Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? (4595 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / The Origin Of Human Races? / Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 15, 2013
As a christian, I've often wondered how. I don't think it was mentioned in the bible or maybe I've not read it. Based on the creation of Adam, how did the other races come about? I don't know the exact race of adam but I think he's white. Please house, enlighten me. This thread is for all the theists and atheists to bare their minds. Please no insults and vain comments, thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Sleekydee(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2013
What ponders me is How did d asians get their identical identity...I mean dose neggaz re had 2 differentiate....U date one Chinese gurl n tis like u dating a nation...DAMNNN!!!
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by enilove(m): 9:17am On Sep 15, 2013
jammyng: As a christian, I've often wondered how. I don't think it was mentioned in the bible or maybe I've not read it. Based on the creation of Adam, how did the other races come about? I don't know the exact race of adam but I think he's white. Please house, enlighten me. This thread is for all the theists and atheists to bare their minds. Please no insults and vain comments, thanks.

It is in the bible in the book of:
Genesis 11:1-9 KJV
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. [2] And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. [3] And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. [4] And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. [5] And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. [6] And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. [7] Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. [8] So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. [9] Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2013
Exactly, that's my confusion.
Sleekydee: What ponders me is How did d asians get their identical identity...I mean dose neggaz re had 2 differentiate....U date one Chinese gurl n tis like u dating a nation...DAMNNN!!!
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2013
The bible talks about language not race. Or maybe I'm wrong?
enilove:

And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. [2] And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. [3] And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. [4] And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. [5] And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. [6] And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. [7] Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. [8] So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. [9] Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

2 Likes

Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2013
another nominee
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by sholay2011(m): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2013
*follows thread*
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2013
Bro Obadiah, nominee for what sir?
obadiah777: another nominee
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by lanrexlan(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2013
Different races is a sign of Allah.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ar-Rum 30:22 -And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours.Verily,in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge......Peace
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by lanrexlan(m): 11:06am On Sep 15, 2013
enilove:

Is this not a sadist god!?
How can the biblical god create confusion in the language of the people because they wanted to build a high tower to reach heaven thereby becoming famous? Is he afraid they may hijack his dominion?

Glorified and exalted is Allah,differences in languages is just a sign from Allah[Surah Ar-Rum 30:22] and Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ar-Rahman 55:33 -O assembly of jinns and men! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth,then pass (them)! But you will never be able to pass them,except with authority (from Allah)!.
So Allah challenged men,if you can go beyond the heavens then pass and you won't be able to do that except Allah wills.This is the quality of a True Living God.....Peace
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by enilove(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2013
jammyng: The bible talks about language not race. Or maybe I'm wrong?

Your question was ,'how did we have diff human races'.

I gave you the accout of the tower of Babel, which is the true biginning of diff languages and geographical settlement of human race.

What is a race,if I may ask?

A race is a human classification used to categorize people into large and distinct population or groups by culture, ethics ,geographical , linguistic etc.

The above definition means a race can be distinguished based on language or where they are located.
The account of the builders of Tower of Babel tells us axactly how and why we have diff languages and how people found their ways to a particular continent and thereby diferentiated from people in another continent.

The use of the word 'race' was not used in the bible days but started in 17 th century and now comonly used.

1 Like

Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2013
That's good. The Quran gives a clearer picture. But I'd like to know how it is linked to the first man created. Link it to creation of human in the Quran
lanrexlan: Different races is a sign of Allah.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ar-Rum 30:22 -And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours.Verily,in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge......Peace
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2013
When I say race, I mean skin colour
enilove:

Your question was ,'how did we have diff human races'.

I gave you the accout of the tower of Babel, which is the true biginning of diff languages and geographical settlement of human race.

What is a race,if I may ask?

A race is a human classification used to categorize people into large and distinct population or groups by culture, ethics ,geographical , linguistic etc.

The above definition means a race can be distinguished based on language or where they are located.
The account of the builders of Tower of Babel tells us axactly how and why we have diff languages and how people found their ways to a particular continent and thereby diferentiated from people in another continent.

The use of the word 'race' was not used in the bible days but started in 17 th century and now comonly used.

