Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:13 PM

Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press (48689 Views)

Prof. Wole Soyinka's Tribute To Sen. Asiwaju Tinubu. / Why Asiwaju Tinubu Is Displeased With Muiz Banire / Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Maxymilliano(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2013

These are not the best of times for one of the brains behind the newly registered All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as information reaching Paparazzi Magazine suggests that he is at the moment down with the dreaded and incurable Parkinson’s disease.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu dropped out of circulation several weeks ago and his absence at this crucial time in the run-off to the 2015 general elections and the consolidation of the newly registered party has raised questions as Nigerians want to know the whereabouts of the man popularly called Jagaban. To douse the anxiety of his followers and shut up critics, the media team of the former Lagos State governor released a statement weeks back claiming that he had gone for surgery of a knee he injured during his active sporting days, which became nagging due to some social and family activities,.

Paparazzi Magazine can however reveal that the real nature of Asiwaju Tinubu’s ailment is Parkinson’s disease which sources say he has been suffering from but has now started progressing to its advance stage.

According our source, Asiwaju Tinubu did not go for any surgery but has to take time off from his very busy political engagements and avoid the Nigerian public because the disease is beginning to advance.

“Asiwaju is suffering from Parkinson’s disease! He did not go for any surgery. He took time off so that he can be out of public glare since the disease is already advancing. It is so bad that he cannot eat in public any longer because his hands will be shaking terribly. The same goes for signing of cheques. It is a bad situation that nobody prays for”, the source said.

Asked what will be the fate of APC in the absence of Tinubu who is believed to be the engine room of the party, the source disclosed that things will naturally take care of themselves as event unfolds.

“It is too early to write Tinubu off; we cannot say he has become a human vegetable and I am sure he can still play some role in APC even with his condition.

Though there is no doubting the fact this is a big blow to the party and it will take a lot of hard work for the party leadership to carry on without Tinubu’s active participation”.

What is Parkinson's Disease?

Low levels of dopamine, a brain chemical (neurotransmitter) involved in controlling movement, cause symptoms of Parkinson's disease. The shortage of this brain chemical occurs when nerve cells in a part of the brain (substantia nigra) that produces dopamine fail and deteriorate. The exact cause of this deterioration is not known.

The links between Parkinson's disease and factors such as genetics, aging, toxins in the environment, and free radicals are all under investigation. Although these studies are beginning to provide some answers, experts do not know the exact cause of the disease.

Studies are ongoing to determine whether there is a genetic cause of Parkinson's disease. Only a small percentage of people with Parkinson's disease have a parent, brother, or sister who has the disease. But abnormal genes do seem to be a factor in a few families where early-onset Parkinson's disease is common.

The type and severity of symptoms experienced by a person with Parkinson's disease vary with each individual and the stage of Parkinson's disease. Symptoms that develop in the early stages of the disease in one person may not develop until later-or not at all-in another person.

Symptoms of Parkinson's disease typically begin appearing between the ages 50 and 60. They develop slowly and often go unnoticed by family, friends, and even the person who has them.

A small number of people have symptoms on only one side of the body that never progress to the other side.

Common Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
Tremor, or shaking, often in a hand, arm, or leg. Tremor caused by Parkinson's disease occurs when the person is awake and sitting or standing still (resting tremor) and subsides when the person moves the affected body part.
Stiff muscles (rigidity) and aching muscles. One of the most common early signs of Parkinson's disease is a reduced arm swing on one side when the person is walking that is caused by rigid muscles. Rigidity can also affect the muscles of the legs, face, neck, or other parts of the body and may cause muscles to feel tired and achy.

Slow, limited movement (bradykinesia), especially when the person tries to move from a resting position. For instance, it may be difficult to get out of a chair or turn over in bed.

Weakness of face and throat muscles. Talking and swallowing may become more difficult, and the person may choke, cough, or drool. Speech becomes softer and monotonous. Loss of movement in the muscles in the face can cause a fixed, vacant facial expression, often called the "Parkinson's mask."

Difficulty with walking (gait disturbance) and balance (postural instability). A person with Parkinson's disease is likely to take small steps and shuffle with his or her feet close together, bend forward slightly at the waist (stooped posture), and have trouble turning around. Balance and posture problems may result in frequent falls. But these problems usually do not develop until later in the course of the disease.

