Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:11 PM

My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. (16139 Views)

I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please / Copied. Wif Was Tested HIV Positive While I Was Negative. How Possible Is This ? / What If U Were Tested Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by ne4real(f): 4:38pm On May 07, 2007
it's so amazing d type of pastors we have these days that r sheep in wolves clothing that call themselves men of God. even 2 d extent of committing fornication(if they did) that they condemn people 4 doing.since ur sister hasnt gone 4 the hiv test, i'll advice she goes for it 2 know her status if she didnt sleep with the pastor, cos she must do the test which she must present to the embassy. but if God-forbids she is +ve, she'll definitely not get the visa. she shouldnt even bother going for the visa interview.

anyway, visa or no visa, it's better she knows her status, if she's +ve, so that it doesnt enter the stage if AIDS.

i pray God has mercy on her and let God give her divine healing.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by tenor(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2007
And then people tell me i'm too cynical about pastors. This is shocking! angry
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by Okeamu1(m): 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2007
She can apply for HIV waiver with experienced nigerian lawyer. Submit it along with your application for evaluation at the US consulate in nigeria. I must say that it will be very difficult for you to meet the waiver req.

To get HIV waiver,

- You must be married to american citizen/permanent resident or have a child who is american
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay your way without any US govermental AID
- You must prove that you are knowledgable about this decease and will abide by the law to avoid infecting others.

Now the first two will be very hard for you to prove and probably might mean denial,
I liike the US for the level of torrelance in this country, your choices are very limited sorry.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by Godsgirl(f): 4:25am On Jul 26, 2007
Was the pastor married or single? I ask because I hate to make assumptions. Please bear with me. You asked for advice, I can gladly give it as long this question is answered. Thanks!

Agape!
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by geegee(f): 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2007
hi,
im geegee
i know and i can imagine what u and ur family s going thru, i remember the first day i told my sister i was hiv possive it was as hard for them as it was for me and ever since they have been my strenth. u people have to be strong for her and make sure she goes to a center there's one in yaba where she'll be given drugs and be tested for her vital signs which will enable then know what kind of drugs she'll be on and what she reacts to and what she doest react to. as for the pastor he should be sued and jailed there one million of his type out there going around spreading the viruse out of wickness such people God should help us wipe them out of the face of the earth cos we dont know who they'll infect next.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by geegee(f): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2007
hi under 18,
the truth of the matter is u blame no one for ur sister's carelessness she
should have known better than sleep wt anyone unprotected. im living wt hiv too,i blame no one for it and ive taken responsibility for my action and as for that so call "pastor" or man of the devil who know he's possitve and goes around spreading the virues the god he says he saves will catch up him soon. smiley
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by Rlst84sale(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2007
What's all this unhelpful advice you guys are giving her?. The damage has been done, all she needs now is what to do. Tell your sister to completely change her diet to vegetarian diets with a lot of carriot juice made fresh in her own kitchen. Try and talk to people who know about juice therapy, that will may help her. I hope all is well with her.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by mellow(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2007
Take heart my dear. Such is life. Full of ups and downs.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by thundathug(m): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2007
Thats just terrible.It just comes to show U what kind of world we live in today.I think U should just get on with yoour life.I'll pray 4 U.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by kaypinchi(m): 9:19am On Oct 11, 2007
@ under 18
Sorry, (however late this is coming)

We all get carried away when we hear the words pastor, church, religion and the likes.

The world has changed from the old days of innocence, Priests and vows on celibacy. Our men of God today engage in all sorts and compete with the general populace in many regards; the fry their hair, drive flashy cars, have bodyguards, have girlfriends & live in oppulence at the expence of the church.

Let's be wary and cautious. May God help us all.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by LindaTina: 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2007
HEY THERE IS A BIG SOLUTION TO YOUR SISTER PROBLEM/JUST TRY AND BUY THIS WEEK NEWS PAPER CALLED (FIRST MAGAZINE) YOU WILL BE HIGHLY SUPRISED THANKS .
LINDA TINA

Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by olatos(f): 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2007
@Under18, Its quite a pity, to tell u the truth, Americans will NEVER allow any one who is HIV positive to enter their country, I remember when my sister won the Lottery(2003), she went for a test at a Hospital at Muri Okunola(Its mandatory for any immigrant to go for the medicals)., we were full of prayers , but we were not bothered much , cos my sister was a virgin den (but now a mother) and by the end of the day she was negative, My aunt who resides in US had to call us to be sure she wasnt HIV Positive,,cause thats a paramount issue, I DONT THINK SHE WILL BE GIVEN, THERES NOTHING SHE CAN DO ABOUT DAT, UNLESS SHES NEGATIVE, but all the best, the Lord is her strenght, Dont be scared by this statement, but am so sure of it, she cant be given the Visa, The results of the medical tests are usually sealed, so u cant even know whats inside,
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by mummy3(f): 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
Under18, how far with your sister?
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by superfour(m): 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
Beware! Pastor may not be one responsible for her HIV positive.