1 Like

Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
OP,
the muslims on this thread don't know their religion. None of them was able to give a correct answer, they are busy bashing christianity as if that is the question the thread asked them to answer. Smh

The Islamic explanation for humans having different races is because Allah created Adam (the first man) with earth/sand of different colours taken from different lands and as a result, all of Adams children ended up having the different colours that made up the sand from which Adam was created......... grin grin grin

Abu Musa Al-Sha’ara’I narrated that Prophet Muhammad said: "Allah created Adam from a handful of dust taken from different lands, so the children of Adam have been created according to the composition of the land. Therefore, from mankind we have white, red, black, and yellow ones; we have good and evil, ease and sorrow, and what comes in between them." Sahih Al-Bukhari

According to Islam, environment does not have anything to do with our skin colour, Africans are not dark because of their exposure to sunlight, Americans are not white because they are exposed to less intense sunlight than Africans.
No.
Environment and weather has nothing to do with it. We have different races because Allah mixed up some multi coloured grains of sand and carved Adam out of it.

Islam is great.......
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
NL member: OP,
the muslims on this thread don't know their religion. None of them was able to give a correct answer, they are busy bashing christianity as if that is the question the thread asked them to answer. Smh

The Islamic explanation for humans having different races is because Allah created Adam (the first man) with earth/sand of different colours taken from different lands and as a result, all of Adams children ended up having the different colours that made up the sand from which Adam was created......... grin grin grin

Abu Musa Al-Sha’ara’I narrated that Prophet Muhammad said: "Allah created Adam from a handful of dust taken from different lands, so the children of Adam have been created according to the composition of the land. Therefore, from mankind we have white, red, black, and yellow ones; we have good and evil, ease and sorrow, and what comes in between them." Sahih Al-Bukhari

According to Islam, environment does not have anything to do with our skin colour, Africans are not dark because of their exposure to sunlight, Americans are not white because they are exposed to less intense sunlight than Africans.
No.
Environment and weather has nothing to do with it. We have different races because Allah mixed up some multi coloured grains of sand and carved Adam out of it.

Islam is great.......
ok, thanks. @lanrexlan, please give your opinion and don't bring unneccesary insults to this thread. Thank u.
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Different races all from Adam.
Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,
As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:
dear brother Burhan,
Firstly i really want to congratulate you for the kind of service you are doing for our deen. may Allah s.t grant you Jannat.
They are different races in this world, with different kind of skin and color with different tongues and languages. People of different regions have the different looks, for eg: No Chinese looks like a Japanese or any other people of any other part of the globe. We have the blacks with curly hair where you have the whites with straight hair.
My question to you is, how did sooo many races came into being. When we are all the children of Adam (A.S)..all our borthers n sisters...pls advice if and correct me if i am wrong in any way....
Aaah bless.

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:
Different races all from adam
In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.
May Allah Subhanah reward you with the best of this world and the Hereafter for your kind comments of encouragement for our humble efforts in the propagation of the Truth. If our humble and modest efforts have helped even one brother or sister get closer to Allah and His Deen of Truth, then we would consider ourselves indeed fortunate to have been given this opportunity by the Lord Most Merciful to serve in His Cause. We hope, beg, and pray the Merciful Lord accepts our humble and weak efforts, forgives us our shortcomings, and saves you, us, and all the believers from the torment of the Hell Fire. Ameen.

Your Question: ….They are different races in this world, with different kind of skin and color with different tongues and languages…… My question to you is, how did sooo many races came into being. When we are all the children of Adam (A.S)..all our borthers n sisters...

