Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:01 AM

Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action (13460 Views)

Tinubu Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance / EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2013
Farida Waziri denies writing Obasanjo, threatens legal action

Mrs Waziri says she never wrote Mr Obasanjo seeking help to extend her tenure.

Former chairperson of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Farida Waziri has disowned a letter she purportedly wrote asking former President Olusegun Obasanjo to intervene to allow her secure a second term.

Mrs Waziri said the letter was “total forgery” and threatened legal action against those responsible for the forgery.

“The letter is a total forgery. I had no such contact or communication with former President Obasanjo,” she told PREMIUM TIMES. “I might consider legal action against them because what they have done is criminal.”

In the letter, printed on a purported EFCC official headed paper, Mrs Waziri allegedly promised to reward the former president by turning the EFCC against his opponents and critics if he would prevail on President Goodluck Jonathan to approve a fresh term for her.

The letter was distributed to media organizations on Friday and has been published on several outlets. PREMIUM TIMES did not publish its contents because it could not immediately confirm its authenticity.

The emergence of the letter, said to have been written in the dying days of Mrs Waziri’s tenure, followed recent exchanges between former President Obasanjo and Mrs Waziri over her credibility and performance as the head of the EFCC.

In separate interviews in Zero Tolerance, a magazine published by the EFCC media unit, Mr. Obasanjo seriously questioned Mrs Waziri’s competence for the anti-corruption top job, and accused her of slowing the gains made by her predecessor, Nuhu Ribadu.

He also suggested that Mrs Waziri was appointed on the recommendation James Ibori, former governor of Delta state, currently in jail for stealing state funds.

The former EFCC boss denied the allegations and insisted she did well as head of the commission. She threatened to expose Mr Obasanjo’s shady past.

The sender of the letter she allegedly wrote to Mr Obasanjo made it clear the note was in response to the threat to expose Mr Obasanjo. He did not respond to further mails.

In the memo, Mrs Waziri purportedly said she could not telephone the ex-president for security concerns due to the nature of her request. She then asked Mr Obasanjo to “compel” President Jonathan to allow her continue in office, promising to go after former governor of Ogun state, Gbenga Daniel, for insulting Mr Obasanjo.

To press her point, she recalled the treatment of former House of Representatives speaker, Dimeji Bankole, by the EFCC purportedly as a reaction to Mr Bankole’s disrespect for the former president.

Mrs Waziri disclaimed the content of the letter and accused a “corrupt US-based lawyer and a UK-based blogger” of colluding to forge the letter and circulating it on the Internet.

Source
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2013
Are you referring to a blogger whose lastname starts with an 'E' and the US-based lawyer-cum activist who alleged the government recently authorised the payment of $12 BILLION to pro-Jonathan governors (Newsexpressngr.com)?

I have it on good authority that in the past one week the President signed or authorized the payment of 12 billion dollars to the PDP Governors that are supporting him. I had tried to know exactly what that money was meant to achieve. And it seems these were payments that would go to these Governors individually. In other words, this was not some allocation to their states. Obviously, the President had to do this to keep these Governors from turning their back on him as others have done. If the President is doing this to keep the Governors loyal, he must be doing a lot more dangerous things to try to remain in power. There would be a lot more happening and more money being moved to loyalists as vast war chest to fight to stay in power.”

Enjoying this interlude in proceedings... grin
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by GenWOJUOLA(m): 9:54am On Sep 15, 2013
I love dat old man... U cant threaten him, if u do, he'll deal with u before u can even think of making good ur threat.

4 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by xamuel17(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2013
Omg! This woman don dey fear o!! Anyway sha that one na dere headache not mine.....

Wana give a special thanks to mtn for giving me free mb. To dey for front page no be childs play ohh, na determination and joblessness u need

2 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2013
the document is obviously fake.
no one puts such politically implicating statements into writings using an official letter head of the commission
with name and signature intact.

A letter head means the letter is from the Office and not Waziri
and the issue discussed there in more of a tea-time discussion

Our media houses obviously will go to great heights to make news, even when they know it isn't authentic
It's easy to conjure anything these days with photoshop.

6 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by martyns303(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2013
Baba use to be the man, now he's just being a Nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2013
Moderator, put the letter she wrote on the front-page nah, so that people can see themselves.
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Chinaimporter: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2013
[size=18pt]I love this country so much every day is a drama. Whenever i a bored of sitting on my japanese peacock feather couch in my ikoyi waterfront mansion watching luciano pavaroti and ivete sangalo on my 100 inches maximuim defination samsung tv sipping a double xo richelieu cognac,wearing my cool hugo boss cashmere sweater and on my laps sits my 19 yrs old mixed race(multiple cocktail),hour glassed shaped barbadian beauty, i just get into my pegusas italy built luxury yacht and read nigerian newspapers just to laugh and wonder at the life of the poor men and women of nigeria who work for a living because there pappas never made it.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2013
webdezzi: the document is obviously fake.
no one puts such political statements into writings using an official letter head of the commission
with name and signature.

the composition itself seem like it was composed by an SS2 student.

i'd love to believe you, but stranger things have happened in our FG - its not exactly a beacon of bright bulbs

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by tchigofigo(m): 10:48am On Sep 15, 2013
OBJ, try smthing more fail-proof and logically conclusive.,nt sm sort of 'baseless' letter..na una start dis duel o wey we no ask 4..,mk it more interesting plz..4 nw..d scoreline remains..,1:1#eheen Pastor, wetin b ur topic again? SIGNS OF END TIME? Wow! Interesting.##
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by PHIPEX(m): 10:51am On Sep 15, 2013
I guess we are in for another round of purported exposures.

