Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. (21681 Views)

Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" / Gnld, Tiashi, Forever Living And Other Network Drugs Will Destroy Your Salvation / Why Compulsary Tithing Is Dangerous To Your Salvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by haibe(m): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ihedinobi: @haibe, wow, bro, that's great. Just two and a half? If I'm remembering correctly, you are one powerhouse around these parts. Thank God for your story. May your feet be set firmly in the paths of Christ.

Amen bro, thanks.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by Soloter(m): 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
Baybe: I was saved from birth cheesycheesy
You are the greatest lower who has ever lived. Mary, Joseph, Abraham, etc were born like that. in essence, you are saying the death of Christ on that CROSS was not necessary. Give your life to Jesus now and be saved.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by quivah(f): 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Soloter: You are the greatest lower who has ever lived. Mary, Joseph, Abraham, etc were born like that. in essence, you are saying the death of Christ on that CROSS was not necessary. Give your life to Jesus now and be saved.
I can see how saved you really are..
Can't you just correct her without judging her?!
Oversabi!!...

scaler345: Don't bleeping demonize my spiritual experience.
Look at this one too^^

I wonder what salvation really means to these so called christians..hmph!
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by samola01: 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
I attended LSBSF vigil in March 1999. After the message the Minister gave an Altar call,the Holy Spirit whispered,to my heart ( whoever is ashamed of me here on earth will I be ashame of in my Fathers kingdom ) immediately I gave my life to Jesus
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by Handsomeemmy(m): 12:15am On Sep 16, 2013
quivah: hmmmm!
My brethren! My salvation story was just so great.

March 2012.
I went to a church program with some of my friends..the sermon was cool tho it wasn't about salvation..we treated a verse in 1st kings or so..
After the sermon, the pastor dropped some prayer points.. majorly on "household enemies"..menh! I pray sotey in a very loud voice cause those beside me where praying as if them wan drag heaven down!!

"If you know you are not born again,raise up ya hand and step forward" the pastor said
"Other brethren please close your eyes" he added..
I go to church always so its not like I was new in the system but I just went out that day cause I was yet to have my water baptism.

I stepped forward with some other people and one after the other he prayed for us..spoke in tongue..blew air straight on our fore heads and push the head(people without stamina fell sha but you know? It was holy ghost baptism,while others staggered and a few dint shake,,i was one of them)
The man asked those who fell to return back to their seats as the H G don fall on them..
The pastor resumed praying for the rest of us..telling us to speak in tongue that the H G is here..
He kept shouting,some started speaking glibberish[i guess they were fed up]while like three of us dint
We went back to our seats after the pastor said he would attend to us later shoooo!..

I wondered,na so I stubborn reach?!..
I have never spoke in tongue,heard from god nor saw a vision even tho I prayed and fasted over them!!.

I resolved into believing what I believe now..

I got saved into atheism

Lool!!
I know whats good,and I do them..
There is indeed time for everything, a time for God's revelation towards you cometh soon, resist it not.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2013
Please OP and anybody here who can help me. Am a sinner, a very inept sinner. Pls I have always wanted to change my ways, but each time, I always go back to my sinful ways. I need your help pls. I want to change my ways if for nothing, but to give my mum that happiness she deserves. SOMEBODY HELP ME. *crying*

