Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? (2216 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
Since you guys like being logical and practical I would follow suit. I have a question and it goes thus. Let us assume there were two men on earth Mr A and Mr B, mr A while on earth was a good man, wasn't referred to as a good man because he went to church and believed in God but rather he was mostly referred to as a good man because he portrayed acts of love,kindness,giving and other good deeds to humanity. Now there was also Mr B the bad guy, also he wasn't mostly referred to as a bad guy because he didn't go to church nor he didn't believe in God but rather he was widely known as the shekaus(boko haram leader), the osamas, the suicide bomber, the rapist and all sorts of wicked and cruel things to humanity.
Now I ask, when mr A and mr B die where would their souls go to?. Don't tell me humans have no soul because you'll only end up making us equals with the animals( goats, dogs, snakes, monkeys) and seriously I'll laugh at that person.

All things being equal, a student who prepares well for an examination would pass, and those who don't would fail woefully I guess we all see that everyday; why didn't the lazy student pass the examination? It's simply because he wasn't prepared. HEAVEN and HELL is REAL, and the only way to a glorious eternal life is through JESUS CHRIST.

Patiently waiting for you 'logical' responds. Tnx!

NB: We are all humans, and I'm not judging you cause deep down you're all brothers and my sisters and maybe old enough to be my parents too. grin
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by quivah(f): 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
are you then saying atheists are the mr B ?
Last time I check,its you religious people who portrays mr B's personality.
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
quivah: are you then saying atheists are the mr B ?
Last time I check,its you religious people who portrays mr B's personality.

Sweerie I didn't refer to mr B as the atheist , and moreover you didn't answer the question above; is it justifiable for both the two men to end up in the same place?
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Sweerie I didn't refer to mr B as the atheist , and moreover you didn't answer the question above; is it justifiable for both the two men to end up in the same place?

What is a soul?

Why do we have souls and animals don't?

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by quivah(f): 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

well well well! In Christianity,its justifiable..
For instance, if Heaven/Hell are real:
Mr A,the very good man might on a single day do a little bad thing(which isn't little to God's face) and then die mins later..
Hes gon end up in the same place as Mr B,the bad non repentable man..cause,Its written "nothing unclean shall enter the kingdom of God"
Is it not then better for mr A to live well just like mr B.. and to even check,mr B would be the rich man while mr A the poor man..
So,to God its justifiable..
But in the real world,a thief's judgment is lesser than a murderer..now!! That's the real justice.
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Javanian: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2013

4 Likes

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by quivah(f): 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Javanian: Theist: Are the good people on earth?
Atheist: Yes

Theist: Are they bad people on earth?
Atheist: Yes.

Theist: So you see, there must be heaven and hell
Atheist: who goes to the heaven? Good people or bad people?
Theist: Only those who believe in Jesus, being good or bad wont take you to heaven undecided

Makes Sense grin
shooo!!".
You see how injustice this is!
So a muslim,who believed so well in his own religion.. seeing many reasons to hold on to islam,keeping cool and fflg God's words still wont make heaven cause he dint believe in Jesus?...
Well christains,you gotta be afraid now...cause islam might be the true religion after all..
Or both will be dammed if budhism is the way.. tsw!!
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
quivah:
shooo!!".
You see how injustice this is!
So a muslim,who believed so well in his own religion.. seeing many reasons to hold on to islam,keeping cool and fflg God's words still wont make heaven cause he dint believe in Jesus?...
Well christains,you gotta be afraid now...cause islam might be the true religion after all..
Or both will be dammed if budhism is the way.. tsw!!

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said; "most assuredly I say unto you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of GOD".
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by MrTroll(m): 11:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
You asked a question and then before anybody answers you say that heaven and earth is real and that jesus is the only way. So what exactly are you looking for? undecided

You also make a claim that humans have a...soul

3 claims without any shred of empirical evidence yet you expect logical answers. Bro, pls go read logic101. No oofeinsee! tongue

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mr Troll: You asked a question and then before anybody answers you say that heaven and earth is real and that jesus is the only way. So what exactly are you looking for? undecided
I tire... Then he skips my questions...

