Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? (1863 Views)

A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by chummybro(f): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2008
Please what is wrong When will this crisis stop, NIGER DELTA what is it? Please people of Niger Delta what exactly is you problem Especially Rivers State, You people of Niger Delta are fighting for what, that FG should do this and that for you, is a pity that you people are very uncivilized and that is why the sense of judgment is very poor. Please can you tell me which other states in Nigeria has received one tenth of what you receive or what FG has done for you people, yet you people are still agitating for stupid right. You know your problem but leave it to pursue shadows. In employment, companies in River State gives you people preferential treat, not as if some of you are well qualified, yet you won’t allow peace to reign. What have your Governors that are from your place done for you yet he receives money to develop the state, you all know your state politicians squander your money and has refused to fight them instead you fight the wrong people.

I bet you, if only you can get hold of your governor and the state politicians to do their work, Rivers State will be better than NY. Look at Peter Odili, what did he do? He shared money here and there and yet you militants can not lay hold of him. Most roads are in bad shape in PH is because the contract are awarded to the indigenes who pockets the money yet you all knows the truth and refuse to fight for the truth. They give you people scholarships here and there even to study abroad, yet you can not leave up to the responsibilities, why abroad on school you people still for militants, go to your secondary schools and see how cult is dominating there at that stage. Over grown adults are still in secondary school.  WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? Why not look within and solve it amongst yourself with your leaders, why should you allow the unfaithful leaders go scot-free, only to fight and kidnap people here and there.

Why would your chiefs sponsor youths into evil acts?  Can some one clearly define your problems and reasons for agitating and militancy and kidnapping 70 out of 100 youths out there are illiterates and militants yet there are opportunity for them, Is only in Rivers State that below average students that are indigenes are giving admission into higher Institution, they pay them huge amount of bursary yet they will drop out of school to practice militancy and you think you are a hero Other tribes and states are trying despite that they don’t have opportunity as you people. SO WHATS YOUR PROBLEM Is quite a pity that you people don’t have case just go and trash it out with your leaders. You people should have a rethink for God’s sake. STOP KIDNAPPIN, STOP MILITANCY, STOP! STOP!! STOP!!!
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by kpomo98(f): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2008
Look don’t get involved in what you know nothing about. Ok.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by kiwi992(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2008
Listen You,

You better shut your big gob and steer clear of sensitive issues that would most probably land you in muddy waters.  You are such a plonker!

What do you know about the Niger Delta?  Where would Nigeria be without the Niger Delta

You are such a fool for spouting your ignorance and stupidity in Nairaland.  What do you know?  Aren't all Nigerian politicians corrupt?  Politicians that are supposed to be at the service of their country, yet take pride in robbing the country of its wealth by stashing away billions of pounds in Swiss bank accounts.

Oh yeah, you asked what we want.  In a nutshell, your water-filled brain.  You senseless buffoon!

You can bloody-well hide behind your computer screen and write such utter nonesense.  Next time, I better warn you to think carefully before saying anything.

kiwi992.

A proud citizen of Bakana in the Niger Delta - an oil-producing town without any decent school, running water, roads or electricity.  A town whose natural resource is sustaining Nigeria at the expense of itself and other towns and villages in the Niger Delta.  Our day shall come.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by AshleyDW(f): 9:57am On Sep 08, 2008
Go to http://poisonfire.org/ -saw dis on another thread called poison fire on the home page, felt really sad after watching it.
u'll know wat dey want.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by dudubobo1: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2008
That's a very annoying video and makes me feel like just confronting all those idiotic shell officials physically. How does anyone feel happy decimating the lives of other people and then shirk responsibility by claiming that it is because of corruption with the Nigerian Government?
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by carnal: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2008
@chummybro in as much as i want to also say that you don''t meddle into a scenario you know little about,i still want to mention here too that odili shared our money among some nigerdelta contractors who ended up not doing our roads,our water and clean ing our messed environment,yes we have being cheated by the oil companies and govt. at large but definately our elders,govt. and some of us have either aided or contributed to these, i have been in a situation where a man from nigerdelta was given a position and all he did was used it against those of us from nigerdelta all because we all work in an oil company,so in as much these is the case,now we are waiting for yar-adua and he's new niger delta ministry,we want to see what exactly they will do for us as we are tired of our governor who cannot function even with all the 13% derivation in their coffers
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by emotional(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2008
chummy_bro
have u seen the video? want to hear your comments.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by sistawoman: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2008
Please pardon me for my ignorance I am very interested in the Niger Delta and what is happening there.