2 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 16, 2013
Soloter: You are the greatest lower who has ever lived. Mary, Joseph, Abraham, etc were born like that. in essence, you are saying the death of Christ on that CROSS was not necessary. Give your life to Jesus now and be saved.
Hian! They birthed me after Jesusl death nah. And who says my life is not with Christ? What are you even saying undecided undecided
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by GospelRapper(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2013
Timijo: I thank God for your life, may the Lord keep you to The end. But remember, you are saved to serve.
God saves us to teach us how to walk with Him so we can eventually work for Him and in that order. Many christians are in a hurry to represent for a God they misunderstand.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by GospelRapper(m): 8:59am On Sep 16, 2013
Rehnoy: Please OP and anybody here who can help me. Am a sinner, a very inept sinner. Pls I have always wanted to change my ways, but each time, I always go back to my sinful ways. I need your help pls. I want to change my ways if for nothing, but to give my mum that happiness she deserves. SOMEBODY HELP ME. *crying*
you have been trying by your own efforts but by strength shall no man prevail becos it is not by power or by might it is by the spirit says the Lord. Repent and invite Jesus Christ into your life, you dont have to struggle to do what is right, righteousness is a gift God imparts into our spirits through Jesus. Visit gotquestions.com
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by Soloter(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2013
Jayuba: Majority of us think our salvation took place a long time ago and therefore it is past tense. That is true. But i will asure you that God saves us from sin everyday. He forgives us our sins wen we confess them to Him. Categorically, our salvation is a continues process.
your argument is heretical. so when shall it end? don't confuse the spiritual babies in the forum. we've have not so learnt Christ.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by omode2(m): 11:31am On Sep 16, 2013
Rehnoy: Please OP and anybody here who can help me. Am a sinner, a very inept sinner. Pls I have always wanted to change my ways, but each time, I always go back to my sinful ways. I need your help pls. I want to change my ways if for nothing, but to give my mum that happiness she deserves. SOMEBODY HELP ME. *crying*
I love ur courage so many ppl are in ur state bt thinks all is well. You dont try to live wtout sin by ur strenth u will only b a moralist. U live wtout sin by first inviting christ into ur life as ur lord and personal saviour. Confess all ur sins and forsake ur old ways. Then look for a bible believing church where u can b discipled tru various disciplish classes and be baptised bt immersion. Do away wt old habits and friends attend fellowships and christian programmes and continue to study and meditate on d word(bible) wc will make u rooted in christ. Lastly dont use ur life to please anyone give ur life because God loves u and gave his only son for ur life nt because of ur mum if nt u will misbehave if she is nt there.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by Pethan: 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
I thank God for the salvation of my soul. By the grace of God i gave my life to christ when i was in JSS 1. Before this time i was living in sin and under the devils control. though i was very young the devil blinded my eyes that i did not know that Jesus died to save my soul. I thank the lord that i was opportuned to attend a student program organised by the Deeper Life Bible Church. there i heard the message on the return of christ, I saw myself as a sinner, i wept for the sins i had commited and gave my life to christ. my life has taking a new turn christ has made me a new creature by his grace am now a happy child of God. As i went on in my christian journey, many times i listen to messages on the holiness experience because of the rising and fallen in my christian life i had always prayed to be sactified! I consecrated my life to God, but the devil seeing that if i continue in my consecration that i will eventually make it to heaven, started using somethings to discourage me.I found out that those things were hindring me from getting higher in Gods word so i cried out to the lord that he should help me the lord sanctify me and gave me more grace to immediatly pressforward to the experience of the spirit baptism after really praying and desiring for this experience.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by meemeee: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
m-ployer:
Salvation is more dan a decission, it is a miracle smiley
Yes it is a miracle but starts as a decision, a personal decision
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
GospelRapper: you have been trying by your own efforts but by strength shall no man prevail becos it is not by power or by might it is by the spirit says the Lord. Repent and invite Jesus Christ into your life, you dont have to struggle to do what is right, righteousness is a gift God imparts into our spirits through Jesus. Visit gotquestions.com
omode2: I love ur courage so many ppl are in ur state bt thinks all is well. You dont try to live wtout sin by ur strenth u will only b a moralist. U live wtout sin by first inviting christ into ur life as ur lord and personal saviour. Confess all ur sins and forsake ur old ways. Then look for a bible believing church where u can b discipled tru various disciplish classes and be baptised bt immersion. Do away wt old habits and friends attend fellowships and christian programmes and continue to study and meditate on d word(bible) wc will make u rooted in christ. Lastly dont use ur life to please anyone give ur life because God loves u and gave his only son for ur life nt because of ur mum if nt u will misbehave if she is nt there.
thanks brothers. But how do I get this holy spirit to guide me. Am just too confused, but all I know is that I really need God in my life. Like seriously I really need God.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by HolyHolla(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
I wouldn't really wish to talk about it, but to give a chance for someone out there to learn a lesson or two. It was while I was a student in Basic Studies class at a federal Polytechnic in the South West. I was dead drunk and trekking back to campus that early Sunday morning after a night party and drinking session, when it dawned on me that death was somehow close by, due to the life I was living.

Though it was at a time when cult groups were not many in higher institutions, I was a leader of a gangster group that was the alternative and anti-cult movement on campus. I always had my switchblade knife in my pocket and a heavy chain with big padlock (which I seized from the porters) in my school bag, ready for any fight, ready to rumble anytime.

