Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

How Do I Upgrade My Psp - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Do I Upgrade My Psp (1191 Views)

I Want To Copy Video To My Psp, How Will I Do It? / My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! / Please How Can I Downgrade My Psp Firmware From 3.51 To 1.50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Upgrade My Psp by yommy69(m): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2008
how do i upgrade my psp need help pls yommy from lagos
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Psp by vowiski(m): 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2008
Get the firmware upgrade data. You can get one on the official PSP website. http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/downloads/systemupdate
When clicking Download Now, remember to Save it, not open it. The file name should be EBOOT.PBP Save somehwhere where you can access it easily e.g. Desktop, My Documents, C:\.
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Psp by Henry234(m): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2008
@yommy: Are u using a costume firmware or an official firmware so that you wount go and brick your PSP?

Just make sure you get the right firmware for your psp or take it to a wizard in psp so that he can do it for you to avoid problems,

thanx.
Re: How Do I Upgrade My Psp by vowiski(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2008
2. Plug in your USB cable that you have bought or had to your PC or Computer (same thing). On your PSP you should go to System Settings and on the 2nd from the top press (X) on USB Connect. On your computer it should say something like New Hardware detected USB Mass Storage Device. In My Computer there should be something named "Removable Disk"

3. Click on the Removable Disk and inside there might (might not will) be a folder named "PSP". Click on the PSP folder to go inside of it and inside the PSP there might be a subfolder named "GAME".
Inside the GAMES folder, create a new folder and name it UPDATE in caps, no spaces. Inside that UPDATE folder drag and drop that EBOOT.PBP that you downloaded earlier.
If the PSP folder and GAME folder are not there, you can just create them. Remember that the folder name MUST be in CAPITAL LETTERS and the the GAMES folder is INSIDE the PSP folder, don't mess this up or your PSP will ignore your fold

4."Safely Remove Hardware" -- this should be in your Icon Bar on the Right side of your start bar.
Fully charge your PSP and plug it into the wall. Go to the Games Area; there should be an Icon that says Memory Stick Choose that by Pressing "X" and you'll see PSP Update Version *.** (* meaning what version you've downloaded onto your PSP).

5. Press PSP Update Version *.**, It'll clear the screen for a few seconds and come back on saying "PSP System Software Version *.**" It has a "Start" option or says that you already have that version. Press the Start if you want to upgrade.
Go through the User Agreement and start the upgrade Process. When it starts, remember not to even touch that PSP. Avoid it like your PSP is cursed and fling it at the wall and smash it to a gAJiillion pieces. (or just leave it alone on the floor, desk , chair, etc.)

(1) (Reply)

Great Gaming Products At Ubelievably Low Prices - Kalahari.com.ng / Game Exchange / PC Game Graphics**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.