Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? (1146 Views)

How Does The Fact That There Are Gay Animals Impact The Idea That Gay Is Sin? / Opinion: American Jesus Or Bible Jesus / True God - the God of Bible(Jesus): which other God can stand this test?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2013
According to the bible, Joseph, Jesus' father had 2 fathers. No mention was made of a mother. Does it mean they were gay? This might explain certain traits in the life of Jesus especially if gayism is genetic.

Here:

Matthew 1:16

16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

and here:

Luke 3:23

23 Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli,
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by texanomaly(f): 10:31am On Sep 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: According to the bible, Joseph, Jesus' father had 2 fathers. No mention was made of a mother. Does it mean they were gay? This might explain certain traits in the life of Jesus especially if gayism is genetic.

Here:

16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

and here:

23 Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli,
undecided Wow. That's a stretch. Even for you Alpha.
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2013
texanomaly:
undecided Wow. That's a stretch. Even for you Alpha.

Can you explain those passages then. I just want to know.
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: According to the bible, Joseph, Jesus' father had 2 fathers. No mention was made of a mother. Does it mean they were gay? This might explain certain traits in the life of Jesus especially if gayism is genetic.

Here:

and here:

And what about it?
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by texanomaly(f): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Can you explain those passages then. I just want to know.
Ok. I know you hate copy and paste, but this says what I want to say perfectly. I don't have time to type all day. Besides, I love genealogy, and this is what I would have said. I already knew this, I'm sure you do too. You were counting on ignorance, or you already have a reply for this answer. You are way to smart to ask a question you don't already know the answer to, but I'll bite this time. I'm in the mood.

You may have noticed that Luke says Joseph’s father was Heli. So the question is, who was Joseph’s father, Jacob or Heli? Remember, Luke is researching the life of Christ so he would have chosen to look at public or family records. During those days in the land of Israel, the women were placed under the protection of their fathers until they married and then upon marriage, they were placed under the protection of their husbands. Today, for instance, in many Middle Eastern countries, women are placed in the passports of the fathers until marriage and then in the passports of their husbands upon marriage. On paper, it looks like the women do not exist and when searching for their documents you have to look under the name of the father or the husband. That is what life was like during Joseph and Mary’s days. Mary would have been placed under the name of her husband so when looking to see who the father of Mary was, you would have to look under Joseph’s name, hence Joseph appears (on paper) to have two fathers. Heli is the father of Mary. So, Luke presents Christ’s heritage through His mother Mary, back to David. Jesus is the rightful ruler of the throne of David, both from His mother’s side and His earthly father’s side.

Ok. What now brainiac?
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by tobechi20(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2013
According to op, one person cant bear two names
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by MEILYN(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
Heli is the real father of Joseph, Jacob which is Israel is not a single person, so therefore those passages are trying to tell you that Joseph was from Israel and his father ways Heli...... I dont even know what brought out the Gayish stuff into those passages, those passages did nt contradict.
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Reyginus: And what about it?
alfa u again.. U av refused to repent RYT? May GOD save ur soul
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
MEILYN: Heli is the real father of Joseph, Jacob which is Israel is not a single person, so therefore those passages are trying to tell you that Joseph was from Israel and his father ways Heli...... I dont even know what brought out the Gayish stuff into those passages, those passages did nt contradict.
u r right bro.. Dude is confused. JACOB is an ancestor.. HELI is jesus's direct grandfather..

1 Like

Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by nnofaith: 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
Techically jesus does not have a grandfather, or does god have a father too? you can never tell with xtians sha!
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
texanomaly:
Ok. I know you hate copy and paste, but this says what I want to say perfectly. I don't have time to type all day. Besides, I love genealogy, and this is what I would have said. I already knew this, I'm sure you do too. You were counting on ignorance, or you already have a reply for this answer. You are way to smart to ask a question you don't already know the answer to, but I'll bite this time. I'm in the mood.

You may have noticed that Luke says Joseph’s father was Heli. So the question is, who was Joseph’s father, Jacob or Heli? Remember, Luke is researching the life of Christ so he would have chosen to look at public or family records. During those days in the land of Israel, the women were placed under the protection of their fathers until they married and then upon marriage, they were placed under the protection of their husbands. Today, for instance, in many Middle Eastern countries, women are placed in the passports of the fathers until marriage and then in the passports of their husbands upon marriage. On paper, it looks like the women do not exist and when searching for their documents you have to look under the name of the father or the husband. That is what life was like during Joseph and Mary’s days. Mary would have been placed under the name of her husband so when looking to see who the father of Mary was, you would have to look under Joseph’s name, hence Joseph appears (on paper) to have two fathers. Heli is the father of Mary. So, Luke presents Christ’s heritage through His mother Mary, back to David. Jesus is the rightful ruler of the throne of David, both from His mother’s side and His earthly father’s side.

Ok. What now brainiac?

I was going to respond but your fellow xtians here, and the bible, are doing a very good job at debunking you.
You say Heli is the father of Mary. Bible says Heli is the father of Joseph. Who are we going to believe? You or the bible?
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by khattab02: 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2013

Here:

and here:

from the verse u quoted above joseph is the suppossed father of Jesus peace be upon him not his biological father. But you will wonder how he has got two separate lists of geneology in the Bible one in Matthew and the other in Luke. A man who has no father, who was miraculously born?
Re: Bible: Jesus' Grandfathers Are Gay? by Ziccocfr(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2013

Here:

and here:

pls don't confuse u're self, if jesus's father were gay, how can a man give birth, just read that luke 3:23 down to 32 u will see where heli was traced back to jacob, so[b]jacob is his ancestor not his immidiate father....[/b]

(1) (Reply)

A Teaching Presented On Law And Grace. Please Read And Learn/comment / TB Joshua's Church Delivers Another Nollywood Actress / I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.