Are the leaders/those in charge of the money elected?

If so how long are they elected for?

Who votes for them all of Nigeria or just those in the Niger Delta?
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by emotional(m): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2008
@Sistawoman we had SELECTIONS in nigeria not ELECTION.nigeria is a country where votes are not needed by any politicians to rule. What a pity!
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by sistawoman: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2008
emotional:

@Sistawoman we had SELECTIONS in nigeria not ELECTION.nigeria is a country where votes are not needed by any politicians to rule. What a pity!

Who selects your leaders?
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by Ezinwannem: 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2008
I am quiet interested in this topic, am already doing a research on the connection b/w natural resources and conflict in Nigeria
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by emotional(m): 8:01am On Sep 20, 2008
@sistawoman,are u not a nigerian?
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by Sammy107d(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2008
kiwi992:

kiwi992.

A proud citizen of Bakana in the Niger Delta - an oil-producing town without any decent school, running water, roads or electricity.  A town whose natural resources is sustaining Nigeria at the expense of itself and other towns and villages in the Niger Delta.  Our day shall come. 

and who builds most of these schools and gets water? the federal government? i wonder why they just refuse to hold the state governments responsible, and they lash out as soon as anyone wants them to clearly define their wants- and how they want it achieved. The best the federal government can do is allocate funds to the states- by the way statistics shows that those states receive most allocations. Question your state government first before you hold the federal accountable. The governors are so silent, im starting to believe they are the brains behind the whole mission. corrupt devils.  federal, state, and militant, all of em!
Just saw the video. its all in the hands of the oil companies, and law enforcement to enforce the ruling. or the militants could help them enforce it, not fight the government. i like the people sha.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by kiwi992(m): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2008
Hi,

and who builds most of these schools and gets water? the federal government? i wonder why they just refuse to hold the state governments responsible, and they lash out as soon as anyone wants them to clearly define their wants- and how they want it achieved. The best the federal government can do is allocate funds to the states- by the way statistics shows that those states receive most allocations. Question your state government first before you hold the federal accountable. The governors are so silent, im starting to believe they are the brains behind the whole mission. corrupt devils.  federal, state, and militant, all of em!

You can talk! 

I bet you are all part of the same clique.  Just remember - our day has come and sooner or later, you'll know who should be dishing out the revenues from the oil - we the peoples of the Niger Delta or you lot.

You think MEND is fighting for no apparent reason, don't you?

How much of the oil revenues do we get?  How much?  Are you telling me that it's enough to go round and build basic infrastructure?  Enough to develop the various towns and villages in the Niger Delta?

Have you thought about the environmental pollution?  Over the decades, we have been short-changed, down-trodden, ignored, under-developed, to think that you buggers are creating more and more states, building a new capital, and all that, at the expense of the oil-producing Niger Delta.

Discrimination against indegenes of the Niger Delta in the job market - how many Niger Deltans have you got working in the oil companies?  Think mate, think before you open your mouth.

Oh yeah, question your government about the billions of pounds stashed away in foreign bank accounts by those corrupt, greedy and selfish Nigerian politicians.  Where did all that money come from?  OIL, in case you didn't know. 

kiwi992.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by timbabng(m): 11:45am On Sep 20, 2008
. . . . . . kai! this thread is too hot for me, but the poison fire video is touching cry
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by Sammy107d(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=7415.msg2463407#msg2463407

Poster see that thread.
We dont av 2 go over this again.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by manmustwac(m): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2008
emotional sistawoman is not nigerian she's african american. Check her picture in her profile. Sistawoman what emotional is trying to say is that nigeria dose have elections but because they are always rigged and the politicians are selected its more like selections rather than elections
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by WarfyBoy(m): 9:08pm On Sep 20, 2008
SIMPLE QUESTION;

WE SIMPLY WANT YOUR HEAD AT THE UVWIE SHRINE 4 SACRIFICE

So you think the 9ja Deltans r fitin for there own self alone.