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Nisaa verse 1: O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-Lord Who created you from a single person (Adam (a.s.)); created of like nature his mate (Hawwa, Eve); and from them twain scattered countless men and women; reverence Allah through Whom ye demand your mutual (rights) and (reverence) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 49 Surah Hujuraat verse 13:
13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).
Allah Subhanah guides in His Glorious Quran that without an iota of a doubt, all human beings are the off-spring of one set of parents: ie. Adam (a.s.) and Hawwa (Eve); and that it is He Who has dispersed mankind into various nations and tribes.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 30 Surah Rome verse 22:
22And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth; and the variations in your languages and in your colors: verily in that are Signs for those who know.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 35 Surah Fatir verses 27-28:
27 Seest thou not that Allah sends down rain from the sky? With it We then bring out produce of various colors. And in the mountains are tracts white, and red, of various shades of color, and black intense in hue.
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Continued:
28And so amongst men and crawling creatures and cattle are they of various colors.Those truly fear Allah among His Servants who have knowledge: for Allah is Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 82 Surah Infitaar verses 6-7:
6O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?
7Him Who created thee; fashioned thee in due proportion; and gave thee a just bias;
8In whatever Form He Wills does He put thee together.
Your Question: My question to you is, how did sooo many races came into being.When we are all the children of Adam ( A.S)..all our borthers n sisters...
As much as every single human being is the off-spring of the exact same set of parents, it is a scientific fact that the external conditions like the temperature one is exposed to, or the food one consumes, or the environment one lives in, etc…..over a considerable period of time has an effect on the nature or color of one’s skin and appearance.Thus although every human being is the off-spring of Adam, in the considerable time that has elapsed from the time of Hadrat Adam (a.s.) until this age….the physical appearance of man has probably evolved through the ages. And Allah Alone Knows Best.
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.830Narrated by Abu Huraira
A bedouin came to Allah's Messenger (saws) and said, "My wife has delivered a black child." The Prophet (saws) said to him, "Have you camels?" He replied, "Yes." The Prophet (saws) said, "What color are they?" He replied, "They are red." The Prophet (saws) further asked, "Are any of them gray in color?" He replied, "Yes." The Prophet (saws) asked him, "Whence did that grayness come?" He said, "I think it descended from the camel's ancestors." Then the Prophet (saws) said (to him), "Therefore, this child of yours has most probably inherited the color from his ancestors."
Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone.Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.
Your brother and well wisher in Islam,
Burhan
http://www.islamhelpline.com/node/7175
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by lanrexlan(m): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
jammyng: That's good. The Quran gives a clearer picture. But I'd like to know how it is linked to the first man created. Link it to creation of human in the Quran
The first man was created from dust.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Ar-Rum 30:20- O mankind! Surely We created you from dust.
Surah As-Sajdah 32:7-9 -He began the creation of man from dust.Then He made his progeny of an extract of water held in light esteem.Then he made him complete and breathed into him of His spirit and made for you ears and eyes and heart
......Peace
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
Where are our science believing folks? No theory of evolution about the different races from you?
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
jammyng: As a christian, I've often wondered how. I don't think it was mentioned in the bible or maybe I've not read it. Based on the creation of Adam, how did the other races come about? I don't know the exact race of adam but I think he's white. Please house, enlighten me. This thread is for all the theists and atheists to bare their minds. Please no insults and vain comments, thanks.

grin grin Just look at it this way. We all have the same color skin pigmentation but just different amounts it.

OR

[s]Adam might have been black (brownish kinda). grin grin After all, the Garden of Eden was in Africa (somewhere near Ethiopia) or the Middle East.[/s]

I think Adam and Eve were created in Mediums...brownish skin color (since they came from dust durrhh grin) and all that. And overtime, climate conditions played a huge factor. As the population began to grow and people began to disperse to various parts of the world, those within hotter climates became darker due to the excess of melanin blah blah and vice versa. Overtime as u move to the story of Noah, only 8 people survived, out of those were Noah's boys; Shem, Ham and Japheth. And according to popular belief, Ham continued the black race (lets just forget that curse thing now grin grin). He had a son whom he named Cush and Cush means black in Hebrew. It also means Ethiopia in Greek and Latin and Ethiopians have always been black (The book of Jeremiah kinda confirms this, when the question of if Ethiopians can ever change their skin was asked).

People just need to stop thinking Adam was white because there is no where in the Bible did it ever say he was white.
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mariarocks:

grin grin Just look at it this way. We all have the same color skin pigmentation but just different amounts it.

Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
jammyng:

LOOL! I don already modify am to what I really think
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Empiree: 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
A
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Empiree: All verses of Quran cited are indeed detailed. But given my radical thought, anything that is not "white "it's under "black" category. Therefore, our father Adam could not have been a white man. And from Quran we learn that his wife, Hawwa or Eve, was created from his ribs. Rib is a white cell. The last time I checked in the hospital human ribs are indeed white. This suggests that Hawwa could have been a white woman or at least light skinned. From them (Adam & Eve), we have countless of men and women of diff languages and colors. Bear in mind though that my analysis is logical deduction. All these big bang theory or that we evolved from monkey, or that african are dark skinned bcus of xreme sun exposion is utter rubbish.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry utter rubbish?!? Habba grin grin. See wetin u write and u wan call the idea of climate conditions utter rubbish. lipsrsealed you said Eve is white because she was made from Adam's rib which is white shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin LOOOOOOOOOOL. So why is Adam not white if Eve was indeed created with one of HIS WHITE ribs?

1 Like

Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 16, 2013
Empiree: All verses of Quran cited are indeed detailed. But given my radical thought, anything that is not "white "it's under "black" category. Therefore, our father Adam could not have been a white man. And from Quran we learn that his wife, Hawwa or Eve, was created from his ribs. Rib is a white cell. The last time I checked in the hospital human ribs are indeed white. This suggests that Hawwa could have been a white woman or at least light skinned. From them (Adam & Eve), we have countless of men and women of diff languages and colors. Bear in mind though that my analysis is logical deduction. All these big bang theory or that we evolved from monkey, or that african are dark skinned bcus of xreme sun exposion is utter rubbish.

Lmfao....wtf am I reading?

.....'eve must have been white because adam's rib was white' undecided undecided
.....'Anything not white is under the category of black so adam was black?'..... ??!!!?!?!

LMFAOOOOOO, wtf?

What the actual fhuck?

Wow.... the damage religion does to people's brains.
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 16, 2013
Empiree: All verses of Quran cited are indeed detailed. But given my radical thought, anything that is not "white "it's under "black" category. Therefore, our father Adam could not have been a white man. And from Quran we learn that his wife, Hawwa or Eve, was created from his ribs. Rib is a white cell. [size=14pt]The last time I checked in the hospital human ribs are indeed white[/size]. This suggests that Hawwa could have been a white woman or at least light skinned. From them (Adam & Eve), we have countless of men and women of diff languages and colors. Bear in mind though that my analysis is logical deduction. All these big bang theory or that we evolved from monkey, or that african are dark skinned bcus of xreme sun exposion is utter rubbish.

Lolololol @bold grin grin grin

This guy had to go to the hospital to check out the color of ribs before he knew that the bones are white in color.
He actually went into a hospital and asked the folks in there for the color of ribs.
Epic.
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 16, 2013
NL member:

Lolololol @bold grin grin grin

This guy had to go to the hospital to check out the color of ribs before he knew that the bones are white in color.
He actually went into a hospital and asked the folks in there for the color of ribs.
Epic.

LMFAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin my eye no even catch that one sef. First of all, I saw where he wrote utter rubbish for the idea of climatic conditions, I was now like ok let me go and actually read his post and to my dismay, I started seeing Eve is white/light skinned because of the color of the rib shocked shocked oh boy I no even fit finish reading the whole post before I start to quote am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked shocked
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Empiree: 12:31am On Sep 16, 2013
it.
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 16, 2013
Empiree: Why are you guys taking my opinion seriously. Have told u this is radical deduction. If u believe u evolved from monkey, that u. I'm not Monkeys are entirely diff creation. And when I said I "checked from the hospital". Thats sarcasm. why taking me seriously?. My deduction has no religious connotation.just mindset. So you may want to ignore it if you are not comfortable with it.

I didn't mention anything about your monkey evolution saga but the fact that u called climatic conditions utter rubbish when it infact makes absolute sense
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Empiree: 12:57am On Sep 16, 2013
I
Re: How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Mariarocks:

LMFAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin my eye no even catch that one sef. First of all, I saw where he wrote utter rubbish for the idea of climatic conditions, I was now like ok let me go and actually read his post and to my dismay, I started seeing Eve is white/light skinned because of the color of the rib shocked shocked oh boy I no even fit finish reading the whole post before I start to quote am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked shocked

I no know which madrassa the guy for learn all those things grin
......"Eve was light skinned"
......."Anything not white is under the category of black"...... grin grin grin
LWKMD.....wetin I no go see for this site?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What My Pastor Did That Made Me Quit My Church Today. / Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. / Dr Paul Enenche Falls Under The Anointing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.