Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) (1090 Views)

[MUSIC] Sinzu (@sinzusmg) – Exit Strategy (godwon Diss) / Introducing Naija Rapper Godwon :: Winner Of Eminem Freestyle Battle / Godwon ::: Too Much Money Ft Saucekid And Ikechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 14, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-JkeT6IR5EqI/UjH2BBogfkI/AAAAAAAAD_U/tIKH_yHwCaA/s1600/Godwon-Sinzu.jpg[/img]
When music site, NotJustOk published the
infamous list of Gifted Rappers, I didn’t bulge
because issues related to Hip Hop and Rap music
has always been misunderstood. Some music
award organizers in Nigeria categorize artistes
like Davido, Wizkid, 2Face and P-Square as Hip
Hop Artistes and have actually awarded some of
them as such; so what are we not saying?
The truth is – nobody is an authority in this
music business but some people have been
around and have read and studied the
rudiments of the subject; enough to understand
what is obtainable. I am not saying I am in that
league but I can tell you for free that Hip Hop is
a culture and some of its means of
communication include RAP (Rhythm and
Poetry), Spoken Words, and Graffiti amongst
others.
These days, writing and publishing online is less
fun because it is so easy to be misunderstood
and when that happens, you’ll see various
reactions and comments that will make you
shiver but on a second thought – I don’t care.
You know what they say about opinions and
assholes… everybody’s got one. Moving on.
I want to believe Saucekid (Sinzu) and Godwon
are just messing about on social media but it’s
looking like a serious thing. I hope not. But if the
said beef is for real, then I must say they are on
a long thing. I heard their recent songs to each
other and Hmmm…
First, I don’t get why Godwon is angry and
calling out listed rappers like they put
themselves on it. If anybody is angry about the
said list, go create yours and put yourself in it;
better yet, control your emotions, don’t let
random stuff online define the depth of work you
put into your music and career. If NJO placed
some dollar bills on the listed names (rewards),
I’ll understand your frustration but why take it
so serious? Except if there’s something else they
are not telling us.
Godwon is a certified battle emcee. He won
Eminem’s ‘Next Episode’ freestyle battle years
back in Houston. He shouldn’t even be
contending on the local level, but I guess he
chose to rep his roots and we should respect
that.
Saucekid on the other hand is one of the most
talented artistes in Nigeria and I dare to say in
Africa. He is an artiste that can communicate
and appeal to the posh and street crowd. Sinzu
makes good music but it is quite difficult to lay a
hand on what his challenges are.
Godwon and Sauce recorded a song together,
“Too Much Money” in 2011 and later expanded it
with Ikechukwu.
It’s important all artistes understand that
regardless of how social media makes you
believe that you have fans, you MUST promote
your music and music promotion has gat
techniques. It is also not cheap.
The most controversial song ever recorded in
Nigeria remains “ Ehen” by Ruggedman. I don’t
consider it a diss song as such. “Ehen” was the
‘ TRUTH’ that nobody dared to tell at the time.
Diss songs came later. I’m talking “Braggin’
Rights” by Freestyle featuring Blaise; there were
the Ruggedman versus Modenine songs. We also
witnessed 9ice versus Ruggedman. Iceberg
almost recorded a full album for M.I and who
else? Vector versus Reminisce was interesting
too and I think the most disturbing one was Kelly
Hansome versus everybody; I couldn’t
understand and still don’t understand what his
agitation was… Moving on.
Godwon and Saucekid have bigger career issues
to deal with than coming on social media to
make a nuisance of themselves. Artistes,
especially Rappers need to identify and pick their
battles wisely. Ice Prince didn’t need to record a
song to address Rukus’ ‘disrespect’ (or what
word am I supposed to use?). Like I said earlier,
why get so mad at somebody that didn’t put
himself on the NJO list? M.I didn’t need too many
tweets to reply Godwon on the same issue; it’s a
question of setting your priorities right.
Saucekid made the NJO’s list but it’s not his fault
so why is Godwon so emotional about it. And
who says a rapper must answer every call? Abi
you wan die ni? What time would you have to
make ‘money making music’ if you have to
respond to all your adversaries?
If this Saucekid Vs Godwon ‘word war’ was
between Ice Prince and M.I or Jesse Jagz versus
M.I or Vector versus M.I, or eLDee versus Ice
Prince, I will be staking cash on any of them, I
swear! But on a second thought, why war-war
when we can actually jaw-jaw?
One of the reasons Rap music is not growing as
fast as Pop in Nigeria, is lack of cooperation
amongst ‘Heads’. Sometimes, we let the
competitive nature of Rap music take over its
commercial possibilities. I don’t want to buy an
album where a rapper is just cursing at another
when I expect him to educate or entertain me.
The ladies ain’t gon’ show you love if all you do is
fight and chat sh*t on a record. Obaino and
Ahbu won’t touch your CD if it’s about how
you’re gon’ kill another rapper and blablabla.
F#@k it!
When two kids are fighting, it’s only reasonable
for an adult to stop the fight; and where they
won’t stop, we’ll grab a cane and trash them.
A word is enough for the wise.

