Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? (1262 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Obinoscopy(m): 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Distinguished Nairalander,

Here comes another opportunity to serve as a moderator in Nairaland.

The Car Talk Section needs a Moderator to assist in enforcing the rules of the board and the forum. So,

- Have you read the rules & regulations guiding this forum?

- Are you willing to abide and enforce them strictly?

- Are you Passionate about this section (do you post/visit often)?

- Do you Spend enough time online daily?

- Are you level-headed and willing to take instructions from the Admin?

- Can you work together with your co-mods as a team?

If you answered 'YES' to these questions and you wish to be a part of this team, please say so here.

Thank you.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by uboma(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ikenna was doing a great job here. I hope he will still be part of the moderators here...
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Obinoscopy(m): 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
uboma: Ikenna was doing a great job here. I hope he will still be part of the moderators here...
Ofcourse he will.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2013
I am willing to be a part of the moderators. I spend a lot of time online on Nairaland everyday. We need 2 spice up cartalk seriously

1 Like

Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Am going in...#interested 2 co_moderate.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
am very much interested.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Joel3(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
maybe i am
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
Personally, I don't think Car Talk needs an extra moderator, things are fine the way they are.

But that's just me.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
I-waz neva interested plz am sourcin 4 fundz 4 ma 190 restoration datx all i care 4 nw
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by shootsight(m): 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
Siena: Personally, I don't think Car Talk needs an extra moderator, things are fine the way they are.

But that's just me.
SECONDED!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Stegomiah: 12:04am On Sep 15, 2013
I am very much interested, i spend lot of time online and also meet up with other requirements
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by earthrealm(m): 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
how much is the salary or commission attached to the position?
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by wwwkaycom(m): 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
I think Ikenna is doing well here, cheers!
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Trac: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2013
Siena: Personally, I don't think Car Talk needs an extra moderator, things are fine the way they are.

But that's just me.

That depends on defining the variable you termed as "things." smiley smiley smiley

Truly, there are certain things that are not "proper" but we deal with them as though its of no concern because it is atypical of the Nigerian way of life. Disorganisation!

@ Concerned

This is nothing against Ikenna neither will I buff his irreconcilable aspect but there is no way to avoid this. So, I am not being biased neither are there reserved feelings.

It is difficult to say Car-Talk isn't clumsy. At the very moment, 72 sub-portal pages are present. In a month, it is unpractical to expect the number to be at 80. There is nothing wrong with the numbers being as high as mentioned but what are the statistics? A sizable portion are:

Unanswered/isolated: (https://www.nairaland.com/1375279/ford-freestyle-how-good-it).
Another portion, stale: (https://www.nairaland.com/876165/pls-advice)
Misplaced: (https://www.nairaland.com/589699/information-right-handed-hummer-hiace)
Adverts: (https://www.nairaland.com/510058/nigeria-car-manufacturer-innoson-official)
Plain repetition: (https://www.nairaland.com/553783/4cylinder-6cylinder-what-choice-car)

-- the list goes on. The links - save for the first - are old links.

I don't know the load to bear as administrator neither do I suspect it as a light thing. I believe Ikenna is doing his role within his very means. There are rooms for improvement. This also is too much for one person. From my understanding of the role of administrators, unanswered and isolated threads are usually answered by the administrator in conclusive narratives with the thread being closed/locked afterwards. Roughly about three days. Stale threads are to be deleted. It serves no purpose. The misplaced reference is where I have the biggest problem relative to this portal (i.e. Car-Talk). It is no different from Auto-Forum. No clear objectives have been defined. There are threads that are nothing but subtle advertisements. The integration is almost seamless between both portals. That leaves us with the fact that we are just deceiving ourselves. The adverts policy is not enforced. The plain repetition of thread topic cannot be denied.

Making organisation of this is too much for one person. Some threads go as long as 80 pages. This renders the valuable information in progressively-mid pages useless.

Maybe it's just me. On the other hand, I am sure others feel the same.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by chucky234(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2013
I think Ikenna is doing a great job out here, but I am here if you need extra hand ( a co - mod).
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Sunymoore(m): 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
Siena i will love to see you moderating this section

1 Like

Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
I spend a lot of time online on a daily basis but I don't really post.... I wish to be part of the team .
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
As regards the issue of moderating the car section forum, I spend most of my time online and on Nairaland's Car Talk section where I have given advices, opinions, and offered solutions to peoples challenges this is a hobby I still enjoy doing. I find it as a great privilege and joy when ever I am given an oppotunity to serve in any capacity I find my self where I can share my experiences, help meet peoples needs, advice others and put smiles and satisfaction on the faces of people. I believe I have the capacity to serve as a co-moderator in car talk section of nairaland and if given such rare opportunity I will put in my best to ensure the car talk section is a section to recon with.
Thanks.
Yours faithfully,

LOMOMIKE.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2013

But that's just me.
On point boss.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by stunning4real: 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Am interested
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by KA24DETT(m): 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
I think lokomike should be a moderator

(1)

5 Car Brands To Buy And 5 To Avoid From. / Please Whats The Name Of This Car? / Head To Head Comparison Between Toyota Camry 2018 And Honda Accord 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.