Tremor is often the first symptom that people with Parkinson's disease or their family members notice. Initially, the tremor may appear in just one arm or leg or only on one side of the body. The tremor also may affect the chin, lips, and tongue. As the disease progresses, the tremor may spread to both sides of the body. But in some cases the tremor remains on just one side.

Emotional and physical stress tend to make the tremor more noticeable. Sleep, complete relaxation, and intentional movement or action usually reduce or stop the tremor.

http://paparazzipress.com.ng/cover/world-exclusive-asiwaju-tinubu-down-with-parkinson-disease

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by eposho: 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Oyez, well space booked.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Sirniyeh(m): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
These our political leaders just like to waste resources. I dont know why they dont believe in our same traditional medicines. The same diseases that affect most aged poor men that they use less than N5000 to cure with our natural herbs. Now spending millions abroad........well recover soon

6 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by psucc(m): 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ah ah the symptoms too plenty abeg!

Mek d doctors change the sickness for him abeg! So he can get well quick o!

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by musiwa1j: 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by temi4fash(m): 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
The lord is ur Strength ooo bami...

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Although Tinubu is a CONFIRMED thief, I wish him well. I also wish he could repent and free the resources in APC-controlled States.

21 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by gramci: 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
musiwa1j: .

i see you grin
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by ednut1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
which kind yeye mag be dis

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by ThankGodEdeh(m): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
I dont want to say that one prophet's prophecy is about to come to pass.

18 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
I wish Tinubu speedy recovery.

There is a force behind GEJ that surprises me. Who will think that anyone with his kind of disposition can go through this unprecedented path and position he is today? Many lion hearted fellows tried with powerful arsenal to no avail what this man effortlessly, in relative term holds on to.

It is on this note that those who wants to snatch power by hook or Crook should rather watch their steps because this guy has unseen hands backing him.

Again I wish Tinubu speedy recovery.

59 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by basilo101: 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Okoro2015:
I wish Tinubu speedy recovery.

There is a force behind GEJ that surprises me. Who will think that anyone with his kind of disposition can go through this unprecedented path and position he is today? Many lion hearted fellows tried with powerful arsenal to no avail what this man effortlessly, in relative term holds on to.

It is on this note that those who wants to snatch power by hook or Crook should rather watch their steps because this guy has unseen hands backing him.

Again I wish Tinubu speedy recovery.
Illuminati things on my mind

5 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by picoba(m): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2013

What !

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by ShineIt: 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
Am sure other newspapers knew this but were too scared to report it. Tinubu's paper "the nation" should have been the one to break this news so it can be managed.
Anyway this is no time to gloat. This news is shocking and I wish him Gods blessing.

8 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Ngwakwe: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
I wish Ashiwaju Tinubu a speedy recovery and long life.

We Nigerians owe him gratitude for being a founding father of an alternative capable party that is ready to either make PDP sit-up and become accountable or be relegated to the opposition in the next election.

I pray he comes back healthy and firing.

36 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by tothemax86: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
tribal thread in the making i hope not
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by gameboy727(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ehya, he should get well oo.
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
one apc candidate down, some more to go!

6 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by HonKontigi: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
This magazine is PDP-sponsored to destabilize APC.

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by WildChild00(m): 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by executinal(m): 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
So the guy man no fit sign cheque and eat outside again? Mehn no be small mater be this ooh grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
Take care Asiwaju, wishing Jagaban a quick recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by emiye(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
Paparazzi news indeed !

Some people are already rejoicing and wishing him well, but in their heart saying serves him right grin grin.

I know it is a false news

5 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by PStacks(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Omo.... No be small thing oo!

Ehya Jagaban Asiwaju..

Notin dey happen sha!
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by 80million1: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Na wa o!
Allahu Akbar!
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by signified: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
It's so sad!!!
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by mcevans1(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
It is well

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by sammy329(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Get well soon JAGABAN
Re: Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press by fatherab1: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Idle rubbish paper seeking relevance at all cost!! I have bad new fø̲̣̣я̅ you: Your zero-tolerance fø̲̣̣я̅ opposition in Nigeria will soon quench Ūя̲̅ paper.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team / Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun / APC Presidential Primary: You All Should Calm Down - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.