Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,166 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 (56475 Views)

38-year-old Man On A Queue Slumps And Dies At A Polling Unit In Bauchi / Ondo Lawmaker, Nomiye, Slumps And Dies / Olusegun Agagu To Be Buried October 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Honadeadek(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2013
I never knew we went to the same Primary and Secondary school.
His actions and inactions had affected life either positively or otherwise, But as for me and my household we wish him RIP as a former Grammarian and may He continue to rest in His lord or Lord.
Deo et Patriare. Fun Olorun ati Ile wa.
Arise all Sons of the Mountaineers

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by jhydayboy(m): 6:47am On Sep 14, 2013
Rest in Peace, former Governor of Ondo State, U̶̲̥̅̊ can now live on †̥ account 4 all the works U̶̲̥̅̊ did while on earth
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by globatop: 6:48am On Sep 14, 2013
Why is it that Nigerians will always say good thing about corrupt pple after their demise, let us condemn them in death to serve as deterrent.
http:///kG3DQC

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by wengerjay(m): 6:50am On Sep 14, 2013
Nobody knows the next victim of this 'slump and die' dat is ravaging the world.Therefore,endeavor to visit a Doctor today and do a comprehensive medical check-up.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by amadice(m): 6:50am On Sep 14, 2013
olowodaran: young man it is not by force to comment if you don't know anything, there were massive transformation during agagu administration ranging from bore holes to road construction, he is beta dan late adefarati who ruled before him and mimiko who ruled after him and still ruling, his wife funke agagu also help by donating to orphanages, money, rice, g.Oil etc. Agagu is good. Am from ondo state and the man did well. R.I.P agagu
....so dis is wat u call TRANSFORMATION...if u were in agagu shoes u will tell d press men u did all dis jargons as TRANSFORMATION....pls visit oda states n see TRANSFORMATION he goat...#smh

3 Likes

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Another corrupt Nigerian has falling test in peace
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 14, 2013
He was born in 1948 and graduated from UI in 1971!Is this really possible.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Chiscomax(m): 6:54am On Sep 14, 2013
this post has been modified
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by rusher14: 6:56am On Sep 14, 2013
Nevahateme: Just because he belong 2 d Group called (politician) dosen't mean he don't deserve sme respect from you(Dat I called Losers, haters even bad belle) if u can't respect d dead then show some respect 2 d family he left behind(Wife and children) they ve d money but stiLl need fatherly love. Ondo state miss you Dr. Olusegun kokumo Agagu

I do not know Agagu and his antecedents whilst in office neither do I know what legacy he left behind for the people of Ondo state.

If the people of the State or even onlookers believe he looted state funds and pour vitriol upon him even at his death perhaps one would say he deserves it.

I don't know what respect one should give the dead if the dead whilst living gave none to those around him.

Like I said I don't know Agagu's works.

Nigerians are not goats (though sometimes that might be in doubt). We deserve good leaders and if people are not mature, able visionaries they need not raise their hands to vie for public office.

Many have died from the gross incompetence, reticence and inaction of leader's past many more though living are suffering as a result.

Leaders need to show transparency in all they do perhaps then the people would laud them and their progeny in death.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by rusher14: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2013
Rolly83: He was born in 1948 and graduated from UI in 1971!Is this really possible.
why you dey talk like this?
ASUU no dey strike that time.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by obitwo: 7:00am On Sep 14, 2013
Adefarati died while Agagu was governor

Agagu died now that Mimiko is governor

Are you pondering what I am pondering?

6 Likes

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2013
Rolly83: He was born in 1948 and graduated from UI in 1971!Is this really possible.
young girl don't you know your mathematics?use your materialistic brain..#no offense intended #

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by ascek(m): 7:05am On Sep 14, 2013
we will greatly miss him. Rest in the Lord.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by slimyem: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2013
obitwo: Adefarati died while Agagu was governor

Agagu died now that Mimiko is governor

Are you pondering what I am pondering?
Stop pondering nonsense. Its coincidental. Death is a price everyone has to pay and the timing...no one can tell.

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2013
MizEmerald: A friend updated it also that he slumped and died and she told me to believe it as if she was there,I still want to remain a doubting Thomas,Agagu with his sexy lips.
I don't know this Man,but I feel he is a gd Man after seeing his successors preasing him. RIP BABA . Hw come u are intrested in his lips even @ death? Nawao I can't believe this.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Omoakin5(m): 7:06am On Sep 14, 2013
O ga ha!iku doro o
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Sirniyeh(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2013
simpleseyi: One more down, many more to go. All those who are sucking the masses blood will go six feet under. Jonathan's half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus's adopted mother, IBB's deputy-Augustus Aikhomu, IBB's pilfering wife- Maryam Babangida, Stella Obasanjo, Gen Owoye Azazi, Patrick Yakowa, Fashola's father, Tinubu's mother (my grandmother is 107 and still playing basketball and karate), Sunday Afolabi (he died in prison when Obasanjo locked him up for embezzling National identity Card's money), Jesus-on-Earth - imPatient Jonathan - oh, sorry she woke up after about a week.