I had to be armed always, I thought. We were the powers ruling the campus and dictating when students would riot or not. And there was also my need to be ready for the "Yahoo" Pirates cult boys who we had just rumbled and arrested after heavy fighting a few weeks later. I just couldn't do with letting off my guard at anytime.

Something told me point blank in my heart that if I continued that lifestyle, I was bound to die in a few months. But I knew no other way to live, except like those chaps we used to call 'SUs', a derogatory name we used for born again Christians.

When I got to the hostel that early morning, I noticed that my room mate, who was SU had gone for all night vigil. I often wondered how he was able to pull life through with 'his God', and still get to read his books. Right there and then, I got on my knees and prayed for the first time in years. "Jesus, if you are truly out there, save me. You know I don't know how to pray, but just accept this from my heart. If you can save me, it's OK, but if not, well...", I muttered and jumped into bed.

I couldn't fanthom how I woke up at about 9am and started to dress up for church; the first time such a thought ever came my way that year. There were no clothes in my wardrobe to wear except my tight Fela styled slim fit shirt and Oxford baggy trousers with high heeled platform shoes, so I almost gave up the idea of going to the service. After a bit of searching, I found something to wear, which I thought should be acceptable enough. I still felt it would be convulsive to the taste and style of church people, but there was no alternative.

When I got to church, I was the cynosure of all eyes, looking just out of place among so many 'decently dressed' students. Some even avoided sitting near me, knowing fully well the character that I was. The me that they knew then could draw a knife and stab anyone at any slight provocation and noone wanted a part of that and oftentimes, people avoided me on the streets, even my mates who were rugged like me.

It was not until the time of the altar call when I got up and walked to the front that the palpable tension in the Assembly Hall where we had the service eased. Finally, this prodigal found his way home...

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by haibe(m): 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
HolyHolla: I wouldn't really wish to talk about it, but to give a chance for someone out there to learn a lesson or two. It was while I was a student in Basic Studies class at a federal Polytechnic in the South West. I was dead drunk and trekking back to campus that early Sunday morning after a night party and drinking session, when it dawned on me that death was somehow close by, due to the life I was living.

Though it was at a time when cult groups were not many in higher institutions, I was a leader of a gangster group that was the alternative and anti-cult movement on campus. I always had my switchblade knife in my pocket and a heavy chain with big padlock (which I seized from the porters) in my school bag, ready for any fight, ready to rumble anytime.

I had to be armed always, I thought. We were the powers ruling the campus and dictating when students would riot or not. And there was also my need to be ready for the "Yahoo" Pirates cult boys who we had just rumbled and arrested after heavy fighting a few weeks later. I just couldn't do with letting off my guard at anytime.

Something told me point blank in my heart that if I continued that lifestyle, I was bound to die in a few months. But I knew no other way to live, except like those chaps we used to call 'SUs', a derogatory name we used for born again Christians.

When I got to the hostel that early morning, I noticed that my room mate, who was SU had gone for all night vigil. I often wondered how he was able to pull life through with 'his God', and still get to read his books. Right there and then, I got on my knees and prayed for the first time in years. "Jesus, if you are truly out there, save me. You know I don't know how to pray, but just accept this from my heart. If you can save me, it's OK, but if not, well...", I muttered and jumped into bed.

I couldn't fanthom how I woke up at about 9am and started to dress up for church; the first time such a thought ever came my way that year. There were no clothes in my wardrobe to wear except my tight Fela styled slim fit shirt and Oxford baggy trousers with high heeled platform shoes, so I almost gave up the idea of going to the service. After a bit of searching, I found something to wear, which I thought should be acceptable enough. I still felt it would be convulsing to the taste and style of church people, but there was no alternative.

When I got to church, I was the cynosure of all eyes, looking just out of place among so many 'decently dressed' students. Some even avoided sitting near me, knowing fully well the character that I was. The me that they knew then could draw a knife and stab anyone at any slight provocation and noone wanted a part of that and oftentimes, people avoided me on the streets, even my mates who were rugged like me.

It was not until the time of the altar call when I got up and walked to the front that the palpable tension in the Assembly Hall where we had the service eased. Finally, this prodigal found his way home...