www.jarmzone..com/2013/09/feather-weights-dont-count-words-to.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 14, 2013
johnwizey: If dis make FP,ℓ̊ will cum back †Φ comment
Hmmmmm...like seriously?? grin

Funny guy!
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Indifferent(m): 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
On point

1 Like

Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
Indifferent: On point
Yeah...They need to chill....iceprince even told them that they don't start their careers with beef...IT KILLS!
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Indifferent(m): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
god_of_music: Yeah...They need to chill....iceprince even told them that they don't start their careers with beef...IT KILLS!
My vex be say the beef is not based on anything serious. Just a mere list
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
Indifferent:
My vex be say the beef is not based on anything serious. Just a mere list
Na wa oo! They just behaving like Kids! But these guys are 30 or above! Msctheeeeew! angry
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by yoji: 6:08am On Sep 16, 2013
Totally disagree with this post. I don't buy the view that we should all get along happily ever after, releasing sweet tracks to entertain the fans. Diss tracks are part of hip hop culture due to the competitive nature of hip hop. Let's get real , whether we like it or not, NJO Is an authority but not d only authority
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2013
yoji: Totally disagree with this post. I don't buy the view that we should all get along happily ever after, releasing sweet tracks to entertain the fans. Diss tracks are part of hip hop culture due to the competitive nature of hip hop. Let's get real , whether we like it or not, NJO Is an authority but not d only authority
Yeah i know...but these guys be going too far. Godwon called Sinsuzls daughter his and that made Sinzu asking questions about the child LOL
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by yoji: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Yea but u also have to acknowledge that all that is what i term an occupational hazard. All this wil b forgotten very soon and they might make up sef , but in rap disses , anything goes cos there are no rules.
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 16, 2013
yoji: Yea but u also have to acknowledge that all that is what i term an occupational hazard. All this wil b forgotten very soon and they might make up sef , but in rap disses , anything goes cos there are no rules.
Hmmmmm...that's your oppinion,no one can change it. grin
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by yoji: 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
Also classifying sinzu and godwon as lightweights isn't true. Sinzu is a thorough bred heavy weight. And godwon might not be a commercial heavy weight, but in the art of rapping, godwon is one of the best rappers out there. Saying lightweights don't count is also wrong cos when cannibus went after ll cool j, he was virtually unknown and stil managed to produce one of the greatest diss jamz ever and his battle wit ll cool j was epic. Sometimes heavy weights don't necessarily produce the best rap battles as evidenced when 2pac and biggie were beefing. Also rick Ross and 50cent beef didn't produce anything of hip hop significance and both were heavy weights. But guy, how can u say sinzu and godwon are lightweights. Too much money remix is arguably one of the best rap collabo joints ever to be done in naija is not the best sef
Re: Feather Weights Don't Count(words To Sinzu And Godwon) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
yoji: Also classifying sinzu and godwon as lightweights isn't true. Sinzu is a thorough bred heavy weight. And godwon might not be a commercial heavy weight, but in the art of rapping, godwon is one of the best rappers out there. Saying lightweights don't count is also wrong cos when cannibus went after ll cool j, he was virtually unknown and stil managed to produce one of the greatest diss jamz ever and his battle wit ll cool j was epic. Sometimes heavy weights don't necessarily produce the best rap battles as evidenced when 2pac and biggie were beefing. Also rick Ross and 50cent beef didn't produce anything of hip hop significance and both were heavy weights. But guy, how can u say sinzu and godwon are lightweights. Too much money remix is arguably one of the best rap collabo joints ever to be done in naija is not the best sef
The term 'light weights' was not referring to either of the two...i just used it to confirm that their Diss was uncalled for,it was unecessary but as you said 'IT'S PART OF HIP HOP'

(1) (Reply)

Friday Music Flashback: Puff Daddy Feat. Faith Evans And 112 "I'll Be Missing U" / D0pe: The Case -jesse Jagz Ft. SDC (too Many Punches; The Beat Got Knock Out!) / Top 10 Nigerian Music Downloads For AUGUST 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.