Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 (2741 Views)

. / How Do I Convince This Girl To Accept My Proposal. / How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pls how do i convince my 23yr old boyfriend to let marrie? I love my boyfriend so much i cnt wait for us to be together and i cnt stp thinking about having a baby nw too. I hate premarital sex my conscience warns me against it.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Obinnau(m): 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
Oh dearie, marriage is not all that it seems. Have you considered your education? The implications of taking care of a child? Are u sure ur boyfriend sees the relationship that way? How financially stable you are right now? Believe me its not something you just jump into. Pls have a rethink to avoid have I known.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Obinnau(m): 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
I went through ur profile and I got to know that you are thinking about this because the situation in ur home. Pls try to live with it as you better off than most girls, atleast till u get to ur twenties.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Enegod(m): 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
if its sex you want...then get yourself fvcked...at 23, he still has alot to think of...
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hummmmmm
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by demelza: 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
I hope ASUU isn't a reason for this decision?
Why the haste anyway, you got your life ahead of you.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Enegod(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
nadia_SA: Hummmmmm

I'll send u pm on how to make him marry u ok.. I'm 19 nd my man 25. It worked for me hope it will work for u too..

Ok ..
Hope u know what u getting urslf into..
what is she geting into?
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by yfo: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2013

I'll send u pm on how to make him marry u ok.. I'm 19 nd my man 25. It worked for me hope it will work for u too..

Ok ..

don't think u should encourage her....it worked for u doesn't mean its gonna work for her, humans are a bag of emotions and complexities...even with d end-goal being d same (marriage), the different variables involved could make your techs back-fire so bad that she may wanna blame u...
cheesy

seriously though, your man's 25 n probably didn't have much reservations bout settling @ that age...
but @23 (which is still kinda young in the male world), this dude could still have so much on his mind to accomplish before getting married.

lastly, I think the op wants to get married for the wrong reasons-to have sex and procreate- without caring for the other major points that one should think of when planning for marriage.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by ichidodo: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2013

Ok ..
Are you married? *shock* its a lie.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Danhumprey: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
I blame ASUU! angry So many sick topics making front page these days. Now,another person has come,looking for advice on how to make her guy marry her! What sick mentality! You think marriage is that easy as it appear on the surface? Pls,try and look deeper. It ain't easy,and believe me at your age,you are not 100% fit to marry,because the responsibility would be too much,that after one year,you would start crying to leave the marriage. Marriage are for matured,well-prepared adults. Your boyfriend,isn't of age. He ain't financially secured as at now.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Haywhymido(m): 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ehya sorry my dear, Na ASUU n fg cause dis?
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by ichidodo: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
O.p take a deep breath and relax.It is obvious you are emotional about this dilemma but your well being is paramount here.To be honest, your buobou can't marry you as there are too many bridges to cross before then.Why don't you suspend the ragin emotions, get about improvin yourself,abilities and talents.If your boubou notices your effort,he just make you his forever.Cheers.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
OlamiB: Pls how do i convince my 23yr old boyfriend to let marrie? I love my boyfriend so much i cnt wait for us to be together and i cnt stp thinking about having a baby nw too. I hate premarital sex my conscience warns me against it.
this one just start life, you never see anything. I go soon turn you.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
y-fo:

don't think u should encourage her....it worked for u doesn't mean its gonna work for her, humans are a bag of emotions and complexities...even with d end-goal being d same (marriage), the different variables involved could make your techs back-fire so bad that she may wanna blame u...
cheesy

seriously though, your man's 25 n probably didn't have much reservations bout settling @ that age...
but @23 (which is still kinda young in the male world), this dude could still have so much on his mind to accomplish before getting married.

lastly, I think the op wants to get married for the wrong reasons-to have sex and procreate- without caring for the other major points that one should think of when planning for marriage.

Itz you who shouldbt discourage her, it what she wanna do, she is not under 18 which means she is responsible for her decisions, what she need is how to convince her guy to marry her
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
And they all think they know so much about marriage, because you can't take the responsibility of marriage doesn't mean others aint ready to.

OP I do not think you are too young for marriage, if U are ready then go for it, I pray it works out for you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
Obinnau: I went through ur profile and I got to know that you are thinking about this because the situation in ur home. Pls try to live with it as you better off than most girls, atleast till u get to ur twenties.
what kind of home situation? And which profile?
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by drnairalov: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
awwww i read her last post 2.. sorry bae!! by the way...he is 23...most guys dnt wanna marry dah early, does he ve a job? naaa i doubt it. chill yo, ur case aint the worst scenario, other dnt even v a dad 2 giv dem anything,! control dem emotionz talk wiv ur guy, if hes ready go ahead..if he aint den dnt force a niccur 2 d altar!!!!