Wow, make God uphold your spiritual journey to heaven
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by salt1: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2013

Your prayer moved me. What you are going through is called Holy Ghost conviction. The God you are looking for is actually looking for you too.
Here are a few steps I took and found peace
1. accept you are a sinner.
2. confess every sin you remember committing to God. Ask Him to remind you of them and confess them all. When we approach God, we come clean before Him (He that hideth his sins shall not prosper but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy)
3. renounce them. promise God you won't go back to them.
4. accept God's offer of mercy. Don't think your sins are too many for God to forgive. believe that Jesus forgives you

As you pray from a broken and contrite heart, you will KNOW when you are forgiven! Peace will fill your heart. You will have the joy of salvation. Much more importantly is that the sinful things you were doing before, you will loathe them. I don't say you will be struggling to avoid them, but that you will so hate them that if you were an alcoholic, the smell of alcohol will be revolting to you.
It is real and you can have this experience when you pray

2 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by omode2(m): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2013
Rehnoy: thanks brothers. But how do I get this holy spirit to guide me. Am just too confused, but all I know is that I really need God in my life. Like seriously I really need God.
for our God is nt d author of confusion starts from d basics its a process one steps leads to anoda once u have accepted christ d holy spirit is in u.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by Eben2: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2013
Hmm... My birth day! How can I ever forget thee? The joy unspeakable that overflowed my heart when my SAVIOUR with tender loving care lifted from off my shoulder my burden of sin. That glorious day was Sunday, December 5, 2010!

Prior to this glorious day, I had lived a very bad life. I was a big time liar, a thief, in my place of work I would collect bribe and give undeserved positions to those who could pay, above all, I was a sex addict. I was all these despite the fact that I was a regular church attendee.

I didn't want to live like that but I could not help it. The more I tried to live right, the more I found myself doing more of evil. It came to a point I could not live two days without sex. I would feel like being surforcated! I taught marriage would help and I therefore got married in 2008 to the only woman I ever loved thinking I would not be able to cheat on her. Alas! Things got worse after few months into the marriage! I began to have chains of girlfriend; I slept with anything in skirt! Young, old, married and single. It was so bad I had it with my wife's cousin and had relationship with my landlord's daugher. I gave my life completely to do evil after I had tried so much to live right but could not. My wife was always in tears and there was no peace in my home.

Then, on December 3, 2010; I met two new girls and had plan to do the usual with each of them the next Sunday. I came to church as usual and when the preacher mounted the pulpit, I said a silent prayer that he would finish early so I could meet up with my girls because I had given them different time of the day. I can't explain how, but before the end of the message, something entered into my heart and convicted me of my sins, my hardened heart was softened and for the first time I saw how dirty and unworthy I was. The burden was so much on me that I fell on my kneels and cried out to God for help. Right there and then, The Lord came into my heart and took my burden away and there was a joy in my heart that words cannot describe.

Ever since, my story has changed! There's peace in my heart and home. The lifestyle I taught I could not do without, has become a thing of the past. The Lord gave my a new Spirit and vision. Praise ye The Lord!

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by imabiodun: 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
I have always been going to Church, going to Church but have never had an encounter with Jesus Christ personally. It was getting towards the end of July/August. I was fortunate to be ib the service in that particular sunday when I heard the sermon, my mind was troubled , I started to think about my Past saying to myself I need to know God, I need peace, living sinful life all for nothing, thinking about my future, what my end would be, my purpose in Life, I needed answers to questions. that When I knew I need Jesus, telling him to rule my life, deciding to follow him. I left the Old life and started following Jesus, knowing my future and my end will always be in him.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by UnchangeableGod: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
salt1:

Your prayer moved me. What you are going through is called Holy Ghost conviction. The God you are looking for is actually looking for you too.
Here are a few steps I took and found peace
1. accept you are a sinner.
2. confess every sin you remember committing to God. Ask Him to remind you of them and confess them all. When we approach God, we come clean before Him (He that hideth his sins shall not prosper but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy)
3. renounce them. promise God you won't go back to them.
4. accept God's offer of mercy. Don't think your sins are too many for God to forgive. believe that Jesus forgives you

As you pray from a broken and contrite heart, you will KNOW when you are forgiven! Peace will fill your heart. You will have the joy of salvation. Much more importantly is that the sinful things you were doing before, you will loathe them. I don't say you will be struggling to avoid them, but that you will so hate them that if you were an alcoholic, the smell of alcohol will be revolting to you.
It is real and you can have this experience when you pray
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by UnchangeableGod: 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
Eben2:
Hmm... My birth day! How can I ever forget thee? The joy unspeakable that overflowed my heart when my SAVIOUR with tender loving care lifted from off my shoulder my burden of sin. That glorious day was Sunday, December 5, 2010!

