchy7531:

Dont get it twisted, orji uzor kalu has been a billionaire before joining politics, and hope you wont come to tell us tomorrow to delete ifeanyi ubah from the list if he wins anambra governorship election.

BTW where is

Dr Tony elumelu (UBA,Heirs holdings,Tony elumelu foundation, ),

Dr Ernest Nnaemeka Azudialu-Obiejesi (Nigeria’s biggest oil baron,Founder and Group Managing Director of Nestoil PLC, Nigeria’s foremost indigenous oil and gas company)

Mr. Frank Nneji, OON (ABC transport and FIBI sausage roll)

Prince Arthur Eze,(Chairman of Orient Petroleum)

Sir Emeka Offor, (Chairman of Chrome Group)

Dr Innocent Chukwuma(CEO innoson group)

ubah owes over 68 billion in debt and they have sized his company
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Austeenxx: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2013
OP, you must be high on crack that I don't even know its name!

How can you forget our own The-Red-Cap Chief Sweetus Oyegeyege, chairman of BiB(Banana Iceland Billyonaires)
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 14, 2013
----
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by pxjosh(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2013
What of the big pastors in Nigeria? Are they nt C.E.Os of churches?
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 14, 2013
My name is missing in that list. OP, u dey craze undecided Contact Bank of America and they will tell you my worth. Idiiiiiiot grin
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by abokinside: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2013
Orji Kalu like a typical fraudster registered different companies like shipping companies without a single vessel, slok airline without a single plane but three years into his first term suddenly the planes arrived, the ships arrived. And just like that started building his businesses in broad daylight with public funds. In my opinion he is the biggest fraudster in Nigeria. Orji and his mum stole everything steal able in Abia.
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by ketoprofen(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2013

who worked smart and clean?
Dangote?
Abeg.....
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by ketoprofen(m): 11:00am On Sep 14, 2013
Shine It:

Bros did you notice the 2nd and 3rd names on that list are Yorubas, and they made their money from "our oil".

Its painful seeing people whose tribe has no verifiable oil (except ororo) become billionaires from other peoples resources.

hahahahahahaha.
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by ketoprofen(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: Oh, hell no! nobody from Alaba, ASPAMDA or Ladipo

OP, this list is not acceptable to me. angry

how do u know none of dem is from Alaba
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by ediko5(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
This people should not be called "The Richest People In Nigeria" but "The Fairly Legitimate Richest People In Nigeria" Because if you are talking about the real rich people then where big Nigerian Political God Fathers?

When i hear that Dangote is the richest black man on earth with $20b, i always laugh when people like OBJ,IBB,Abacha,T.Y Danjuma and even some former governors have more than that amount.
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by Silvani(m): 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
biafranqueen: ubah owes over 68 billion in debt and they have sized his company

Says who? Don't follow them say... Ifeanyi Uba is not owing anybody. Forget about political propaganda joor
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by rafcrown(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2013
Shine It:

TRIBALIST OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List by otunbadan(m): 11:30am On Dec 06, 2014
Caleboha:
Kindly delete Orji Uzor Kalu from the list. That 4th place is highly undeserved. Using embezzled money to fund your company or biznes doesn't inspire me or anyone! We admire entrepreneurs, people who worked smart and clean, not thieves!!! undecided

He was a billionaire before governance came calling,he was one of the early main funders of PDP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Loan Apps: I Have Used My Hands To Bury Myself / CBN Withdraws Skye Bank’s License To Operate / How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.