Is only the Pastor and her can judge that please.

Pastor is not God. Women should learn to say NO to evil move.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by Anubiri(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
Tears fills my eyes as I read 2ru dis pm $ comments but in evry situation giv tnx to God. As my oda frnds jst said ur sis shld go for anoda test to confirm atleast twice more den d result can be 100% sure. If she is still +ve den u dnt hv to let her go to d US again cuz she needs sum1 by her side always to console her make her think less so she can live lng..even wen on drugs $ u ar always tinking it will affect her so.our Lord will see her 2ru..how I wish our lab is more equip I can spend d rest of my life wrking on d drugs cuz I kw I can do it but...naija..sorry dear am nw speechless
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by MrsChima(f): 5:46am On Nov 01, 2012
Someone had mentioned that USA can't discriminate applicants base on health status. USA embassies or any other embassies have the right to approve or deny applicants. They can simple state that the reason for denial is because of fraud, lack of evidence, or the applicant proved to be untrustworthy.....any of those reasons are acceptable even if it is not true for you. The embassies have the last word unless the Department of Homeland issue you the right to appeal but you have to have supporting evidence of such or they will just simply deny you without an appeal.

The Lottery is a goodwill invitation to non-Americans and they have stricter rules than standard immigration. They can ask for anything they want within the scope of the law if it is not written in the law...they can ask you for anything.

I have friends who work for the Department of Homeland Security and I hear stories all the time about how some people tried to sue USA for being denied a visa.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by chiozor: 8:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
Sorry to hear abt her case, she is just one out of millions in Naija with the virus. As for those saying to sue the Pastor,how can you prove it was not her that even infected the Pastor?how can prove the Pastor was the only f.ucking her?
@op, what about trying these herbal cure, like Winniecure, I heard they cure the virus,leave all these western propaganda and politics of No cure!!
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by Burger01(m): 10:53am On Dec 31, 2012
@MrBean, HIV has been removed from the list of communicable diseases. One cannot be refused immigrant visa based on HIV status.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by bymbo3: 1:21am On Jan 12, 2013
so sorry bout ur story....but its no longer a criteria for disqualification @ d embassy she should go ahead with her paperwork they will only run a test if she wants it on her own.
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by toshmann(m): 4:46am On Jan 12, 2013
Last time I checked, Obama has changed that policy of denying people visas because they are HIV positive.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-04/travel/us.hiv.visa_1_hiv-positive-hiv-infection-hiv-travel-and-immigration?_s=PM:TRAVEL

So hurry to the embassy, get her visa, when she gets to the US, treatment plenty. Even free treatment with enough medications. She no get stress.

As for the pastor. . . . . grin
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by toshmann(m): 4:52am On Jan 12, 2013
By the way, did your sister do a test for HIV? How sure are you that she has the virus?

On a lighter note, how come she's dating de pastor? grin even to banging levels when they weren't married. That pastor no de read bible? grin grin

Funky Pastor wink

Anyways relax. No stress. smiley
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by cinammon(f): 11:09am On Jan 12, 2013
toshmann: By the way, did your sister do a test for HIV? How sure are you that she has the virus?

On a lighter note, how come she's dating de pastor? grin even to banging levels when they weren't married. That pastor no de read bible? grin grin

Funky Pastor wink

Anyways relax. No stress. smiley

U r funny o,lol.do u realise u r waking up a dead postsom seven yrs back Evn d OP sef hasn't bin online since den..lool cheesy
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by toshmann(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
Oooops grin
How did it come up on my thread list then?
Anyways grin grin
Re: My 23 Year Old Sister Just Tested Hiv Positive And Has Won American Visa. by jbblues24(m): 2:25am On Jun 02, 2019
Nice use of cornflower blue in this design dude shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 4 2021 In Nigeria / Watching TV Shortens Life Span / Ebola Virus Spreads To Senegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.