*if ur bf no gree m ready 4 marriage ehn! come marry me...am only 18yrs old, a working class, rich,, have a duplex in lekki, ve 5 state of the art car!! holla @me #okbye
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Obinnau(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
OlamiB: what kind of home situation? And which profile?
were u not the person that wrote this=>
OlamiB: How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad?by OlamiB:12:53pmOnSep 03
My dad is what you will call a typical stingy man, its nt as if he is not rich, I would have understood that i came to this world through a poor man if he is poor, but my dad is rich nd people see my as 'omo baba olowo' even wen they dnt know what i pass through bfr he gives me money. The only thing he pays attention to is my school fee, even tho he sometimes grumble bfr he pays, I attended a public scul during my seconday school time, so he didnt pay more than 1,500 per term. I alwayz go broke at home especially during break up to the extent of stealing his money because i know if i ask on a normal day he wunt give me. My mum is an housewife to make matters worst! She is tired of him too. I just wish i could get pregnant so i would leave the house for him, i prefer to live in my bfs house and suffer there than to stay with my dad nd still be suffering He is a kind of dad his daughters wont pray to have as an husband. Please how do i cope with him? He wants us to work day and night for him but cnt give us nofin in return! To buy recharge card, do my hair, buy cloth, slippers is a vewi big problem for me! He only gives us 10,000 for christmas cloth through the year nd nothing more till the next december. How do i cope pls? Am 18, maybe I should just get married

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by yfo: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
baibijay:

Itz you who shouldbt discourage her, it what she wanna do, she is not under 18 which means she is responsible for her decisions, what she need is how to convince her guy to marry her

and she's still just a teen....though I believe girls can marry early (not this early), how bout her significant other...the dude is just 23 and u want him to settle down when he hasn't fully matured.

I'm not married and have no experience with it, if u wanna support her...fine. I have a different view and feel she should concentrate on more important things now as she's trying to get married so as to enjoy priviledges that come with marriage, rather than looking at it from a holistic view and understanding the full weight of her decision.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by drnairalov: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Obinnau: were u not the person that wrote this=>

niccur who send u... she send u..Nigerians sha
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by drnairalov: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2013

Ok ..

huh!!! Nadia re u married??
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
I would have said
'Book Before Boys bla bla bla...'

But ASUU no give me mouth talk.

Dearie, please slow down... Take a deep breath and think about it.
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by wasak(m): 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
personally I c Nothing wrong in ur wish... but like other posters have said... wat about ur bf? is he independent? wat of his family? (his position and status in d family matters a lot )...even u... av u discussed ds with either of ur parents? its true u re legally mature for marriage... but there are so many factors that can't be overlooked. however ignore dose who are saying u re too young or ur bf is too young... maturity is not age...it is d state of mind. discuss it with ur bf and preferably ur mum... u aren't too young... though marriage is not a bed of roses...every marriage has its own challenges.. u ve got to be emotionally prepared... my opinion tho
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
nah! My dad is rich and nice, even if he is stingy i cn neva come here to discuss it. He just gave me 5k for pocket money....i share this acc wit a frnd
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
nah. I share this acc with a frnd
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by swtme(f): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Madam 'marrie' when u r able to spell n write correctly, then i will tell u.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
wasak: personally I c Nothing wrong in ur wish... but like other posters have said... wat about ur bf? is he independent? wat of his family? (his position and status in d family matters a lot )...even u... av u discussed ds with either of ur parents? its true u re legally mature for marriage... but there are so many factors that can't be overlooked. however ignore dose who are saying u re too young or ur bf is too young... maturity is not age...it is d state of mind. discuss it with ur bf and preferably ur mum... u aren't too young... though marriage is not a bed of roses...every marriage has its own challenges.. u ve got to be emotionally prepared... my opinion tho
tnks dear
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
drnairalov: awwww i read her last post 2.. sorry bae!! by the way...he is 23...most guys dnt wanna marry dah early, does he ve a job? naaa i doubt it. chill yo, ur case aint the worst scenario, other dnt even v a dad 2 giv dem anything,! control dem emotionz talk wiv ur guy, if hes ready go ahead..if he aint den dnt force a niccur 2 d altar!!!!

*if ur bf no gree m ready 4 marriage ehn! come marry me...am only 18yrs old, a working class, rich,, have a duplex in lekki, ve 5 state of the art car!! holla @me #okbye
tnks
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2013

Ok ..
i wil be expecting
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Husband security cheesy
Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by henrychubayo: 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
D idea is good. In as much as u re not ready for marriage but want to keep God's law of no sex b4 marriage, our God will help u. Even those who have many thing wen they got married, still are not happy in their marriage showing its has no solid foundation. Have God, have love for him, talk it with him, speak with ur parents and other mature ppl, and don't forget to rely on God and tell him ur wish of marriage and sexual relations. He will help u. Refuse to give in to do it outside marriage. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My 23year Old Boyfriend To Let Marrie? Am Only 19 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
You are too young for that. Get educated first. There is a time and place for everything. If you really are meant to be together then waiting will not change anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of Guy For A Serious Relationship In Benin / Hello, Please A Brother Needs Ur Advice / Am Inlove With Someone Else.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.