The ignorance is depressing.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 12:01am On Sep 14, 2013
Mr Troll: You asked a question and then before anybody answers you say that heaven and earth is real and that jesus is the only way. So what exactly are you looking for? undecided

You also make a claim that humans have a...soul

3 claims without any shred of empirical evidence yet you expect logical answers. Bro, pls go read logic101. No oofeinsee! tongue

Last I checked I did philosophy and logic when I was in 100L and that was like 2years +, so my friend if you have any "emperical" proof bring it ON!. I have made my claims, so open the fora for yours.
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by MrTroll(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Last I checked I did philosophy and logic when I was in 100L and that was like 2years +, so my friend if you have any "emperical" proof bring it ON!. I have made my claims, so open the fora for yours.
I should provide proof for your claim? What are you ON about? undecided

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 12:51am On Sep 14, 2013
kiss cool cool
Mr Troll: I should provide proof for your claim? What are you ON about? undecided

I asked a question with an illustration; as humans when we die do the good people and also the bad people end up the same way, or rather do the good and bad people end up in the same place? No hard feelings bro, we're just rubbing minds. cool
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by UyiIredia(m): 1:21am On Sep 14, 2013
Whereva my grandfada, great grandfada and great-great grand fada went after death is where I'll go, if it turns out to be hell, so be it although I don't think so.
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by quivah(f): 5:59am On Sep 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Whereva my grandfada, great grandfada and great-great grand fada went after death is where I'll go, if it turns out to be hell, so be it although I don't think so.
you don't think so
Please don't forget the verse your brethren dropped

Appliedmaths.:

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said; "most assuredly I say unto you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of GOD".
^^ you just quoted a verse from your book.. islam has other beliefs .
What if theirs is the TRUE religion after all?..don't you think you'l be dammed by a God who can kill,enslave but too jealous to have His children worship other Gods?! Dont you?no?
Menh!!!you gotta start thinking..abeg!shift
Funny thing is; na born again go full hell..
Cause if along the line they commit a lil sin after many years of righteousness and die immediately..being born again no Go cari u go Heaven..what a loving god!!.
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:25am On Sep 14, 2013
@Appliedmaths, your body decomposes (or is cremated), and goes back to the earth. That’s all.

A lot of people find that depressing and use that as a reason for believing in god, but they’re confusing their desires with reality.

What you believe does not change what happens after you die. If god does not exist, then there is no afterlife, and that’s just the way it is.

3 Likes

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Heathen(m): 6:47am On Sep 14, 2013
Op's ignorance broke my pc.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by quivah(f): 6:49am On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: @Appliedmaths, your body decomposes (or is cremated), and goes back to the earth. That’s all.

A lot of people find that depressing and use that as a reason for believing in god, but they’re confusing their desires with reality.

What you believe does not change what happens after you die. If god does not exist, then there is no afterlife, and that’s just the way it is.
tell them!!!!
The thing is,they just don't wanna admit theres no god!..

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 14, 2013
quivah:
tell them!!!!
The thing is,they just don't wanna admit theres no god!..
Prove to Me there's no God
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by RayMcBlue(m): 7:46am On Sep 14, 2013
Doc_Miss: Prove to Me there's no God

Simple.