Round 1: Femi Fani kayode Vs Bianca

Round 2: Olusegun Obasanjo Vs Farida Waziri

Incidentally both have a threat of legal action, let's see if we will see another public apology from he who first cast the stone. Funny enough it is always a man against a woman.

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by meforyou1(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2013
The only reason I say the letter is fake is bcause, how can she put it in writing that it's better for her to write than to call to make the request.
When we all know it's better to call than to write on such issue

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by eposho: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]I love this country so much every day is a drama. Whenever i a bored of sitting on my japanese peacock feather couch in my ikoyi waterfront mansion watching luciano pavaroti and ivete sangalo on my 100 inches maximuim defination samsung tv sipping a double xo richelieu cognac,wearing my cool hugo boss cashmere sweater and on my laps sits my 19 yrs old mixed race(multiple cocktail),hour glassed shaped barbadian beauty, i just get into my pegusas italy built luxury yacht and read nigerian newspapers just to laugh and wonder at the life of the poor men and women of nigeria who work for a living because there pappas never made it.[/size]
yeah right. u dey form pavaroti for ajegunle.

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2013
I can't wait for their generation to pass away. Rabid set of senile fools clinging on the treasure of my dear country, and yet have the guts to publicly debate their evil escapades

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by gerald09(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2013
oyb:

i'd love to believe you, but stranger things have happened in our FG - its not exactly a beacon of bright bulbs
I agree wif u, this is Nigeria our statesmen/women can be dat stupid*
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 15, 2013
Sue osundefend8r them. Na dia handwork madam
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2013
And the back and forth continues...

Y'all(the party involved) should walk the walk already, enough with the childish rants and frivolities. Madam waziri, start suing and stop making noise.
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by israel007: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2013
We know it was cooked.

Abeg spare us the threat
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 15, 2013
Meanwhile, Presido weighs into the imbroglio:

Why I sacked Farida Waziri – Jonathan

September 12, 2013

“When I give you a job, I will give you time to do it. Assuming somebody, who is heading an agency that is supposed to handle corruption, is not doing that and says it is because of the President’s body language, that person is not competent.
“I am one Nigerian that has the privilege of holding this office that gives these people the latitude to do their work.

“I am happy that Nigerians have confidence in EFCC and in its chairman, Ibrahim Lamorde and I also have confidence in him.
“I have no personal relationship with Lamorde. He even investigated me while I was the governor of Bayelsa State. But I have confidence in him, given his track record.

“Of course, there was a lady who was there. There were lots of complaints. Some may be right, some may be wrong, but perception matters so much when handling matters like corruption.

“The confidence of the people must be there. I had to remove her and that does not mean that she is guilty of the allegations, but because I saw that Nigerians no longer had confidence in her.” ...

Source

Presido, now that we know "perception matters", even if no cast-iron proof of corruption has been provided, what's the deal with the favoured ministers you kept on? angry
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Awoofawo(m): 11:48am On Sep 15, 2013
job opportunity:urgently need at yaba left, resource-personal manager, apply for immediately employment!
requirement: you must be lover of craz tinz grin cool
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by PassingShot(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2013
The letter 'looks/appears" fake. Even the language is too loose and watery for it to have come from the Head of EFCC.
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2013
One doesn't need to be super intelligent to know that the so-called letter is fake. Even the language and choice of words in the letter gives it away as a fabricated piece of nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by adedealer: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
PHIPEX: I guess we are in for another round of purported exposures.

Round 1: Femi Fani kayode Vs Bianca

Round 2: Olusegun Obasanjo Vs Farida Waziri

Incidentally both have a threat of legal action, let's see if we will see another public apology from he who first cast the stone. Funny enough it is always a man against a woman.

Eedy vs Cossy..... grin
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by logica(m): 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
gratiaeo:
This is serious
The whole world have see their lying altitude (their willing tools)
What about longitude and latitude? Were those see too?
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
martyns303: Baba use to be the man, now he's just being a Nuisance.
Baba is still the man, U just have to watch and learn !!!
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
baba is nothing but a clown,i respect him,but he should just sit,and enjoy his loot,rather than running his mouth,as if he isnt part of Nigeria problem.

1 Like

Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by GenWOJUOLA(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
webdezzi: the document is obviously fake.
no one puts such politically implicating statements into writings using an official letter head of the commission
with name and signature intact.

A letter head means the letter is from the Office and not Waziri
and the issue discussed there in more of a tea-time discussion

Our media houses obviously will go to great heights to make news, even when they know it isn't authentic

as long as she cant proof its fake, it remains original!!
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Orikinla(m): 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nigerians are just conscienceless and shameless creatures.

How would a normal person even do such a thing as forging a letter that any dummy could easily see as fake?
Re: Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action by Noblechyk: 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
me_for_you: The only reason I say the letter is fake is bcause, how can she put it in writing that it's better for her to write than to call to make the request.
When we all know it's better to call than to write on such issue
To call is still as much implicating as writing. But as Chairperson of EFFC, she had unhindered access to Obj. D letter is without doubt, forged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC, APC Set For Showdown Today Over Zamfara Candidates’ List / Shehu Shagari: PDP Slams Buhari, Osinbajo Over Absence At Ex-president’s Burial / NANS Endorses Umahi To Become President Of Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.