Agagu looted Ondo's state treasury while he was the state governor and even national treasury while he was federal minister, now he has transferred the loot to his children who probably were looting with him too. God has seen that we are too weak to fight for ourselves and he, GOD the almighty has started fighting for the poor masses. If you think that I should not speak bad of the dead, please tell me some good things I can say about Sanni Abacha or about Jonathan's jobless mother that "donated" buildings to the university or about Obasanjo that took bribe from Halliburton and converter Nigeria's treasury to his personal account or about James Ibori the Guinness Book prison record breaker (He, his wife, his mistress(another man's wife), his wife's sister and his lawyer all in jail) or Alao Akala or Gbenga Daniel or Rev. Fr. Moses Adasu who was a catholic priest, he became Benue state governor and rose to be richer than the state and thereafter borrowed his state some money because he loved his state or the immediate past Bayelsa state governor Timipre Sylva who bought/built 48 houses in Nigeria excluding the ones abroad in his 48 months rule as governor (another Guinness record) or the Jonathan Goodluck that uses one million naira to eat per meal but shut down all universities for several days now. What good can I say about these looters when they eventually kick the bucket or kick the drum.
Ohhhhhh, sorry I know you dey vex, just calm down. The question to ask now is, has he carried he looted money along to hell to spend? A lesson for others

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by papi365: 7:07am On Sep 14, 2013
euromoney: Confirmed....he passed on 3 hrs ago.May he RIP! angry angry
WHAT IS D MEANING OF RIP,IT IS A WRONG CLAUSE,ONCE SOMEONE DIES,HIS WORKS AND DEEDS FOLLOWS HIMFOR JUDGMENT. THEIR IS NUFFIN LIKE RIP.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by jmoore(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2013

Here is an assignment for you. 1971 minus 1948 = ?
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Policewoman(f): 7:08am On Sep 14, 2013
RIP sir. Dats all i can say for now.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Cocodiva: 7:09am On Sep 14, 2013
olowodaran: young man it is not by force to comment if you don't know anything, there were massive transformation during agagu administration ranging from bore holes to road construction, he is beta dan late adefarati who ruled before him and mimiko who ruled after him and still ruling, his wife funke agagu also help by donating to orphanages, money, rice, g.Oil etc. Agagu is good. Am from ondo state and the man did well. R.I.P agagu

All of these things you mentioned can be termed "massive" in your opinion? People like you are the reason Nigeria has not moved forward. Even,the wife's contribution can not be called significant compared to what is at their disposal for governance.except they took it out of their private account.
Anyway,I can't even say RIP but I pray God grants his family comfort and fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by sharia40: 7:09am On Sep 14, 2013
RIP Baba
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Policewoman(f): 7:10am On Sep 14, 2013
jmoore:

Here is an assignment for you. 1971 minus 1948 = ?
Dont blame the guy. ASUU strike don deal with people sotee to even graduate at the age of 26 now is seen as a big feat. cool
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by papi365: 7:11am On Sep 14, 2013
Policewoman: RIP sir. Dats all i can say for now.
DO U HAVE HEARING AND EYE PROBLEM? I SAID THEIR IS NUFFIN LIKE RIP. ITS PURE DECEPTION

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by otokx(m): 7:11am On Sep 14, 2013

Age declaration things perhaps; that man for all you know was seventy something.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by mbhs139(m): 7:13am On Sep 14, 2013
You see people, for the first time in so many years, I really took my time, this very early morning, to read every single comments made on this thread and I can't but less agree with some of the 'for' and some of the 'againt' divide on weather we should pray for the repose of the soul of our dead politicians or not.

However, let me suggest something. What about me being the judge here (a self appointed judge) while you will give your argument (like a lawyer) on why you think 'we should (for) or should not (against)' speak ill about dead politicians. And at the end of the exercise, I will pass my judgement by making reference to some of the strongest arguments on both sides without any prejudice. Isn't that a great idea? Let's try it if you don't mind.
Oya
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by slimyem: 7:13am On Sep 14, 2013
All Nigerian politicians past and present looted one way or the other. Only that some looted wisely and some didn't. Agagu belongs to the former.
As a public servant and a governor in Ondo state,Agagu looted his bit but also did a lot that counted. He wasn't all bad and wasn't all good.

R.I.P to him and may God comfort Funke,his children and other members of his family.
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by MANOSUB(m): 7:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Rest in Peace
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 14, 2013
na wa o! Death can come anytime. It doesn't care if you're healthy. Imagine no sickness, no accident, he just slumped! Its so painful. RIP sir
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 14, 2013
mbhs139: You see people, for the first time in so many years, I really took my time, this very early morning, to read every single comments made on this thread and I can't but less agree with some of the 'for' and some of the 'againt' divide on weather we should pray for the repose of the soul of our dead politicians or not.

However, let me suggest something. What about me being the judge here (a self appointed judge) while you will give your argument (like a lawyer) on why you think 'we should (for) or should not (against)' speak ill about dead politicians. And at the end of the exercise, I will pass my judgement by making reference to some of the strongest arguments on both sides without any prejudice. Isn't that a great idea? Let's try it if you don't mind.
Oya
Re: Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 14, 2013
Death, a must for every body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MKO Abiola’s Grave 18 Years After (Photos) / Rats Damage President Buhari's Office - Garba Shehu / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.