It is easy to prove to yourself that God is imaginary. The evidence is all around
you. Here are 50 simple proofs:

1. Try praying

2. Statistically analyze prayer

3. Look at all historical gods

4. Think about science

5. Read the Bible

6. Ponder God's plan

7. Understand religious delusion

8. Think about Near Death Experiences

9. Understand ambiguity

10. Watch the offering plate

11. Notice that there is no scientific
evidence

12. See the magic

13. Take a look at slavery

14. Examine Jesus' miracles

15. Examine Jesus' resurrection

16. Contemplate the contradictions

17. Think about Leprechauns

18. Imagine heaven

19. Notice that you ignore Jesus

20. Notice your church

21. Understand Jesus' core message

22. Count all the people God wants to
murder

23. Listen to the Doxology

24. Ask why religion causes so many
problems

25. Understand evolution and abiogenesis

26. Notice that the Bible's author is not
"all-knowing"

27. Think about life after death

28. Notice how many gods you reject

29. Think about communion

30. Examine God's sexism

31. Understand that religion is superstition

32. Talk to a theologian

33. Contemplate the crucifixion

34. Examine your health insurance policy

35. Notice Jesus' myopia

36. Realize that God is impossible

37. Think about DNA

38. Contemplate the divorce rate among
Christians

39. Realize that Jesus was a jerk

40. Understand Christian motivations

41. Flip a coin

42. Listen when "God talks"

43. Realize that a "hidden God" is
impossible

44. Think about a Christian housewife

45. Consider Noah's Ark

46. Ponder Pascal's Wager

47. Contemplate Creation

48. Compare prayer to a lucky horseshoe

49. Look at who speaks for God

50. Ask Jesus to appear

3 Likes

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 14, 2013
LMAO . . So u really believe the Universe started as a Result of the 'Big Ba.n.g' ?

What's it with u atheists tho . U spend so much time and energy refuting something u don't even believe exists ! All in the name of trying to ''Cure'' People of their Delusion and False hopes. Even the So-called Science doesn't have an explanation of how the Universe was Like before the Big Ba.n.g . .

The Perfect Balance In Nature Proves there's a God that did not Only create it but also Sustains it
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by RayMcBlue(m): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2013
Doc_Miss: The Perfect Balance In Nature Proves there's a God that did not Only create it but also Sustains it

Yours is the perfect example of how religion originated. To satisfy a need.

Too many questions and no plausible answer, then a conclusion that an higher power must be responsible, thus religion was born. A concept that is based solely on faith without an atom of physical or scientific proof, that's religion.

Religion is a myth Sis, your god is grouped together with Zeus, Odin and incredible Hulk...pure fantasy.grin

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by MrTroll(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
kiss cool cool

I asked a question with an illustration; as humans when we die do the good people and also the bad people end up the same way, or rather do the good and bad people end up in the same place? No hard feelings bro, we're just rubbing minds. cool
let me break it down for you...
You asked a loaded question: where do good and bad people go when they die? That is already an assumption that they go somewhere I.e heaven or hell in your case. What I'm asking you is to provide evidence, empirical evidence that:
1) We have a separate soul
2) There's an after death place called heaven or hell where your supposed soul goes to.

Until you do that, I won't take you serious.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by quivah(f): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2013
Doc_Miss: ………
I will so humbly prove to you there's no god if you promise to gladly receive it.. yes?
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: @Appliedmaths, your body decomposes (or is cremated), and goes back to the earth. That’s all.

So you're trying to tell me that both the good and the bad end up the same way?, so why be moral? , why complain about injustice and corruption? If evil and good can't be separated after life then why should I suffer my self in trying to moral?. Why do we complain about boko-haram,corrupt politicians,kidnappers etc, if evil and good can't be separated here on earth wouldn't it be logical for "KARMA" to meet up with both evil and good after life?.

The bible says in Psalm 14:1
that “Only a fool will say in his heart that
there is no God”. It again ... This scripture
suggest scoffers' idiosyncrasy of the Earth
reinventing itself with no end.

NB: I'm not calling/saying anyone here is a "fool" please don't misquote me, I totally respect and appreciate everyone here trying to rub minds together.

Like you said, when we die our bodies goes back to the earth as dusts well I agree with you on that; but where do our spirits go?

The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in
purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every
day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named
Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to
eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even
the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 “The time came when the beggar died and
the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The
rich man also died and was buried. 23 In
Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up
and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by
his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father
Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to
dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my
tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember
that in your lifetime you received your good
things, while Lazarus received bad things, but
now he is comforted here and you are in agony.