I think you need a lesson
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by Sammy107d(m): 3:05am On Sep 21, 2008
u av a problem. that makes no sense.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by emotional(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2008
@sammy
the last fund allocated by fed.govt. over 70% of that was meant for security you know what that means? buy more ammunitions to KILL,build more prisons  to keep them.these pple have come to realise that the manner they ve been praying for only happened in EXODUS the time of MOSES not now.search more niger delta videos on youtube and see what they v been going tru over 4 decades of oil exploitation without militancy yet no changes, l think is time those guys act. "FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE TO REIN IN A REGION LIKE NIGER DELTA AND IN NIGERIA IN GENERAL,SOME BLOOD MUST BE SHEARED" tho am not from that region but l tell u bro "water dey fall from my eyes for those pple"

@manmustwac,thanks for that info.but check this out from the romance thread,posted by SISTAWOMAN:

To all my GOOD Nigerian men:
God created you just for us, there are no other men on the face of the earth like yall.  Good Nigerian men work harder, love harder and respect harder their women than any other men on the face of this planet.

The reason most of us are here is because of you.

This is one sista that no matter how many times her heart is hurt I will never turn my back on my brothas.

chummy_bro. your comments pls. or you r here in disguise?
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by benincitys(f): 1:17am On Sep 25, 2008
they want good things in niger delta
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by JJYOU: 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2009
chummy_bro:

Please what is wrong When will this crisis stop, NIGER DELTA what is it? Please people of Niger Delta what exactly is you problem Especially Rivers State, You people of Niger Delta are fighting for what, that FG should do this and that for you, is a pity that you people are very uncivilized and that is why the sense of judgment is very poor. Please can you tell me which other states in Nigeria has received one tenth of what you receive or what FG has done for you people, yet you people are still agitating for stupid right. You know your problem but leave it to pursue shadows. In employment, companies in River State gives you people preferential treat, not as if some of you are well qualified, yet you won’t allow peace to reign. What have your Governors that are from your place done for you yet he receives money to develop the state, you all know your state politicians squander your money and has refused to fight them instead you fight the wrong people.

I bet you, if only you can get hold of your governor and the state politicians to do their work, Rivers State will be better than NY. Look at Peter Odili, what did he do? He shared money here and there and yet you militants can not lay hold of him. Most roads are in bad shape in PH is because the contract are awarded to the indigenes who pockets the money yet you all knows the truth and refuse to fight for the truth. They give you people scholarships here and there even to study abroad, yet you can not leave up to the responsibilities, why abroad on school you people still for militants, go to your secondary schools and see how cult is dominating there at that stage. Over grown adults are still in secondary school.  WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? Why not look within and solve it amongst yourself with your leaders, why should you allow the unfaithful leaders go scot-free, only to fight and kidnap people here and there.

Why would your chiefs sponsor youths into evil acts?  Can some one clearly define your problems and reasons for agitating and militancy and kidnapping 70 out of 100 youths out there are illiterates and militants yet there are opportunity for them, Is only in Rivers State that below average students that are indigenes are giving admission into higher Institution, they pay them huge amount of bursary yet they will drop out of school to practice militancy and you think you are a hero Other tribes and states are trying despite that they don’t have opportunity as you people. SO WHATS YOUR PROBLEM Is quite a pity that you people don’t have case just go and trash it out with your leaders. You people should have a rethink for God’s sake. STOP KIDNAPPIN, STOP MILITANCY, STOP! STOP!! STOP!!!

chummy_bro:

some things are beyond your pay grade this is one of them. nigeria not just the govts. in this region have cheated this people beyond believe.  nothing justifies the non challant attitude we have had tpwards them.  we collective bred this monster
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by Abuzola(m): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tummybro, i agree with ya, they are bunch of criminals kidnapping and asking for ransom
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by dominique(f): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2009
@Abuzola

i kindda feel for those people. though i'm not in support of the violence over there but i feel they were fed up with being cheated all their lives and had to resort to violence. had the government done the right thing from the start the situation would have not had aggravated to this stage. they lost their livelihood of farming and fishing to oil exploitation and they never got the compensation they deserved. i heard the oil companies only settles the chieftains with lots of money which never gets to the ordinary citizens dont know how true that is.
undecided
i've never been there, i dont know the entire story, but i know how the politics of this country works and sadly its not in favour of the average or lower classed man. from the way things are going over there, its going to get even worse. . .lets just hope God intervenes soon enough.
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by tamme: 4:45am On Oct 16, 2009
24 hours electricity, constant water supply, free education and good health care
Re: People Of Niger Delta, What Do You Want? by udezue(m): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2009
They just want Akara and Akamu with Mmanya nkwu on da side. ODE

(1) (Reply)

An Average Igala Man In A Relationship. / Spoting A Dead Person After Been Buried (akudaya) How True Is This? / Hausa Vs Igbo Vs Yorouba, Who Speaks The Best English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.