Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:33 PM

England Vs Scotland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / England Vs Scotland (5905 Views)

What Is The Difference Between England, Scotland And United Kingdom Visa? / Why Is England Better Than Ireland And Scotland? / Scotland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

England Vs Scotland by succeedo: 4:00am On Jun 20, 2008
Though scotland and england are both in d UK,it appears that securing student visa in england seems more difficult than scotland.What do you guys think?
Re: England Vs Scotland by 8ball(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2008
I think scotland is a smaller country not so densely populated like England and quite visitor friendly too.And with the current fresh talent hunt Initiative by the scottish Executives,It has more than become a hub of some sort for graduates looking to consolidate on relavant work experience before proceeding back for home country
Re: England Vs Scotland by funkybaby(f): 10:46am On Jun 20, 2008
I will go with England. Its larger, more populated, more opportunities, flexibility to move around (if there is difficulty in getting a job in say London-you could relocate to Wolverhampton and get a good job there , etc.

Regarding work experience, with the exception of those studying oil and gas related courses, i will still go with England.

England has also introduced two years Post Study Work Scheme (warreva name its called), Paribus can shed more light on this. So i guess its even now on both sides.

@succeedo
There is no preferential treatment for student visa applications for applicants who have chosen to study at Scotland neither is there a higher success rate or otherwise. It is still the same British High Commission that handles it all.
Re: England Vs Scotland by 8ball(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2008
@funky baby

U seem quite knowledgeable about immigration laws ,rules n all what not in the UK.av seen your posts in response to other issues raised in the travel section.I must say that's quite commendable but i must differ with u on the pertinent issue at hand.Oil and Gas may not be the only reason why students choose to study in Scotland.It would do u a whole lot of good to use a whole gamut of considerations to arrive at yo conclusion

In conclusion,i believe scotland is better on the strength of student testimonies and reviews,and the sparse population of the country making it easier to find yo way around,manageable crime rate than in Enbland especially London.I have got a lot of friends studying in both places.Their comments are the same,even the ones in England show some sort of preference for scotland.Do u have an answer for that dear?
Re: England Vs Scotland by paribus(m): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2008
I'll say on the basis on the general costs of living, Scotland might be more attractive to International students than England. Quite interestingly and on the contrary, most people I know stuyding in Scotland would prefer to work in England after graduation as there are more opportunities. However one cannot use a sample size encompassing only a circle of friends/acquaintances and some few students studying there as indicative or to generalize the opinions and outlook of the entire int'l students population.

Again most students I know (doesn't necessarily represents most int'l students in scotland) studying in Scotland indicated the Fresh Talent Scheme (which allows them to stay back in Scotland to work for two years) as a major point of attraction in choosing between Scotland over England for studying. However this attraction would be insignificant in the next couple of weeks when the Post Study Work Scheme is introduced across the whole of UK as this replaces the fresh talent scheme.

Scotland have good schools no doubt, but so does England. The Oil and Gas advantage is definitely there for studying and maybe even working in Scotland. However broadly comparing availability of opportunities, I think England would be Preferable to Scotland. With only 3 major cities Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland would have less opportunities available than England for students seeking to stay back and work.

Scotland possibly have other things going for her like reduced crime rate, low property rates, less congestion, but in most cities where these factors are touted as advantages, these would normally translate to less in terms of industrialisation, employment opportunities etc. Taking London for instance offering most opportunities in terms of employment, most people wishing to benefit from living in a low crime rate environment would have no choice but to live in the surburbs and commute to London. But Scotland is far from anywhere, and commuting into any other cities from Scotland major cities (or vice versa) would be not be quite as feasible.

So if solely from the perspective of living costs, crime rate (maybe) and studying, I would prefer to study in Scotland. However if I have to consider employment opportunities, definitely England. Regards
Re: England Vs Scotland by 8ball(m): 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2008
@paribus

Am impressed wiv yo post.I wish other people could be that detailed in their comments.It would indeed do this forum a whole lot of good.In any case,with all that u've surmised,one wuld no longer be in doubt as per choice of the two UK countries depending on the factor most influential

kip that up man,
Re: England Vs Scotland by celebritee(m): 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ Paribus.
You are good with a capital G. I like the way you put your points across, without malice or prejudice.(not to mention the fact that I've never seen a typo in any of your replies). I think that makes you refined.

Thanks for your info. They always come across as precise and incisive. Cheers man!!
Re: England Vs Scotland by Mez123: 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Everyone is comparing England to Scotland, Please what of Wales. how is it in terms of education and traveling with your family to study there, getting jobs during study and after study?
How is life there generally?
Re: England Vs Scotland by Cousin9999: 6:50am On Apr 06, 2022
Mez123:
Everyone is comparing England to Scotland, Please what of Wales. how is it in terms of education and traveling with your family to study there, getting jobs during study and after study?
How is life there generally?

I don't have much info for you except their language sounds goofy, and looks like someone fell asleep on the keyboard. lol
Re: England Vs Scotland by DivazBeauty: 11:11am On Apr 15, 2022
Please I have a question. Is it possible to do masters in Scotland and get job in England after masters. Is it allowed ?

(1) (Reply)

My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. / Nigerian Man Warns People Do Not Travel To Belarus (photos, Video) / My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.