NB: The rich man wasn't tormented in hades just because he was rich, and also being a poor man didn't make lazarus end up in abraham's bosom.

On earth, their bodies had already been buried hope we get that fact. This is my proof on our topic of discussion.

Yes, I use the bible as my "emperical proof", like any student would use his/her textbook in class to defend his/her claim. Tnx!
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2013
I'm not here to make pointless arguments. It's pretty simple, really. When life ends, everything switches off forever. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2013
Mr Troll: let me break it down for you...
You asked a loaded question: where do good and bad people go when they die? That is already an assumption that they go somewhere I.e heaven or hell in your case. What I'm asking you is to provide evidence, empirical evidence that:
1) We have a separate soul
2) There's an after death place called heaven or hell where your supposed soul goes to.

Until you do that, I won't take you serious.

I want to believe that at one point or the other we have come across those nollywood movies where the fellow dies and the spirit comes out of the body and starts roaming about, if I'm not mistaken I think "Bill cosby" acted something like that. You can call that imagination but I tell you those movie guys are almost close to the real thing.

Matthew 10:28, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Genesis 2:7 : "The Lord God formed man of
the dust of the ground, and breathed into his
nostrils the breath of life; and man became a
living soul.

Matthew 16:26 : "For what is a
man profited, if he shall gain the
whole world, and lose his own
soul".

Psalm 42:1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

When we die our earthly bodies goes back to the ground as dusts but our souls becomes answerable to God.

Hebrews9:27-28 Just as people are destined to die once,
and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ
was sacrificed once to take away the sins of
many; and he will appear a second time, not to
bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who
are waiting for him.

The earthly court of law is just a replica of the heavenly court, God is a man of justice and he pays everyman according to his works.

Galatians 6:7 ASV
American Standard Version
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for
whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also
reap. How ever this relates to the earthly law of karma.
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 11:02am On Sep 14, 2013
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2013
Quoting the scriptures doesn't make you right. The bible in itself is FALSE.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by Appliedmaths(m): 11:07am On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: I'm not here to make pointless arguments. It's pretty simple, really. When life ends, everything switches off forever. Take it or leave it.

We aint arguing bro!, so you're trying to say that we should live our lives as free as we can, doing anything we want cause in the end when we die we just cease to exist? Is that it?
Re: A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? by MrTroll(m): 11:07am On Sep 14, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

I want to believe that at one point or the other we have come across those nollywood movies where the fellow dies and the spirit comes out of the body and starts roaming about, if I'm not mistaken I think "Bill cosby" acted something like that. You can call that imagination but I tell you those movie guys are almost close to the real thing.

Matthew 10:28, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Genesis 2:7 : "The Lord God formed man of
the dust of the ground, and breathed into his
nostrils the breath of life; and man became a
living soul.

Matthew 16:26 : "For what is a
man profited, if he shall gain the
whole world, and lose his own
soul".

Psalm 42:1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

When we die our earthly bodies goes back to the ground as dusts but our souls becomes answerable to God.

Hebrews9:27-28 Just as people are destined to die once,
and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ
was sacrificed once to take away the sins of
many; and he will appear a second time, not to
bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who
are waiting for him.

The earthly court of law is just a replica of the heavenly court, God is a man of justice and he pays everyman according to his works.

Galatians 6:7 ASV
American Standard Version
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for
whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also
reap. How ever this relates to the earthly law of karma.
wait! If I understand you correctly, you're basing your assumptions on the bible and the christian god which no atheist believes in. Guy go and sleep we have no discussion.

Even referencing nollywood movies!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do Angels Fight? What Is Their Scope Of Engagement? Do They Stab One Another / 3 Most Frequently Played Nigerian Gospel Songs In 2013 / TB Joshua Will Not Die But Will Suffer – Congolese Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.