Prior to this glorious day, I had lived a very bad life. I was a big time liar, a thief, in my place of work I would collect bribe and give undeserved positions to those who could pay, above all, I was a sex addict. I was all these despite the fact that I was a regular church attendee.

I didn't want to live like that but I could not help it. The more I tried to live right, the more I found myself doing more of evil. It came to a point I could not live two days without sex. I would feel like being surforcated! I taught marriage would help and I therefore got married in 2008 to the only woman I ever loved thinking I would not be able to cheat on her. Alas! Things got worse after few months into the marriage! I began to have chains of girlfriend; I slept with anything in skirt! Young, old, married and single. It was so bad I had it with my wife's cousin and had relationship with my landlord's daugher. I gave my life completely to do evil after I had tried so much to live right but could not. My wife was always in tears and there was no peace in my home.

Then, on December 3, 2010; I met two new girls and had plan to do the usual with each of them the next Sunday. I came to church as usual and when the preacher mounted the pulpit, I said a silent prayer that he would finish early so I could meet up with my girls because I had given them different time of the day. I can't explain how, but before the end of the message, something entered into my heart and convicted me of my sins, my hardened heart was softened and for the first time I saw how dirty and unworthy I was. The burden was so much on me that I fell on my kneels and cried out to God for help. Right there and then, The Lord came into my heart and took my burden away and there was a joy in my heart that words cannot describe.

Ever since, my story has changed! There's peace in my heart and home. The lifestyle I taught I could not do without, has become a thing of the past. The Lord gave my a new Spirit and vision. Praise ye The Lord!
Alleluya!
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by UnchangeableGod: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
I had been attending church even was a worker and a Sunday Schhol Teacher for years but remained a sinner. One fateful day, a younger colleague of mine whose life challenged me was asked to give a moral talk to the students on the Assembly ground. That was on Friday, 12th November, 1999. Though brief, the moral talk turned to a sermon that my self-righteous and religious but filthy soul could not resist. I decided for Christ now and then. On Thursday, 18th November, 1999, I woke up to realize I was saved! My life had completely changed. One of my old sinful friends gave me a few months to come back to them. But thank God, it is close to 18 years now and His grace has been sufficient for me. I pray that His grace will continue to keep us who have taken this glorious decision till the end I J N, Amen.
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by UnchangeableGod: 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
Timijo:
It is a wonderful thing to be saved through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Salvation as become one of the prerequistite of making heaven as stated by Jesus in the book of John3:3.
I was a sinner before, yes a sinner I was before Jesus came into my heart. The bible says, ''For all have sin and have come short of the glory of God''. ''For out of iniquities did my mother conceived me''.
But I thanked God for saving my soul from eternal damnation. Jesus came into my heart on 31st October 2001. It all happened in an end of the year crusade organised by NTCM. After listening to the powerful sermon delivered by the General Overseer- Pastor Moses Rahaman Popoola, I was conviced of my sin and I went out to meet Jesus when the altar call was made.
Although, it was not too easy to part away from my sinful friends at the beginning of my journey with Christ but the Lord help me. I received power over sin just as He has promised in John1:12.
I attended a follow up program organised by the church in order to help me establish my faith in Christ Jesus. After that I joined a disciplship school which lasted for about 3 years. I also did workers' training in the same church.
I give thanks to The Almighty God for His love that found me. I also thank Him for helping me to continue with Him.

This is just the summary of my salvation.
Share yours.

If you have not received Jesus Christ into your life, you can do so now before it will be too late for you.
To God be the glory!
Re: Share The Experience Of Your Salvation Here. by UnchangeableGod: 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
I was saved from birth cheesycheesy
You are so wrong. No one is saved from birth. Salvation is by personal volution. It is not what a baby can experience. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Smartphones Are No Substitute For Bibles / The New Testament Prophets Defined. / Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.